Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 11-01-2006, 02:28 PM   #1
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Things for which you are too big?

Thanks to Curvy Em for awesome work getting this board sparked again. The stuck thread she started sparked this question in my mind: what are a few of the things that you either used to do or always wanted to do, which you consider yourself too big for now? This could be because you know you couldn't do it, or because you are worried that you couldn't do it, or because you think it would be embarrassing, uncomfortable, or whatever. So tell us what, and if you are willing to also why.

I'm too fat to ride my old 12-speed bike--bent over like that my thighs run into my belly when I peddle.

I'm too big around for most sports wear--trying to find bike shorts in my size is almost impossible, I doubt if I could find hockey equipment that would fit me anymore.

I'm too heavy to be comfortable skating on a frozen pond just because everyone has skated on it safely.

I'm sure you can come up with more interesting ones than that!

Regards;

-Ed
Old 11-01-2006, 02:32 PM   #2
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm too fat to ride most amusement park rides which sucks because I've only recently gotten brave enough to actually do it.

I'm too heavy to jump on a trampoline. Whether I am now or not, I've always felt like I was, even as a kid.

--
ps: I might have made answers that sound like bummers, but in truth I like this topic

Last edited by Ample Pie; 11-01-2006 at 02:35 PM.
Ample Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 02:47 PM   #3
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca
I'm too fat to ride most amusement park rides which sucks because I've only recently gotten brave enough to actually do it.
I've not even attempted. I just *know* I am! lol

The only things I've had problems with are small turnstyles, cinema seats and booths. However in class if I get there a bit late I'm too fat to squeeze behind everyone, so I either have to haul my ass over the table or crawl under LOL
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 02:50 PM   #4
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Too big a belly for recumbent bikes at the gym (my knees keep bumping the underside of my stomach!)

Jumping out of a plane, perhaps?

Certain restaurant booths, as we've discussed.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 02:54 PM   #5
ciaobella

ciaobella can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesciaobella can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Add me to the list of amusement park rides other than the tilt-a-whirl and of trampolines...

Another thing is seatbelts in other people's cars, I'm considering getting an attachment but truthfully I sorta get a kick out of their reactions when they realize I'm too fat for the back seat!

Oh and seats in an arena or airplane, etc. My s/o affectionately refers to them as belly rests instead of arm rests

Horse back riding (I like being kind to animals!) and the like too...swings at a park cause I'm pretty sure the whole structure will collapse

And I love it when my cousins suggest water slides, yup, I wanna get my fat a$$ stuck and make a 100 little kiddies behind me wait while they free me!

Add diving boards to that list, I've always been convinced they'll snap under my weight...

Oh and I'll just mention this even though it's somewhat unrelated as I do it anyways: taking elevators, I love how when it starts to get full everyone starts counting how many people are in it versus how many should be, I always get counted as 2 or 3!

Ok, last thing, most exercise equipment as twisted as that is! lol Thankfully my s/o is in engineering and has since assured me that even though an elevator, bridge or equipment says weight capacity is XX that is more of a legal disclaimer than anything else and usually these things can withstand up to twice what the warning says...not that I would chance it in an elevator or on a bridge though! lol
ciaobella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:07 PM   #6
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I know I'm too big for the swings these days, but I still get a kick out of testing it--I played in a park twice last month just for the opportunity to test out the swings lol.

As for the waterslide....I also know I'm too big but I have this fantasy of being someone else's float....
Old 11-01-2006, 03:48 PM   #7
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I know I'm too big for the swings these days, but I still get a kick out of testing it--I played in a park twice last month just for the opportunity to test out the swings lol.

As for the waterslide....I also know I'm too big but I have this fantasy of being someone else's float....
I like going on the swings and hearing that 'clunk/crack' noise every time the giant, thick metal links swing from 1 position to the other! The kids don't make a noise, but me? It sounds like artillery!
Old 11-01-2006, 04:08 PM   #8
Tzetrik
Master Shaper

Tzetrik can now change their title

Em, try AMC cinemas. Those things have massive seats and folding arms. I could fit three of my butts in them.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:08 PM   #9
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

See, I'm not a BBW, but playground equipment is too damned small. I was playing on a slide at a birthday party and my hips got stuck! /angry rant about things I shouldn't be doing
Old 11-01-2006, 04:10 PM   #10
Fuzzy Necromancer

Fuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging in

I think that modern bicycles are not designed to fit humans in general. I'm pretty slim, but I still think that narrow little wedge of a "seat" is functionally more similar to a suppository. ><

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
all we ask is that those without fetishes respect the notion that the vast majority of fetish-havers know how to reconcile their kink with the dangers of reality just as you would assume your next door neighbor is not a pedophile.
Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine.
Fuzzy Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 04:11 PM   #11
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadeianLinguist
See, I'm not a BBW, but playground equipment is too damned small. I was playing on a slide at a birthday party and my hips got stuck! /angry rant about things I shouldn't be doing
Yah, I've had a couple of pretty nervous moments when I was on playground equipment with my son.....some of those slides, man!

-Ed
Old 11-01-2006, 04:12 PM   #12
elle camino
shitclock's tickin.

elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!

several pairs of undies which i own and still wear, regardless.
other than that i guess i have it pretty easy.
elle camino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 04:15 PM   #13
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Too many to list.

The underwear thing has me remembering someone telling me that if you have a big belly and not a huge ass, you can wear a pair of briefs backwards..ummm..no..no you cannot...I tried...heh
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 04:55 PM   #14
elle camino
shitclock's tickin.

elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate
if you have a big belly and not a huge ass
ugh. bane of my existance.
elle camino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:25 PM   #15
MeowMac

MeowMac has said some nice things

Definately the amusement park rides... I think the last time I tried to ride one was when I was 18 and two attendents had to use their weight to lock me in

Airline and bus seats and forget the standard seatbelts... always need that extension. Then there are the bathrooms and squeezing through the very narrow doors.

Honda civics and any economy car
MeowMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:03 AM   #16
TS Monkey

TS Monkey can now change their title

So many sexy threads today!

:D

- Tight Squeeze Monkey
TS Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:47 AM   #17
InsecureGirl

InsecureGirl can now change their title

It's already been said... but horses, I used to ride when I was younger and I'm too scared to ever want to do this again in case they say I'm too heavy to ride.. plus I don't think I'd want to put the horse under that kind of stress..

Chairs with arms... I have this thing about not sitting in them in case I get stuck. Even if they look like I'd fit.

I don't know what else really... but I did break the bed... which is embarrassing.. my partner put this thick plastic thing where the bed had completely given up.. it was on my side so I knew it was me. He politely didn't say anything, just tried to make it more comfortable for me. I sleep on a mattress on the floor now till I can afford another bed. I'm not -that- heavy I don't think but I still managed to break it... I'm putting it down to crappy work..
Old 11-02-2006, 03:19 AM   #18
GPL

GPL has super-sized repGPL has super-sized repGPL has super-sized repGPL has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsecureGirl
It's already been said... but horses, I used to ride when I was younger and I'm too scared to ever want to do this again in case they say I'm too heavy to ride.. plus I don't think I'd want to put the horse under that kind of stress..

Chairs with arms... I have this thing about not sitting in them in case I get stuck. Even if they look like I'd fit.

I don't know what else really... but I did break the bed... which is embarrassing.. my partner put this thick plastic thing where the bed had completely given up.. it was on my side so I knew it was me. He politely didn't say anything, just tried to make it more comfortable for me. I sleep on a mattress on the floor now till I can afford another bed. I'm not -that- heavy I don't think but I still managed to break it... I'm putting it down to crappy work..

Hey IG,

At around 210lbs you will not be too heavy for a horse, hun!
I know some guys over your weight riding a horse every week.
You just need to search for the right horse. Just like with people, you have strong and weak horses, strong and weak people...

Hugs, GPL.

Avatar used with Tina's permission, ty Tina!
GPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:57 AM   #19
InsecureGirl

InsecureGirl can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPL
Hey IG,

At around 210lbs you will not be too heavy for a horse, hun!
I know some guys over your weight riding a horse every week.
You just need to search for the right horse. Just like with people, you have strong and weak horses, strong and weak people...

Hugs, GPL.
Poor horse though.. I don't think I could do it.. just because the horse can't turn to me and say 'You're too heavy.. get off!' so I wouldn't know if it was in pain... but then again.. it might try and buck me off which would be a good indication that it didn't like me on it. haha...

Anyway, it's not really an issue since I haven't been out in so long and don't plan to go horse riding anytime soon. Plus.. I don't think I'd be able to get on! haha
Old 11-02-2006, 04:59 AM   #20
BBW MeganLynn44DD

BBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Smile

Already said,amusement parks.Great Adventure in Jackson NJ I have serious issues with!They need to make a fat girl adventure park!My car is getting tight also,time to get some bigger or lose weight!
BBW MeganLynn44DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:02 AM   #21
Jes
is oddly aroused

Based on bad luck, I think I might be too big to get a damned date!
Old 11-02-2006, 07:21 AM   #22
tink977
Mess of a Dreamer

tink977 can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBW MeganLynn44DD
Already said,amusement parks.Great Adventure in Jackson NJ I have serious issues with!They need to make a fat girl adventure park!My car is getting tight also,time to get some bigger or lose weight!
I'm surprised to see all of the comments in regards to amusement park rides. I am right about 5'6 and I weigh well over 200 lbs....ok....I'll admit it...I weight 285 and I have never had a second thought about getting on a roller coaster nor have I ever had an ounce of trouble doing it. On the other hand...I agree with all of the horse riding comments. I couldn't do it to the poor animal...besides haven't we all heard that we should save the horse and ride a cowboy. I have no problem climbing on top of a beautiful cowboy
tink977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:50 AM   #23
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Recently I realized I'm now: too big for the seatbelts on Spirit airplanes!

This week I'm annoyed because: I'm too big to stand on anything I own, and as such can't put up curtains by myself.

One more annoyance: I'm JUST "small" enough to buckle the seatbelt on my car...now that its coat wearing season its getting really annoying.

Too big to wear extended calf boots from Silhouettes, the bastards...and I thought I had small calfs for a woman my size.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:55 AM   #24
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by activistfatgirl
Recently I realized I'm now: too big for the seatbelts on Spirit airplanes!

This week I'm annoyed because: I'm too big to stand on anything I own, and as such can't put up curtains by myself.

One more annoyance: I'm JUST "small" enough to buckle the seatbelt on my car...now that its coat wearing season its getting really annoying.

Too big to wear extended calf boots from Silhouettes, the bastards...and I thought I had small calfs for a woman my size.
You can always go to a reputable shoe maker and have them put in an extra panel for stretch. How tight are they?
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:57 AM   #25
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles
You can always go to a reputable shoe maker and have them put in an extra panel for stretch. How tight are they?
I just sent em back...they were close. Since it cost $22 in shipping, I wonder if I shoulda tried....oh well.