Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Archives > Event Discussion (Archive Only)

Old 05-21-2012, 06:40 AM   #26
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivio View Post
I've heard that if you enter Canada with an ABA JD you still have to do another year at one of their schools and an externships in Canada before you can be licensed. Is this true?
I have no idea of what an ABA JD is, so I couldn't really say. But it is true that the licensed professions here tend to be really horrible about accepting foreign credentials. It often doesn't matter where you come from, you'll have to do some training and practice time here to get re-licensed It is a real problem, because we recruit highly skilled immigrants, but then don't let them work in their field; how stupid is that?
Old 07-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #27
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Happy Canada Day to all the Dimmers that live in our beautiful country!

Old 07-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #28
Wheels and the Legman

Wheels and the Legman has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
Happy Canada Day to all the Dimmers that live in our beautiful country!

Happy Canada Day to you too! I'm going to see the fireworks tonight!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #29
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels and the Legman View Post
Happy Canada Day to you too! I'm going to see the fireworks tonight!
I would love to go down and see the fireworks here, but it's a gone show traffic and people wise.

Have a good time and and enjoy a bit for me too!
Old 07-02-2012, 02:25 AM   #30
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Happy Canada Day to my darling Timothy, and all of my friends in Canada.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:48 AM   #31
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Bump

I am so Canadian, I sweat maple syrup and my car runs on french fry gravy. I'm sorry...

Happy Canada Day!
Old 06-29-2015, 07:07 PM   #32
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Bump

In honour of Canada Day 2015 I'd like to point out that Dims, in its current state, is becoming dominated by Canadian members.

Discuss.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:16 PM   #33
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Is it really? I had noticed a trend but hadn't realized it had gotten to that point.

Maybe that's why people here say its boring. Too many of us stodgy Canadians around bumming them out.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:34 PM   #34
MattB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
Is it really? I had noticed a trend but hadn't realized it had gotten to that point.

Maybe that's why people here say its boring. Too many of us stodgy Canadians around bumming them out.
You kiddin'? Everyone LOVES Canadians!

Discuss...
Old 06-29-2015, 08:20 PM   #35
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Pssh. Everyone. 'Cept this guy - we need to get our own identity, apparently.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...ticle25113187/

I also just had to listen to a 30 minute monologue about the fact that we didn't separate from Britain so much as they released us because they couldn't afford us. BORED! lol

All I know is that I am going out to buy a pre-emptive icecap tomorrow and freezing it, so that I can enjoy one on Canada Day if the Tims are closed.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:40 AM   #36
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Happy Canada Day Y'all! (Hope you don't mind an intruder in your thread--looks like you can't get away from us pesky denizens of the US, even here.)

There are quite a few of you here but that seems like a good thing to me. In my field of expertise I used to work with people all over the globe, and now practically everyone I talk to offline was born in a little corner of East Texas. Those of us here in Texas or other parts of the US probably need to look around once in a while and realize there's a big world out there. (Although when I was in 5th grade, we did have to make a cardboard relief map of Canada with markers and glue and write a letter to some Canadian non-profit organizations. Mine might have been to the Canadian Wildlife Federation? I'm not sure because it's been a while.)

Also, I don't know if the Canadian members here are typical of the rest of your citizens, but you seem more open-minded than some in the US. I love that about you!

And it doesn't hurt that the Canadians on this board are smart, wicked-funny, and gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
You kiddin'? Everyone LOVES Canadians!

Discuss...
Well, obviously I do; and from what I've read, Hozay may just be a fan, too.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:21 AM   #37
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I made it back into the country at 8:15 pm on Canada Day, and spent the night at a truck stop.

It's always good to be back.

(getting home would have been better yet, but my logs didn't allow me the 2-hr drive)
Old 07-01-2016, 07:24 PM   #38
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Happy Canada Day!

(from a truck stop in Calgary)
Old 07-01-2016, 07:47 PM   #39
~nai'a~

~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed

Happy Canada Day yourself at the truck stop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
Happy Canada Day!

(from a truck stop in Calgary)