Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Board Business

View Poll Results: Do you want a new political board?
Yes 20 62.50%
No 12 37.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 10:01 AM   #101
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
I would love to participate in more intellectual conversations with some people here, because I think we have more in common than just gut worship =p
This is one of my favorite fantasies here too.

I sincerely hope we can maybe transfer the discussion culture we have on the BHM/FFA-board - I mean we've controversially discussed the importance of religion there and still can post each other eye-to-eye afterwards... - onto the more general political debate in Dims.

But so far it's more hope than optimism...
Old 12-08-2016, 10:06 AM   #102
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

It is possible to have civil, provocative discussion with some of the same posters here. In my FB group, we had a discussion about spirituality and religion that was excellent. No name calling, no nastiness, no arguing. Just good quality discussion with questions posed and responded to without any snark or venom. It was rather refreshing.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:20 AM   #103
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken View Post
It is possible to have civil, provocative discussion with some of the same posters here. In my FB group, we had a discussion about spirituality and religion that was excellent. No name calling, no nastiness, no arguing. Just good quality discussion with questions posed and responded to without any snark or venom. It was rather refreshing.
This is what we are hoping for here. That and less turd emojis.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:35 AM   #104
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

@Deliman092262 (I won't quote you so as to save those who have you on ignore from seeing your post)

Quit whining about what others can do somewhere else and how unfair it is. You sound like you're 3. FFS, you're free to post in that forum too if you like. Just follow the rules laid out and try to be less antagonistic. If you can do that you should be fine.

Back to the question at hand. It looks like the poll is in and there will be a new board, so what's the next step? A rules committee of sorts?

ETA: Changed some wording to be slightly more diplomatic.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:19 AM   #105
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Maybe you have to follow a response format; like you must acknowledge their point politely before stating your point, and every post should relate back to the main topic to prevent individual responses to posts that spin off uncontrollably. Ie you can address or rebut a point but you would have to loop your response back into the original point.
Old 12-08-2016, 02:08 PM   #106
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
Conservatives are not a minority group in society though, are they?

I literally have no idea how you think I am changing my mind on anything. I have said the same thing throughout this conversation and honestly, I'm beginning to run out of ways to try and make this clear to you. You obviously aren't understanding what I'm saying and I don't see why as I am making this as blunt and clear as possible.
A white cisgender heterosexual man claiming to be a minority is rather hilarious.
Old 12-08-2016, 02:16 PM   #107
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
A white cisgender heterosexual man claiming to be a minority is rather hilarious.
Sample of my previous post; this is not directly related to the thread/ is not looped back (i'm only picking on you because it is convenient from my phone).

If the response loops back to the purpose of the thread we avoid the shots, responses to responses etc that loop the conversation away from the topic.

In this case, in the new board, i would recommend this topic be moved to another thread as it would be "off topic" to whether we have a new board or not

Just an example
Old 12-08-2016, 02:47 PM   #108
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I am spoiled by the bad habits of the old Hyde Park.
Old 12-08-2016, 02:51 PM   #109
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The next steps are going to be to set up a final poll for the name and to start a discussion thread about the rules the mod team have come up with so far and what people's thoughts/opinions/suggestions are.

These were supposed to go up today but upon talking to my fellow moderators we decided that starting these threads/polls on a monday would be a better idea so then it is at the start of a new week.

My brain was so fixated on doing everything on a seven day cycle that all updates would have been on a thursday if the mod team hadn't pointed out that monday is a better day for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
Sample of my previous post; this is not directly related to the thread/ is not looped back (i'm only picking on you because it is convenient from my phone).

If the response loops back to the purpose of the thread we avoid the shots, responses to responses etc that loop the conversation away from the topic.

In this case, in the new board, i would recommend this topic be moved to another thread as it would be "off topic" to whether we have a new board or not

Just an example
I'm so tired all I can see in this post is my username over and over again.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:03 PM   #110
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Bahaha, based on the obsessively 7 day schedule "loops" appears an accurate nickname...lol!!!

(Edit And lol offtopic so by my own rules new thread on loops nickname!)
Old 12-10-2016, 12:43 AM   #111
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I vote no because it only causes problems between people.
We are all different and probably couldn't agree on much anyway.
As a conservative I have my opinion and 99% of everybody else is liberal so no point in me hanging out in a political forum on this site.
Old 12-10-2016, 03:31 PM   #112
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Could you imagine how batshirt crazy the political boards with all the news coming out on the Russian hacking and top GOP squelching such information?
Old 12-10-2016, 06:40 PM   #113
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojodi View Post
Could you imagine how batshirt crazy the political boards with all the news coming out on the Russian hacking and top GOP squelching such information?
Think positive thoughts...

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
Old 12-10-2016, 11:06 PM   #114
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
If it's anything like real life, it'd just be:

"TRUMP WON SHUT UP."
Old 12-11-2016, 03:20 PM   #115
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deven View Post
If it's anything like real life, it'd just be:

"TRUMP WON SHUT UP."
Well then a special "sammich" would be in order...

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
Old 12-12-2016, 03:06 AM   #116
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Good grief... .... extensive pseudo-political picture books is what we're actually hoping the NPB will be able to do without in the future.....
Old 12-12-2016, 04:42 AM   #117
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Yes. Yes I can.
Old 12-12-2016, 05:37 AM   #118
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

It isn't facebook - those kind of memes should be reserved for that venue
Old 12-12-2016, 06:54 AM   #119
loopytheone
Administrator

On account of this thread going totally off topic, the random image posting and the fact that I will be starting a new thread later today, I am going to lock this thread now.
Closed Thread