Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 06-24-2017, 10:08 AM   #26
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

I cross stitch. The counting and recounting thing can happen with that too, depending on the design. So for me it's more like a half-lazy hobby. My most profane creation only contained the word "bitch." But I would love to do the one largenlovely shared! Here's a partially finished Anne Boleyn I've been working on:

Aside from that, I play video games, overwhelm my puppies with torturous affection, or watch a wide variety of youtube videos. Sometimes I'll gravitate to binge-watching a series, if the bug bites hard enough.
Old 06-24-2017, 01:31 PM   #27
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Odette - at first sight I thought it was Jane Seymour. Since Anne Boleyn is normally easily recognized as the only one of Henry VIII's 6 wives who was dark-haired. It looks great - as you see the time period & setting was easy to spot.

I used to do regular embroidery, not so much cross-stich, when I had more situations were I sat somewhere as passive audience for longer stretches of time (school, university...).

Today I knit every once now and then. I'm especially productive during international football/soccer tournaments. A group of friends will always get together to watch "important" games, that's always 2 hours - enough time to make a significant number of rows knitted.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:10 AM   #28
swamptoad
Berry Good!

swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!

I forgot to mention Netflix. There's a Movie list and a TV Show list that I've been working on.

I've noticed that you can try a variety of keywords to find what you are looking for .....like Freeform, Starz, Hallmark, Disney, Showtime, 80s, 90s, 60s, 70s, amc, a&e, academy award ..etc ....the results in the search vary somewhat ..... but it seems to help.
Old 06-25-2017, 03:31 PM   #29
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
Odette - at first sight I thought it was Jane Seymour. Since Anne Boleyn is normally easily recognized as the only one of Henry VIII's 6 wives who was dark-haired. It looks great - as you see the time period & setting was easy to spot.

I used to do regular embroidery, not so much cross-stich, when I had more situations were I sat somewhere as passive audience for longer stretches of time (school, university...).

Today I knit every once now and then. I'm especially productive during international football/soccer tournaments. A group of friends will always get together to watch "important" games, that's always 2 hours - enough time to make a significant number of rows knitted.
There's just something relaxing about needlework, isn't there? It really is good for those drawn-out boring situations too.

And thank you for the compliment! She does have dark hair, this cross-stitch Anne. That yellowy gold is the ridge of her gable hood. You can see a little tuft of brown hair poking out beneath it I have all the other wives too, but I decided to play favourites and start with Anne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamptoad View Post
I forgot to mention Netflix. There's a Movie list and a TV Show list that I've been working on.

I've noticed that you can try a variety of keywords to find what you are looking for .....like Freeform, Starz, Hallmark, Disney, Showtime, 80s, 90s, 60s, 70s, amc, a&e, academy award ..etc ....the results in the search vary somewhat ..... but it seems to help.
I'd be so thrilled to find a Netflix-like service that allowed you to pay per series instead. I suppose there's Amazon Video. But it's too pricey here in SA.