Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 09-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #2751
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Forgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by seavixen View Post
Sanitarium on the PC was an amazing game... way ahead of its time, great story, great graphics... but it had some of the best-worst voice acting I've ever heard. The guy manages to sound both bored and shocked at the same time, all the time.

I've heard some truly horrible voice acting on new games, too though - seems like it's worse on Japanese titles that have been translated and dubbed. They tend to cross out of the hilariously bad zone and back into the plain old bad, where I just want to put on the original voice acting with English subtitles.
In recent years I've been finding SquareEnix titles particularly lackluster in the VA and Story departments. Another common source of poor voice acting is RPG titles from obscure European developers. For instance, my most recent favorite Obscure European Title, Divinity 2, fell prey to widely varying VA quality. Disciples 3 also has widely varying VA quality.

Aside from blockbuster titles, like those from Bioware, I've been paying increasing attention to games which don't even HAVE voice acting, or are voiced by the same Indie team that developed the rest of the game.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:42 PM   #2752
BLK360

BLK360 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBLK360 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
I've been wanting to try this out . . . modifying weapons eh?
Ya, like weight plates on a crow bar, or nails in a baseball bat. Electric knives and machetes, even a super heated fire axe.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:50 PM   #2753
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Does anyone here use an Android tablet for gaming? (Or.an iPad if that's what you've got -- some titles are available on both platforms.)

Any recommendations besides the inevitable Angry Birds?

-Rusty
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:31 PM   #2754
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

First game of Dominion on LoL. Oh shiiiiii lol

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:51 AM   #2755
elina86

elina86 can now change their title

Recently I've been playing mostly The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, and Heroes of Might and Magic 3.
elina86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:40 PM   #2756
Tkscz

Tkscz can now change their title

Taking a trip in time and playing some Secret of Mana (Yes I have it, no I'm not selling it). This and earthbound were $110 at gameswap. That's cheap compared to the thousands people want for it.
Tkscz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:52 PM   #2757
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Forgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging in

Started playing Two Worlds 2. It has some minor control issues that I've learned to accept from European RPGs, the animation is at times quite odd, and the voice acting is both great and horrible at the same time, but the gameplay is solid, the mechanics are interesting, and it's incredibly addictive so far. The graphics are also very good, though I notice some occasional bits of fuzzy rendering. I might tweak the AA up a bit more and see what that does to it, since my card is having no trouble with it at current levels.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:52 PM   #2758
Edens_heel

Edens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Picked up Child of Eden and the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus collection today. As someone who still picks up and plays Rez with alarming frequency, Child of Eden is my crack. It's somewhat hard to play, though, as I am synaesthetic, which is a conceit of the game (it's attempting to play up that angle) so the deeper I get into it, the greater the light and music show becomes, the more it becomes some awesome sort of total and complete chaos by fucking with my already fucked with brain.

In other words, I'm loving it. Also, I'm pretty sure playing it is giving me a taste of what it would be like to do acid.
Edens_heel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:10 PM   #2759
Mathias
SAMCRO

Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.

If anyone's been trying to get into PSN but get a "server is down for maintenance" page, go here http://www.qriocity.com/us/en/ and you can alter your account. I made one and downloaded all of the Crash Bandicoot games. Currently, I'm trying to 100% Crash team racing.

My wishlist
Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:48 PM   #2760
gangstadawg
the wanderer

gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

im busy playing the battlefield 3 beta. and it is just epic.
gangstadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #2761
DeviousTao

DeviousTao has said some nice things

Currently enjoying F1 2011

Also downloading the BF3 Open Beta, looking forward to seeing what they have changed from Alpha!
Old 10-05-2011, 04:17 PM   #2762
seavixen
Ditz Extraordinaire

seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Playing Mass Effect 2 again, then I might break out some racing games. Soooo anxious for ME3 right now.
seavixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:18 PM   #2763
None
Enemy of Office Furniture

None never has a post go unnoticedNone never has a post go unnoticedNone never has a post go unnoticedNone never has a post go unnoticedNone never has a post go unnoticedNone never has a post go unnoticedNone never has a post go unnoticedNone never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by seavixen View Post
Playing Mass Effect 2 again, then I might break out some racing games. Soooo anxious for ME3 right now.
I completed my second play through a month ago, such an incredible game. I was so bummed they pushed ME3 back to March 2012.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #2764
seavixen
Ditz Extraordinaire

seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by None View Post
I completed my second play through a month ago, such an incredible game. I was so bummed they pushed ME3 back to March 2012.
I love the Mass Effect series... March seems really far away at the moment. ME3 sounds like it's going to be incredible.
seavixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:44 AM   #2765
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've been playing Ar tonelico Qoga. It's pretty nifty, if you're into JRPGs. Also they seem to have done a lot better on the translation than At2.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #2766
Adamantoise
Adamantine Tortoise

Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Started a new game on Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks.
Adamantoise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #2767
spacce
the Lost one

spacce can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesspacce can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesspacce can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I don't know much of a nerd it makes me but I've been playing Eve online and some flight Simulator X.
spacce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:06 PM   #2768
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

I started playing EVE back in December '05, but it lost me when my long-time alliance fissured back in... 2009. I tried to find somewhere else to be happy, but no dice. I keep my accounts active and training, in case some day I have the proper time to dedicate to playing it again, and the luck of finding a corp/alliance I'm happy with.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:11 PM   #2769
Your Plump Princess
Just dancing with shadows

Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!

Downloaded Secret of Mana onto my Wii. <3~ M'mmm Nintendo Goodness.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:24 PM   #2770
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Plump Princess View Post
Downloaded Secret of Mana onto my Wii. <3~ M'mmm Nintendo Goodness.
I'm so jealous . . . can I come over?
Old 10-06-2011, 10:31 PM   #2771
Your Plump Princess

Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
I'm so jealous . . . can I come over?
Heck yes ;D

[I seriously love this game though, so.. hardcore. ]
Old 10-07-2011, 06:03 AM   #2772
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Heck yes ;D

[I seriously love this game though, so.. hardcore. ]
I think this is one of my favorites if all time. I make sure I play through it once a year. I'm not gonna lie, I'm lagging behind this year. It's almost mid October and I haven't even touched it.

Enjoy ma'am.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:31 AM   #2773
rockhound225
Has Rocks on the Brain

rockhound225 carries a lot of weight on this boardrockhound225 carries a lot of weight on this boardrockhound225 carries a lot of weight on this boardrockhound225 carries a lot of weight on this boardrockhound225 carries a lot of weight on this board

Currently slogging my way through Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories. Right at about 110 hours logged, but still very much enjoying the game. Dood!
So I heard on the radio this afternoon that in 1992 there was a containership full of rubber duckies that lost a container in a storm. Now there are an estimated 50,000 rubber duckies floating around in all the oceans of the world. They've been found as far away as the Artic ocean.
God that idea is comforting.
rockhound225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #2774
Your Plump Princess

Thanks to my wonderful guy friend, I got sucked into City of Heroes.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #2775
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Quote:
Thanks to my wonderful guy friend, I got sucked into City of Heroes.
I played that for a little while, too. Then it, too, got old. I'm considering playing under the Freedom thing, but I didn't log enough paid time to have full access to the invention system, which means no invented enhancements. Which SUCKS.

Tags
nerds, video game