Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 08-19-2006, 01:02 PM   #1
ArchFA

ArchFA has said some nice things
Smile Question about wife's gaining

I'm new to this board, but a long-time FA. I love my wife more than anything else in the world. She has always been what I would consider to be a smaller bbw (currently about 150) 5'2", size 14. She was up to 220 after our second child, and I was in Heaven!
A couple weeks ago, we were talking about her size and she admitted that she was just as happy being larger and was intrigued by the idea of gaining but does not want to stuff herself at every meal just to get bigger. -She doesn't like being full during the day because it makes her feel "blah."
She has always liked rich desserts right before going to sleep and has begun to eat extra-rich desserts in bed at night. -She loves Haagen Daz chocolate icecream bars or gourmet cheesecake. Everything she eats at bedtime has at least 80% of RDA saturated fat. We don't own a scale, and she doesn't want one. I'm not a feeder by nature, but I must admit that it's very sexy to me.
My question is, if she is is eating the average to slightly above average amounts of calories a day (she is a teacher and gets all the exercise that goes with the job), plus the heavy dessert before bed, can we expect to see some gains and how much? I know everyone is different -her metabolism is not very fast.

Any opinions or suggestions for us? She's not worried, but I guess I'm just impatient.

Great forum by the way.

Thanks,
Brad
ArchFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:38 PM   #2
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

post pix plz tanx

And if you're impatient, just put old pics next to new ones. That should do ya just fine.

Just remember that acceptance is 71.4% of size acceptance.
fatlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 03:20 PM   #3
Biggie2

Biggie2 has said some nice things

def look at old pics. I do. My girl is 50lbs heavier now than when we started. Then I really notice the difference.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:15 PM   #4
Observer
Editor/Writer/Commentator

Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Serious Answer

Basic assumptions and conclusions:

1) A new pound of body weight requires 3500 calories in excess of body requirements.
2) Regaining weight that has been shed takes somewhat less due to lack of need to rebuild cell walls.
3) Generally accepted normal sedentary basal metabolism is 13 calories per pound - which at 150 pounds equals 1950 calories a day. Since your wife is physically active add 550 calories, making her projected maintenance level around 2500 calories.
4) Important variable: ability of body to accommodate deviations from above standard.

Based on the above, adding a 200 calorie snack each night before bed should produce a 1-2 pound gain per month. or 20 pounds a year, which is a healthy rate,

At least that's my guess.
Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:57 AM   #5
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

If she is eating more than she was, while maintaining the same activity, she is almost sure to gain. For that matter, just do to aging, even eating the same is apt to result in a small gain.

For sure the easiest way to add calories during the day is to eat more often, rather than to try and stuff yourself at meals. As a teacher she may not have too many opportunities to snack, but if you started baking cookies and making sure she took a couple to school each day to have during a break, that couldn't hurt either :-)

Best of luck, and enjoy the ride, wherever it goes!

-Ed
Old 08-21-2006, 10:01 AM   #6
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

a bit off-topic, but make sure she brushes her teeth before falling asleep!
does no one care for the teefs?
Old 08-21-2006, 11:27 AM   #7
zonker

Location: The land that I come from is called the Midwest....
zonker can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Basic assumptions and conclusions:

Based on the above, adding a 200 calorie snack each night before bed should produce a 1-2 pound gain per month. or 20 pounds a year, which is a healthy rate,

At least that's my guess.
That 10:1 ratio is correct. I was reading in one of those crazy "lose weight" magazine articles, the suggestion that you choose sugar-free gum because if you chew 4 or 5 sticks a day (at 10 calories each), you will gain 4 or 5 pounds in a year.

Basically, 10 additional calories a day will add up to about 1 pound in a year. And with ice cream as the added factor, well, a half-cup serving means 140-160 calories, but who only eats one-half cup of ice cream? Not anyone I know. Of course, I tend to run with a pretty hedonistic crowd!
zonker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:30 PM   #8
ArchFA

ArchFA has said some nice things
Default Thanks for the feedback!

Sounds like we're on the right track. It's kind of a weird situation with us -almost like a "don't ask, don't tell" as far as her gaining. So I'm playing it very cool right now.
Here's a recent pic. I'm a very happy man.
ArchFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:36 PM   #9
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchFA
Sounds like we're on the right track. It's kind of a weird situation with us -almost like a "don't ask, don't tell" as far as her gaining. So I'm playing it very cool right now.
Here's a recent pic. I'm a very happy man.
Heh, yah--don't want to jinx it by talking about it too much!

And by the way, there was no attached pic or link--not complaining, just letting you know.

-Ed
Old 08-31-2006, 07:28 AM   #10
FreneticFangs

FreneticFangs can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFreneticFangs can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

What IS it with fat people and not eating much?
I really don't get it. I can outeat anyone I've ever dated. Well, I can outeat almost anyone I've ever met.
It just puts a damper on things. I'd love to use food in a sexual way, but it's a turn off to see how little they eat compared to me.

The quantity of food I eat when I'm trying to control myself is the same as when they are completely stuffed. What's going on
FreneticFangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:53 AM   #11
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreneticFangs
What IS it with fat people and not eating much?
I really don't get it. I can outeat anyone I've ever dated. Well, I can outeat almost anyone I've ever met.
It just puts a damper on things. I'd love to use food in a sexual way, but it's a turn off to see how little they eat compared to me.

The quantity of food I eat when I'm trying to control myself is the same as when they are completely stuffed. What's going on
The thing is, a lot of fat people are fat for what is probably the inverse of why you are thin--their bodies really don't burn many calories. It takes only modest amounts to keep their bodies running, and fat itself burns almost no calories. So unless they are very active, they just don't need much food. I can remember my mother in law apparently surviving for days at a time on not much more than a few glasses of sweet ice tea, while weighing probably around 300 pounds. But at that time she seldom left the house and wasn't that active within the house, so what she consumed was more than enough to maintain her weight.

Now, there are some fat people who do eat a lot, but if you have an active metabolism, you probably don't become particularly fat unless you really work at it. My wife and I are both slightly obese by medical charts, and we are both pretty big eaters (although it is almost all healthy stuff, and it takes quite a bit of tofu-veggie stir fry to equal up to one candy bar). But for me to get up to say 300 pounds I suspect I've have to work at eating that much, especially if I kept my current activity levels. Granted, for me that would fall into the "Nice work if you can get it" category

Regards;

Ed
Old 09-01-2006, 12:51 AM   #12
jimj

jimj has said some nice things

My wife is 5'-3".She started out at 110lbs. and is now 265-270lbs.As she got heavier it became easier to gain and she gained faster.As long as I keep snack cakes and ice cream in the house she'll snack.You have to find out what she craves and have it around.Also my wifes mom and sister were very heavy so it made sense that it wouldn't take much for her to start gaining.The genes do make a difference.
jimj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 08:49 AM   #13
Fuzzy Necromancer

Fuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging in

Drinking cream after filling up on cheesecake or brownies will help, as will gently massaging the belly to make room.
Fuzzy Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote