Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Health Forum

Old 04-17-2017, 12:07 PM   #1
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default I'm back in the hospital

I may have had another stroke, not sure yet. I'm in the hospital waiting for answers. If it was a stroke the damage is minimal again. It may have been a TIA or mini stroke. I'll know more tomorrow. But something happened and we have to find out what.

Can I say fuck this shit?

Because fuck this shit.

**** Edit: The neurologist just stopped in, it was another stroke. Fuck this shit.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:30 PM   #2
Tracii

Tracii is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTracii is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTracii is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTracii is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTracii is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTracii is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTracii is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTracii is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTracii is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTracii is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTracii is a pillar of the Dimensions community

So sorry you went thru that again.
Neurology issues suck I have had 2 seizures so I understand to some degree.
Prayers your way girl.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:32 PM   #3
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

If it turns out that you can't say 'fuck this shit', let me know. I'll say it for you.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:12 PM   #4
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I dedicate this song to your health issues

(and of course sending all the 'be strong' vibes I can)
Old 04-18-2017, 03:39 PM   #5
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Tad, that song was perfect. When I was dealing with the neurologist today, I just blanked him out and played that song in my mind.

So it was another right parietal lobe stroke. We know that much. Still no idea what caused this one or the previous one. Fortunately, I dodged the bullet again and the hand of God just thumped me a good one because my face drooping, word slurring, and left side weakness has mostly resolved and I'm up and walking around today. The damage should be minimal.

The staff neurologist here is a prick. He dismissed it as a fat diabetic thing and if he had his way, he'd discharge me now with orders to go home and lose 200 pounds and get my A1c under 5.5.

Fortunately he doesn't get to make that call, I'm officially under the care of an internist who thinks the fat diabetic explanation is too simple, and we need to do more tests. My cardiologist agrees. It may turn out to be another cryptogenic stroke, one with no obvious explanation. And if so, I go to a stronger blood thinner and hope for the best. But they're not satisfied with that explanation yet.

Today they did some more cardiac tests to look for or rule out any kind of heart issue that could be producing blood clots. They may transfer me to a larger hospital with more advanced equipment, including an MRI that can accommodate my implanted cardiac monitor to get another really good look at my brain and look for or rule out any circulation issues that could be producing blood clots.

So, that's where it stands as of now. But I have two doctors advocating for me, so that's good.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:06 PM   #6
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

So sorry Tracy. Glad you have two doctors that want to help you.

Get well soon

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:06 PM   #7
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

For some reason,first thought I had was something is making your blood clot too easily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyarts View Post
Tad, that song was perfect. When I was dealing with the neurologist today, I just blanked him out and played that song in my mind.

So it was another right parietal lobe stroke. We know that much. Still no idea what caused this one or the previous one. Fortunately, I dodged the bullet again and the hand of God just thumped me a good one because my face drooping, word slurring, and left side weakness has mostly resolved and I'm up and walking around today. The damage should be minimal.

The staff neurologist here is a prick. He dismissed it as a fat diabetic thing and if he had his way, he'd discharge me now with orders to go home and lose 200 pounds and get my A1c under 5.5.

Fortunately he doesn't get to make that call, I'm officially under the care of an internist who thinks the fat diabetic explanation is too simple, and we need to do more tests. My cardiologist agrees. It may turn out to be another cryptogenic stroke, one with no obvious explanation. And if so, I go to a stronger blood thinner and hope for the best. But they're not satisfied with that explanation yet.

Today they did some more cardiac tests to look for or rule out any kind of heart issue that could be producing blood clots. They may transfer me to a larger hospital with more advanced equipment, including an MRI that can accommodate my implanted cardiac monitor to get another really good look at my brain and look for or rule out any circulation issues that could be producing blood clots.

So, that's where it stands as of now. But I have two doctors advocating for me, so that's good.
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 01:20 PM   #8
Tracyarts

It's not a clotting issue, in terms of something in my blood. They still don't know what the problem is, but they know a lot of things it isn't. It's not narrowing or hardening of the arteries, not a heart valve issue, hole in heart, or arrhythmia. Not hypertension, and not related to diabetes.

A possibility is Transient Vasospasms of the Extracranial Internal Carotid Artery. (I had to copy and paste that). Basically the artery spasms spontaneously and resolves itself spontaneously. My case fits it, but I'm going to need more tests to confirm or rule it out. So, either tonight or in the morning, they're going to transfer me to a larger hospital to have another MRI.

I'm not even thinking past being transferred because I really don't want to torture myself over what if. But the doctors are working to figure it out.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:10 PM   #9
Tracyarts

I'm home now.

They never were able to determine a cause for the stroke, just like last time. So, I follow up with a very experienced neurologist as an outpatient next month to keep looking. I wasn't ever transferred for another MRI, because I was stable and my stroke symptoms had resolved. So, that'll be something to do in outpatient treatment.

But, they ruled out a lot of things. And I learned that my heart and arteries are very healthy. Which is good, because now I don't have to worry about that. And the new neurologist will know what not to bother investigating.

They decided not to put me on a stronger blood thinner, but added low dose aspirin to my regimen. And I need to keep walking every day, and adjust my diet a little. But it's nothing extreme or complicated. Some medications were adjusted, and that was about it.

The stroke symptoms all resolved by Tuesday afternoon. There are also no further noticeable physical or cognitive deficits. The only sign it ever happened is a bit of additional damage to my brain that's visible in imaging.

So, basically...

Tracy-2
Stroke-0
Old 04-21-2017, 11:34 PM   #10
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyarts View Post
I'm home now.

They never were able to determine a cause for the stroke, just like last time. So, I follow up with a very experienced neurologist as an outpatient next month to keep looking. I wasn't ever transferred for another MRI, because I was stable and my stroke symptoms had resolved. So, that'll be something to do in outpatient treatment.

But, they ruled out a lot of things. And I learned that my heart and arteries are very healthy. Which is good, because now I don't have to worry about that. And the new neurologist will know what not to bother investigating.

They decided not to put me on a stronger blood thinner, but added low dose aspirin to my regimen. And I need to keep walking every day, and adjust my diet a little. But it's nothing extreme or complicated. Some medications were adjusted, and that was about it.

The stroke symptoms all resolved by Tuesday afternoon. There are also no further noticeable physical or cognitive deficits. The only sign it ever happened is a bit of additional damage to my brain that's visible in imaging.

So, basically...

Tracy-2
Stroke-0
Well you are officially the most badass human being I know. How amazing.

Sorry that they haven't been able to find out the cause yet, that must be worrying to you.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 07:39 PM   #11
moore2me
Lions don't need to spank

moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Blood thinners

Hi Tracy, Sometimes life is BITCH!!!!! I lived with my mom during 39 years of her taking blood thinners. She survived that regime tho, and lived to be over 90 years old. She had to be very careful around knives and anything else that would pierce her skin. Some foods also interfered with with the medication. It was also very helpful when she went thro menapause. Menstrual periods were sometimes bummers.

You can tell your "d*ck wad" of a physician, that if everyone who had his criteria of A1c levels of blood sugar and needed to lose the weight he mentioned, probably would put 1/4 of Americans in dire threats of strokes.

Also, ask him isn't there something in that vow that says . . . . First. do no harm? Your mind is raveaged enough with the strokes without advice that could apply to millions of Americans? Or as I like to put it, a quarter of the shoppers at Walmart. It would be more helpful if such medical advice could be narrowed down a wee bit.

May the force be with you.
M2M
moore2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:22 PM   #12
Tracyarts

Well, I'm not on Coumadin/Warfarin yet. They added low dose aspirin to my Plavix for now.

Thankfully that prick of a doctor was just the hospital staff neurologist, and I'll never have to see him again. I am working on getting my blood glucose under tighter control though, but my endocrinologist says a1c 5 or lower is not always realistic. So my goal is to simply improve it. Since the strokes are still unexplained, I'm working on improving my overall wellness in general.

Next step is outpatient followup with a neurologist to discuss the vasospasm possibility, and with a rheumatologist to discuss possible vasculitis inflammation.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:27 AM   #13
Am Jim

Am Jim does more than just post hot picsAm Jim does more than just post hot picsAm Jim does more than just post hot pics

It's got to be pretty frustrating not knowing what's going on. At least there is quite a bid of good things they are finding out. Plz keep us posted.
Am Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:06 AM   #14
Leem
Leem

Leem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions community

So sorry Tracy.
Leem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 01:58 PM   #15
Tracyarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Jim View Post
It's got to be pretty frustrating not knowing what's going on. At least there is quite a bid of good things they are finding out. Plz keep us posted.
So far, no news. I'm still scheduled to see a new neurologist at the end of the month, he received all of my relevant medical records to review, so hopefully when I see him he will have some ideas of where to go next to try and find a diagnosis.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:46 PM   #16
Tracii

Tracii is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTracii is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTracii is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTracii is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTracii is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTracii is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTracii is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTracii is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTracii is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTracii is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTracii is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I hope they figure it all out and you can get better.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote