Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 03-29-2016, 01:45 PM   #2201
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yea, that is a first world problem.

As is mine;

People's inability to be smart hurts me. They try, so hard, but execute so poorly. I feel like me and the hubby's quality standards are too high compared to most ppl we work with. 50% is not ok, and at that point why are you even bothering.

Risk mitigation.

You aren't mitigating anythng, you are spending money to make you feel like you did enough to sleep at night.
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:45 PM   #2202
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Migraines caused by the bright and lovely sunshine.

Damn you GOD!!!!
Old 04-08-2016, 02:19 PM   #2203
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Lost power twice in less than 24 hours. First one, okay, straight-line winds or a tornado felled a tree that took out the lines. The second, this afternoon, totally need new infrastructure!
Old 04-09-2016, 12:44 PM   #2204
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My nose keeps bleeding for no reason. Not the 'OMG, nose is bleeding, get to a sink!' kind of heavy bleeding that can be almost relaxing. Just bleeding enough to drip slowly over everything I own before I notice.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 01:14 PM   #2205
Rojodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
My nose keeps bleeding for no reason. Not the 'OMG, nose is bleeding, get to a sink!' kind of heavy bleeding that can be almost relaxing. Just bleeding enough to drip slowly over everything I own before I notice.
Low humidity in the house could cause that.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:02 PM   #2206
Jeannie
Connect the dots

Jeannie carries a lot of weight on this boardJeannie carries a lot of weight on this boardJeannie carries a lot of weight on this boardJeannie carries a lot of weight on this boardJeannie carries a lot of weight on this boardJeannie carries a lot of weight on this board

Healthcaredotgov = major suckage.
Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 03:00 PM   #2207
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

My moods, which I wish I could change, but unfortunately I don't really have control over them.
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 04:18 PM   #2208
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!

Being out of rep for the people that have made some really good posts!

Also being on a phone so that making any post longer than a few sentences a pain in the ass. There's been a few topics discussed here and there I'd like to comment on but would rather do it from a keyboard. By the time I'm likely to be on my computer I'll either have forgotten my points or the discussion will have moved on.
LeoGibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 04:20 PM   #2209
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
Serial repist.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:11 PM   #2210
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

Also being on a phone so that making any post longer than a few sentences a pain in the ass. There's been a few topics discussed here and there I'd like to comment on but would rather do it from a keyboard. By the time I'm likely to be on my computer I'll either have forgotten my points or the discussion will have moved on.
^^^^^ all of this
Old 04-12-2016, 06:05 AM   #2211
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
^^^^^ all of this
Yep, I know this pain all too well, too!
Old 04-12-2016, 11:41 PM   #2212
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Insomnia!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2016, 02:17 AM   #2213
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

There are folding and/or pocketable bluetooth keyboards that will work with your phone.

Here's one: Zagg Pocket Keyboard

And another: Intelligent Switch Mini Travel Bluetooth Folding Keyboard 3.0 (I think I like this one better)

They're also useful for general note-taking, and can be used with a tablet.

Bluetooth mice usually work with phones too. For Android, the right mouse button is the Back key, the middle button is the Home key (not positive on this, might be Menu -- I don't have one handy at the moment to test.

Most other keyboards will work through a USB On-the-Go adapter (typically a very short cable with a male micro-USB connector on one end and a female USB connector on the other). Not sure how good the USB OTG support is in iOS, but for Android phones/tablets it works well.
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 01:48 PM   #2214
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

At work we needed a little higher detail thermal printer. We figure out what we want, then go through a local distributor--who specializes in this stuff--to get it, and everything we need to use it. In all we order the printer, some label making software, and a roll of each of two sizes of blank labels (simple ones that the printer can print directly from the thermal head, we were assured), and a couple of rolls of pre-printed labels, for which we were to send them draft artwork and they were to get our approval of the final artwork. This totalled a few thousand dollars, so it was set up as purchase order rather than using the corporate credit card.

One might think that this was pretty straightforward.

The printer itself came quickly. In fact, it arrived before they’d formally accepted the PO (they were still waiting to hear back from one of our financial references before they’d set us up in their system).

The two rolls of blank labels showed up as two boxes of blank labels (12 rolls per box). They phoned us – oops they’d made a mistake, but the rolls were heavy enough that it wasn’t worth it to them to get them shipped back, we should just keep them all.

A roll of blank labels shows up, of the size that the pre-printed labels is supposed to be. We call them to send it back. Three days later it is still sitting on my desk.

A license for the software took about three weeks to get straightened out, but we finally got it earlier this week. I went to do a practice print, and nothing will print. Eventually we determine that the labels are not the direct print type we had been told they would be, but were the kind that need a resin ribbon to go with them.

In frustration I call the distributor back and tell them to get us a quote for either direct print labels or the ribbons, whichever we can get more quickly. That was Monday, they send us a quote, we pay immediately with the corporate credit card, they assure us we’ll have the ribbon by the end of day Wednesday. Wednesday comes and goes with no ribbon delivery. The ribbon finally arrives this morning. It is red, not black. By this point I barely care and want to make sure we can at least print, in whatever colour – then discover you need the core from a ribbon roll to take up the ribbon as you print; you just need one to get started, then keep them each time you finish off one roll. Which would be great, if they’d sent us a core at any point in time, but they hadn’t. Call up the sales guy yet again ‘Oh that is terrible, let me call headquarters, I’ll call you back in five minutes.

That was an hour ago.

This REALLY should not be this hard.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:17 PM   #2215
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

That's usually when i go "professional bitch" and tell them to get it right or refund or something along those lines...that sort of stuff drives me insane!!

---

I found "the girl" at the office. The one who sets my teeth on edge, can't take anything as a statement, but rather a challenge. Tries to be right instead of getting the job done. She sits behind me - boo. But althoigh we report to the same boss i hope our jobs are unlikely to cross much.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:20 PM   #2216
Rojodi

My printer of 8 or so years died. Well it didn't die, Windows 10 just won't recognize it.
Old 04-17-2016, 01:10 PM   #2217
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

In order.

1. Shoe shopping.
2. Sore back.
3. Those pop up 'enter your email here for more amazing stuff!' things every time I click on an article.
4. My neighbour's cat.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 11:34 PM   #2218
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

God damn accounting rules!!! I have 17K in business expenses I wanted to use to offset income I was expecting last fall but didn't actually materialize till this January. Since I can't use the 2015 business expenses to offset 2016 income to avoid a huge tax hit next April I have to max out my 2016 459 contributions and live like a pauper for the rest of 2016.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:27 PM   #2219
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

I usually do my taxes first thing. I left it, and now i am stress dreaming about it. Now i will need to stay up late today and tomorrow to get it done!!
Old 04-19-2016, 01:44 PM   #2220
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
I usually do my taxes first thing. I left it, and now i am stress dreaming about it. Now i will need to stay up late today and tomorrow to get it done!!
Heh, my work screwed up federal and state withholding. I owe $3000 federal and $1000 state. FML.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:03 PM   #2221
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
Heh, my work screwed up federal and state withholding. I owe $3000 federal and $1000 state. FML.
I feel for you-- that really sucks! (I had a year like that (started a new job, they screwed up, I double checked at one point and they said everything was good .... end of the year, big nasty surprise).
Old 04-21-2016, 08:28 AM   #2222
squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft never has a post go unnoticedsqueezablysoft never has a post go unnoticedsqueezablysoft never has a post go unnoticedsqueezablysoft never has a post go unnoticedsqueezablysoft never has a post go unnoticedsqueezablysoft never has a post go unnoticedsqueezablysoft never has a post go unnoticedsqueezablysoft never has a post go unnoticed

Taking the title of this thread rather literally, I hate it when I have to get up at night to go pee. I know ppl who do this every night and seem to be ok with it, maybe if it happens all the time you get used to it and it just becomes routine, but with me it doesn't happen every night, just often enough to be annoying af. Like I'd not been doing it for nearly a month and then out of nowhere last night and the night before I had to get up TWICE! GRRRR!
Old 04-21-2016, 08:40 AM   #2223
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Dealing with the claims people at Liberty Mutual Ins. is a giant pain in the ass. They apparently hire people to process auto claims that don't know jack shit about cars.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:48 AM   #2224
Crumbling
Distilled Evil

Crumbling is a pillar of the Dimensions communityCrumbling is a pillar of the Dimensions communityCrumbling is a pillar of the Dimensions communityCrumbling is a pillar of the Dimensions communityCrumbling is a pillar of the Dimensions communityCrumbling is a pillar of the Dimensions communityCrumbling is a pillar of the Dimensions communityCrumbling is a pillar of the Dimensions communityCrumbling is a pillar of the Dimensions communityCrumbling is a pillar of the Dimensions communityCrumbling is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezablysoft View Post
I hate it when I have to get up at night to go pee. I know ppl who do this every night and seem to be ok with it, maybe if it happens all the time you get used to it and it just becomes routine
MY FIL put this in context. Hhe had his hip resurfaced and spent a week doing recovery and physio in an assisted living facility. One of the old guys there was complaining about how often he had to get up in the night... until the guy in the next bed told him to quit his whining, some people can't get up at all.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:13 PM   #2225
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've been sick for almost a week and my throats been killing me... it's barely been better today, but I'm hoping it's better when I have to go back to work tomorrow. I seriously hate getting sick anymore, working in retail - I've been sick more often than I have been in my entire life! Definitely getting my vaccinations next year! Last time I'll forget!
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mad, pissed