Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 07-16-2015, 05:48 AM   #1676
youngnintogaining

youngnintogaining has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrestel View Post
248 lbs. The last time I've been this small was over ten years ago. Feels odd.
Gotta ask. We have both been around since the FatNat board a billionty years ago. Why the weight loss?
youngnintogaining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:18 AM   #1677
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnintogaining View Post
Gotta ask. We have both been around since the FatNat board a billionty years ago. Why the weight loss?
Like you said, it was a billionty years ago, so I'm going to guess...entropy.
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 09:44 PM   #1678
Lear

Lear has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Molly View Post
Aha! I found more data.

I weighed 160lbs in March 2014.

This makes the data a little more impressive.

That's 17 lbs in 16 months. A little over 1lb/mo! Dang! I think I've plateaued since my March 2014 to August 2014 growth spurt, where I went from 160 to 173. A nice hefty 10lb gain, largely last July, I think. Almost entirely due to consumption of ice cream, I expect. :3

I'll go ahead and call it 12lbs/year for ease.

Adjusted projections:

In 10 years if I keep this up, given my yearly rate, I'll give 120 lbs heavier, or a portly 297, obese class III with a BMI of 58. Oh lordy.

In 5 years if I keep this up, given my yearly rate, I'll weigh appx 60 lbs heavier, or a portly 237, obese class III with a BMI of 46.3.

At my current rate of 12lbs/year, I will get to class 3 obesity in 2.5 years or so. All I need to get there is another 30 lbs and I'll be the scourge of doctors everywhere!

Holy crap, I wonder if I'll ever get there

For the record, I expect my weight will increase far more slowly than anticipated above - I'd say my initial stats are more reliable for use as a projection tool.
I always love seeing projections like this, mostly because the data can be so easily skewed.

If we go back a year I've gained about 15 pounds. Bringing me up to 385 (I've been a bit higher but 385 was today) which already has me in class 3 with a bmi of 53.7 so i'm going to drop the class info from how you formatted your estimates.

In 10 years if I keep this up, given my yearly rate, I'll be 150 lbs heavier, or a hefty 535, with a BMI of 74.6. lol, that's pretty huge.
In 5 years if I keep this up, given my yearly rate, I'll be 75 lbs heavier, or a portly 460, with a BMI of 64.

However if you scroll back another 8 months i was a light 312 pounds. which would say i averaged 3.6pounds a month or 43.8 per year which makes for some very different estimates.

In 10 years if I keep this up, given my yearly rate, I'll be 438 lbs heavier, or a hefty 823, with a BMI of 114.8.
In 5 years if I keep this up, given my yearly rate, I'll be 219 lbs heavier, or a portly 604, with a BMI of 84.2.

Lol its amazing what a little gaining competition did for my projections.
Lear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:44 AM   #1679
khrestel

khrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnintogaining View Post
Diabetes I got type II diagnosis in January and my doctor started pushing WLS on me quite strongly. I couldn't agree with her so I felt like I wasn't given much of a choice but to start a crazy diet. I'm 240 lbs at the moment and feel like a tired wrinkly shadow of myself most of the time. Emotionally and skinwise that is, of course my physical fitness is better in many ways. They want me to loose 90 more. I'm not sure that's realistic at all.
khrestel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 05:42 AM   #1680
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Khrestel, obviously I'm not a doctor at all, and certainly not your doctor, but I'd think that after such a dramatic change, at the least it might make sense to hold in place for a while and see how you are doing?

The reasons I’m thinking are that:

1) Apparently our fat is where our body stores toxins that we absorb as part of life, so when losing weight we do subject ourselves to higher levels of various substances that are rough on us, and I’d think giving your body a chance to recover from that could be good.
2) It sounds like your levels have hit a pretty good point. Perhaps it is time to hold steady for a while, while making sure to eat well and stay active, and see how everything looks?
3) Of course doctors would like to see you hit ‘ideal weight,’ but when you were as large as you had been, I’d agree with you in wondering if you could get there and keep your weight there in a mentally and physically healthy way? Or to put it another way, it sounds like your doctors goal is for you to lose as much as possible, but you have to decide if you want that, or simply as much as is necessary for your body to be healthier?
4) Mental health matters too. At the very least your mind may need some time to get used to your new body, before you are ready to make a fully balanced decision on what to do next.
5) Many people find it harder to keep weight off than to lose it in the first place, especially if extreme measures are taken to lose it. At some point you need to find what an acceptable lifestyle is for you, physically and mentally, that you can live with for decades.

At 240 pounds you are still quite fat, it may be that you have to lose more for your health, but then again I think you have lost more than a third of your body weight, maybe that will be enough? It just seems to me that maybe it is time to see how your body is doing in a steady state sort of way.

Of course, I’m sure your doctors wouldn’t agree with my thoughts, and they are the doctors….

===========================================

Back on topic, down a few pounds to 226. Not sure if I've actually been eating less, or it is just the Summer heat that has dried me up by a few pounds?
Old 07-28-2015, 06:10 AM   #1681
khrestel

khrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going on

Tad, I've been thinking about that. At the moment I'm torn in two with my thoughts. Like you said, I've lost almost 35% of my body weight since christmas and my blood sugars are quite normal and stable now with the current diet and quite minimum medication so that might allow me a break. On the other hand, I still remember the hunger and devastation earlier this year. If I need to loose another 90 lbs or even a part of that it feels quite stupid to stop going now when it's going relatively easily just to stabilize and then start kinda again from the beginning later.

Of course I know there's going to be a new, longer struggle whenever I decide to start balancing.

The overall amount, 152 lbs from my biggest last summer, is so much that skin isn't going to retreat anyways. If I ever want to look my own age again I am going to need a skin removal surgery and the upper limit for them to even consider me as a candidate would be 190 lbs.

Every other day I'm ready to dive into a bag of crisps just to fill my skin and feel pretty again. But I don't want to dissappoint my friends and family. Everyone around me is believing I've finally gotten some sense into my head and they're all so supportive.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:03 PM   #1682
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Just remember that you have to do it for you. Not for friends, or family or doctors or anyone else. I know it sucks to think you will disappoint anyone, but it is better to disappoint someone else than to disappoint yourself. You have done a great job so far!

That being said, I believe what the doctors want is for you to get 40lbs below where they think you will want to be (plateau). This will ensure that the skin removal surgery will remain ok. They want a person to get to their lowest because they don't want to do a skin removal surgery and then the patient loses more weight and they have to go back and do a second skin removal surgery. The more surgeries you have the more risk of infection setting in.
lucca23v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 02:33 PM   #1683
khrestel

In that case.. argh. But they say one needs to be stable at least a year before they even start planning a surgery. That and what you said about 40 lbs don't kinda meet.

One step at a time. I don't think I'll ever get small enough to qualify anyways. And this conversation maybe starts to be a tad off-topic.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:51 PM   #1684
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrestel View Post

One step at a time. I don't think I'll ever get small enough to qualify anyways. And this conversation maybe starts to be a tad off-topic.
Yes, I do tend to get off topic
Old 07-30-2015, 02:09 AM   #1685
knowfear

knowfear has said some nice things

I am 322 lbs today and my belly is so awesome right now
knowfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 04:33 AM   #1686
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Last I checked, 354.
lucca23v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 10:27 AM   #1687
Sweetnlow

Sweetnlow has super-sized repSweetnlow has super-sized repSweetnlow has super-sized repSweetnlow has super-sized repSweetnlow has super-sized rep

I've gained a lot of weight since i registred on this site. I now weigh 372 pounds and I am 5"8 tall. I want to lose a little so I can walk longer distances and tie my shoelaces! I don't have a problem with the way I look I just want to become more mobile.
Sweetnlow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 04:03 PM   #1688
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Get in on these stocks now, they are going up. Buy low, sell high!
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 02:29 PM   #1689
supersizebbw
Who run the world..Girls!

supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

305 .
Old 08-05-2015, 08:24 PM   #1690
wannabeobese

wannabeobese has said some nice things

115lbs but I want to be like 300 lbs though
wannabeobese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:08 PM   #1691
Blackspots

Blackspots has said some nice things

Still at 176, I want to try and gain at least 25 pounds by the end of the year, and keep gaining at least 1 pound a week next year.
Blackspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 06:32 PM   #1692
Leishycat
Tired of your shit

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm at around 275 currently. Trying to keep my weight down until after my surgery.

Also omg, more people from FatNat's! *waves*
Old 08-15-2015, 05:48 PM   #1693
Van

Van can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesVan can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I weigh 220. I want to gain 30 pounds the end of the year.
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 10:32 AM   #1694
SSBHM

SSBHM can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSSBHM can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Alicia, hope you recover and get to indulge soon

Saw your post and wanted to send you well wishes!
SSBHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 10:33 AM   #1695
SSBHM

SSBHM can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSSBHM can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default up just a little

Just not feeling as motivated to stuff as I had. I need some encouragement or something to inspire me. 341 today... have I lost weight?
SSBHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 11:36 AM   #1696
Van

Van can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesVan can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBHM View Post
Just not feeling as motivated to stuff as I had. I need some encouragement or something to inspire me. 341 today... have I lost weight?
Well just to let you know that you have inspired me.
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 05:41 AM   #1697
Leishycat
Tired of your shit

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBHM View Post
Saw your post and wanted to send you well wishes!
Aw, thanks I haven't had said surgery yet, but should be in the next couple months.

Also I discovered I've lost about fifteen pounds in the past month or so. While this is great news for surgery, it still makes me a sad kitty. :x
Old 08-18-2015, 03:55 AM   #1698
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Right now it is 375 pounds.
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:15 AM   #1699
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

351 last I checked a few days ago.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:39 PM   #1700
biggirlluvher

biggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'm now 236lbs from my heighest of 250lbs after post-breakup stress since mid-June 2015.
biggirlluvher is offline   Reply With Quote