Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Clothing/Fashion

Old 11-24-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default UGH Uggs

I am one to poke fun at the people who wear "da boots wit da fir". I was discussing it at work today and found out that they are allowed in our business casual policy. Because I hate wearing heels, I want a pair. I am thinking of getting the EMU brand in black. Is it tacky to wear the knock offs? I don't feel the need to invest 140 dollars in a pair of boots. Also, since EMUs are half the price, is the quality the same?

HONEST THOUGHTS PLEASE
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:30 AM   #2
SocialbFly
I am keeping Tina!

SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.

i was looking at some knockoffs too, i dont care who makes them as long as they are comfortable...

little known fact...the Ugg brand used to be australian, and an american company bought them....sigh...

Medical advisor to the Mayor of Fatopia :)
SocialbFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:01 AM   #3
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I don't think knockoffs are a bad idea. I like the Madden ankle boots with the side ribbon-ties, a style that UGG doesn't make (at least, not anymore, as far as I can tell).

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:37 AM   #4
Inhibited

Inhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging in

I want a pair of uggs too but i have the same problem i have with boots my legs are too fat, and uggs don't stretch
Inhibited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:44 AM   #5
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialbFly View Post
i was looking at some knockoffs too, i dont care who makes them as long as they are comfortable...

little known fact...the Ugg brand used to be australian, and an american company bought them....sigh...
Uggs were an Aussie institution.
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:19 AM   #6
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhibited View Post
I want a pair of uggs too but i have the same problem i have with boots my legs are too fat, and uggs don't stretch
From what I see on the website, they have a short and mini pair. I am going to get the short version. I don't want to be calf deep in fur.

Last edited by toni; 11-25-2009 at 07:24 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:13 PM   #7
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

just promise that you won't wear them with fleece shorts that say "JUICY" on your butt
Old 11-30-2009, 06:28 PM   #8
luscious_lulu
Boobzilla

luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy girl View Post
just promise that you won't wear them with fleece shorts that say "JUICY" on your butt
Had I been drinking anything when I read this, I would have spit it out when I started to laugh!
luscious_lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:50 PM   #9
toni
In the know

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy girl View Post
Damn, too late! LOL

So, I picked up my pair of EMU's on Wed. Love them. They are quality and were half the price of Uggs. I got the low black pair. Beware they run very big. I wear a 9 1/2. Got a 9 and they are still huge. I should have picked up the 8. SUPER comfortable.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:23 PM   #10
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have a pink pair from walmart that i shovel snow in, hahahahaha. WALMART.

I want a pair of real ones (well, not REAL uggs... but better than walmart snow shoveling cheapies). I tried on a pair in payless (do not laugh) the other day and fell in love. I fear that if i buy them... i will wear them everyday.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:45 PM   #11
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have a real pair of Ugg's, as well as two pairs of other assorted boots. But then I live in Alaska. So for me, it's necessary warm winter gear and I wear them a good part of the year. They're inCREDibly warm, and go great with skirts. My daughter has a black pair that she recently paired up with wool tights and a short jean skirt and she looked adorable. Alaska chic?
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:50 PM   #12
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

BubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging in

Also please do not wear them in the summertime with those shorts and a tank top..I think they made that website "People of Walmart" about people from Okla!

Only two miracles are worth seeing:
The miracle of loving
And
The miracle of forgiving-Sri Chinmoy
BubbleButtBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:33 AM   #13
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

don't forget the bikini/uggs combo. outta sight!

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:01 AM   #14
Red

Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Wherever they're from, wear 'em with pride...

I have a pair of Uggs and a pair of short Emu's, the Emu's are the best quality by far, thicker harder wearing sole and thicker wool. I just love the Uggs because they're green and woolly and ever so comfy, so what's not to love?

People who slate them just have too much time on their hands in my eyes, if something is comfy and make's you smile who gives a fluff.

Big up the furry tootsies!
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:46 PM   #15
cherylharrell
Always Mikes Big Girl

cherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going on

Are the Payless ones in wide width? I'd love to have some but can't find any anywhere in wide width...
Old 12-02-2009, 10:03 PM   #16
StarWitness
part square, part drape

StarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I was at Target the other day and saw Ugg knockoff ballet flats. They were so freaking adorable! I would have gotten a pair, except that there were none left in 8 1/2. BOO.

I've always been a guy with a sweet tooth, and that girl's just like a king-size candy bar...
--Sleater-Kinney
StarWitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:46 PM   #17
elle camino
shitclock's tickin.

elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!

I <3 Red.moretextmoretext
elle camino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #18
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

would uggs or emus fit 21 inch calves?
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:53 PM   #19
toni
In the know

You can get the short ones, they don't go up to your calves.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:30 PM   #20
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I have a knock off pair from Torrid that I got last Christmas from my mom.. they're so warm and comfy (and fit my calves easily! woo!) However, the soles are foam-ish material and therefore do not mix well with ice. Does anyone know if regular Uggs or Emus work better on ice/snow? I don't want to be slipping everywhere.. especially if I'm paying like $150 bucks to do it.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:16 PM   #21
toni
In the know

I have a sheet of ice good enough to skate on outside my garage. I will test my emus on it tomorrow for you.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:18 PM   #22
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni View Post
I have a sheet of ice good enough to skate on outside my garage. I will test my emus on it tomorrow for you.
Thank you!
Old 12-13-2009, 08:06 AM   #23
Aust99

Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I more my uggs in the UK last year... one day when walking to work I slipped on some ice... down a small hill... Not fun!! They are deliciously warm and comfortable but not for walking near ice.. or snow (they get wet).
Aust99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:08 PM   #24
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

Ah I was afraid of that. I need boots that are both cute and also wearable in snow & ice.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:27 PM   #25
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni View Post
Toni? Toni? Are you still slip sliding around? Man, I hope she had someone come out there with her, if only to take a picture.