Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Events & Community > East

Old 10-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #26
stevenbbwlvr

stevenbbwlvr does more than just post hot picsstevenbbwlvr does more than just post hot picsstevenbbwlvr does more than just post hot pics
Default Revised date

OK, how about Oct 23?

What I'll bring: some bread; 4 shell steaks; homemade garlic butter.

The bread gets toasted w/ the garlic butter on it; then, one grills the steaks. Each gets split, lengthwise. Yield: 4 yummy steak sandwiches.

The idea is to be minimalist with the utensils and other crap that have to be lugged out there. Also, not to have so much food that lots of left overs need to be lugged back.

Other suggestions:

Macaroni or potato salad.

Par cooked potatoes to be roasted, prewrapped in foil. (this person needs to bring butter, too; 1/4 stick per tater) Par cook the taters by nuking them for 5 minutes. Then, wrap em in the foil. If this person feels like bringing sour cream too, right on!

Caesar salad "kit", that comes w/ dressing n croutons.

Pickles and olives.

Whatever other meat you like...bratwurst...pork chops...burgers...whatever. If you're bringing sausages (Kraut soul food!) don't forget the mustard. Don't forget catsup if you're bringing burgers.

Everybody bring whatever booze they wanna drink. I'll have a pint of rum and a couple of Bud tall boys.

Oh, and someone bring salt and pepper.

Looking to have 6 - 8 people.

Lets do it! before winter settles in. THEN we can all go to Dallas BBQ.
stevenbbwlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #27
Zephirym

Zephirym has said some nice things

I might be able to go, if all goes well during the week, and if there's still space.
Zephirym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:15 PM   #28
stevenbbwlvr

stevenbbwlvr does more than just post hot picsstevenbbwlvr does more than just post hot picsstevenbbwlvr does more than just post hot pics
Default I'm not taking reservations

If more than 8 people show up, we can just adjust the location; there is a picnic area right across the highway from the #6 stop; there is also a picnic area about 30 feet from the Bx #29 stop on the traffic circle. We could go to either of those. We'd miss out on the 'to die for' view from the tower, but...whatever. Everyone is welcome.

The only reason for the number of people restriction is that it's not exactly legal to BBQ up in that tower and if we had a horde of people up there we would likely attract the attention of the po-lice.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:33 PM   #29
NJDoll

NJDoll can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNJDoll can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNJDoll can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'm in NJ, clearly from my name, but I would love to come!
Old 10-12-2011, 07:49 AM   #30
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Seems a lot of people have rolled off the wagon on hanging out. As for me, Sundays are tough. I'm kind of tethered to the city on Sundays as I have to catch a ride for home late afternoon.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:40 PM   #31
themuse

themuse has said some nice things

I'm thinking that an outdoorsy picnic is out of the question at this point, seeing as how we're about to get hit with an effin SNOWSTORM!! *grumble grumble* But I seem to remember someone talking about hitting a museum on a Friday night or something. I could be open for that. I don't normally hang at museums, but I'd be open to it if we could agree on which one to visit.
themuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #32
Heyyou
On Timeout

Location: Get a map, connect the dots, draw a horsie, throw a dart. 82% chance i been there or live there now.
Heyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDoll View Post
I'm in NJ, clearly from my name, but I would love to come!
Me too!

Hmmm. If anyone is talking about NYC, i live in the part of NJ where NYC is in my backyard So if we are still talking about a "DIMS get-together" at some public lace in Manhattan, i will go ahead and say that i am very interested.

The snow caught us all off guard, but hopefully there will be less flaming bags of dog poo on our porches now!
Heyyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:41 PM   #33
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuse View Post
I'm thinking that an outdoorsy picnic is out of the question at this point, seeing as how we're about to get hit with an effin SNOWSTORM!! *grumble grumble* But I seem to remember someone talking about hitting a museum on a Friday night or something. I could be open for that. I don't normally hang at museums, but I'd be open to it if we could agree on which one to visit.
You're right man, it's just too cold. Today I wanted to kill myself. I just don't have the tolerance for it like when I was still a young whipper snapper. I'm elderly, I need to be indoors.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

@~;~~
Old 11-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #34
NJDoll

NJDoll can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNJDoll can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNJDoll can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I ended up not attending this meet up due to the weather plus work! Did everyone show up? If not, shall we try this again?
Old 11-04-2011, 01:58 AM   #35
Heyyou
On Timeout

Location: Get a map, connect the dots, draw a horsie, throw a dart. 82% chance i been there or live there now.
Heyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
I ended up not attending this meet up due to the weather plus work! Did everyone show up? If not, shall we try this again?
I hope we do! Places in NYC are somewhere i can actually -GET- to! I buty all my shoes and footware in Century 21 in Lower Manhattan, then take them back home..

I hope we do something in NYC soon. I just cant make other places or do other thing at this time!

Id love to see some of the NYC people. Its time i DO get a SOCIAL life! I know i want one.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:03 PM   #36
NJDoll

I agree "heyyou" NYC is easy and fun to get to. I wish it was summer, we could do a picnic but since the weather is getting super cold, how about a restaurant! Anyone interested?
Old 11-06-2011, 12:19 PM   #37
Heyyou
On Timeout

Quote:
I agree "heyyou" NYC is easy and fun to get to. I wish it was summer, we could do a picnic but since the weather is getting super cold, how about a restaurant! Anyone interested?
Yes! I loooove restaurants, i do believe myself to be a "foodee" or at least increasingly so! Restaurants are nice public environments where you can get together, and have fun and feel comfortable! Hmm. My faves, from the top of my head, are (in no particular order Texas Roadhouse, Olive Garden (its been awhile,) Outback Steakhouse (its been even longer!,) Fridays (I remember going in 2001 lol,) and MAYBE Applebees.

Whenever i go to a restaurant, i enjoy being a gentleman and having enough on my credit card to pay for BOTH parties. It seems old school and natural. And yes, id love to go to NYC for a restaurant. I have no car since i left FL, so im doing the PATH train thing - Christpoher st (i dont even know where that is,) 9th st, 14th st "Union Square" area, 23rd, and MSG/33rd st plus subways.

Totally interested! Id love to, hopefully sometime around Thanksgiving. THings will be better by then, ill have some pocket $$ that i wont be spemding on gas, or other things.

Who else!!??
Old 11-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #38
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

I have tentative plans to be in NYC the day after Thanksgiving through the weekend.

@~;~~
Old 11-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #39
Heyyou
On Timeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
I have tentative plans to be in NYC the day after Thanksgiving through the weekend.
May i ask if you are going to be there with preexisting obligations, or would you maybe want to say Hello to a fellow Dimmer or two? Honest question.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:32 PM   #40
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyyou View Post
May i ask if you are going to be there with preexisting obligations, or would you maybe want to say Hello to a fellow Dimmer or two? Honest question.
I wanted to buy some materials for my work that I don't feel comfortable shopping for online. I prefer to go there and look at it in person before I put down money. Technically this should only take an hour or so tops, otherwise I'm just going to be meandering around. Maybe just a day trip or I'll be crashing on someone's couch and buying them liquor. I'm not sure, the details are murky but yeah, I could meet for lunch.

@~;~~
Old 11-10-2011, 10:41 PM   #41
lovely_plumper

lovely_plumper has said some nice things

I am not free black Friday I have to go to something very important and if I miss it I am screwed. I don't think that weekend is occupied for me though if that is okay with others.
lovely_plumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:56 PM   #42
stevenbbwlvr

How about that Saturday, then?

I would sure like to meet some of you people.

Someone suggested Dallas BBQ. I was by one today and I guess even a cheapskate like me could afford the freight.

I am not much of a one for coordinating people, events, whatever. I guess it would be nice to meet in some public place to see how many people show up, then choose the eatery venue accordingly.

Oh! what a vision! A bevy of gloriously sexy fat chicks, with an attendant squad of FA's! All rolling into one place, at one time.

We might make the paper.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:33 AM   #43
themuse

Default Black Weekend works for me

I agree with meeting in a public place & going from there. (Port Authority, maybe? I'm coming from Jersey.) It can be difficult to organize a group to meet at a restaurant if you don't have a clear idea of how many people are going to show up. Reservation people don't like it when they ask how many people are in your party and you reply, "I dunno, could be 5, could be 20." Just sayin'.

With that being said, I'd be up for getting together somewhere in the city on Turkey Weekend. And yeah, Saturday works. Just tell me where & when.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #44
thisguy34

thisguy34 has said some nice things

I'm in Jersey... down to do something
thisguy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:27 AM   #45
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

How about Saturday, Dallas BBQ, 1:30? I'm up for it.

@~;~~
Old 11-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #46
Tokyosheart

Tokyosheart has said some nice things

Is this for this Saturday? If not.... anyone going to the city this Saturday? Ill be in the city late afternoon in Brooklyn for the last day of Redress. Im free afterwards.. anyone wants to get dinner in Manhattan or brooklyn?
Tokyosheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:36 PM   #47
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

No, I was thinking next Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Wow, the Re/Dress thing is THIS Saturday??

@~;~~
Old 11-17-2011, 10:37 PM   #48
Tokyosheart

Tokyosheart has said some nice things

awww if I'm not going to Mass. I'll see if i can go to nyc to see you and the others

and yes Redress last day is This Saturday(

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
No, I was thinking next Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Wow, the Re/Dress thing is THIS Saturday??
Tokyosheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:04 AM   #49
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyosheart View Post
awww if I'm not going to Mass. I'll see if i can go to nyc to see you and the others

and yes Redress last day is This Saturday(
I'm sorry I'm going to miss the ReDress fairwell. I thought it was going to be the following weekend. Don't go out of your way for next Saturday yet though. Doesn't look like anyone is interested but me.

@~;~~
Old 11-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #50
themuse

Default Where's Dallas BBQ?

Dallas BBQ at 1:30pm sounds good to me, I just need to know where it is.