Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 04-30-2016, 01:51 PM   #2251
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

I have a great big zit on the middle of my forehead. I'm over 50 years old not some teenager.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:35 PM   #2252
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

My mental instability causing havoc in my head... thank you, depression and anxiety!
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:19 PM   #2253
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

As a side part of my job I'm supersiving getting testing of a new product ready. It involved hardware and software as well as the people actually using and depending on the testing.

the Hardware guy keeps just doing his own thing. I have all sorts of other things going on, so I can't always be closely supervising him. When I ask him questions he doesn't give me all the relevent details -- he might think he has, but he skips things that will impact other people so which are really important. Sometimes I can spot a possible omission, sometimes I can't.

So then he does something, and as will happen not everything works out, so instead of leaving someone unable to do anything for ten minutes it turns into hours, and he doesn't tell me. So then managers of the people being stranded get involved, and I'm caught by surprise ... again.

Clearly I'm not managing him effectively, but I'm at a loss of what I should be doing with him. And the fact that I'm not managing him effectively of course reflects badly on me in general. So I'm pissed off in general that he keeps causing problems by not communicating with me or other people on the team. And I'm pissed off in specific because being tied up with him is making me look bad in the company (and extra pissed off because a lot of that is legitimate -- I'm supposed to be managing this and am not making it work out well).
Old 05-03-2016, 03:51 PM   #2254
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
As a side part of my job I'm supersiving getting testing of a new product ready. It involved hardware and software as well as the people actually using and depending on the testing.

the Hardware guy keeps just doing his own thing. I have all sorts of other things going on, so I can't always be closely supervising him. When I ask him questions he doesn't give me all the relevent details -- he might think he has, but he skips things that will impact other people so which are really important. Sometimes I can spot a possible omission, sometimes I can't.

So then he does something, and as will happen not everything works out, so instead of leaving someone unable to do anything for ten minutes it turns into hours, and he doesn't tell me. So then managers of the people being stranded get involved, and I'm caught by surprise ... again.

Clearly I'm not managing him effectively, but I'm at a loss of what I should be doing with him. And the fact that I'm not managing him effectively of course reflects badly on me in general. So I'm pissed off in general that he keeps causing problems by not communicating with me or other people on the team. And I'm pissed off in specific because being tied up with him is making me look bad in the company (and extra pissed off because a lot of that is legitimate -- I'm supposed to be managing this and am not making it work out well).
I have that exact problem (just not in technology) in reverse. my manager does not give me all the information I need and I find myself having to guesstimate what the users/clients will need to have access and all that. Maybe that person is the type of worker that needs everything spelled out. Even the things that should be common sense. Some people just need more hand holding than others.

Good luck!
Old 05-30-2016, 02:19 PM   #2255
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

There is one woman at work who uses a lot of perfume, and one guy who uses a lot of cologne. Got stuck in an hour long meeting with both of them this afternoon. Came out and my nasal passages felt scalded, and soon I had a throbbing headache.

I'm pissed off because I'm being too damn Canadian to tell them to stop using so much of that crap!

So I'm dedicating this video to myself today:
Old 05-30-2016, 03:47 PM   #2256
Crumbling
Distilled Evil

Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
There is one woman at work who uses a lot of perfume.
To Quote my FIL (who only had daughters but has a whole passel of nephews and grandsons and so has been sitting on comedy gold for an entire generation)

Q. You know why girls wear all that makeup and perfume?

A. They're ugly and they smell bad.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:20 PM   #2257
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

My car died on highway 101 in Atascadero and nothing's open today. I was hoping to get another 50,000 mile out of this car [but I guess 305,000 miles (490,000 Km) is not bad].

I'm stuck in a Motel 6 for the night -- double .
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:12 PM   #2258
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The hot mess that is the mental health system, especially in TX. So frustrating when client are trying to get help and the options are so so limited. I love my job, but it really highlights the flaws in the system.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 01:45 PM   #2259
rabbitislove
24 Carrot Magic

rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I hear you Lillie. I work in mental health as well and while my organization is great, I do run into barriers (especially the stigma that exists against people living with mental illness).
Old 06-08-2016, 06:58 PM   #2260
rabbitislove
24 Carrot Magic

rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Also the mass influx of bad drivers and traffic.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:17 AM   #2261
squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
I have a great big zit on the middle of my forehead. I'm over 50 years old not some teenager.
I'm 32 and have one on my chin atm. The sad thing is, this is the second time I've gotten a zit right after eating Pizza Hut, so I am coming to the conclusion that Pizza Hut gives me pizza face. Guess I better lay off it since I'm going to college orientation on the 17-18 and getting my picture taken for my school ID for the next 4 years (although I suppose having zits might help me blend in with the other (18-year-old) freshmen better)!
Old 06-09-2016, 11:48 AM   #2262
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

The fact that I have a job, and I make enough money to maybe get groceries weekly, plus gas to get to and from work - bare essentials basically, but am not getting enough hours to get the things that are slowly piling up that I need. I make $100/wk if I am lucky with about 13-15 hours, this weeks paycheck sucked with a measly $75 after taxes... next weeks should be a little better, because I have ~20 hours... But still, I just wish I knew what to do! Everyone says get a second job but that's not easy for everyone to do, especially when I'm trying to just figure out life in the first place... I want to go back to school, get degrees to get a better job and make more eventually, but that doesn't help me right now. So stressful lately. I need mostly parts for my car so I can get things fixed... valve cover gasket, new tires because mine are worn to hell, serpentine belt and some rear shocks... that's the imporant stuff! But also because I need one more part for a computer my brothers friend is giving to me, literally for free, which is a huge upgrade from what I've got, and the gamer in me is ecstatic! But the poor person in me is pissed because I don't have enough money to fix parts in my car or finally get this huge upgrade that I've been waiting years for.

If anyone is rich and wants to loan me money through PayPal, let me know, I will pay you back weekly in small amounts lol. Kidding but also slightly serious if anyone is in the market to help.

I dunno. I'm mainly just ranting. This sucks.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:48 PM   #2263
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Talk to your head of HR & General Manager...

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0emnem0x View Post
"...not getting enough hours to get the things that are slowly piling up that I need. I make $100/wk if I am lucky with about 13-15 hours, this weeks paycheck sucked with a measly $75 after taxes... next weeks should be a little better, because I have ~20 hours... But still, I just wish I knew what to do!"
Ask them what you need to do to be considered for more hours.

Be prepared that they might give you some negative/constructive feedback. Or that they're not prepared to talk with you, give you an answer straight away. Or offer you more work doing someone you might otherwise be loath to deal with (e.g., clean the break area, bathrooms, ect...)

Then again, they might've already been willing to consider you for some promotion, if only you'd ask for it.

Don't say anything about getting another job; although it would probably wise to already be looking more closely at what's out there (How long have you been there? If a year or more, then your experience could prove the basis for something even better, with more money & hours). Instead, pitch it along the lines of your being ready for more responsibility. Might-well be yours for the taking.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:21 PM   #2264
x0emnem0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
Don't say anything about getting another job; although it would probably wise to already be looking more closely at what's out there (How long have you been there? If a year or more, then your experience could prove the basis for something even better, with more money & hours). Instead, pitch it along the lines of your being ready for more responsibility. Might-well be yours for the taking.
I'll have worked there 2 years in September when I only planned being there for one. I want a new job, I need to look for new jobs, I just don't know what I want to do. I'm not picky but with my depression and anxiety, I'm worried specific jobs will just kill me. Like with my first "job" I got hired at Pizza Hut and quit the next day, because it was not for me. I don't want promoted at my job because everyone who gets promoted gets used and is miserable. They don't care about their employees there. Certain people do sure, and I love my coworkers, but if you step up then they try to make you do everything and when it goes to shit it's your fault. I know that happens in every job really, but I know from experience how bad it is at my job and I don't want to worry about that when I have trouble enough just getting my rear out of bed to be a cashier...
Old 06-09-2016, 10:37 PM   #2265
Hugh Jaguy

Hugh Jaguy can now change their title

More like what ISN'T pissing me off today. Having a very hard time with my ptsd and depression. Its been over a month since my wife told me she wanted a divorce just because she was tired of me....her exact words.

I cant work because I am disabled, but my ssd is in appeal right now.

The thought runs through my head several times daily, how much better this Earth would be without me in it breathing oxygen that a better person could use.
Hugh Jaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:04 PM   #2266
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jaguy View Post
More like what ISN'T pissing me off today. Having a very hard time with my ptsd and depression. Its been over a month since my wife told me she wanted a divorce just because she was tired of me....her exact words.

The thought runs through my head several times daily, how much better this Earth would be without me in it breathing oxygen that a better person could use.

Things are really shitty and I'm sorry. Having those sorts of thoughts is exhausting and it takes a lot of strength to keep going through all of that.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 05:49 AM   #2267
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0emnem0x View Post
I'll have worked there 2 years in September when I only planned being there for one. I want a new job, I need to look for new jobs, I just don't know what I want to do. I'm not picky but with my depression and anxiety, I'm worried specific jobs will just kill me. Like with my first "job" I got hired at Pizza Hut and quit the next day, because it was not for me. I don't want promoted at my job because everyone who gets promoted gets used and is miserable. They don't care about their employees there. Certain people do sure, and I love my coworkers, but if you step up then they try to make you do everything and when it goes to shit it's your fault. I know that happens in every job really, but I know from experience how bad it is at my job and I don't want to worry about that when I have trouble enough just getting my rear out of bed to be a cashier...
The best and least stressful time to look for a new job is when you still have one. Set a bar in your head of what would be worth it to make you move in terms of; pay, less stress, time off, cool boss....and then just put some feelers out. If nothing comes of it immediately you are no worse off than you are today. And if yes, then you don't have the stress of being forced to take it or be without a job.

Office jobs have their perks, but so do some retail. A friend delivers pizza and its low stress, low people interaction, and he only works 5 hrs a day. Suits him perfectly.
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 06:41 AM   #2268
rabbitislove
24 Carrot Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jaguy View Post

I agree with Lillie. Sometimes the bravest thing you can do is stay alive when you are feeling hopeless. Have you considered finding a community mental health professional? They are for folks on SSD and could work out a reasonable pay scale. Hang in there dude and post when you need to reach out. This is a good community.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:50 AM   #2269
rabbitislove
24 Carrot Magic

On that note, spend the past 3 days battling anxiety and PTSD. Gotta love it when your brain tries to convince you a) you'll fail at everything because you didnt clean the kitchen and b) every time you have sex you should be terrified.

Weekend had lots of good points and Im heading to yoga today so I got that going for me
Old 06-15-2016, 10:07 PM   #2270
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

A few family-related things, as usual. With this as the perfectly timed cherry on top.

2016-06-16_0701.png

Fuck you, facebook.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:39 AM   #2271
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

FFAs, I love all of you. You are all fantastic but you are pretty much all the most frustrating person I have ever met. All of you. I don't know how each one of the 6 FFA friends I am close with manage it. But each of you manages to be the most frustrating person on the planet, simultaneously. It is baffling. Except Mel, Mel is fucking awesome and doesn't drive me nuts.

I should note that the majority of FFAs who I am speaking to/about are not on this site.
Old 06-16-2016, 12:30 PM   #2272
Crumbling
Distilled Evil

Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
FFAs, I love all of you. You are all fantastic but you are pretty much all the most frustrating person I have ever met. All of you.
#haremproblems
Old 06-16-2016, 12:41 PM   #2273
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumbling View Post
#haremproblems
Ha, not even close to that.
Old 06-16-2016, 12:47 PM   #2274
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm an FFA and I'm only moderately annoying! =D
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 01:02 PM   #2275
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I will channel my inner narcasist and sya he is talking about me
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mad, pissed