Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Clothing/Fashion

Old 08-24-2006, 02:22 PM   #1
seavixen
Ditz Extraordinaire

seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Alright ladies! Jeans - info for sz 32ish and possible sale

Okay! I am on a never-ending quest to find jeans that fit me... that I like. In the course of said journey, I have accumulated a lot of jeans that fit me for a short time (very tightly) and then no longer fit me, or that never fit me to begin with but I never got around to returning or selling. So... I want to gauge possible interest before I start listing on eBay or wherever, because some of them are recent enough purchases that I can just return them.

First off, the info I cited in the topic. For those of you who wear 32, or don't really wear a 32 but can squeeze into some stretchy 32s - here's some info if you haven't tried the Venezia jeans that Lane Bryant (not the catalog) has been selling in size 32 now. I decided to give them a try during the 40% off sale, since you really can't beat that discount and I've been curious anyway; I got a pair of Venezia Supremes in 32 and a pair of their stretch bootcut jeans.

First off, if you haven't bought any and you're thinking about it (they've currently got buy 1 pair get 1 for $10, so now's a decent time as well) I'll give you the fabric info. I really HATE not having the percentages listed, and customer service doesn't know them. So here's the lowdown:

Venezia stretch bootcut jeans are 99% cotton, 1% spandex.
Venezia Supreme in Newport Wash are 97% cotton, 3% spandex.

Here's the weird part... the stretch bootcut jeans fit, and I actually really like them. They're a little snug, but they fit better than one of my pairs of Avenue Denim Lites, and I shouldn't fit into any of them if you go by measurements. The Supremes I cannot wear. I think part of it is that they have a lower rise, and I just can't do lower rise with a high waist and really big hips. Both are much more "jeans" feeling than Denim Lites, though the Supremes are a bit thicker then the others. There's not a lot of stretch in the waist of the Supremes, but I'm really pleased to say that between the two, the sizing is consistent. I held them up together and the waists were pretty much identical in sizing, so perhaps the sizes (if not the fit due to the fabrics/styling/etc) can be relatively counted on.

So if you can wear the Denim Lites from Avenue and you've wanted to try the Venezias, they just might work for you. I'm thinking that they feel like they'll hold their shape better than the Avenues, and frankly I've had some issues with Avenue's quality lately (I've had two pairs from them with faulty zippers, neither of which were on even remotely tight jeans - one was broken when I got them and the other took a little more time, and happened at a low stress moment (standing)).

The sale going right now doesn't apply for the Supremes, but it does apply for the stretch bootcuts, and there are always coupons. Also, they have Venezia Lites now that are cotton/poly/spandex (no idea of the percentages, because I don't have any) which may well be comparable to Avenue's Denim Lites... same composition, if possibly not the same ratios. I'm very tempted to try those; I wish THEY were on the buy one, get one for $10 sale... but the coupons out are almost as good anyway.

So there you have it, the info section. The other part of my post is just that I wanted to see if there is any interest in jeans in the 32 range. Obviously I can return the Supremes at this point, but I'm also willing to sell them for what I paid for 'em + shipping... if I can break even and someone else can get a nice saving, then that's cool with me.

I also have a whole bunch of older jeans that either never fit or didn't fit for long, some almost new and the rest in good used condition. These are in the 32-36 size range, but IMO all fit like 32s. I'm thinking about putting those on eBay regardless of the response here, but I'd still like to get an idea of how much interest there might be. None of them are elastic waist type jeans, and most of them have some stretch. Most are bootcut, some have glitter or beading embellishments.

Anyway! There's that long jean-related post. Hope this helps anyone who was wondering about the Venezias.
seavixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 08:04 PM   #2
Ash
Smash

Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!

Definitely interested! I'm endlessly looking for jeans, and I'm in the 30-32 range. Please let us know if and when you post them on ebay.

Ash is offline   Reply With Quote