Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 07-08-2007, 08:25 PM   #1
Roundsmile

Roundsmile has said some nice things
Default Bod Mods and fat?

I think of fat as a form of body art/modification....are there threads here for people who have modified their bodies in other ways as well? (Piercings, tats, hair, nails)
I am also wondering if anyone with a good sized stomach has a navel piercing...I'm considering one...
Roundsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:22 PM   #2
Waxwing
Reckless Hero

Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've noticed a few threads about body art. I have tattoos, and I know that many other poeple on the board do as well.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:11 PM   #3
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

I have two tattoos. There's a couple threads that are buried deep. I would revive mine, but I don't know if I should honestly.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:24 PM   #4
Sandie S-R

Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundsmile View Post
I think of fat as a form of body art/modification....are there threads here for people who have modified their bodies in other ways as well? (Piercings, tats, hair, nails)
I am also wondering if anyone with a good sized stomach has a navel piercing...I'm considering one...
There have been threads about all of the above, most of them have been in the lounge. As far as navel piercings go they are a real crap shoot with fat people. Most fat women that I know that have gotten them, have rejected. Rachael (my daughter) got one last year and it rejected as well. Fat tissue doesn't heal as well as non-fat tissue, so keep that in mind. All you can do is try it. Be sure to go a super reputable piercer, do your sea salt soaks daily, and be super careful of anything rubbing against the piercing. (I've got more than a few piercings myself, so I understand. )

Let us know how you do with it.
Sandie S-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:54 AM   #5
Pookie

Pookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 club

A belly button peircing will be hell to heal on a fatter tummy. Not enough air or space if the tummy folds at the waist and the pressure will disrupt it.

I dont consider my weight a mod, because I didnt choose it, I do however have my nose and lip peirced and my ears multiple times. I also have a scarification of wings on my back which I adore, and a branding of hearts on my arm which was a practise run for doing it on my hip.
Pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:03 AM   #6
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've tried three times unsuccessfully to get my belly button pierced and I now have a hideous scar there as a trophy. I met one belly goddess who got her belly pierced and it had staying power. She claims some expert piercer in NYC who knows how to pierce fat people hooked her up with some special jewelry though it was only temporary. In general I'd say the structure of a fat belly makes it more like a surface piercing than it would on a thin person and the constant if subtle jiggling and movement complicates healing and promotes infection. Outside of that I have my ears, nose and tongue pierced with no issues. Looking to get a Monroe one of these days but I'm not really in to tattoos on me.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:02 AM   #7
TheNowhereMan
Rambling Rover

TheNowhereMan carries a lot of weight on this boardTheNowhereMan carries a lot of weight on this boardTheNowhereMan carries a lot of weight on this boardTheNowhereMan carries a lot of weight on this boardTheNowhereMan carries a lot of weight on this board

hehe got extra skin might as well decorate haha
Old 07-09-2007, 12:06 PM   #8
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Maybe it's just me, but I have absolutely no interest in tattoos, piercings, hair sculpture etc. Maybe I'm just vain enough to think my big fat body is fine and dandy as is. Why tamper with perfection -- or at least something pretty doggone good? Or maybe my office manager persona views some of the more blatant body mods as "career limiting moves" (on par with T-shirts and bumper stickers that read "I love my bad attitude"). I can't really see myself chairing a business meeting wearing a nose ring. Come to think of it, the only major body mods I do are makeup and hair coloring, which paradoxically are supposed to look completely natural. Yeah I'm 50, so I might be old-fashioned -- not that there's anything wrong with that. Nawwwww. I was an impressionable girl during the psychedelic 1960s, so I've seen it all before, and then some. Methinx the best statement I can make is simply to be a well-groomed, smartly-dressed, confident obese woman -- because that happens to be how I'm built -- and any body mods might obscure that message.
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:12 PM   #9
Wagimawr

Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!

In that case, I'm old fashioned too.

Nothin spoils a look at a beautiful girl for me more than seeing metal lodged in her face/body.

Tamper with perfection, indeed.

finally, an outlet. i'm struggling here not to make some comment about fights with toolkits...
Wagimawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:24 PM   #10
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You know...

I dunno. Something doesn't seem right about calling fat a "body modification". It can be, yes, but it's radically different from the others you've listed.

I mean... you wake up on the floor of someone's apartment after a night of drinking and find a tattoo of a rose on your ass, not an extra hundred pounds on it.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:39 PM   #11
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
You know...

I dunno. Something doesn't seem right about calling fat a "body modification". It can be, yes, but it's radically different from the others you've listed.

I mean... you wake up on the floor of someone's apartment after a night of drinking and find a tattoo of a rose on your ass, not an extra hundred pounds on it.
Oooo, now THERE'S a plot for a WG fantasy story.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:19 PM   #12
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
Mmmm. I was just a skinny little bambi before I got locked in a chocolate factory overnight, and the next morning I woke up on the floor...
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:33 PM   #13
Pookie

Pookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 club

I use subtle things to highlight the things I like about myself.

My scarification is an intensly personal and meaningful thing on my body, not intended to adorn.
Pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:41 PM   #14
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I wanna get my teeth peirced.

No, wait, I don't.

Just remember that acceptance is 71.4% of size acceptance.
fatlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:09 PM   #15
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't know about fat as a body mod since it IS the body and not something external, but I love my piercings and my tattooes.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:25 PM   #16
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

i have piercings, the most visible one being my lipring, AND i have tattoos on my forearms. the lipring, yeah, i'll eventually take it out, but i like it on me, and it's MY lip that's got it, so eff what others think. and as far as my tattoos, i got them at a point in my life when i NEEDED them. i was battling severe depression and personal issues, so i got them to remind me to keep pushing through, that i'd persevere someday. they are a daily reminder of how to live my life, and kind of like a little boost when i feel down. i can always wear long sleeves as life and career situations dictate, but i refuse to be afraid to live my life looking how i want to for fear of someone not deeming it 'okay' in their eyes.

and i'm with the fat is not a body mod itself group.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:30 PM   #17
Ivy
more cake, please!

Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!

i had my belly button pierced and i ended up with cellulites pretty much the next day. i cleaned it properly and everything.. my $70 piercing turned into 2 ER visits and a night in the hospital.

i wouldn't recommend it.
Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:18 PM   #18
Jack Skellington
Grim Grinning Ghosts

Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagimawr View Post
Nothin spoils a look at a beautiful girl for me more than seeing metal lodged in her face/body.
Yeah, I gotta agree with that. I just don't get the appeal of have a metal spike jutting out of your face.

Goblins and ghoulies, from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine. Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond, let there be music from regions beyond.

Wizards and Witches, wherever you dwell, give us a hint by ringing a bell.
Jack Skellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:28 PM   #19
Wagimawr

Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!

in b4 "it's not always a spike etc etc"

Even when it's a stud or a ring, no. Just no.
Wagimawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:32 PM   #20
Fuzzy Necromancer

Fuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging in

Dum dee dum, tatoos, fat, waking up after drinking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
A belly button peircing will be hell to heal on a fatter tummy. Not enough air or space if the tummy folds at the waist and the pressure will disrupt it.

I dont consider my weight a mod, because I didnt choose it, I do however have my nose and lip peirced and my ears multiple times. I also have a scarification of wings on my back which I adore, and a branding of hearts on my arm which was a practise run for doing it on my hip.

Do I read that right? Did you actually voluntarily press hot metal against your skin? Did you at least get pain-killer of some form?

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
all we ask is that those without fetishes respect the notion that the vast majority of fetish-havers know how to reconcile their kink with the dangers of reality just as you would assume your next door neighbor is not a pedophile.
Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine.
Fuzzy Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:35 PM   #21
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

boo to piercing naysayers, yay for branding!
Old 07-09-2007, 07:04 PM   #22
Totmacher

Totmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going on
Cool

I was unaware that navel piercings were so risky. I've known a few larger women with piercings and was under the impression they were about as much trouble as getting your nails done.
Totmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:35 PM   #23
Roundsmile

Roundsmile has said some nice things

I had no idea size was an issue with healing...I'll have to do a bit more thought on that one...
I did have a tragus piercing, and that rejected...
Roundsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:43 PM   #24
Jack Skellington
Grim Grinning Ghosts

Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca View Post
yay for branding!
Branding? I'm sure that's like cool and hip for cattle and all. But on humans, not so much.

Goblins and ghoulies, from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine. Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond, let there be music from regions beyond.

Wizards and Witches, wherever you dwell, give us a hint by ringing a bell.
Jack Skellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:20 PM   #25
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Skellington View Post
Branding? I'm sure that's like cool and hip for cattle and all. But on humans, not so much.

I think they're pretty. I actually like all scars.

Meh, it's just something I find attractive. I'm not asking you to get a lazy s burned into your ass.