Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 06-07-2006, 05:39 PM   #326
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Dinner out-

An Alabama Mexican Restaurant owned by an El Salvadoran, but really it is pretty tasty. My choices for the evening-

Chips and fresh salsa (extra salt added by me )
Carne Asada
Guacamole Salad
Refried Beans
Rice

Gallons of tea (damn salty chips)

Guess what is for lunch tomorrow? (see above)
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:12 PM   #327
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Sketty......easy...lots of parmesan cheese.....salad of orange pepper, red leaf lettuce, cuke, tomato.....
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:17 PM   #328
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Asian-ey, chicken-ey, asparagas-ey sesame cold noodle salad. Recipe here. It's very good.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:36 PM   #329
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

ribs, brisket, beans, coleslaw, potato salad..from the Blue Pig..

OMG>.so freaking good..lol
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:30 PM   #330
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Originally, It was going to be soft flour tacos. But my tortillas were moldy.
I had a bag of yellow corn tortilla chips, so I was going to go with taco salad, but I was out of salad, and out of cheese.

Poor planning.

So I ended up having leftovers.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:24 AM   #331
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Gnocchi bake (gnocchi, vodka sauce, ricotta cheese, mozzarella, italian sausage with green peppers and onions that had been sauteed with garlic and hot sauce).

Steamed broccoli.

Dessert: 2 little Breyers Carb-Smart ice cream sandwiches.
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:27 AM   #332
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

SVS - I noticed in your pic that you had the Virgil's Rootbeer.... is that any good, I saw it at our local co-op and was tempted by it. For some reason I am now craving really cold root beer.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:43 AM   #333
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

I'm making chili with ground beef, tomatoes, and beans - make it nice and thick...for my chili dogs tonight!
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:56 AM   #334
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie
Gnocchi bake (gnocchi, vodka sauce, ricotta cheese, mozzarella, italian sausage with green peppers and onions that had been sauteed with garlic and hot sauce).

Steamed broccoli.

Dessert: 2 little Breyers Carb-Smart ice cream sandwiches.
Jamie, I bought some of those Breyer Carb-smart Ice Cream Sandwiches and while they taste SOOO good and creamy, you're lucky to get maybe. what, two bites?
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:35 AM   #335
jamie
...tickled...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken
Jamie, I bought some of those Breyer Carb-smart Ice Cream Sandwiches and while they taste SOOO good and creamy, you're lucky to get maybe. what, two bites?
Indeed, which required that I eat 2! I think that kind of negates the deal, but, they are so tiny.

The numbers aren't bad though... 2 is only 160 calories and I think 18 carbs, so that is still really good. I also like their almond bars. Have you tried those? I saw the other day WW has an ice cream cone, low sugar deal and I have been sorely tempted.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:54 AM   #336
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Peppers aside, that sounds so good! Did you use Trader Joe's vodka sauce? That stuff is amazing.
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:06 AM   #337
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
SVS - I noticed in your pic that you had the Virgil's Rootbeer.... is that any good, I saw it at our local co-op and was tempted by it. For some reason I am now craving really cold root beer.
Sometimes I wonder if my tastebuds are deficient. To be honest, when I made my root beer float the other day, the soda tasted like...root beer.

Then I went to their site and read about it, and said..."damn! This should be amazing." So last night I opened a cold bottle (this time without ice cream) and sipped it slowly, trying to discern the marvelous ingredients they touted.

Still tasted like...root beer. Nothing exotic. It didn't knock my socks off.

I mean, it was good root beer, but I wouldn't lay out the extra bucks for it again.

If you decide to try it, let me know if you have a better experience with it.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:07 AM   #338
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyday
Peppers aside, that sounds so good! Did you use Trader Joe's vodka sauce? That stuff is amazing.

It is?? Oh goodie! I bought some on Satuday but haven't tried it yet.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 06-08-2006, 11:28 AM   #339
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft
It is?? Oh goodie! I bought some on Satuday but haven't tried it yet.
Did you get some of the teeny dry ravioli they usually sell along side of it? They're only about 1/2" square when cooked? That's what I've had it on and it's fantastic. Hope you like your sauce.
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:58 PM   #340
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Corona Extra, and nachos. Later for the "official" dinner will be a giggling phone conversation as the result of sitting around sipping beer all day.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:20 PM   #341
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

Tonight is...Massaman curry (thai dish made with chicken, potatoes and onions) served with steamed rice and watermelon for dessert.
MLadyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:03 PM   #342
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Did you get some of the teeny dry ravioli they usually sell along side of it? They're only about 1/2" square when cooked? That's what I've had it on and it's fantastic. Hope you like your sauce.
I actually bought the lobster ravs in the refrigerated section. Never tried those either. I didn't see the teeny dry ones! I will look for them.

Hmm..sounds like maybe I should make this for dinner!
Old 06-08-2006, 04:08 PM   #343
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

It was supposed to be cheese ravioli topped with parmesean garlic cream sauce and chicken sauteed in olive oil, garlic, and oregano.

Reality is I mutilated the sauce and tossed the ravioli and chicken together with some olive oil and parmesean.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:57 PM   #344
jamie
...tickled...

Quote:
Nope. Wild Oat's store brand. Not as good as the Bertolli we have been using...I think we have become spoiled to it. I have to say, it would have been better withOUT the peppers. I didn't like it as much tonight for left-overs, but I think I had reached my tomato sauce limit.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:19 PM   #345
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

What a surprise, I had lobster ravioli with TJ's vodka sauce. And a can of "Trade Giotto's" grapefruit soda.

The ravs were blah. The sauce pretty good! My roomie loooooooved the sauce!

Maybe I wasn't in a saucy enough mood...

Here's the obligatory photo:

Old 06-08-2006, 06:17 PM   #346
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Their vodka sauce never mingled with the pasta I purchased. Over a two day period, I ate the sauce, bit by bit with a spoon.

tonight: grilled chicken sandwich on whole wheat bread from school cafeteria. it was eh.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:48 PM   #347
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles
Their vodka sauce never mingled with the pasta I purchased. Over a two day period, I ate the sauce, bit by bit with a spoon.

frankly, my tummy's been bothering me since dinner. could have been the pasta. could have been the fact that it was 2-1/2 servings that I ate by myself. lol
Old 06-08-2006, 08:28 PM   #348
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I keep forgettin pictures.

Tonight was chinese take-out: hot-n-sour soup, potstickers, creamcheese wontons, lemon chicken, pork lo mein, pork crispy-fried noodles, white rice, and the most sinful devil's food cake on the planet.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:04 PM   #349
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I want one of each of what everyone on the Food threads is having. But that's nothing new.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:33 PM   #350
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I got to have PIZZA..I was so freaking excited and it was so damn good.

My educator person said I can have 50 carbs at each meal..I'm choosing wisely..lol

Go me!

MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinner, supper