Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 07-12-2011, 02:05 PM   #2551
PastaRunner

PastaRunner can now change their title

I ended my World of Warcraft subscription after it ran nonstop from Feb 2005 to June 2011. After six years, the changes introduced by Cataclysm managed to remove my primary reasons for playing. For at least five years, I took my max level Alliance priest solo into Orgrimmar and had fun messing with the Horde (and killing them too!). Now everything is messed up with flying guards that I can't deaggro, guards hitting too hard, and the changes in Orgrimmar not allowing me to use the strategies I relied on for five years. I gave the changes a chance for six months but I couldn't find a way to have my fun anymore.

So now I've been giving Minecraft a try lately. And playing some Starcraft 2 matches every once in a while. And working on making my own video game.

I miss the old Orgrimmar...
PastaRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:11 PM   #2552
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten_Futures View Post
I seem to recall there being a way to lock the camera behind you. I forget what it is, though. Z?
The problem with the angle changes is when you'd be walking a narrow path and all of a sudden the view changes then you plunge into the depths of the temple.. Then i'd have to work my way back up.. It's sort of annoyance. Z does help change the angle of vision. I'm still too used to modern games that you can change the viewpoint so easily. I'm still enjoying the game. I just get mad at it sometimes

It might also be the clunkiness of using the controller to play n64 games on the wii.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:51 PM   #2553
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Forgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging in

Z is perfect for narrow paths, because IIRC it only lets you move (or jump) in straight lines.

Also, remember that the joystick lets you move slowly if you want to - you don't have to do a breakneck run all the time if you don't want to.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:16 PM   #2554
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

That's the problem with our current controller. It's too twitchy to do precise movements. We're contemplating buying a different controller. I might also start again using the n64 if it continues to anger me. We're talking about buying the wii brand classic remote, hoping it'd work a little better. This other one doesn't allow for precise movements. Part of the frustration.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #2555
disconnectedsmile
RATING: AWESOME

disconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Thumbs up

got Modnation Racers for the PS3 - i'd been itching to play it for quite some time.

for those who don't know, Modnation Racers is pretty much a very customizable Mario Kart clone, where you can design characters, cars, and even tracks.
you can also upload your creations, and download stuff made by others.
there is an infinite amount of content here - no hyperbole.

the actual racing part of the game takes a little adjustment, but once you learn how to handle the driving, the game feels just as tight as any Mario Kart game.

the creation tools are amazing, though. easy to use, but in-depth enough to where you can create just about anything you can think of.

i took the unimaginative route and made a character of myself:

i also made a cool little car that i call "Black Bat."

i can highly recommend this game to any PS3 player who enjoys driving games, or tooling around with creation features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Snackbar View Post
"I'M A ZEBRA, I'M A ZEBRA, FUCK YOU, I'M A ZEBRA!"
disconnectedsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #2556
Your Plump Princess
Just dancing with shadows

Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!

Just playing the Sonic Mega Collection in between DDR. I wish I could play it on an actual Sega Genesis.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:31 PM   #2557
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Got Plants vs. Zombies for the 360, and I'm even more addicted than I was playing it on my netbook

Braaaaaainnnnns.

I've been playing SceneIt? on 360 to, with a group every night, so far I'm 10/1 almost undefeated.
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #2558
Proner
Scruffy Scruffy

Proner is a pillar of the Dimensions communityProner is a pillar of the Dimensions communityProner is a pillar of the Dimensions communityProner is a pillar of the Dimensions communityProner is a pillar of the Dimensions communityProner is a pillar of the Dimensions communityProner is a pillar of the Dimensions communityProner is a pillar of the Dimensions communityProner is a pillar of the Dimensions communityProner is a pillar of the Dimensions communityProner is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Patapon 3 on PSP, pretty addictive and those little bubbly cyclops are so adorable
Old 07-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #2559
Adamantoise
Adamantine Tortoise

Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and GTA: Liberty City Stories.
Adamantoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:02 PM   #2560
Your Plump Princess

Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!

;D Found my Sega Genesis Collection disc [PS2] so I've been working away at my two favorite games on it!

Old 07-15-2011, 11:12 AM   #2561
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

I need opinions before I buy: San Andreas or Vice City? I've been told GTA 3 doesn't even compare =/ Thoughts?
Old 07-15-2011, 11:14 AM   #2562
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
I need opinions before I buy: San Andreas or Vice City? I've been told GTA 3 doesn't even compare =/ Thoughts?
Oh, buy VC for sure (should be super cheap, too).

Someone here will probably vote for each option, though, making this poll somewhat useless
Old 07-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #2563
gangstadawg
the wanderer

gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
get both. but SA is a bigger game over all. well i should sa longer game. VC is short in comparison plus SA has more cars and more weapons. i got the pc version just for modding though and not for the hot coffee mod.

mods i added were stuff like this

Last edited by gangstadawg; 07-15-2011 at 03:44 PM.
gangstadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:30 PM   #2564
Adamantoise
Adamantine Tortoise

Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I haven't played much of San Andreas,but I loved Vice City and it's hilarious dialogue.
Adamantoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #2565
Magusz

Magusz has said some nice things

Quote:
Vice City is a classic, a fantastic game! It's the best GTA game, in my opinion!
Magusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:34 PM   #2566
Magusz

Magusz has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Plump Princess View Post
;D Found my Sega Genesis Collection disc [PS2] so I've been working away at my two favorite games on it!

ha i remember comix zone! I played it a lot in my childhood! If i'm not wrong it's not an easy game...(or maybe it was hard because i was too little )
Magusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:59 PM   #2567
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Forgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
That's the problem with our current controller. It's too twitchy to do precise movements. We're contemplating buying a different controller. I might also start again using the n64 if it continues to anger me. We're talking about buying the wii brand classic remote, hoping it'd work a little better. This other one doesn't allow for precise movements. Part of the frustration.
You've got a third party Wiimote?
Old 07-15-2011, 07:58 PM   #2568
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten_Futures View Post
You've got a third party Wiimote?
Yeah it was a third party game cube remote that you can use for old downloaded games. We went and got the wii brand classic one last night and it's a lot less twitchy, now i just have to retrain my fingers to use it
Old 07-15-2011, 07:59 PM   #2569
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Quote:
I'd personally say neither. I got both in a package deal on Steam, but I've played GTA4 and the GFX and control differences were too jarring for me to handle.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:24 PM   #2570
Broadside

Broadside has super-sized repBroadside has super-sized repBroadside has super-sized repBroadside has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I'm not going through 300 challenges just for a single costume of Mileena wrapped up in a few lines of cloth. Screw that.
I did... but I was bored that weekend. You can buy your way through any challenge you want though. I kept 50k for the last challenge which is basically destroying every single character possible in one life. This includes bosses.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:56 PM   #2571
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Just downloaded and started playing VC. Seems awesome so far. I have a Mac, so those are the only choices for me, until I get bootcamp running.

Thanks for the input everyone
Old 07-15-2011, 11:06 PM   #2572
Your Plump Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magusz View Post
ha i remember comix zone! I played it a lot in my childhood! If i'm not wrong it's not an easy game...(or maybe it was hard because i was too little )
It IS hard, roflmao.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:59 PM   #2573
gangstadawg
the wanderer

gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Just downloaded and started playing VC. Seems awesome so far. I have a Mac, so those are the only choices for me, until I get bootcamp running.

Thanks for the input everyone
depends on how powerful you mac is. if its a newer mac than it should be no prob to an extent since macs have limatations on graphics card selections. but since those are older GTA games should be no prob.
gangstadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:39 AM   #2574
Your Plump Princess

Almost done with Decap Attack, and then I think I'll play Phantasy Star 2.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:07 AM   #2575
disconnectedsmile
RATING: AWESOME

disconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Plump Princess View Post
It IS hard, roflmao.
Comix Zone really is hard. this is back in the days when games didn't baby their players with tutorials on everything. i miss those days.
if i want my hand held through a game, i'll play easy mode.
i don't like stopping my gameplay to hear about how a key works 100 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Snackbar View Post
"I'M A ZEBRA, I'M A ZEBRA, FUCK YOU, I'M A ZEBRA!"
disconnectedsmile is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nerds, video game