Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 09-27-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Can this hurt my future?

Against the advice of my mother, I joined the GLBTA and I started counseling at the youth center. My mother knows I am bi, but she just stated that she was concerned because she was afraid that it would show up in my college transcripts and hurt my future by preventing my from getting jobs.

Am I wrong? I'm now scared I won't get a teaching job because of the GLBTA, and started counseling.

Anyone have any advice?

Edit: I know I shouldn't care, because what I'm doing feels good. And I know that in my heart I'm doing what's right.... but it doesn't mean that I wonder now if I should change my major, while I still have to without taking 10,000 different credits.

Last edited by Deven; 09-27-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Deven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:37 PM   #2
survivalisfutile
Robot in Disguise

survivalisfutile can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevenDoom View Post
Against the advice of my mother, I joined the GLBTA and I started counseling at the youth center. My mother knows I am bi, but she just stated that she was concerned because she was afraid that it would show up in my college transcripts and hurt my future by preventing my from getting jobs.

Am I wrong? I'm now scared I won't get a teaching job because of the GLBTA, and started counseling.

Anyone have any advice?

Edit: I know I shouldn't care, because what I'm doing feels good. And I know that in my heart I'm doing what's right.... but it doesn't mean that I wonder now if I should change my major, while I still have to without taking 10,000 different credits.
I should think not, but this link might help illuminate the subject if it hasn't. I know its hard, but I would stand by your decision if I were you... counseling youths (especially glbtq youths who feel unable to go to other counseling resources) is a great thing. period. It seems there are a lot of people working in PA (I saw you listed PA as your location) to correct this discrimination... and apparently many cities and municipalities have passed ordinances and laws to prevent such discriminations... check it out:

http://philadelphiaemploymentlawnews...y-workers.html
survivalisfutile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:16 AM   #3
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Considering the recent government interest in bullying (which means new rules and funds for work related to what you're doing now at the youth center), I would think what you're doing would be a plus in any public school system looking to hire new teachers, especially if you're looking to teach in areas around major metropolitan areas.

Check out GLESN, also:

http://www.glsen.org/cgi-bin/iowa/all/home/index.html
Old 09-28-2011, 05:08 PM   #4
amandasevie

amandasevie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesamandasevie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

It won't hurt you with any company you would want to work for
amandasevie is offline   Reply With Quote