Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 07-03-2011, 11:07 PM   #2526
gangstadawg
the wanderer

gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Rose View Post
I'm playing Chrono Trigger.

(my name is not jen but whatever)
im playing chrono trigger crimson echoes. the fan made sequel.
gangstadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:42 AM   #2527
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangstadawg View Post
im playing chrono trigger crimson echoes. the fan made sequel.
damn remember Chrono Ressurection? so much potential. love the Chrono series man,and then there was Chrono Break that never got of the ground,damn man...
Old 07-04-2011, 07:49 PM   #2528
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I finally got to play Ocarina of Time today! I was in line behind Max and hubby. We couldn't play until we got a classic remote to hook into the wii.. (darn wires!!) It's as fun as the multiple times i played years ago. It's sort of making me want to hook the n64 up to my bedroom tv to play
Old 07-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #2529
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Forgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
It's sort of making me want to hook the n64 up to my bedroom tv to play
Do it! Do it! All the cool kids are!
Old 07-04-2011, 09:08 PM   #2530
Edens_heel

Edens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Started playing FFIV on the PSP - love the slightly better graphics and rearranged soundtrack - that right there is enough for me to get sucked in again. I don't remember the game ever being this easy, though.
Edens_heel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #2531
Edens_heel

Edens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDuty24 View Post
damn remember Chrono Ressurection? so much potential. love the Chrono series man,and then there was Chrono Break that never got of the ground,damn man...
You know, I love Trigger and Cross (I bought Trigger on the day it came out on the SNES and it's still in my top 5 of all time - actually had to cross the border into the US to get it as that was before we had same day releases - and I've probably beaten Trigger close to 30 times, all of it because I was CONVINCED I could find Schala somewhere...), but they are so good - yes even Cross - that I would rather the series just end on a high note than face the fate of FFXIII and FFXIV. Square has a tendency to beat their sequels into the ground. Maybe it's best we count our blessings that they haven't abused the Chrono series like they do so many others.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #2532
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens_heel View Post
You know, I love Trigger and Cross (I bought Trigger on the day it came out on the SNES and it's still in my top 5 of all time - actually had to cross the border into the US to get it as that was before we had same day releases - and I've probably beaten Trigger close to 30 times, all of it because I was CONVINCED I could find Schala somewhere...), but they are so good - yes even Cross - that I would rather the series just end on a high note than face the fate of FFXIII and FFXIV. Square has a tendency to beat their sequels into the ground. Maybe it's best we count our blessings that they haven't abused the Chrono series like they do so many others.
o i see what you mean,X-2 was alittle too much.Trigger was an excellent game,Cross was good too,although it was so different from Trigger,it was still great with an excellent soundtrack,both Trigger and Cross soundtracks were great.

the Chrono series is one of the best series from Square,i mean the fan in me would love another entry to the series,although i would rather Sqaure lean towards the Trigger side of things.FF XIII wasn't a bad game,but it didn't have that heartfelt feel like i got with FFX you know.FFXIV is terrible i hear,i haven't played it yet.

i remember my bro rented Chrono Trigger and i was like 11,i played the heck out of it,we rented it over and over,although i didn't get the game till much later,but i remember buying Cross when it first came out.it is in my top 5 too man,i totally agree.if there is somehow another game in the Chrono series i want Toriyama back on art and character design.i still play Cross and Trigger till this day,i always will...
Old 07-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #2533
disconnectedsmile
RATING: AWESOME

disconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens_heel View Post
Started playing FFIV on the PSP - love the slightly better graphics and rearranged soundtrack - that right there is enough for me to get sucked in again. I don't remember the game ever being this easy, though.
i think it's based off the GBA version, which was based off the "easy type" version of the game.
have you tried the DS remake? IT'S SO HARD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Snackbar View Post
"I'M A ZEBRA, I'M A ZEBRA, FUCK YOU, I'M A ZEBRA!"
disconnectedsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #2534
Your Plump Princess
Just dancing with shadows

Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!

Supposedly I can hook game systems up to my Failbob TV. [Hand-me-up from my younger brother since my decent one died. ] So I'm going to take my N64 and try it tomorrow.

I've also got a hold on "Wario Land Shake It!" For Wii. I'm kind of excited to play it. Lol!
Old 07-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #2535
MissHoney

MissHoney can now change their title

Still playing WoW... nice to have some more variety with 4.2. My friend introduced me to this adorable game called Eden Eternal and so I'm puttering around on there now and then.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #2536
gangstadawg
the wanderer

gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDuty24 View Post
i remember all of that. im glad that crimson echoes got leaked though.
gangstadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #2537
Edens_heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnectedsmile View Post
i think it's based off the GBA version, which was based off the "easy type" version of the game.
have you tried the DS remake? IT'S SO HARD.
No, the GBA wasn't based on the Easy type - it had the Japanese easy type end boss in there as a bonus fight at the end, but they actually did base it off the Japanese original, I remember they just tweaked the opening to make it easier. As you get further into the GBA version, its difficulty diverges from the American SNES version and it does get harder - especially the moon. Because I played the SNES FFII recently, and it's shockingly easy - even more so than the GBA and PSP ones. You can more or less waltz straight through to the end on that one. The PS1 iteration is closest to the original Japanese, despite shit load times. And yes, I've tried and kind of hate the DS one - don't even like its aesthetic. I love that this one is the same looks and feel as the original with just prettied up sound and visuals - really, if they would just do this exact same treatment for VI I could die happy.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:20 PM   #2538
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten_Futures View Post
Do it! Do it! All the cool kids are!
I plan on it VERY soon!! I have to find the wire in Max's room so i can hook it to the TV. It's somewhere in his room. I WILL get it hooked up to my tv!!
Old 07-05-2011, 10:52 PM   #2539
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangstadawg View Post
i remember all of that. im glad that crimson echoes got leaked though.

o yes your right that did get leaked.lol Ressurection was awesome,that would have been a damn good remake.that was some heart and dedication right there.it was like how bombergames did for SORR.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:38 AM   #2540
Mathias
SAMCRO

Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I got rid of Marvel vs Capcom 3 for Mortal Kombat 9 and regret nothing, I'm having a blast with it. MvC3 had limitless DLC potential and save for that stupid shadow mode content and two lame characters the game has nothing going for it. I've had MK9 for 36 hours and I've gotten 2 new characters, and classic MK1 costumes, and more DLC on the way. I think I made the right choice.

My wishlist
Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:42 AM   #2541
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

More LoL.

(Another Player) - Xin Zhao, why are you mid?
(Me)- Because I EAT SQUISHES! lol

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:47 AM   #2542
disconnectedsmile

disconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I got rid of Marvel vs Capcom 3 for Mortal Kombat 9 and regret nothing, I'm having a blast with it. MvC3 had limitless DLC potential and save for that stupid shadow mode content and two lame characters the game has nothing going for it. I've had MK9 for 36 hours and I've gotten 2 new characters, and classic MK1 costumes, and more DLC on the way. I think I made the right choice.
REALLY glad to hear you like it, man.
it is a blast. it's basically a love letter to everything that made the old MK trilogy great (bestill my fanboy heart), while having a modern feel and keeping a few of the better features of the 3D MK games.

the story mode is actually pretty interesting (and lets you unlock 2 characters), and the challenge tower will keep you busy for a while.
it does something that very very few fighting games can boast - single player mode is just as fun as multiplayer.

did you get the free costumes, too?

Quote:
Old 07-06-2011, 09:12 AM   #2543
Mathias
SAMCRO

Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
REALLY glad to hear you like it, man.
it is a blast. it's basically a love letter to everything that made the old MK trilogy great (bestill my fanboy heart), while having a modern feel and keeping a few of the better features of the 3D MK games.

the story mode is actually pretty interesting (and lets you unlock 2 characters), and the challenge tower will keep you busy for a while.
it does something that very very few fighting games can boast - single player mode is just as fun as multiplayer.

did you get the free costumes, too?
Yep. Haven't used them yet though because I'm still getting used to the controls. I'm not a fan of pressing a button to block.

My wishlist
Old 07-06-2011, 02:20 PM   #2544
FredtheFA

FredtheFA has said some nice things

I'm currently playing Fable 3 right now. I think it's pretty good.
FredtheFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:41 PM   #2545
Mathias
SAMCRO

I'm not going through 300 challenges just for a single costume of Mileena wrapped up in a few lines of cloth. Screw that.

My wishlist
Old 07-11-2011, 01:01 PM   #2546
Mathias
SAMCRO

Hyper Ultra Mega Marvel vs Capcom 3 in 5...4...3...2...

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/7/8...comic-con.html

And the worst part is, I'll probably still buy it.

My wishlist
Old 07-11-2011, 01:38 PM   #2547
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

Ugh so my TV doesn't have enough outlets for my blu ray and the n64. We are so going out tonight to get a switch for it!! I watch netflix to bed every night so i had to make a tough choice.. so no n64 for another day

I'm in the fire temple of Ocarina of Time. It's sort of tedious when you fall several floors down cuz the darn angle changes at inopportune times. I remember getting pissed at those angle changes years ago.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #2548
disconnectedsmile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Hyper Ultra Mega Marvel vs Capcom 3 in 5...4...3...2...

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/7/8...comic-con.html

And the worst part is, I'll probably still buy it.
to be followed by new DLC - Super Hyper Ultra Mega Marvel vs Capcom 3: HD Remix DX Arcade Edition

...i can't support Capcom anymore. between things like this and their shitty DRM tactics, and the fact that they've all but cancelled Mega Man Legends 3 before they even started developing it, they don't deserve any of my cash.

Quote:
Old 07-11-2011, 02:40 PM   #2549
Mathias
SAMCRO

Quote:
to be followed by new DLC - Super Hyper Ultra Mega Marvel vs Capcom 3: HD Remix DX Arcade Edition

...i can't support Capcom anymore. between things like this and their shitty DRM tactics, and the fact that they've all but cancelled Mega Man Legends 3 before they even started developing it, they don't deserve any of my cash.
I'm with you. This game is going to need one hell of an overhaul on all fronts to get me to buy it again.

My wishlist
Old 07-11-2011, 06:41 PM   #2550
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Forgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
I'm in the fire temple of Ocarina of Time. It's sort of tedious when you fall several floors down cuz the darn angle changes at inopportune times. I remember getting pissed at those angle changes years ago.
I seem to recall there being a way to lock the camera behind you. I forget what it is, though. Z?

Tags
nerds, video game