Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 01-28-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
Eastern_Shadow

Eastern_Shadow has said some nice things
Default Adapting to Weight

Hello, I am not new to the forums, just a long-time lurker, haven't been keeping up with the forums these days so if a similar thread was already made I apologize. I posted this here as well as the weight board.

My question deals with my gaining weight. I'm a male, however I feel I have "feminine qualities" as my gf pointed out, such as bigger hips/thighs/behind. I still have an expanding belly as well, and am trying to adapt to it more, maybe get more tips from anyone.

Recently its harder for me to put on socks, and tie shoes, I'm passed 350lbs, I know for sure, but I know I'm still under 400, pre 350 I could suck in my stomach, but thats pretty much not happening anymore. If anyone has any tips for that, that would be great.

Also, how do you sleep at this size ? On your side?stomach,back etc. ? I heard sleeping on your back isn't good at such a size, and sleeping on my stomach is pretty much not an option, whether I eat before bed or not. Can I prop up pillows and lay in a reclining position while asleep without any risks ?

Lastly, this is probably most obvious. I'm not really a feedee, and for a short amount of time in hs I used to be a gainer, but I still climb in weight, sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly. Recently its been more rapid because of my appetite. How do you cope with this at your sizes ? I can't keep making huge dinners/getting deliveries/takeout without putting a huge dent in my wallet.

~Are there any recipes that can be made in bulk thats cheap besides pasta? ( I make tons of penne pasta as well as chicken alfredo). I come from a Hispanic/West Indian background, so when I get the ingredients I go all out to make hispanic dishes, but mostly been keeping to making pasta/deliveries/takeout.
Eastern_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
iheartsquishys

iheartsquishys can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesiheartsquishys can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I can't really say much about adjusting to gaining weight as my weight gain has always been very slow and I've just naturally adapted as I go. However I had to lose around 75 pounds for a recent knee surgery. I've had to stay just barely above underweight while it heals. I know how you feel about adjusting to a different body. I've had to adjust how I move pallets around at work. I used to be able to just put my shoulder into them, now it hurts my shoulder and the pallet doesn't move. Bending certain ways causes bones to knock together now that were never a problem before.
For the shoe issue, I recommend velcro or shoes that can slip on. Its been a secret weapon of pregnant women for years.
As far as a the sleeping postition, I really don't know. My only concern would be if the weight of your stomach could put enough pressure on your thighs to impede circulation. If you calves swell or your feet "fall asleep" while you're in that position, its probably not a good idea to sleep that way.
For bulk foods I'd go with beans or rice. The protein in beans will fill you up and can beans can be made in massive batches and be reheated without losing flavor or texture. Cajun red beans and rice can be made in a big slow cooker and eaten for days (don't bother with the soaking all day, just put them in the pot). Chilli or cinncinatti chilli would be good for that too.
I hope that helps.
iheartsquishys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:30 PM   #3
Eastern_Shadow

Sorry to hear about your experiences, but thanks for the advice. I actually started to buy rice in semi bulk, try to have my gf make it or myself 2-3 times a week to not overdose~

My weight gain has been a fast/moderate type of rate, going up a lot due to these past seasons, so I gues thats why thijngs are kind of sudden for me. I'll try those shoes you mentioned however, only slip ons Ive ever worn were house slippers/beach sandals lol
Old 01-30-2010, 10:49 PM   #4
Geodetic_Effect

Geodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going on

I weigh 365 and i've never had any problems putting on socks or tying shoes so don't know how to help you out there. I sleep on both sides and occasionally on my back, but mostly on my belly, but not flat on my belly, shifted to one side or the other. I shift around a lot throughout the night. Rice is great bulk food. also great to stock as an emergency food. restaurant depot sells 50lb bags for $13. If stored in a cool, dark, dry place that pests can't get into, it will keep indefinitely.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:04 PM   #5
chicken legs
yawn

chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I agree with Iheartsquishys on the shoes. I went shoe shopping with Escapist and got him to try some black leather slip-ons and he loves them.

Also a health aware chef showed us lentil recipes to use instead of using rice and pasta. Again I agree with Iheartsquishys because things like beans and lentils are very filling and very healthy.
chicken legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:21 AM   #6
ImNotFunny

ImNotFunny can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesImNotFunny can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I messed up my ankle a bunch of years back playing hockey and it was never "the same" but I've been feeling it a lot more in the 325-350 range as I was in the 260-280 range I'm usually used to.
ImNotFunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:47 AM   #7
Wanderer
Actor at Extra-Large

Wanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot pics

On sleeping positions, the best thing is to try them all; see what works for you. Some people find a gain worsens or starts sleep apnea; others don't. And even sleep apnea can be handled with a positive air pressure machine.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:31 PM   #8
Eastern_Shadow

Thanks for all the tips, I found out I weigh 380lbs just yesterday after buying a scale that goes up to 450 finally. I think the reason behind me having trouble putting on socks/shoes is not only because of my belly, but as I've said before, also because I have a big lower body, when I went down to Atlanta I got mistaken for a female a few times

So far I've either tried putting them on in bed or having my gf handle it (rarely), I would go barefoot, but its gotten waaayyy cold all of a sudden here so I keep them on as much as possible.

Some of the new things I've had to do recently are get rid of my computer chair arms, and buy new clothing of course. Something that has also happened most often, is I've been waking up hungry. I do eat sometimes right before bed, would that be a reason why ?
Old 02-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #9
Geodetic_Effect

Geodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going on

I always wake up hungry.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:30 AM   #10
RJI
Excuses, Excuses, Excuses

RJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging in

Sounds like you are not cut out to be a big person. Not everyone can carry this much weight comfortably and maintain a healthy life. I'm in the 450 range now and can still touch my toes and tie my shoes etc but i do weight lift and do lots of stretches keeping my big ass flexible.
As far as sleeping i basically sleep in the fetal position but that is mainly because of the herniated disks i suffered in a car accident. They have healed up but i'm comfy in that position with a knee pillow between my legs.
Food
I eat a lot so i try to pop in 50% or more vegetables in every meal and never eat white grain ie: white bread, white pasta, white rice etc as this just makes me gain weight uncontrollably. I also cut out 98% of my sugar intake and just use a little in my coffee or tea.
I pound fresh salads whenever i'm hungry to keep myself from being the 1000lb guy who gets carted off by the fire dept on t.v.

I am getting older and about to start reducing in size mostly because od all the years of athletics and weight have taken a toll on the knees and its time to give them a break.

:eat1:
RJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:09 PM   #11
Tam

Tam can now change their title

im always hungry and tired:S
Tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #12
Eastern_Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJI View Post
Sounds like you are not cut out to be a big person. Not everyone can carry this much weight comfortably and maintain a healthy life. I'm in the 450 range now and can still touch my toes and tie my shoes etc but i do weight lift and do lots of stretches keeping my big ass flexible.
As far as sleeping i basically sleep in the fetal position but that is mainly because of the herniated disks i suffered in a car accident. They have healed up but i'm comfy in that position with a knee pillow between my legs.
Food
I eat a lot so i try to pop in 50% or more vegetables in every meal and never eat white grain ie: white bread, white pasta, white rice etc as this just makes me gain weight uncontrollably. I also cut out 98% of my sugar intake and just use a little in my coffee or tea.
I pound fresh salads whenever i'm hungry to keep myself from being the 1000lb guy who gets carted off by the fire dept on t.v.

I am getting older and about to start reducing in size mostly because od all the years of athletics and weight have taken a toll on the knees and its time to give them a break.
Thank you for the food tips. Despite the subjects I have made in my original post, I do love being the size I am/gaining weight, such as the feeling of it, and the comments I get. I just majorily wanted to know if there was some "secret" thing someone may do to make things easier at said size whether it was dealing with recipes, movement, basically things to look out for such as those new FAs in the SSBBW thread in the weight room.

I had already contemplated on working out to gain some muscle to be more mobile, although I know that it will still be difficult to handle certain things if I get bigger. Thanks again