Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 06-29-2007, 03:06 PM   #26
olly5764

olly5764 can now change their title

It is a mixture of both for me, I could never be with a girl, however attractive, if she did not have an appealing personality, I could be with a girl who was a lovely person, but quite un-attractive, and I could love her, but weather I could make love to her, I don't honestly know, but at least that way round we could be friends and however you look at it, friends do love each other, so that aint so bad. Please tell me I am not being shallow?
olly5764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:14 PM   #27
dan

dan has super-sized repdan has super-sized repdan has super-sized repdan has super-sized repdan has super-sized rep

To live with and grow with, personality is everything... except sex. For that there has got to be physical attraction.
dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 07:56 AM   #28
Blockierer
FAntastic

Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!

In a relationship personality is a must of course.

But I would refuse to have sex with such a thin girl. Even if this would be the nicest woman in the world.
Sorry.
I love fat chicks!

Blockierer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 05:49 AM   #29
Krissy12
Fluffy

Krissy12 carries a lot of weight on this boardKrissy12 carries a lot of weight on this boardKrissy12 carries a lot of weight on this boardKrissy12 carries a lot of weight on this boardKrissy12 carries a lot of weight on this board

Personality is key, since looks fade. BUT, physical attraction has to be there. That doesn't mean that you would initially find them attractive, since the longer we get to know someone who stimulates us mentally..the more beautiful of a person they can become.

If I find someone who I feel is just mediocre looks-wise (this, of course, being subjective to my own idea of attractive), but they're kind, sweet, caring, funny, etc...that makes me become more physically attracted to them.

Happily, my bf attracted me with his personality AND looks right away.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:45 AM   #30
ModelFormerlyKnownAsBCD

ModelFormerlyKnownAsBCD can now change their title

Okay, so no one else has said it yet, so I will.

You all who say personality trumps physical attraction are full of baloney.

Your friends have great personalities without physical attraction. That's why they are your friends and not your lovers.

If you don't have the chemical spark at the beginning, trust me on this, it ain't gonna last. While things may be "comfortable" and "nice" with that person with whom you share no physical chemistry, you are just setting yourself up for pain and upset down the line.

And no, I'm not saying personality isn't a large part of it. It certainly is. But you cannot use that to negate the importance of physical attractiveness. I mean, c'mon. Do you *really* want to spend your life with someone who finds you physical repulsive but thinks you've got such a great sense of humor, they're willing to "endure" it for that? I don't think so. That would feel pretty damn crappy, IMO.

Having said that, I will also say that sometimes we surprise ourselves with the people we end up finding physically attractive. While that person may not fit what we claim is our "ideal", we might find that those intense eyes or muscley arms or big ass are a much larger magnet than we expected.

And certainly, bodies change over time, but by then we've had that time to form a bond that involves history and experience--including, hopefully, intense physical experiences so we know that's a possibility with this person we've joined with for the long term.

And keep in mind, too, that personalities change over time as well. So that isn't a guarantee that while you're compatible now, you'll be compatible 20 years from now. That ironic sense of the world could very well become bitter reclusiveness in that time.
ModelFormerlyKnownAsBCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:07 AM   #31
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

If I wanted people to like me, I would say looks do not matter, but alas, I shall be honest.

Looks matter about 45%. I'm sorry, I cannot date an ugly person...it just will not happen. I'm shallow I guess. The guy doesn't have to have perfect looks, but he has to have something on his face that makes my heart melt...typically eyes...if he has good eyes then he is half way to my 45%...and then he needs to be at least as tall as me, and smaller than me, lol, sex would be a fiasco if I was with a SSBHM.

That being said, personality is 55% of the pie...mmm pie. No seriously. Personality is more important but only at little...AT FIRST. I think this thread is about dating, not settling down and marrying someone.

You have to have some things in common with the other person, they need to complete you and if they don't it will be chaos.

My situation is a little different. When Mike and I started chatting, he knew what I looked like but I didn't know what he looked like. Once I found out what he looked like I thought he was good looking. however, he wasnt my exact picture of who I thought I would be with. In fact, he isn't many of them, lol. I thought I would be with a blondish, blue eyed guy who was shyish and cuddly. BEEP WRONG, lol. Dark hair, hazel eyes, very outspoken and only cuddly when promted.

We are perfect for eachother though.

All of that to say, don't discount someone cos they don't tick all the boxes, but do keep your standards so to speak.
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:14 AM   #32
Daknee

Daknee has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelFormerlyKnownAsBCD View Post
Okay, so no one else has said it yet, so I will.

You all who say personality trumps physical attraction are full of baloney.

Your friends have great personalities without physical attraction. That's why they are your friends and not your lovers.

If you don't have the chemical spark at the beginning, trust me on this, it ain't gonna last. While things may be "comfortable" and "nice" with that person with whom you share no physical chemistry, you are just setting yourself up for pain and upset down the line.

And no, I'm not saying personality isn't a large part of it. It certainly is. But you cannot use that to negate the importance of physical attractiveness. I mean, c'mon. Do you *really* want to spend your life with someone who finds you physical repulsive but thinks you've got such a great sense of humor, they're willing to "endure" it for that? I don't think so. That would feel pretty damn crappy, IMO.

Having said that, I will also say that sometimes we surprise ourselves with the people we end up finding physically attractive. While that person may not fit what we claim is our "ideal", we might find that those intense eyes or muscley arms or big ass are a much larger magnet than we expected.

And certainly, bodies change over time, but by then we've had that time to form a bond that involves history and experience--including, hopefully, intense physical experiences so we know that's a possibility with this person we've joined with for the long term.

And keep in mind, too, that personalities change over time as well. So that isn't a guarantee that while you're compatible now, you'll be compatible 20 years from now. That ironic sense of the world could very well become bitter reclusiveness in that time.
Hey! I did say pretty much the same thing earlier.
Daknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:33 AM   #33
GrowingBoy

GrowingBoy can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalina View Post
First of all, Ditto to what Bigvegan wrote. Right ON!
What I've found to be more important than a particular combination of characteristics which comprise a person's physical makeup, however, is the P word: Pheramones! If I'm not drawn to a person's natural scent - that which emanates from deep within each of us - it doesn't matter WHAT a person looks like; I just can't get from here to there.

Catherine
For me, an attractive natural scent is a constant source of pleasure and attraction. It doesn't substitute for personal compatibility, but it is a natural draw towards intimacy, making it irresistible.
GrowingBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:03 PM   #34
CurvaceousBBWLover
Primordial

CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Looks get me in the door and personality keeps me. That is my policy.

I refuse to date an ugly woman. Even if she had the greatest personality in the world, what does that matter if i am not attracted to her?

At the same I've met a lot of pretty women who are fake. Inside, they are small, shallow people who are hung up on how much money I make or what they can get from me.

This is a real conundrum, and I refuse to settle for less. Perhaps I may change my views as I get older.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:16 PM   #35
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvaceousBBWLover View Post
Looks get me in the door and personality keeps me. That is my policy.

I refuse to date an ugly woman. Even if she had the greatest personality in the world, what does that matter if i am not attracted to her?

At the same I've met a lot of pretty women who are fake. Inside, they are small, shallow people who are hung up on how much money I make or what they can get from me.

This is a real conundrum, and I refuse to settle for less. Perhaps I may change my views as I get older.
So, why not make sure you have lots of money..to get her in your door..then you can dazzle her with your personality..*W*

Why is a woman or a man shallow for wanting money, but you refuse to date an 'ugly' person Seems that is saying what you want is a preference..a strong one, but what Jane or Joe over there desires is suspect, at the very least.

and for those who might get hung up on it, I am really not even talking about money
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:19 AM   #36
Silversnake418

Silversnake418 has said some nice things

But Can't looks grow on you? I mean my first gf I wasn't completely attracted to her but she grew on me.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:22 AM   #37
PhillyFA
Cunning Linguist/Drum Bum

PhillyFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesPhillyFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesPhillyFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Personality is a must. My wife and I were best friends for years before we ever started going out. In fact, I was engaged to someone else. That person cheated on me, and I never trusted her after that, even though I went back with her. It just never worked out. Then, it hit me. The only person I was in love with was my best friend. We started going out in June of 95, got engaged in Aug of 95, and married in Nov 96. Ten & a half years later, she's still my best friend, and still the love of my wife.

She's got an amazing personality. She's loving, funny, warm, caring. Never has a bad word to say about anyone, and knows me better than I know myself. She's excellent with kids, and not just ours. In fact, the only person who I have ever heard say a bad thing about her was my ex-fiance, but we just chalked that up to bitterness.

Stay Bruised, Darlings.
PhillyFA is offline   Reply With Quote