Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 10-17-2016, 04:01 PM   #2376
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

You can't stop me. *sympathizes*
Old 10-20-2016, 10:21 AM   #2377
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

People who believe they have the right and/or moral duty to belittle others because of race, color, sexual orientation, or physical appearance.

Then the clock on the laptop turned to 8:30 AM
Old 10-20-2016, 10:53 PM   #2378
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

My computer. I hit a reset button or something which messed up my wireless card. So after I finally figured out how to get it to show up, (by taking the whole inside out, removing and putting the card back in) and quit saying it was not functioning… The device manager says it is working fine, but none of my networks are showing up… But I guess that something to figure out tomorrow. Bedtime !
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:05 AM   #2379
Anjula
miss wonderfulamazing

Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The weather. It's been raining for a week in Warsaw. It's ridiculous.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:17 AM   #2380
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I was not able to sleep last night, despite five hours laying down, with my CPAP on, trying to relax. I got rest, but no sleep.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:41 AM   #2381
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
I was not able to sleep last night, despite five hours laying down, with my CPAP on, trying to relax. I got rest, but no sleep.
https://www.sleepassociation.org/pat...-hygiene-tips/
Old 10-22-2016, 01:55 AM   #2382
Anjula
miss wonderfulamazing

Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
I fail to follow 80% of these rues. No surprise I can't sleep lol
Old 10-23-2016, 03:31 AM   #2383
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjula View Post
I fail to follow 80% of these rues. No surprise I can't sleep lol
Same here. It's pretty rare that I can get to sleep before midnight, so when I need to get up at 6am for work it's no surprise I'm zombified in the morning a lot of the time.
Old 10-23-2016, 12:28 PM   #2384
Anjula
miss wonderfulamazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellis10 View Post
Same here. It's pretty rare that I can get to sleep before midnight, so when I need to get up at 6am for work it's no surprise I'm zombified in the morning a lot of the time.
I'm actually pretty good IF I manage to get up. Usually no matter how important it is for me to get out of bed super early I fail miserably and have to suffer consequences.

But if I actually manage to drag my lazy ass of bed I'm as good as ever + I'm super happy because I won against myself 👌🏻
Old 10-23-2016, 08:42 PM   #2385
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

Ja, just getting up is everything. My typical morning resembles the first sea creature crawling/stumbling onto land but as long as I can make it to the shower I'm golden despite having 5 hours sleep. It's just a matter of resisting the otherwordly allure of the majestic "snooze" button.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:51 PM   #2386
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The first cup of coffee recapitulates phylogeny.
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 08:07 PM   #2387
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Lightbulb

I'm so fucking (whoops, another thread fat hiker can't read) sick of seeing articles on multiple websites on the cultural significance of a somewhat amusing Black Jeopardy skit on Saturday Night Live last week. They even talked about it on NPR. It's always weird when the media decides the dopey show is culturally relevant again and it's always for something trite. In this case it was as skit suggesting that...black people and a white Southerner might have more in common than one would otherwise imagine based on cultural assumptions. Inorite?!
Say, someone should come up with an analogy for this heretofore unheard of phenomenon; possibly using the example of books and covers and the fallacy of judging the former by the latter!!

I'm aware this is a Recliner of Rage-level esoteric complaint but it's late and it's fucking (they're never coming back now!) freezing and I'm all think-pieced out.
Old 10-29-2016, 02:40 PM   #2388
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

My hands kept cramping up when I was assembling a table. It was only 8 bolts with an allen wrench but it was kind of a tight squeeze for my paws. I have sissy hands. You would think decades of relentless masturbation would have prepared me better for this.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:26 PM   #2389
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

1. Not realizing PT was at 10, not 11 like I thought. Pissed at myself;

2. Running into two two pro-Trump businessmen who believe he will eliminate the need for them to be bonded and licensed, even though it's a NY state regulation, not a Federal.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:05 PM   #2390
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

I hate when my coworkers interrupt me while I'm at work on a check lane. Most of the time it is for something that is not an emergency, and could definitely be asked later! Not even when I am on my break, or have zero customers (I work retail, we're busy the majority of our shift, but I get a few minutes of downtime here and there).

First things first... Today, not only did the floral department manager come up and start trying to talk to me about working more hours over in that department, but my GENERAL SUPERVISOR also interrupted me numerous times while I'm trying to do transactions and talk to customers! I feel sooo rude interrupting the middle of a conversation (since they force us to talk) and just ignoring the customer while I'm trying to focus on 5 things at once, answer your dumb question, and trying to process what in the hell you just asked me. Asking me if I can take this shift, or that shift, like I don't know, does it look like I have a goddamn calendar in my hands, do I look like I am just twiddling my thumbs and waiting on your every beck and call? Ugh! Like come on, my supervisor at least should know to not try asking these things when I'm on a check lane and especially with customers when she is on check lanes several times throughout the day herself... she knows how crazy it gets.

Secondly, if you're not waiting for a phone call from someone dying in a hospital, a phone call from someone like a firefighter or someone in the military when you don't know when the next time you'll talk to them is, or something suuuper important, DON'T get in my damn check lane and ignore me the entire time, NOT answer my questions, and then get pissed off at me when I decide to ignore you back, and NOT get your stupid rewards card. PAY ATTENTION. 99% of the time, I hear the conversation from your end and I am sooo aware that it is not a conversation you need to be having while in the middle of my check lane. GET OFF THE PHONE. Is it that hard to tell someone "Hey, I'm in the check lane, I'll call you back in 2 minutes." ?!

Lastly, I'm SORRY you're old and can't fucking see, but DON'T get attitude with me because you can't get the card machine to work, because YOU can't read it, and for some reason YOU DON'T HAVE GLASSES ON, and are pissed because you are not entering the correct PIN for your card, and wondering why it isn't going through!

I seriously CANNOT with these people anymore.

End rant!
Old 11-01-2016, 08:12 PM   #2391
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Recently moved and my living room looks like something from the TV show Hoarders (boxes on top of more boxes).
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:21 PM   #2392
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0emnem0x View Post
I hate when my coworkers interrupt me while I'm at work on a check lane. Most of the time it is for something that is not an emergency, and could definitely be asked later! Not even when I am on my break, or have zero customers (I work retail, we're busy the majority of our shift, but I get a few minutes of downtime here and there).

First things first... Today, not only did the floral department manager come up and start trying to talk to me about working more hours over in that department, but my GENERAL SUPERVISOR also interrupted me numerous times while I'm trying to do transactions and talk to customers! I feel sooo rude interrupting the middle of a conversation (since they force us to talk) and just ignoring the customer while I'm trying to focus on 5 things at once, answer your dumb question, and trying to process what in the hell you just asked me. Asking me if I can take this shift, or that shift, like I don't know, does it look like I have a goddamn calendar in my hands, do I look like I am just twiddling my thumbs and waiting on your every beck and call? Ugh! Like come on, my supervisor at least should know to not try asking these things when I'm on a check lane and especially with customers when she is on check lanes several times throughout the day herself... she knows how crazy it gets.

Secondly, if you're not waiting for a phone call from someone dying in a hospital, a phone call from someone like a firefighter or someone in the military when you don't know when the next time you'll talk to them is, or something suuuper important, DON'T get in my damn check lane and ignore me the entire time, NOT answer my questions, and then get pissed off at me when I decide to ignore you back, and NOT get your stupid rewards card. PAY ATTENTION. 99% of the time, I hear the conversation from your end and I am sooo aware that it is not a conversation you need to be having while in the middle of my check lane. GET OFF THE PHONE. Is it that hard to tell someone "Hey, I'm in the check lane, I'll call you back in 2 minutes." ?!

Lastly, I'm SORRY you're old and can't fucking see, but DON'T get attitude with me because you can't get the card machine to work, because YOU can't read it, and for some reason YOU DON'T HAVE GLASSES ON, and are pissed because you are not entering the correct PIN for your card, and wondering why it isn't going through!

I seriously CANNOT with these people anymore.

End rant!
I never understood why managers bother the cashier while they're with a customer. That's just bad for business. It drives me crazy when I'm the customer even though I know the cashier can't do anything about it.

I always thought there should've been a retail version of the It Gets Better campaign from a few years ago called It Gets Worse. You have no idea how much crazier the public can drive you over time. I never, ever came close to developing a tolerance to it.
I know I should say something reassuring here but lying won't help. Get out as soon as you can!!
Old 11-01-2016, 08:41 PM   #2393
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Wait, whut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0emnem0x View Post
"...while I'm at work on a check lane."
What is that, exactly? I've worked in retail before; although, never in l'Úpicerie. It sounds serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
"Recently moved and my living room looks like something from the TV show Hoarders"
The trick is to pare it all down before you move.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:49 PM   #2394
x0emnem0x

You don't have to say anything reassuring, I know I am in hell. I am an idiot for still being there, but I don't know what else to do as of right now. LOL. I'll figure it out eventually... maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
What is that, exactly? I've worked in retail before; although, never in l'Úpicerie. It sounds serious.
A check lane is literally just the lane where you go to cash out your groceries, I am a cashier. We call them check lanes. My store has 6 U-Scan (where you do it yourself) lanes, and then 7 check lanes, where cashiers and baggers check out/bag your groceries for you and you pay.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:57 AM   #2395
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default hhmm...Interesting.

Maybe it's, like, a Midwestern thing?

Where I live, we just call it a register or check-out register or even check-out aisle, even though they're all obviously lined up with aisles. Here, lanes are for cars or bowling.

If I go to WalMart with my dad, he's often astonished by my facility with the self-checkout as much as fearful of being mistakenly flagged for shop-lifting, because it shouldn't be so quick and easy.

Maybe this is an opportunity for you to subordinate some newer co-worker with a phrase like, Stay in your lane, probey! Or something like that.

Was always fond of Slow-your-roll, myself.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 09:59 AM   #2396
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Canadian Thanksgiving was in early October. This Thursday? A normal work day here. This Friday? Also a normal work day. There will not be hordes of people crushing into outlet stores and malls here, there is no mania, there is, in fact no ‘black Friday’ other than that some tiny portion of the population might cross the border to the US to partake in the madness, and some may order from on-line retailers if there are especially good promotions.

But yet, we have Black Friday ads up here. Actually, we have “Black Friday Week” ads, which make even less sense. Some of the ads like to refer to the supposed craziness in the stores – I could sort of understand that if those were from American chains running the same ads up here, but generally those are from Canadian companies. So we have ads both trying to whip us up into a shopping/spending frenzy on what is effectively just another random work day, and we have other ads trying to make us fear the supposed shopping/spending frenzy? It is like the advertising world has crawled so far up its own fundament that it is coming out the other side …

That said, Blackberry is selling the Priv (their Android phone with the slide out keyboard – a very powerful, high-end phone) for 397 $Can which is a crazy low price, so wife has ordered one to replace her old Q10 which has a cracked screen. In other words, there are some remarkable deals during this entirely manufactured event, which can be hard to ignore
Old 11-22-2016, 10:34 AM   #2397
Ohio Lady

Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Neighbors who want to take advantage of others just because they think they are owed that right.. plus those who want to come into your home and take over like it's their home.. Gonna have to lay the law down to these people.
Ohio Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 02:56 PM   #2398
Rojodi

Parents who allow "Johnny" and "Jenny" free reign in Starbucks while they "converse" on their phones waiting for their lattes.

(Next time, I won't be nice and stop the kids from heading outside.)
Old 11-22-2016, 07:09 PM   #2399
Leem
Leem

Leem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I hate stores that open on Thanksgiving. It is so rude to all of their employees, I refuse to shop on Thursday.
Leem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 12:49 PM   #2400
Rojodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leem View Post
I hate stores that open on Thanksgiving. It is so rude to all of their employees, I refuse to shop on Thursday.
You're not the only one.

Tags
mad, pissed