Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 07-01-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default How do you like your burgers?

I'm a burger minimalist.

Just some cheese and mayo and maybe some bacon. The lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, etc., are better on the side.

Here's an article from yesterdays NY Times about burgers:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/01/di...?_r=1&emc=eta1

Shit. It's 8:45pm here and I'm hungry again.

- Jim
smithnwesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #2
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I may be even more minimalist than thou: recently I've been eating my veggie burgers with nothing but a little gorgonzola dolce on the patty. By the time I get it to the table, the cheese has melted to the consistency of mayonnaise, and -- man, is it good!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:35 PM   #3
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

We make a sort of Alfredo sauce with gorgonzola dolce, butter, and heavy cream.

We adjust the ingredients to make it pretty thick. Then we put it in a bowl and dip it up on French/Italian bread.

OMFG! Ecstasy!

Are you lurking, Becky?
Old 07-01-2009, 06:42 PM   #4
DeniseW
Fat don't crack!!

DeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I like them medium well with a thick slice of tomato, cheese, ketchup and a ton of pickles!!!
Old 07-01-2009, 06:44 PM   #5
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
I may be even more minimalist than thou: recently I've been eating my veggie burgers with nothing but a little gorgonzola dolce on the patty. By the time I get it to the table, the cheese has melted to the consistency of mayonnaise, and -- man, is it good!
I ain't to sure about them veggie burgers, but gorgonzola dolce rocks!
Old 07-01-2009, 07:08 PM   #6
BarbBBW
Yep, I am BACK!

BarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

love BBQ burgers, with lettuce, tomato, and onions and ketchup and pickles!!

From a friend : "its interesting. you seem to have a contentious love affair with sexual temptation...."
BarbBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:34 PM   #7
shinyapple
crunchy in milk

shinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post

We adjust the ingredients to make it pretty thick. Then we put it in a bowl and dip it up on French/Italian bread.

OMFG! Ecstasy!

Are you lurking, Becky?
I'm not Becky, but I think I love you now.
shinyapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:42 PM   #8
BarbBBW
Yep, I am BACK!

BarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBarbBBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyapple View Post
I'm not Becky, but I think I love you now.
I know he is very easy to falll in love with LOL

From a friend : "its interesting. you seem to have a contentious love affair with sexual temptation...."
Old 07-01-2009, 07:50 PM   #9
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I like the burgers to be RARE/Medium Rare [might not be everybodys cup of tea]

Toppings: Tomato Slice- Slice of Raw Onions - Some Ketchup "Hienz" (Yankee Burger) - and Half Sour Pickle (Cheese Optional)
tonynyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #10
BarbBBW
Yep, I am BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post

Toppings: Tomato Slice- Slice of Raw Onions - Some Ketchup "Hienz" (Yankee Burger) - and Half Sour Pickle (Cheese Optional)
mmmm tony!!
me and u can share a burger!!

Old 07-02-2009, 10:08 AM   #11
JeanC
Fat chick with a gun

JeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this board

Depends on my mood. Some days I want my burgers to just be topped with cheese and a bit of ketchup and other days I want the works.

Just looked up gorgonzola dolce, I GOTTA get me some!
JeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:15 AM   #12
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Medium rare with cheese (aged cheddar, Swiss or blue) and mushrooms!
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:16 AM   #13
bexy
is red again <3

bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!

Cheese, mushrooms, bacon and ketchup.

Nom Nom Nom!

With loves, and hates, and passions just like mine.
bexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:21 AM   #14
Chef
Galloping Gourmet

Chef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized repChef has super-sized rep

Yep, depends on mood:

Option A: onion, mustard, extra pickle
Option B: lettuce, tomato, ketchup, mustard, dill relish, american cheese
Option C: lettuce, tomato, bacon, blue cheese dressing
Option D: lettuce, tomato, jalopeno, yellow pepper, pickle, mustard, pepper jack
Option E: ham, mozzerella, marinara, fork
Option F: onion rings, ketchup mustard, extra pickle, american cheese
Option G: chili sauce, bread-n-butter pickle, romaine, tomato, provolone
Option H: onion, ketchup, mustard, american cheese, chili con carne (open face), fork
Option I: chili verde, fork
Option J: lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, ketchup, extra pickle
Option K: cheez whiz, ketchup, onion
Option L: brown gravy, fork

and of course..

Option McD: Twoallbeefpattiesspecialsaucelettucecheesepickleso nionsonasesameseedbun

Last edited by Chef; 07-02-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:46 AM   #15
BBWTexan
Speak No Evil

BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexy View Post
Cheese, mushrooms, bacon and ketchup.

Nom Nom Nom!
We're burger soulmates!!!
BBWTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:49 PM   #16
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post

OMFG! Ecstasy!

Are you lurking, Becky?
LOL -- Am I that predictable? Of course this sounds good. Bread, cheese, butter and cream...what could be better?

As for you burger question, I am varied. I like the typical condiments: Mayo, mustard, ketchup (not always togther though) but I also like thousand island on my burgers or BBQ sauce. Onions and pickles too. I would put almost anything on my burger...just depends on my mood.
ValentineBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #17
katorade

katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post

PSA:

Burgers really should not be eaten rare. Steak is alright because any dangerous microbes/bacteria are found on the outer most layer of the steak and are killed easily. In ground beef, they are dispersed throughout and might not be killed if the middle of your burger is not brought up to temperature.

With that said, I like mine on the thinner side, with ketchup, mayo, lettuce, onions, tomato, and a good creamy semi-soft cheese. I prefer the bun to be on the sweet side, like a potato roll, and toasted and buttered. Mmmm mm!
katorade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #18
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValentineBBW View Post
LOL -- Am I that predictable? Of course this sounds good. Bread, cheese, butter and cream...what could be better?

As for you burger question, I am varied. I like the typical condiments: Mayo, mustard, ketchup (not always togther though) but I also like thousand island on my burgers or BBQ sauce. Onions and pickles too. I would put almost anything on my burger...just depends on my mood.
Sorry, had to go there.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #19
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_A_Bunny View Post
Sorry, had to go there.
Are you trying to say I am EASY?
Old 07-02-2009, 01:44 PM   #20
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

well done patty, not too thick , preferably Angus beef
mayo, pickles, tomato, lettuce, extra onion with cheddar cheese on toasted sesame seed bun.
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:52 PM   #21
BarbBBW
Yep, I am BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef View Post
Yep, depends on mood:

Option A: onion, mustard, extra pickle
Option B: lettuce, tomato, ketchup, mustard, dill relish, american cheese
Option C: lettuce, tomato, bacon, blue cheese dressing
Option D: lettuce, tomato, jalopeno, yellow pepper, pickle, mustard, pepper jack
Option E: ham, mozzerella, marinara, fork
Option F: onion rings, ketchup mustard, extra pickle, american cheese
Option G: chili sauce, bread-n-butter pickle, romaine, tomato, provolone
Option H: onion, ketchup, mustard, american cheese, chili con carne (open face), fork
Option I: chili verde, fork
Option J: lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, ketchup, extra pickle
Option K: cheez whiz, ketchup, onion
Option L: brown gravy, fork

and of course..

Option McD: Twoallbeefpattiesspecialsaucelettucecheesepickleso nionsonasesameseedbun
wow, I am going to CHEF's house for dinner!! YUM

Old 07-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #22
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ground sirloin cooked medium, roasted chili pepper slices, monterey jack cheese, mayo, lots of lettuce, sliced raw onion ...

Oh, the bun. The bun has to be big and fresh ... toasted is good.

What's this gorg dolce everyone's drooling about?

Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:17 PM   #23
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risible View Post
Ground sirloin cooked medium, roasted chili pepper slices, monterey jack cheese, mayo, lots of lettuce, sliced raw onion ...

Oh, the bun. The bun has to be big and fresh ... toasted is good.

What's this gorg dolce everyone's drooling about?
Well I just knew I'd like it because I knew it was cheese, but I went to google to find out what it is.

"Dolce Gorgonzola is a younger, therefore milder, version of aged Gorgonzola. Dolce, by nature of its shorter aging time, is wetter and more ivory colored than Gorgonzola Naturale, which is drier and whiter and tends to have bluer streaks. It has a soft, spreadable texture and slightly salty aftertaste. Its texture makes it perfect for spreading on bread and crackers. It is also excellent in risotto and polenta, mixed into vinaigrette, melted on pizza or used as a dip. Gorgonzola shines when paired with berries, pears, peaches and plums."
Old 07-02-2009, 02:23 PM   #24
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

Well, I won't be turning that down, were someone to cook me up a big gorgonzola dolce burger! Geez - that sounds excellent!

Thanks, Becky!

Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:31 PM   #25
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I know this is going to sound weird - but I eat hamburgers absolutely plain - nothing on them at all. Occasionally I get a wild hair and have mushrooms or mayo, but I really just want them plain and on soft white bread...all squished together.