Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 07-18-2011, 09:16 AM   #2576
Chimpi
into the shining sun

Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
I need opinions before I buy: San Andreas or Vice City? I've been told GTA 3 doesn't even compare =/ Thoughts?
Neither. Get Just Cause 2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BOtdFUDdFI
Old 07-20-2011, 09:13 AM   #2577
Mathias
SAMCRO

Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Totally called it.

Quote:
In a press release initially posted by Shadowloo.com, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and its details were revealed today. More details are assumed to be coming in the next couple of hours.
Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, and Marvel Entertainment today announced that Ultimate Marvel® vs. Capcom® 3 is in development for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will take the epic battle to all new heights with new iconic characters from the Marvel and Capcom universes, a refined fighting system, eight new stages and new modes when it releases this November for the low MSRP of $39.99.

The highly acclaimed fighting game adds 12 new legends to the robust Marvel vs. Capcom 3 roster, bringing the total overall roster of characters up to 50. The first new characters revealed for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 include much-requested Capcom character Strider who slashes his way into the fray along with Ghost ‘n Goblins™ villain Firebrand. On the Marvel side, Ghost Rider will finally exercise his vengeance and Hawkeye will pick apart foes. More characters will be revealed in the coming months.

In addition to characters, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 features a host of enhancements and new features to improve the game’s balance and online functionality. One of the biggest additions to Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is the fan-requested Spectator Mode, which allows fighters to watch live online matches together. With multiple improvements and 12 new characters, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 brings home the ultimate fighting experience for newcomers and pros alike.
Link

So I basically paid $60 for a damn beta Last February? Screw you Capcom.

My wishlist

Last edited by Mathias; 07-20-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:28 AM   #2578
disconnectedsmile
RATING: AWESOME

disconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Angry Why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Totally called it.

Link

So I basically paid $60 for a damn beta Last February? Screw you Capcom.
because of things like that...
and because of this: Mega Man Legends 3 officially canceled...
and also because of this: Capcom crushes replay value of new game by making saved games permanent...
and especially because of this: Final Fight: Double Impact's PSN requirement is anti-sharing DRM...
i am NEVER going to buy a new Capcom game ever ever again.

new Capcom games are now in the list of "things that aren't allowed where i live," along with new Activision games, and Marvel Comics action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Snackbar View Post
"I'M A ZEBRA, I'M A ZEBRA, FUCK YOU, I'M A ZEBRA!"
disconnectedsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #2579
danielson123
Seasick Sailorboy

danielson123 makes people happy simply by logging indanielson123 makes people happy simply by logging indanielson123 makes people happy simply by logging indanielson123 makes people happy simply by logging indanielson123 makes people happy simply by logging indanielson123 makes people happy simply by logging indanielson123 makes people happy simply by logging indanielson123 makes people happy simply by logging indanielson123 makes people happy simply by logging in

Seeking out a disk 2 of Legend of Dragoon for my continued nostalgia trip.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:24 AM   #2580
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielson123 View Post
Seeking out a disk 2 of Legend of Dragoon for my continued nostalgia trip.
dude..LOVE THAT GAME! sure it was basicly a FF7 rip-off pretty much but i honestly still enjoyed it.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:08 AM   #2581
Your Plump Princess
Just dancing with shadows

Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!

I finished Decap Attack the other day, so I've been playing Comix Zone (and "Sonic and Tails" when I get too frustrated with it.) Yay old games!
Old 07-21-2011, 05:10 AM   #2582
Your Plump Princess

Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnectedsmile View Post
Comix Zone really is hard. this is back in the days when games didn't baby their players with tutorials on everything. i miss those days.
if i want my hand held through a game, i'll play easy mode.
i don't like stopping my gameplay to hear about how a key works 100 times.
I noticed a lot of games these days are irritatingly easier. I mean, sure I get flat pissed when I can't do something right, but the feeling when I finally DO get it? Priceless! There's just no real satisfaction anymore. IMO
Old 07-21-2011, 08:53 AM   #2583
disconnectedsmile

disconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Plump Princess View Post
I noticed a lot of games these days are irritatingly easier. I mean, sure I get flat pissed when I can't do something right, but the feeling when I finally DO get it? Priceless! There's just no real satisfaction anymore. IMO
What If Super Mario Bros. Was Made Today?
"Remember you can start this tutorial over again by pressing Select!"

Quote:
Old 07-21-2011, 07:04 PM   #2584
Mathias
SAMCRO

Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.

One, two, Freddy's coming for you...

My wishlist
Old 07-21-2011, 07:13 PM   #2585
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I am so happy. I finally found the PSP! I loaned it to Max's friend for a week and then wanted to put it somewhere out of sight so he wouldn't ask to borrow it again. (i was so nervous lending it but he's a good kid and we like his mom) Now that we have it i can play little big planet on it again and install the free psp games we got with the whole PSN debacle. Meggie's happy
Old 07-21-2011, 10:17 PM   #2586
gangstadawg
the wanderer

gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
WTF!!! whats next the creature from jeepers creepers?
gangstadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:06 PM   #2587
disconnectedsmile

Quote:
no sir, i don't like it.
now, i bought the new Mortal Kombat the day it came out. i love it. i play it regularly. it's the best fighting game i, personally, have played this console generation.
BUT... Freddy Kruger is not something i want to play $5 for. i can understand $5 for Rain, Kenshi, or Skarlett. but Freddy seems like he would have been better as an on-disc easter egg (kinda like Kratos on the PS3 version).
as it is, i think coercing a gamer into spending $20 on DLC after spending $60 on a game is questionable.
i miss the days of getting a complete game for one purchase price.

Quote:
Old 07-22-2011, 02:14 AM   #2588
Your Plump Princess

Quote:
W-W-W-W-Why ... Why would you post something so terrible?
/Cries.

That was .. stomach-churning-ly scary. Mostly because it's true. : p
Old 07-22-2011, 07:22 AM   #2589
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I remember when a game's tutorial was called reading the goddam manual. I don't mind if it's unintrusive in a game, but too often it feels like obstruction rather than instruction. Dead Space- for the three minutes I played it before freaking out- felt like it did it right by having the instruction for you as you went through the opening stuff.

Achievements I've got no major issue with (but I don't have an XBox, so I don't really know how bad it can get). I think, though, that they ought to be more geared towards out-of-the-way stuff (side-quests, in addition to material rewards) or more skilled accomplishments (completing things in a certain amount of time) rather than "Kill an enemy with a grenade" or "Decapitate 50 enemies".

Paying for extra stuff is kind of ridiculous, though. I play WoW, so I pay to play the game itself, but I don't mind that; I'm not going to be shelling out extra money for pets or mounts, though, and I rather like that system, where you don't have to pay actual money for things necessary to complete the game, just for vanity items and the like. And in Flash games? It's bullshit. All well and good to be able to buy gold with money, or to finish building faster, but to withhold necessary resources from those who don't wish to spent actual cash on the game is just absurd.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:39 AM   #2590
Mathias
SAMCRO

Quote:
no sir, i don't like it.
now, i bought the new Mortal Kombat the day it came out. i love it. i play it regularly. it's the best fighting game i, personally, have played this console generation.
BUT... Freddy Kruger is not something i want to play $5 for. i can understand $5 for Rain, Kenshi, or Skarlett. but Freddy seems like he would have been better as an on-disc easter egg (kinda like Kratos on the PS3 version).
as it is, i think coercing a gamer into spending $20 on DLC after spending $60 on a game is questionable.
i miss the days of getting a complete game for one purchase price.
I thought he'd have been 360 exclusive to make up for the PS3 getting Kratos. Oh well, I can't wait for him. I barely remember any of those characters from the Ps2 Mortal Kombat's anyway. I wanted something new.

My wishlist
Old 07-22-2011, 06:21 PM   #2591
Your Plump Princess

Playing Sonic 2 now, taking a break from Comix Zone before I throw something through something and kill them both with fire. >=(
Old 07-22-2011, 07:19 PM   #2592
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Forgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
I remember when a game's tutorial was called reading the goddam manual. I don't mind if it's unintrusive in a game, but too often it feels like obstruction rather than instruction. Dead Space- for the three minutes I played it before freaking out- felt like it did it right by having the instruction for you as you went through the opening stuff.

Achievements I've got no major issue with (but I don't have an XBox, so I don't really know how bad it can get). I think, though, that they ought to be more geared towards out-of-the-way stuff (side-quests, in addition to material rewards) or more skilled accomplishments (completing things in a certain amount of time) rather than "Kill an enemy with a grenade" or "Decapitate 50 enemies".

Paying for extra stuff is kind of ridiculous, though. I play WoW, so I pay to play the game itself, but I don't mind that; I'm not going to be shelling out extra money for pets or mounts, though, and I rather like that system, where you don't have to pay actual money for things necessary to complete the game, just for vanity items and the like. And in Flash games? It's bullshit. All well and good to be able to buy gold with money, or to finish building faster, but to withhold necessary resources from those who don't wish to spent actual cash on the game is just absurd.
Yeah, cash for vanity items I don't mind. Gold Ammo, on the other hand, will make me quit/avoid a game.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:02 PM   #2593
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

LoL and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction.

Still kicking butt with my amazon (Pizza_Box lol), but out of nowhere bought Annie on LoL with the free RP they gave us. I refuse to pay for a free game. lol

I love eating squishies (Annie included lol), and she's burned a hole in my head many a times, but I'm getting better with her. I ambush people, and have been pretty helpful to my team.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:06 PM   #2594
Mathias
SAMCRO

I fired up Tekken 6 for the first time in a while. I bought it for PSP and the disc broke and I wasn't able to find it anywhere until about a week ago. Bob kicks ass!

My wishlist
Old 07-25-2011, 08:18 AM   #2595
elina86

elina86 can now change their title

During the past two weekends I've played Mario Party games,
2 and 8 respectively, and I've had a lot of fun playing them
alone and with my brother.
elina86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:54 PM   #2596
Mozz

Mozz can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMozz can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'm back to playing modern warfare 2 love this game!
Mozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:38 PM   #2597
Your Plump Princess

<3 Sonic 1, making me all Grrrrr too.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:35 PM   #2598
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

R & C Size Matters on the PSP. Oh yeah!
Old 07-26-2011, 04:17 AM   #2599
Your Plump Princess

Wario Land-- Shake it! for Wii. It's half fun, half a pain in my ass, but all awesome 'cause my brother and I take turns playing it.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #2600
Mozz

Mozz can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMozz can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Hey whoever has 360 hit me up I'm looking for friends to game with
Mozz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nerds, video game