Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 12-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #51
I'm Not Zoidberg

I'm Not Zoidberg can now change their title

"People who are attracted to fat are influenced by the devil."

Yes, I've actually gotten that one from a hardcore fundie cousin of mine. The logic (?) apparently is that since fat is clearly bad, one could only be attracted to it if one's soul is already compromised. (There's probably more, but I've never been able to listen to the entire spiel.)

Oh well. Maybe I should change my handle to "I'm Not A Good Person."
I'm Not Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:21 PM   #52
~KawaiiFFA~
World Wide Web Warrior

~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Not Zoidberg View Post
How...how is that a thing...I just.....no, no one can be that stupid. /headdesks until I hemorrhage.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #53
bbwfairygirl

bbwfairygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbbwfairygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbbwfairygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:

Yes, I've actually gotten that one from a hardcore fundie cousin of mine. The logic (?) apparently is that since fat is clearly bad, one could only be attracted to it if one's soul is already compromised. (There's probably more, but I've never been able to listen to the entire spiel.)

Oh well. Maybe I should change my handle to "I'm Not A Good Person."
Wow. Just wow.

The other half of me that isn't completely dumbfounded is laughing hysterically at how totally preposterous that is, AND, that someone would believe that...
bbwfairygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #54
I'm Not Zoidberg

I'm Not Zoidberg can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~KawaiiFFA~
How...how is that a thing...I just.....no, no one can be that stupid. /headdesks until I hemorrhage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbwfairygirl
The other half of me that isn't completely dumbfounded is laughing hysterically at how totally preposterous that is, AND, that someone would believe that...
Y'all wanna hear the scariest part? He's actually less crazy than his wife is. And on top of that, they've got six children! Idiocracy, here we come, centuries ahead of schedule. (And people wonder why I'm so cynical. It ain't because I'm just trying to be cool, I can assure you...)
I'm Not Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #55
bbwfairygirl

bbwfairygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbbwfairygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbbwfairygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~KawaiiFFA~ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbwfairygirl View Post
Wow. Just wow.

Quote:
Y'all wanna hear the scariest part? He's actually less crazy than his wife is. And on top of that, they've got six children! Idiocracy, here we come, centuries ahead of schedule. (And people wonder why I'm so cynical. It ain't because I'm just trying to be cool, I can assure you...)
Nice...anti-intellectualism with a religious twist. That's always my favorite...

Honestly, all of it doesn't surprise me. The whole "many children to spread the word" is somewhat common where I live. Along with the nuttiness of the initiating spreaders.

Idiocracy: have to add this to the must check out more list...
bbwfairygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #56
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Bump! I've decided to keep the last few topics open, since we are still getting great commentary.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:35 PM   #57
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Mage View Post
All FAs are fans of professional wrestling.

I mean, really, how could anyone EVER get that idea?

*snickers*
buuumping.
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #58
Hamdinger

Hamdinger can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesHamdinger can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Am I the only one that read this and imagined a group of black-haired red-skinned SSBBWs with horns and tails rubbing baby oil on each other?

Because if my choices are sit in a lake of fire and watch that, or sit on a cloud with a bunch of churchy people, I pick the lake of fire.
Hamdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:15 PM   #59
bayone

bayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Found this on Tumblr today, and I think it's relevant here: We Need to Talk about the Way We Talk About Fetishes.
bayone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:47 AM   #60
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayone View Post
Found this on Tumblr today, and I think it's relevant here: We Need to Talk about the Way We Talk About Fetishes.
Great article and so true. My mother used to make the assumption that anybody who likes bigger people is an 'evil feeder' who wants to fatten them up against their will so that they are immobile/less attractive/dependant on them. Thankfully she has reconsidered this view point after noticing that haven't tied somebody down, force fed and emotionally abused them but the fact that those things are associated with each other for so many people is deeply troubling.
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 07:54 AM   #61
musicman
I hate fat-haters!

musicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayone View Post
Many years ago, I realized that most of the people who condemn you for having harmless sexual fantasies are simply too stupid and unimaginative to have any of their own.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:08 AM   #62
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This thread kind of meandered off course over time. I’d originally proposed this theory of threads to James, the moderator of this board at the time, as ways of discussing the myths and misconceptions held BY fat admirers. What most FA seemed to want to talk about instead was what they felt the myths and misconceptions ABOUT fat admirers are.

My intent with that original focus was that we could help educate ourselves, and others who arrive at these boards. The concept came to me after one of those board discussions which went something like:
- “FA are disgusting, I arrived at Dimensions and immediately started getting lewd private messages telling me how much sexier I’d be if I was fatter.”
- “No, that is not all FA! Most of us are very respectful, but a some just don’t get it. Don’t judge us all by the actions of a few.”
- “Well, if you don’t want the few to be the ones to get all the attention, what have you done to try to get them to behave better?”

I was never under any illusions that we could lead all men on these boards to behave with a bit more reserve and decorum, nor that everyone would even agree that this was desirable. But it did seem like maybe we could make an effort to make it easy to get more educated on some of these subjects for those who desired such an education. Certainly part of this was also inspired by looking back and cringing at a lot of the things I believed in my teens to early twenties….in some case up until I found the online size acceptance community and started interacting with other FA and with fat people who had dealt with FAs.

I’m somewhat more cynical these days about trying to shape social norms and about trying to save people from themselves, so I suspect that this thread concept was an exercise in futility, albeit a well-intentioned one that at the least had some potential for leading to good discussions, I think.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:13 PM   #63
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

We can definitely bring back the threads or add new conversations if you all would like to.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:22 AM   #64
missourifat

missourifat has said some nice things

My newspaper had the Washington Post article about paleo diets and Venus of Willendorf and similar statuettes.
One thing I didn't seem to read, was that the women were fat, because their husband was a good hunter, and brought enough food home that she was well fed. The statuettes could have been for some women to pray that they found a hunter, who was just as good.
Later in time, you read that some women became plump, because their husband was successful and was able to provide plenty of food.
missourifat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 01:11 PM   #65
Colonial Warrior

Colonial Warrior has said some nice things

As a FA, I have my top five misconceptions:

1. "Most of the FAs are golddiggers," (Specially if you fell in love of a older SSBBW).
2. "FAs just want to brag about their manhood."
3. "FAs just see a SSBBW with the eyes of the soul."
4. "FAs just only wants to have sex."
5. "FAs see SSBBWs as The Big Easy."

In my case, nothing of this are not true:

1. I didn't want to be married to an SSBBW for her money or wealth.
2. I didn't want to make any kind of bragging.
3. I was physical attracted to SSBBWs (tall, busty, big arms, pear shaped, big legs and big and wide feet).
4. I wish to have sex, but sex is no the basis for a life term relationship.
5. I didn't want to be with someone of low esteem to consider herself as the Big Easy.

Colonial Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote