Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 09-13-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
stevenbbwlvr

stevenbbwlvr does more than just post hot picsstevenbbwlvr does more than just post hot picsstevenbbwlvr does more than just post hot pics
Default Nyc???

OK, no one is up to come to the Bronx...how about a BBQ in Riverside Park, or Queens?

C'mon...don't be bashful. Best season of the year coming up. I'm going to have a good time but it'd be lots more fun with company.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
lovely_plumper

lovely_plumper has said some nice things

hmm I am from Brooklyn and for me traveling that far alone would scare me a bit I mean to the bronx/queens scares me a bit to meet people I never met before XD
Old 09-13-2011, 09:55 PM   #3
awsomerich

awsomerich has said some nice things

I'm in Manhattan, and I think there needs to be an NYC get together.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:52 PM   #4
stevenbbwlvr

stevenbbwlvr does more than just post hot picsstevenbbwlvr does more than just post hot picsstevenbbwlvr does more than just post hot pics
Default How about Canarsie Pier?

There are BBQ grills. There's a nice (if a little trashy) beach where one could BBQ something...possibly enjoy a discreet adult beverage. The more adventurous might even bathe. Might include me, after a few cocktails, heh, heh.

It's a short bus ride from the end of the 'L' Line.

There are also the Rockaways.

But, lets do something, NYC folks!! Nothing wrong with NJ, but I'm not fixed to invest 100 + bucks in going out there; or taking some 3 hour bus ride back n forth for an evening, huh?

Last edited by stevenbbwlvr; 09-14-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:17 PM   #5
Fallenangel2904
Fat Fashionista

Fallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging in

There are alot of people in NYC but I honestly think you would get more people interested and a better reception if you did a meet up in the city as apose to the outer boroughs. Manhattan is just a more central meeting place for everyone, hell even they Jersey folks can hop on a train and get to the city.

A dinner get together at a restaurant or something would be nice. Maybe something cheap with big portions like Dallas BBQ or something Also a nice public setting so people don't feel too weird about going to a meetup with perfect strangers who very well could be serial killers (not to say you are a OP) lol but you get what I mean.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:59 PM   #6
starr416

starr416 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesstarr416 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Let's get this thing planned. Sign me up for the NYC meetup if its in Manhattan.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:09 AM   #7
reese0087

reese0087 has said some nice things

Well I'm in Jersey City Manhattan is about 10 mins away. I would love to go if there is a meet and greet and manhattan.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:04 AM   #8
phoenix92901

phoenix92901 can now change their title

I agree that Manhattan would be preferable and acessible. Something close to public transportation like Dallas BBQ in Times Square. For those for whom Penn Station is more convenient, there's also a diner on 34th Street, off of 9th Avenue, that serves decent food and big portions at good prices. They're used to groups hanging out a while since a lot of Meetup groups go there.

Make it happen! I am all for meeting new people!

Never make someone a priority when you are only their option
Old 09-15-2011, 08:39 AM   #9
Heyyou
On Timeout

Location: Get a map, connect the dots, draw a horsie, throw a dart. 82% chance i been there or live there now.
Heyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by starr416 View Post
Let's get this thing planned. Sign me up for the NYC meetup if its in Manhattan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reese0087 View Post
Well I'm in Jersey City Manhattan is about 10 mins away. I would love to go if there is a meet and greet and manhattan.
Dangit! I missed yall by a week.

(Bayonne and Jersey City share the light rail. get on it, ride 10-15 minutes through wonderful waterfront area to PATH train , and then choose from WTC, Christopher St, 9th St, 14th St, 23rd St, and 33rd St (MSG) - that last line runs under the "C" NYC subway, i believe.

Or, Manhattan people do the same, get on PATH to Hoboken OR Exchange place (either or) OR Pavonia/Newport, and meet up at the mall, right next to, or in, Hoboken/Jersey City!

Have fun, yall.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:50 AM   #10
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

*subscribes*

I might go to this.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
Old 09-15-2011, 03:50 PM   #11
stevenbbwlvr

Default I just happen to like the outdoors

And, I'm CHEAP. Even Dallas BBQ is gonna run everyone 20 - 25 bucks a head. We could do something outside for half that; and eat/drink better.

Proposed sites:

Riverside Park, near 96th - easy shot from Penn via the #1 #2 #3 trains. Liable to be Pack City on a weekend.

Riverbank State Park - it's near the #1 145th street stop. Take a bit longer from Penn, but it's a nice place...maybe a bit crowded on the weekends.

Van Cortlandt Park - The last stop on the #1. And, a bit of a walk to a good picnic place. But we could have a real righteous nature experience up there...I've seen deer in the woods up there. That would be my choice.

I'm open to suggestions. Lets do this!!! Shoot for...two weekends from now?

I'd bring my signature marinated London Broil.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:07 PM   #12
Fallenangel2904
Fat Fashionista

Fallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging in

There are several problems with doing a meet up at a park. First of all I have seen a meet up on another board recently that was suppose to take place in Central Park basically fall apart because the park was too large and people couldn't find each other....I think it's a good idea in theory but hard to pull off.

I don't speak for everyone but I am definitely not an out-doorsey person. I would much rather do something indoors. Also there is a lot of walking involved with doing an outing like this for fat people, especially in a city like NY. I'm not saying there aren't a lot of fatties who are in shape, but for some of us a train ride, hike through a park etc is hassle. If it involves taking a train to an unfamiliar place, walking through a park....not really that appealing to me (Especially since I had a knee injury earlier this year and walking too much isn't doable for me). Its much easier for me to hop on the express bus to midtown, be there in 40 minutes and volia! Plus it's familiar territory for most people. Midtown is easily accessible by pretty much everyone no matter where you are coming from in the tri state area.

I'm not trying to step on toes I'm just saying I think that is the problem here and why no one has been receptive to the idea of an outing in these places. It's easy for the Jersey folks to get to more remote places when they have meeting out in Jersey because most of them are going by car. For us NYC folks its just makes way more sense to do something like this in my opinion...And I know not everyone may have the money, which is understandable but 20 bucks for dinner is pretty much the cheapest around. Dallass BBQ also has early bird specials (If maybe people would be interested in a lunch meet up on a Saturday or Sunday) and they are basically 2 meals for 10 bucks! I seriously don't know HOW you can top that price!

I think there are a lot of folks in NYC who would be interested in a meet up in the city (as apparent by the replies on this thread).
Old 09-15-2011, 06:54 PM   #13
lovely_plumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenangel2904 View Post
There are alot of people in NYC but I honestly think you would get more people interested and a better reception if you did a meet up in the city as apose to the outer boroughs. Manhattan is just a more central meeting place for everyone, hell even they Jersey folks can hop on a train and get to the city.

A dinner get together at a restaurant or something would be nice. Maybe something cheap with big portions like Dallas BBQ or something Also a nice public setting so people don't feel too weird about going to a meetup with perfect strangers who very well could be serial killers (not to say you are a OP) lol but you get what I mean.
Oh Fallenangel you say the things I was thinking but couldn't word properly ^_^ thank you!!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #14
starr416

starr416 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesstarr416 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Also about doing it outside, the weather is getting unpredictable. One day its 80 and the next its 60 and windy.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:41 AM   #15
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Unless you're homeless or plan on beating and raping somebody at knifepoint, why would anyone want to meet in a park in October? It's too cold. Lets go to Dallas BBQ. I haven't been there in years. It's pricey but if you get your money's worth, why not? Bring your chump change and we'll do it lazy susan style, no double dipping, buy your own drinks. It'll be fun.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

@~;~~
Old 09-16-2011, 05:39 PM   #16
stevenbbwlvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenangel2904 View Post
I don't speak for everyone but I am definitely not an out-doorsey person. I would much rather do something indoors. Also there is a lot of walking involved with doing an outing like this for fat people, especially in a city like NY. I'm not saying there aren't a lot of fatties who are in shape, but for some of us a train ride, hike through a park etc is hassle. If it involves taking a train to an unfamiliar place, walking through a park....not really that appealing to me (Especially since I had a knee injury earlier this year and walking too much isn't doable for me). Its much easier for me to hop on the express bus to midtown, be there in 40 minutes and volia! Plus it's familiar territory for most people. Midtown is easily accessible by pretty much everyone no matter where you are coming from in the tri state area.
OK, OK. I hear what you're saying. My ex GF has chronic knee problems and can't walk very far. I is just that I have been going to NYC parks for 30 + years and I would love to share some of my "special spots" with you all. There is one in particular in Van Cortlandt Park - it's about a 1.5 mile walk (level ground) to a stream that is not on any map.

Perhaps, another time.

So, Dallas BBQ it is. Lets shoot for next weekend, perhaps in the afternoon on Sunday. (I generally spend Sat sleeping, doing laundry, etc) Shoot for 1 PM?

BTW, my real name is David. I look foward to meeting you all!

NB: Insofar as going to the park in October...ha, ha, ha! I'll go out in January and BBQ in the driving damn snow!! You build a nice big fire and, screw you Winter! Beats staying home till April n watching HBO, if you ask me.

Cheers!
Old 09-20-2011, 05:09 AM   #17
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenbbwlvr View Post
OK, OK. I hear what you're saying. My ex GF has chronic knee problems and can't walk very far. I is just that I have been going to NYC parks for 30 + years and I would love to share some of my "special spots" with you all. There is one in particular in Van Cortlandt Park - it's about a 1.5 mile walk (level ground) to a stream that is not on any map.

Perhaps, another time.

So, Dallas BBQ it is. Lets shoot for next weekend, perhaps in the afternoon on Sunday. (I generally spend Sat sleeping, doing laundry, etc) Shoot for 1 PM?

BTW, my real name is David. I look foward to meeting you all!

NB: Insofar as going to the park in October...ha, ha, ha! I'll go out in January and BBQ in the driving damn snow!! You build a nice big fire and, screw you Winter! Beats staying home till April n watching HBO, if you ask me.

Cheers!
Yeah, looks like next weekend is too soon for everybody. I don't want this thead to die a quiet death though. Any other suggestions? How about the weekend after? I know some of us will be at the Jersey Bash but it's not too far away. A lunch diversion in NYC might work well. Or the weekend after? Bueller?

@~;~~
Old 09-20-2011, 05:53 PM   #18
stevenbbwlvr

Default The Weekend After

Sunday, October 2? (no calendar in front of me) 1 PM, somewhere in manhattan, nr Penn?

I'm so there.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:05 PM   #19
lovely_plumper

for people going to the bash October 1st and possibly the farewell lunch on the second I don't think it would be easy to get to another meeting at 1pm on that day
Old 09-20-2011, 06:09 PM   #20
lovely_plumper

oh and not to be annoying but a suggestion for a place I have actually done a few (like 3 XD) meet ups at before through another forum

Westway Diner

614 9TH AVENUE (9th Ave. between 43rd St. & 44th St. )
(212) 582-7661

It's near 42nd street so very close to a lot in Manhattan transportation wise. It is small-ish but it has a full bar, lots of variety and cheap diner foods. Biggest group I had there though was probably only 6 or so.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:22 PM   #21
stevenbbwlvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely_plumper View Post
oh and not to be annoying but a suggestion for a place I have actually done a few (like 3 XD) meet ups at before through another forum

Westway Diner

614 9TH AVENUE (9th Ave. between 43rd St. & 44th St. )
(212) 582-7661

It's near 42nd street so very close to a lot in Manhattan transportation wise. It is small-ish but it has a full bar, lots of variety and cheap diner foods. Biggest group I had there though was probably only 6 or so.

That is not annoying at all. Sounds like a great practical suggestion.

If this is stepping on the date for the NJ bash, lets make it the weekend after; as much as I would like to go to the NJ thing, I'm just not in a position to spend 200+ bucks.

Still haven't given up hope trying to entice some of you to an outdoor thing...c'mon, be just a little adventurous...we could meet this weekend up at the picnic ground at Van Cortlandt...I'll bring my BBQ grill...we could go back to what I call the "bee loud glade" (Yeats; come, and you'll see what I mean) it's due E of the 242nd st #1 stop + a bit N.

This is still a very well travelled place and a) not too far to walk and b) not so remote that you need fear that I'm Ted Bundy II.

C'mon!!! What, are you big chicks CHICKEN?

I'll start marinating the signature London Broil tomorrow. Rather feed it to you all than take it home as leftovers, but, que sera, as they say.

Last edited by stevenbbwlvr; 09-21-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:22 AM   #22
SweetSangria
she's been gone

SweetSangria can now change their title

I'm also in NYC and would love to join you guys for a dinner in the city. I live in Manhattan so any place is convenient for me.

(That is, if guys are still planning the dinner... I just noticed the last post is about 10 days old)

Last edited by SweetSangria; 09-29-2011 at 08:35 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #23
mercedesmazda

mercedesmazda has said some nice things

I am also in NYC. Would be great to get together!
Old 10-04-2011, 03:25 PM   #24
stevenbbwlvr

Default Well, I went!

Sunday was a MAGNIFICENT day! I went up to Pelham Bay Park, bearing some par-cooked baked taters, foil wrapped corn, n some hot links. Did the little 0.5 mile hike up to my tower (described in earlier posts) dragged up some wood from the hickory grove just to the south, and made myself a nice fire.

Brought a book. Didn't leave till 8 PM, till the sun set over the Hutchinson River/Co-Op city.

Had a great time. It would have been more fun with company.

Oh, c'mon, you people! I'm not proposing a damn expedition to the South Pole. It's a nice easy ride to the end of the #6 line, a 10 minute ride on the Bx 29, then a little teeny 0.5 mile walk to the tower. We bring lots of food n beer n booze and we could hang up there like the Lords of Creation gettin' stuffed and hammered.

How about Oct 16? Is that a Sunday? By then it might be chilly enough that we'll all appreciate the fire. There is no shortage of wood.

Last edited by stevenbbwlvr; 10-04-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:56 PM   #25
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenbbwlvr View Post
Sunday was a MAGNIFICENT day! I went up to Pelham Bay Park, bearing some par-cooked baked taters, foil wrapped corn, n some hot links. Did the little 0.5 mile hike up to my tower (described in earlier posts) dragged up some wood from the hickory grove just to the south, and made myself a nice fire.

Brought a book. Didn't leave till 8 PM, till the sun set over the Hutchinson River/Co-Op city.

Had a great time. It would have been more fun with company.

Oh, c'mon, you people! I'm not proposing a damn expedition to the South Pole. It's a nice easy ride to the end of the #6 line, a 10 minute ride on the Bx 29, then a little teeny 0.5 mile walk to the tower. We bring lots of food n beer n booze and we could hang up there like the Lords of Creation gettin' stuffed and hammered.

How about Oct 16? Is that a Sunday? By then it might be chilly enough that we'll all appreciate the fire. There is no shortage of wood.
LOL! Ok, ok.... Steven I'm game. I have a gig that weekend though so I can't make it.

@~;~~