Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 07-19-2007, 12:15 AM   #1
StrawberryShortcake

StrawberryShortcake carries a lot of weight on this boardStrawberryShortcake carries a lot of weight on this boardStrawberryShortcake carries a lot of weight on this boardStrawberryShortcake carries a lot of weight on this boardStrawberryShortcake carries a lot of weight on this board
Default Obesity Myth? Different kinds of fat?

I have an experiment I am going to do.

Lately I have been really into taking care of my health and staying away from fast food and other junk food made by corporate America. Instead I find myself eating lots of good homeade food and let me tell you it is just as easy to get fat eating a cake made from organic fresh ingredients as it is to gain eating Hostess. It just lacks all the hydrogenated soybean oil, high fructose corn syrup, and other commodities that have been subsidized by the government Food Bill.

Here is what I am going to attempt. I want to lose 40-60 pounds (I've already lost 10) in a very healthy fashion. I run 3 - 6 miles daily, swim, and lift weights. I eat 3 good meals a day, most importantly a big breakfast full of protein and carbs plus snacks. What I stay away from is anything prepackaged or sweets. It sucks for now but when I get down to 170 or 180 and the oppoutunity arises (like me getting murrrried which I am sure will happen one day cause I am a good girl and I have faith.) I want to try to get as fat as possible while taking good care of myself.... i.e. walking for 30 minutes a day, eating lots of fruits and vegetables along with all my other homemade goodies while getting the right herbs, whole food supplements, and other healthy stuff.

I have a sneaking suspicion that being fat is not a disease nor does it cause diabetes, heart disease, on and on and on.... I think that possibly what is the cause of these illnesses is poor health due to our overprocessed, overstressed culture.... I don't know about any of you but I long for a simpler life. And lately I find myself rushing for no man. I have a great job as a nanny of four adorable boys and every day they teach me so much. They are such a blessing in my life. Okay, so back to my plan.... What got me thinking is that I look at my Mom who is probably about 250 - 270 but she has no health problems except for arthritis and she is 58 years old. She takes great care of herself and has an infinite amount of knowledge about health and natural cures. So I would like to try to get fat, fat, fat but a healthly, natural, goddess kind of fat. As soon as I cut out fast food and store bought junk food my waist lost two inches and my booty is an inch bigger. I am excited to be on this journey an I am proud that I ave the willpower to do these things because there was a time in my life that I was so mentally clouded and now things are getting clearer every single day... so tell me what your thoughts are Dimensionslandia.
StrawberryShortcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:48 AM   #2
coyote wild
You'll love me, I swear.

coyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this board

I think it's actually ingenious. I think it's a great way to seem a more natural fat. I applaud your foresight and your long-term goals.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:33 AM   #3
fiddypence
Fast Feedist

fiddypence can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesfiddypence can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Yes! That's pretty much the best plan I've ever heard.
fiddypence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:47 AM   #4
philosobear
Thriving circuitously

philosobear can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesphilosobear can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

It's a good plan. I think similar thoughts. I also find that when I eat vegan my bottom gets bigger. Only question mark is losing weight first- taking it off and putting it back on again isn't very healthy. Maybe do a detox if you're feeling you want to wipe the slate clean. Also, if you lose weight you run the risk of meeting a man who's only hot for you when skinny. If you're looking for a life long partner, then walking around now at a smaller version of the rounded shape you want to end up might make for greater harmony later on!

It's all good though...have fun!
philosobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:30 AM   #5
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Experiment.

Since you asked for opinions, I'll offer mine. I think it is really dangerous to experiment with your health.

You said this is pretty much a hypothesis for you, that you think if you're "as fat as possible" by eating certain types of foods you won't suffer any ill health effects. Ok, but what if you're wrong. What if organic fat isn't really any healthier then artificial fat? What if you do wind up suffering from health problems after all?

It is true that there are many contributing factors to good health, but do you honestly want to risk the possibility that you are wrong about this?
Old 07-19-2007, 05:59 AM   #6
zonker

Location: The land that I come from is called the Midwest....
zonker can now change their title

I've pretty much thought the same way you have about all this.

If diabetes, heart disease and cancer were "fat diseases"....

then (1) all fat people would have them, and

(2) skinny people would never get them.

Good luck on this. I think you will probably feel much better and have a lot more energy...
zonker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:13 AM   #7
fatgirl33
Just doodlin'

fatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 club

I think you're on the right track. Every time you read the paper you'll find something about the dangers of obesity, but I've never believed it was being fat that was the issue - it has more to do with lifestyle & genetics.

The quality of what you put in your body cannot be underestimated. My 90-year-old grandmother is in great health, though she has been obese for her entire adult life. She also lived most of her life on a farm and probably 80-90% of the food she has eaten over the years was home-made.

Her only health issue has been high blood pressure, which she's had for, oh, 60 years. So I'd say she's probably coping pretty well.

I say go for it, be fat the healthy way!

Brenda

PS: I still like Tim Horton's donuts and Domino's Pizza too much not to order them... but then, no one wants to live forever, right?
Old 07-19-2007, 07:04 AM   #8
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I read an article recently that said that if you have fat in your liver you are at risk for type 2 diabetes but exercise can work as a preventive. A diabetes research team measured the liver fat content of about 100 people and found a correlation between the amount of exercise people got and the fat content of their livers. The people who exercised more had the lowest liver fat content regardless of their weight. I think exercise is key.

I do suspect that as you get heavier, which I know you aren't doing right now, the running that you are doing now will be more harmful for you than helpful. As people begin to gain their bodies often begin to tell them that enough is enough. The pain and fatigue causes people to abruptly stop exercising altogether which is the kiss of death. I would suggest thinking about the big picture and incorporating exercises that you could feasibly do when you get heavier like walking, cycling, swimming, etc. And I can't say enough good things about weight training. Get yourself a set of dumbbells or fill some old soda bottles with water and make sure you are strengthening that body, not just increasing your cardiovascular fitness. You'll need a strong body. Develope good fat habits early.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:14 AM   #9
philosobear
Thriving circuitously

philosobear can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesphilosobear can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Lilly, the first point you make is a really important one. Liver health and excercise are really strongly linked, and those of us that want to live long and prosper need to take care of our livers by getting our blood pumping on a regualr basis. That link between liver health, excercise and diabetes needs more publicity than it gets...
Old 07-19-2007, 07:22 AM   #10
CrankySpice
Unwashed.

CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

*sigh* I wish I could believe there was a booty-building diet, but I suspect that just as you can't "spot trim" areas of your body, neither can you "spot grow" areas of your body. I would love to be able to build my booty!

Regardless--I think it is always a good thing to minimize the artificial ingredients we put into our mouths, so best of luck to you in your new lifestyle! (Although honestly, I fail to see the link between getting married and being thin, but hey, whatever works for you!)
CrankySpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:34 AM   #11
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryShortcake View Post
It sucks for now but when I get down to 170 or 180 and the oppoutunity arises (like me getting murrrried which I am sure will happen one day cause I am a good girl and I have faith.) I want to try to get as fat as possible while taking good care of myself.... i.e. walking for 30 minutes a day, eating lots of fruits and vegetables along with all my other homemade goodies while getting the right herbs, whole food supplements, and other healthy stuff.
Nothing to add regarding the health related issues (like you, I believe that being fat doesn't necessarily equate to being unhealthy), but did want to add my personal experience. I had WLS several years ago, and until recently weighed about 140 lbs. I've since regained nearly 30 pounds. I have to say, I feel the difference in my mobility. My joints are creaking again, my feet ache when I walk up stairs, and I find myself out of breath more quickly than what has been normal for me. I am 5'6" and weigh close to 170. I was 296 at my highest weight (and a reason that I had WLS was because I was becoming immobile). My ability to move & get around is nowhere close to as bad as it once was, but what frightens me is that I can feel myself slowly getting there with every pound I regain. You may want to consider this, because as you gain weight, you may find yourself unable to exercise as you'd like to. OTOH, I'm nearly 40. If you are young & otherwise healthy, it may be easier for you.
TraciJo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:35 AM   #12
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankySpice View Post
(Although honestly, I fail to see the link between getting married and being thin, but hey, whatever works for you!)
In a nutshell, it enhances the experience of gaining for both her and her feeder partner. She wants to wait till she's married to begin gaining.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

@~;~~
Old 07-19-2007, 07:38 AM   #13
CrankySpice
Unwashed.

CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
In a nutshell, it enhances the experience of gaining for both her and her feeder partner. She wants to wait till she's married to begin gaining.
Ohhhhhhh, okay, I get it. Color me dense today!
CrankySpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:44 AM   #14
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Toxins In Fat

StrawberryShortcake has an interesting plan, regarding "healthy fat". There actually is such a thing as "unhealthy fat". Fat actually absorbs toxins from
the bloodstream. Toxins stored in fat are returned to the bloodstream when
a person loses weight. Rapid weight loss can release toxins at unhealthy levels.
The powerful pesticide, DDT, was banned(around 1970, I think) because it took about 14 years to decompose in the environment. Some people who were exposed to DDT did not exhibit symptoms of poisoning until they were losing weight. At 420 lbs. 5'8" tall, I often wonder about the soup of toxins and food
additives, MSG included, that is in my ample body-fat! Hmmm.....testing body
fat for toxins before starting a weight-loss program, now there's an interesting medical concept!

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:00 AM   #15
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Location: Born in The Mission, raised on Rt. 66, living in the Squirrel Ghetto, SoCal
stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default What you eat, not how much...

Quote:
I have a sneaking suspicion that being fat is not a disease nor does it cause diabetes, heart disease, on and on and on.... I think that possibly what is the cause of these illnesses is poor health due to our overprocessed, overstressed culture.... I don't know about any of you but I long for a simpler life.
I think you are completely right! Actually I'm living proof of it. I had gained some weight a while back, but I was eating unhealthy food. Potato chips, candy bars, processed stuff like that. I didn't feel healthy and I was starting to have anxiety attacks and couldn't stand the heat very well (I live / work in a hot climate...)

I started eating healthy and exercising and I lost the weight. I'm still eating healthy, but I'm eating a bit more now and I've gained almost all of that weight back. I'm feeling much better even at a weight close to my original "unhealthy" weight.

I truly think it's not so much about how much you eat, or how much you weigh, but what you eat, and if you excersize at least moderate amount.

Stan

"Regardless of who runs the websites and organizations, the cause belongs to all of us.
stan_der_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:30 AM   #16
Daknee

Daknee has said some nice things

Quote:
I have an experiment I am going to do.

Lately I have been really into taking care of my health and staying away from fast food and other junk food made by corporate America. Instead I find myself eating lots of good homeade food and let me tell you it is just as easy to get fat eating a cake made from organic fresh ingredients as it is to gain eating Hostess. It just lacks all the hydrogenated soybean oil, high fructose corn syrup, and other commodities that have been subsidized by the government Food Bill.

Here is what I am going to attempt. I want to lose 40-60 pounds (I've already lost 10) in a very healthy fashion. I run 3 - 6 miles daily, swim, and lift weights. I eat 3 good meals a day, most importantly a big breakfast full of protein and carbs plus snacks. What I stay away from is anything prepackaged or sweets. It sucks for now but when I get down to 170 or 180 and the oppoutunity arises (like me getting murrrried which I am sure will happen one day cause I am a good girl and I have faith.) I want to try to get as fat as possible while taking good care of myself.... i.e. walking for 30 minutes a day, eating lots of fruits and vegetables along with all my other homemade goodies while getting the right herbs, whole food supplements, and other healthy stuff.

I have a sneaking suspicion that being fat is not a disease nor does it cause diabetes, heart disease, on and on and on.... I think that possibly what is the cause of these illnesses is poor health due to our overprocessed, overstressed culture.... I don't know about any of you but I long for a simpler life. And lately I find myself rushing for no man. I have a great job as a nanny of four adorable boys and every day they teach me so much. They are such a blessing in my life. Okay, so back to my plan.... What got me thinking is that I look at my Mom who is probably about 250 - 270 but she has no health problems except for arthritis and she is 58 years old. She takes great care of herself and has an infinite amount of knowledge about health and natural cures. So I would like to try to get fat, fat, fat but a healthly, natural, goddess kind of fat. As soon as I cut out fast food and store bought junk food my waist lost two inches and my booty is an inch bigger. I am excited to be on this journey an I am proud that I ave the willpower to do these things because there was a time in my life that I was so mentally clouded and now things are getting clearer every single day... so tell me what your thoughts are Dimensionslandia.

I agree with you 100%. Many diseases come from call the crap beign put into our food and other products. I wish you the best in your experiment. It really would be great if your study could actually be proven so that our world could start putting blame where blame should be.
Daknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:41 AM   #17
philosobear
Thriving circuitously

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfree View Post
StrawberryShortcake has an interesting plan, regarding "healthy fat". There actually is such a thing as "unhealthy fat". Fat actually absorbs toxins from
a person loses weight. Rapid weight loss can release toxins at unhealthy levels.
The powerful pesticide, DDT, was banned(around 1970, I think) because it took about 14 years to decompose in the environment. Some people who were exposed to DDT did not exhibit symptoms of poisoning until they were losing weight. At 420 lbs. 5'8" tall, I often wonder about the soup of toxins and food
fat for toxins before starting a weight-loss program, now there's an interesting medical concept!
this could also be an important issue. I wonder whether you have to get rid of all the fat to release the toxins in it, or whether you can leach them out slowly with changes in the way you eat and live...
Old 07-19-2007, 09:41 AM   #18
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Location: Born in The Mission, raised on Rt. 66, living in the Squirrel Ghetto, SoCal
stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default This reminds me...

This reminds me of an article that I read in the old Dimensions magazine. There was this "body builder / trainer" guy who talked about weight gain. "Gainers" and "body builders" really weren't that much different. Large people with muscle can have their muscle turn into fat if they don't exercise but continue to consume the same amount of calories. Fat people can turn fat into muscle if they exercise and continue to consume the same amount of calories. Many fat people are actually quite strong if they exercise. There are unhealthy "body builders" that eat the wrong foods as there fat people unhealthy for the same reason.

Stan

"Regardless of who runs the websites and organizations, the cause belongs to all of us.
stan_der_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:03 AM   #19
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default My Thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosobear View Post
this could also be an important issue. I wonder whether you have to get rid of all the fat to release the toxins in it, or whether you can leach them out slowly with changes in the way you eat and live...
My thought on that is that a finite fraction of the total quantity would be in each fat cell, therefore the rate of release into the bloodstream should be
proportional to the rate of weight-loss.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:36 AM   #20
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

This may count as TMI, but when I was a teen and on a strict diet imposed by my parents I recall that it burned when I urinated. Thinking I had a bladder infection I went to the local doctor who said I tested negative for a bladder infection. Then she asked if I were on a diet. When I told her yes she explained that it was the fat toxins being washed away and that I should drink more water to aid the kidneys in flushing the toxins out. I did and the burning went away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfree View Post

@~;~~
Old 07-19-2007, 11:31 AM   #21
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

Default Disclaimer:

Hmmm.....testing body

I can almost "see" the disclaimer, in unreadable small print, at the bottom of
of the weight-loss product ad, Disclaimer: Consult your physician and have
a body-fat toxicity analysis before starting any weight-loss program.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:34 AM   #22
Chubbyadmirer86

Chubbyadmirer86 can now change their title

There are in fact different types of fat. Wikipedia names three, visceral (packed between organs), subcutaneous (under the skin), and intramuscular (dispersed throughout skeletal muscles and associated with type-2 diabetes). Here's the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visceral_fat.

I think your experiment is a great idea. You should record what you eat so you have evidence to show people. As for your health, if your mother's fat and healthy than you should be too. Genetics plays a big role as does exercise. It should also be noted that, as a women your risk of heart disease is lower as long as your body produces estrogen. Plus what kind of fat you have affects your health (see above link). Just cutting out the crap that gets processed into food these days is a good thing by iteself.

Good luck gaining.

PS I hope this experiment makes your butt big. There's nothing sexier than a big butt.
Chubbyadmirer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:32 PM   #23
Daknee

Daknee has said some nice things

Please keep us posted on your progress and findings. Again good luck in your venture!
Daknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:30 PM   #24
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

All things in moderation.

Being fat and fit? Very possible.

I think you'll find it harder to gain weight if you're eating really hardcore healthy: Whole grains, lots of cruciferous vegetables, free range, organic meats and eggs, no white sugar. If you really want to save your weight gain until marriage, cool. Then this way of eating is the way for you. I have my doubts that a girl who is naturally curvy is going to gain a lot of weight doing this though.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:38 PM   #25
philosobear
Thriving circuitously

I'm not so sure about this...I was on a very natural vegan diet this spring and gained a few pounds...ultimately it's the amount you eat that counts...while the effort may be greater in food that does not lead to huge cravings the result is far more easy to live with. I think a part of my vegan weight gain was cravings that resulted from a lack of concentrated protien...hence eating more in general...