Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Health Forum

Old 11-16-2009, 01:37 AM   #1026
Inhibited

Inhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging in

x-trainer, and weights umm let me see if i can remember them, the support row, chest press, shoulder press, and umm another i forgot the name of..
Am trying to do push ups on my toes i can get into position but can't move from there as yet, will try again tomorrow..
Inhibited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:49 AM   #1027
Aust99

Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Did my 40 min resistance/ cardio workout.... oh yeah... woke me up.. just in time to stay up writing report comments.... damn this time of year!!
Aust99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:31 PM   #1028
tinkerbell

tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Did a 40 min work out video and then ran 1 mile.

I was freaked the first time I did a trail, Frankie. But I fell in love! Its so much fun, and I never thought I'd like it.

And yeah, my foot is really hurting. I probably shouldn't have went running.

Good luck, Inhibited with the push ups! I tried doing regular push ups today, on my toes, and could barely do two -they're hard!
Old 11-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #1029
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm working on those too! They are hard but dammit I will persevere.

Very light cardio today but a ton of stretching. I needed a light day. I'm really excited about how limber my hamstrings are getting. I can lie flat on the ground and pull my leg back and it's getting very close to my face....at least halfway past a 90 degree angle.
LoveBHMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:14 PM   #1030
supersizebbw
Who run the world..Girls!

supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

finally managed to join a gym today yay! so today did a 1 hour workout of: 10min treadmill, 30min cross trainer and 20min treadclimber.

my new gym has a stairclimber and i'd never dream of getting on it, much respect to those who can do it for a full hour!
Old 11-17-2009, 02:28 AM   #1031
Aust99

Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersizebbw View Post
finally managed to join a gym today yay! so today did a 1 hour workout of: 10min treadmill, 30min cross trainer and 20min treadclimber.

my new gym has a stairclimber and i'd never dream of getting on it, much respect to those who can do it for a full hour!
Damn..... much respect to you for the 30mins on the cross trainer... I find it so hard... 10 mins tops for me. Will try and build it up...
Old 11-17-2009, 01:03 PM   #1032
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Fantastic workouts everyone! Way to go!

Made it to the gym...did 40 minutes weights, 30 minutes treadmill. Did another 20 minutes yoga at home later in the evening.
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:05 PM   #1033
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Two, 26-minutes walks, to and from Starbucks. Later, I'll do a vigorous 20 minute workout. But not before I take some Tylenol. My arthritis is BAD.

I feel OLD!
Rojodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:07 PM   #1034
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersizebbw View Post

Honestly, don't be scared of it! If you can do other cardio machines you can do the Stairmaster. It allows you to program in as much or as little time as you want, and at as high or low a level as you want. Try just 5 minutes at Level 2 and you'll be so proud of yourself, I promise.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:07 PM   #1035
supersizebbw
Who run the world..Girls!

supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

today i really didn't feel like working out but managed to somehow drag myself to the gym and managed to do 20mins of the treadclimber and 40mins of the cross trainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aust99 View Post
Damn..... much respect to you for the 30mins on the cross trainer... I find it so hard... 10 mins tops for me. Will try and build it up...
lol! thanks, i think it really helped that i started by doing it on level 1 every single time then have slowly built up on it timewise and levelwise. just like you said if you build on it slowly by slowly you'll get there in not time at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post
Honestly, don't be scared of it! If you can do other cardio machines you can do the Stairmaster. It allows you to program in as much or as little time as you want, and at as high or low a level as you want. Try just 5 minutes at Level 2 and you'll be so proud of yourself, I promise.
thanks for the encouragement...i'll attempt to give it a shot soon...i would one day like to be able to say i conquered the stairmaster lol!

glad to see everyones workouts going great. this thread is really good for motivation!
Old 11-17-2009, 08:33 PM   #1036
LoveBHMS
default title

I did a mass cardio blast today.

70 minutes of level 6 stairmaster and 10 minutes of level 3 as a steady state/cool down.

My quads are burning but I am so proud.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:15 PM   #1037
Frankie
No longer a member

Frankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Yesterday I walked about four miles.

Today: 35 minutes on the elliptical machine, 12 minutes on the Stairmaster, and a round of the weight machines. I would have done more if I had more time and more energy. I don't know if it's because I didn't drink much water today or have anything to eat for six and a half hours, but I didn't have as much get up and go. I usually eat a small snack before I go to the gym but didn't have the time to grab one today.

I need to figure out what I plan to do on the days on which I don't go to the gym. There's always walking, but walking around my neighborhood bores me. I have a couple of Jillian Michaels DVDs, but I can't get into them completely - I'm sure my downstairs neighbor won't appreciate me maniacally jumping all around right over her head.
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:34 AM   #1038
Aust99

Default :p

40 mins at the gym today.... woke me up enough to continue working at home tonight... Damn reports...
Old 11-18-2009, 07:39 AM   #1039
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

home workout...1 hour of Wii aerobic type exercises...tennis, boxing, jogging, step, etc. 30 minutes yoga.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:05 AM   #1040
lypeaches

home workout again. 1 hour of Wii aerobics, half hour of yoga
Old 11-20-2009, 06:13 AM   #1041
tinkerbell

tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I worked out Wednesday AM

I did a 5 min warm up, 20 min high intensity work out, and 10 min cool down.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:40 AM   #1042
LoveBHMS
default title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
Yesterday I walked about four miles.

Today: 35 minutes on the elliptical machine, 12 minutes on the Stairmaster, and a round of the weight machines. I would have done more if I had more time and more energy. I don't know if it's because I didn't drink much water today or have anything to eat for six and a half hours, but I didn't have as much get up and go. I usually eat a small snack before I go to the gym but didn't have the time to grab one today.

I need to figure out what I plan to do on the days on which I don't go to the gym. There's always walking, but walking around my neighborhood bores me. I have a couple of Jillian Michaels DVDs, but I can't get into them completely - I'm sure my downstairs neighbor won't appreciate me maniacally jumping all around right over her head.
Have you considered some home equipment like a stability ball, free weights, or a weight bar? Those can all be used non-impact so you dont' have to worry about upsetting downstairs neighbors. I have a 15 pound weight bar that I used to do bicep and tricep curls and "rows" (standing while holding the bar in both hands and pulling it upwards) and i also have some free weights and a stability ball which is great for stretching my spine and also balance/core exercises. You can also use the ball for many variations on situps.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:47 AM   #1043
lypeaches

20 minutes free weights, 40 minutes Wii aerobics, 30 minutes yoga.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:08 PM   #1044
LoveBHMS
default title

One hour level 6 Stairmaster

Weight bar lifts for triceps and biceps and lats.

Hamstring stretches and full body yoga stretch.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:25 PM   #1045
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Today's Home Workout
light day

1. Wrist Roller (37.5 lbs) (forearm work)
2. Head Strap (37.5 lbs) 3X10 (neck work)

**first day just touching any exercise equipmemt- finally over this nasty cold. Will see how my workout goes at the gym tommorrow.

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 08:56 AM   #1046
tinkerbell

I walked around the mall for a few hours. I'm trying to NOT work out much because of my foot - but its hard not to. I'm just itching to go out running today, but I know I shouldn't.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:54 PM   #1047
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

70 minute mall walk

Lypeaches, what kind of new sneakers did you get? Nike something or other. Was it those ones that have some ball action in the sole and are supposed to "give you a better butt" that I have seen advertised on TV ads?

I found myself a pair of Skechers today.....on sale for $45
I was in Sears and stopped to browse the sneakers out of curiosity. Started a light shoe convo with another woman on that aisle....she said she has two pairs of Skechers and they are the most comfortable shoes she has ever owned. Tried on a pair that for sports activities such as walking, hiking, running, etc. They were very comfortable in my walk up and down the aisle when I tried a pair on- didn't rub on the sides of my heel or anything either. Price was much better than I had planned on paying for new walking shoes so I pulled out my Sears card.
Time will tell if it was a good investment when I do one of my hour long walks.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"

Last edited by Green Eyed Fairy; 11-21-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:15 PM   #1048
Frankie
No longer a member

Frankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post
Have you considered some home equipment like a stability ball, free weights, or a weight bar? Those can all be used non-impact so you dont' have to worry about upsetting downstairs neighbors. I have a 15 pound weight bar that I used to do bicep and tricep curls and "rows" (standing while holding the bar in both hands and pulling it upwards) and i also have some free weights and a stability ball which is great for stretching my spine and also balance/core exercises. You can also use the ball for many variations on situps.
I had free weights, but my boyfriend ran off with them (gave me his iron in return and considered it an even exchange - and I never, ever iron.). I've been thinking about buying a new set. You know, that would make a good Christmas present for him to get me, ha. I would like to get some impressive biceps and do something about my non-existent triceps.

And now for some exercise confessions:

- First the bad news: I didn't go to the gym today. However, I did go to the German deli and buy at least $50 worth of various kinds of lebkuchen.

- A very hardcore personal trainer once called me tough - behind my back to another gym patron. He would have never said that to my face.

- My muscle strength is not so hot, but my flexibility is excellent.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:21 PM   #1049
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
- First the bad news: I didn't go to the gym today. However, I did go to the German deli and buy at least $50 worth of various kinds of lebkuchen.
Congratulations, Frankie!

Oh, I'm going out walking later, and it won't be hardcore or anything. I'll report back.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:30 PM   #1050
Frankie
No longer a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascinita View Post
Congratulations, Frankie!

Oh, I'm going out walking later, and it won't be hardcore or anything. I'll report back.
Thank you! It's just not Christmas until I buy up all the German specialities I can lay my hands on. And I'm a sucker for seasonal food.

ETA: More importantly, good for you for going for a walk. Have we seen you around the exercise thread before? If not, welcome aboard! *hands you a dark chocolate covered, jam filled German gingerbread*