Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 07-10-2007, 02:58 AM   #26
Pookie

Pookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 club

Yes, I had five hearts burned into my arm... I did it. Needed to test how hot and how long it needed to be to go well as I want a set done on my hip like a My Little Pony

I also have a set of wings that where cut with blades on my back.

No way would I use pain killers... whats the point of an experience like that if you cant feel it? When my back was cut it was totally amazing, a real rush, so fulfilling and peaceful.
Pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:05 AM   #27
Athena9950
On Timeout

Athena9950 can now change their title

I don't have any tattoos or piercings. I've always thought that it was more unique to have neither of those things since so many people have them today. I guess I'm just old-fashioned.
Athena9950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:10 AM   #28
Jack Skellington
Grim Grinning Ghosts

Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena9950 View Post
I've always thought that it was more unique to have neither of those things since so many people have them today.
Yep, the shock value is long gone and the whole thing is pretty much tired and cliched now.

Goblins and ghoulies, from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine. Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond, let there be music from regions beyond.

Wizards and Witches, wherever you dwell, give us a hint by ringing a bell.
Jack Skellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:15 AM   #29
Pookie

Pookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 club

For a community supposedly accepting of difference again there is a bunch of you showing how judgemental you are of differences other than YOUR special one. The fetish thread annoyed the hell out of me, calling each other weird and sick.... now these judgements... how about moving on if you have nothing constructive to add, or not reading a thread if you know you dont like the matter being discussed.

Some of us here have expressed intensly personal reasons for getting our bodies marked in some way, its not for 'shock value' its personal and meaningful. Belittling others choices is never a good thing.

Again I expected better of this community and again its failed by some members.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:18 AM   #30
Athena9950
On Timeout

Athena9950 can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
For a community supposedly accepting of difference again there is a bunch of you showing how judgemental you are of differences other than YOUR special one. The fetish thread annoyed the hell out of me, calling each other weird and sick.... now these judgements... how about moving on if you have nothing constructive to add, or not reading a thread if you know you dont like the matter being discussed.

Some of us here have expressed intensly personal reasons for getting our bodies marked in some way, its not for 'shock value' its personal and meaningful. Belittling others choices is never a good thing.

Again I expected better of this community and again its failed by some members.
I was never trying to put you down, I was just expressing my opinion. I have no problem with people who choose to have tattoos or piercings.
Athena9950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:23 AM   #31
Jack Skellington
Grim Grinning Ghosts

Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!

If people want to brand themselves like cattle and put enough studs in their faces to make Pinhead jealous, that's their business. I don't personally find it attractive. But I have way too much apathy to care what the heck some else does to themselves.

Goblins and ghoulies, from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine. Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond, let there be music from regions beyond.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:26 AM   #32
Pookie

Then how about not comparing me to a frigging cow and move on to something you DO care about?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:28 AM   #33
Jack Skellington
Grim Grinning Ghosts

You've never seen a Western? Branding comes from ranchers marking their cattle.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:29 AM   #34
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Then how about not comparing me to a frigging cow and move on to something you DO care about?
Because it's easier to be mean. Mostly.

Btw, my brother and I BOTH have brands. It's funny because when I got my first tattoo, he made quite a bit of fun of it. He's much much more conservative than I. Soon, though, not only did he start getting tattooes, he created his own branding iron (before he was a police officer, he worked in an ironworks). I have never asked him why he felt moved to brand himself or to get his tatooes. Maybe I should.

Last edited by Ample Pie; 07-10-2007 at 10:32 AM.
Ample Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:30 AM   #35
Pookie

Why are you so intent on insulting others choices in this way? what are you getting out of it?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:31 AM   #36
Pookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca View Post
Because it's easier to be mean. Mostly.

Seems an alarming trend of little boys on this board who love to belittle others I am afraid.

Thats really cool rebecca that he made his own, very special for him

Last edited by Pookie; 07-10-2007 at 10:31 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-10-2007, 10:33 AM   #37
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Seems an alarming trend of little boys on this board who love to belittle others I am afraid.

Thats really cool rebecca that he made his own, very special for him
Well, limiting it to 'boys' and belittling them doesn't do much to advance your point, but I do understand.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:35 AM   #38
Pookie

Its only been immature boys who I have had this from Rebecca to be honest, was all boys who called others 'sick and weird' in a fetish thread, all boys who picked on a new member for being younger than an unwritten rule, and its the same little boy equalling me to cattle here. And it seems very childish bullying behaviour that I dont even expect from the children I work with, somehow the anonimity behind a screen brings out the worst in people thinking its cool and fun to be mean about people different from their niche

That speaks for itself.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:43 AM   #39
Jack Skellington
Grim Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
Why are you so intent on insulting others choices in this way? what are you getting out of it?
Spite and boredom? Plus I love drama.

I mean come on! People are branding themselves like they did to cattle in Westerns. If people don't have a sense of humor about something like that I don't know what to tell you.

I have a lot of odd quirks and I'm the first to poke fun at them. Just take a step back and think about the absurdity of the stuff humans do. It's all pretty damn funny.

I'm a loser, a nobody, a geek, prude, dweeb and nerd. Ignore me and I will go away. Keep talking to me and I will keep responding until something distracts my miniscule attention span. Whoa! shiny thing! Nothing I say is of enough importantance to get upset about.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:22 AM   #40
Wagimawr

Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!

Who's judgmental?

I'm not allowed to say I dislike something?
Wagimawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:43 PM   #41
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

see, here is my issue. i got my piercings and tattoos for me, not for shock value, not to show, off, FOR ME.

my first three piercings were totally not visible, and no one ever knew i had them. i got them because i wanted to mark occassions in my life, personal ones, and yes, a few of you may think it's stupid to do it that way, but that way in itself is symbolic to ME. i took them out about a year ago, but i have the tiny scars to remind ME of these occasions and milestones, a map for myself. my tattoos are the same way for me...reminders and memory markers. so you do what you need to...journals, scrapbooks, writing songs, drawing, putting people down, taking photos, WHATEVER, to mark your life's milestones and memories, and i'll do it my way. at the end of the day, and the end of my life, i am all i have, mind, body, and soul, and i'm going to go out bearing my highs and lows on my body. and you know what? even if i wanted a piercing or a tattoo JUST BECAUSE, what does it matter? i didn't put it on you, make you watch me do it, or point at you and roll my eyes for not having any.

'normal' isn't what you think it is anymore, it's what every individual defines it as for themselves. i am will never apologize for who i am or what i bear on my body, and i expect the same from everyone else. i'd never get a branding, dye my hair, or have plastic surgery, but i can't imagine saying 'i think someone with _______ looks stupid, i just don't get it.' everyone makes their choices for a reason, just ignore them if you don't agree. and yes, everyone has preferences, but there's a line between stating your preference and making statements that are tantamount to making people feel stupid for what they have or whom they are.

sorry, i've had a BAD day at work...
Old 07-10-2007, 03:05 PM   #42
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersoup View Post
see, here is my issue. i got my piercings and tattoos for me, not for shock value, not to show, off, FOR ME.

my first three piercings were totally not visible, and no one ever knew i had them. i got them because i wanted to mark occassions in my life, personal ones, and yes, a few of you may think it's stupid to do it that way, but that way in itself is symbolic to ME. i took them out about a year ago, but i have the tiny scars to remind ME of these occasions and milestones, a map for myself. my tattoos are the same way for me...reminders and memory markers. so you do what you need to...journals, scrapbooks, writing songs, drawing, putting people down, taking photos, WHATEVER, to mark your life's milestones and memories, and i'll do it my way. at the end of the day, and the end of my life, i am all i have, mind, body, and soul, and i'm going to go out bearing my highs and lows on my body. and you know what? even if i wanted a piercing or a tattoo JUST BECAUSE, what does it matter? i didn't put it on you, make you watch me do it, or point at you and roll my eyes for not having any.

'normal' isn't what you think it is anymore, it's what every individual defines it as for themselves. i am will never apologize for who i am or what i bear on my body, and i expect the same from everyone else. i'd never get a branding, dye my hair, or have plastic surgery, but i can't imagine saying 'i think someone with _______ looks stupid, i just don't get it.' everyone makes their choices for a reason, just ignore them if you don't agree. and yes, everyone has preferences, but there's a line between stating your preference and making statements that are tantamount to making people feel stupid for what they have or whom they are.

Nah... this was an at least somewhat neutral stance. Then I realized the Soupy wrote it. It's all good.

It's very good that you have this kind of opinion on the whole thing. Even if a person gets a tattoo for those other values, you shouldn't look down upon them for having them. I'm considered a "Nice Guy." That apparently means I'm not the kind of person that gets tattoos, BUT I have two. For some reason people believe that compromises my previous state of being the nice guy. It's odd what kind of judgment calls are brought on by body art.

I've always wanted to get the symbol Akuma has on his back in street fighter on back.
It's odd yes, but when I lived in Japan, a friend told me that it is one of the signs of Japanese Heaven. It translates to "10", "Sky", or "Heaven." I thought it might be a good ending peace, and I am still considering it. I'm sure I could throw the movement(s) I'm in as part of it as well.

Great post.
Let's see Potato Salad!: REPPAGE! YAY!! ^_^

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:35 AM   #43
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Stop lying Soup. I know your lip piercing is all about ME. It's all just an attempt to control my mind and flip me the subliminal bird but I'm on to you like a bloodhound. Arf arf! I got all you tattooed pierced up fanatics all figured out so your clever response ain't gon' work on me. *jabs finger menacingly* You know dang well that removing your piercing will enhance my personal comfort level but you're sneaky, see? I know you're doing this because of me.

I already repped you Souperstar, so I can't again but your post certainly deserves it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersoup View Post

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:35 AM   #44
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
Stop lying Soup. I know your lip piercing is all about ME. It's all just an attempt to control my mind and flip me the subliminal bird but I'm on to you like a bloodhound. Arf arf! I got all you tattooed pierced up fanatics all figured out so your clever response ain't gon' work on me. *jabs finger menacingly* You know dang well that removing your piercing will enhance my personal comfort level but you're sneaky, see? I know you're doing this because of me.

I already repped you Souperstar, so I can't again but your post certainly deserves it.
i never thought anyone would figure it out!!

Old 07-11-2007, 02:55 PM   #45
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundsmile View Post
I think of fat as a form of body art/modification....
Thinking about the first post again, in my case fat is not a form of body art or modification. Fat is my natural state, and I'm quite happy with myself as I am. Weight loss is what would be body modification on my part, but that won't happen anytime soon.
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote