Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 03-20-2007, 01:44 PM   #151
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet_Beauregard View Post
I'd eat out EVERY day if I could afford it, and get away with it....
Really? This is an open question: don't you find that most places where you can eat out fairly quickly get boring after a while? There is a ton of variety in the nicer places, but meals there always take quite some time. So when you look at food you can get fairly quickly, there just isn't that much variety....

Then again, I guess variety may be down the priority list a bit. The 'treat myself' factor, convenience, etc may trump that.

-Ed
Old 03-20-2007, 01:45 PM   #152
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Cici's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet_Beauregard View Post
I'd eat out EVERY day if I could afford it, and get away with it....
Cici's opens here, in Lebanon, Tn. on 3/26/07 (scheduled opening,
I contacted home office), and I plan on doing MONUMENTAL DAMAGE!!!
.........All You Can Eat Pizza for about $6.00...ROAAAAAAAAR!!!!

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:47 PM   #153
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default food fantasies.

I have a variety of food fantasies. One of them is stopping from home for a 'small' meal at a fast food place, then going home to have a proper meal afterwards. Getting that junky treat and then the tasty home cooked food, and of course breaking all sorts of food taboos....eating fast food regularly, 'eating before meals,' having double meals, sneaking food, probably a couple of others that I've not identified. It definately feeds my 'give in to temptation' desires.

-Ed
Old 03-20-2007, 02:05 PM   #154
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
Yes it resonates. I tried Dimensions once and I've never kicked the habit. No, I'm not joking or being facetious. It is fairly benign as addictions go, but damn strait it is an addiction, and I don't like being addicted. And by the way, I was planning not to post for the rest of the week, to give the addiction a break. Hah!

Also, tried a cigarette once, realized that despite the queasiness there was something to it that I wanted again, and solemly vowed never, ever, not even for someone else, to buy tobacco products (1 of only three absolute vows I've made to myself). I think if I'd dabbled any more I would have been hooked, and even after a hella lot of years I can remember the feeling.

So yes I tend to now shy away from anything I think could be addictive. I resist temptation like total crap (giving in to temptation is a turn on for me), which makes dealing with anything vaguely addictive stupidly hard to do.

So, total respect on saying "there is a cliff over there, I'm not going even freaking close to it!"

But a question (pure request for information--not trying to imply anything or judge or whatever): are you saying that you think admitting to the fantasies would put you close to the cliff?

Regards;

-Ed
Admitting, no. DOING...quite possibly, yes. They ain't never gonna keep me down on the farm once I done seen the big city.

or such is my fear, based on knowing myself.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:37 PM   #155
Tad
mostly harmless

Default avoiding the outskirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
Admitting, no. DOING...quite possibly, yes. They ain't never gonna keep me down on the farm once I done seen the big city.
OK, I totally get that.

We all differ, your mileage may vary, and all that jazz, but the following is true for me: by talking about my fantasies here, it has been easier for me to draw sharp lines of what I will and won't do, and to keep the fantasies from bleeding over into life and subtly affecting my behavior. I think it is the process of being explicit with "this is a fantasy/desire of mine" I'm more clearly able to see it for that, and hence to recognize it when it tries to wheedle into more normal life. Or something like that.

Not saying it works that way for you, just grist for the mental mill.

-Ed
Old 03-20-2007, 02:46 PM   #156
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I want to be taken out by a bossy, domineering but incredibly beautiful high femme woman. I want her to take me to dinner--she pays. She orders rich, decadent food followed by huge, totally sinful desserts. For both of us. Any further description belongs in the fantasy thread.
activistfatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:00 PM   #157
Chad

Chad can now change their title

I have a confession, IM JUST HERE FOR THE BUD LIGHT!

No, but I secretly overdid myself eating from time to time. After have lived in a town filled with a Chinese buffets on every corner, and Lambert's down the road (Missouri thing). It's amazing I still am skinny, and even more amazing I didn't run into a beautiful goddess at one of these places? But, there's my confession father, it has been two weeks since my last confession.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:09 PM   #158
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by activistfatgirl View Post
Any further description belongs in the fantasy thread.
And it damn well better end up there.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:12 PM   #159
Violet_Beauregard

Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I don't mean fast food every day.... I would go out for a nice sit-down meal, every single day. Strictly for the convenience of having it prepared for me. I like fast-food, but not for every meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
Really? This is an open question: don't you find that most places where you can eat out fairly quickly get boring after a while? There is a ton of variety in the nicer places, but meals there always take quite some time. So when you look at food you can get fairly quickly, there just isn't that much variety....

Then again, I guess variety may be down the priority list a bit. The 'treat myself' factor, convenience, etc may trump that.

-Ed
Violet_Beauregard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:37 PM   #160
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My SIL and her husband eat out every day. And not fast food either, but to fancy-schmancy places. After their last kid moved out, its like they closed the kitchen.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:47 PM   #161
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by activistfatgirl View Post
I want to be taken out by a bossy, domineering but incredibly beautiful high femme woman. I want her to take me to dinner--she pays. She orders rich, decadent food followed by huge, totally sinful desserts. For both of us. Any further description belongs in the fantasy thread.
Nice!! Take pictures.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:48 PM   #162
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
My SIL and her husband eat out every day. And not fast food either, but to fancy-schmancy places. After their last kid moved out, its like they closed the kitchen.
Did you see my reply about sending back things?? I'm still confused by that one, just wanted to make sure you saw it.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:52 PM   #163
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
Did you see my reply about sending back things?? I'm still confused by that one, just wanted to make sure you saw it.
Yes, I saw your reply. Don't be confused, Just askin'.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:52 PM   #164
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by out.of.habit View Post
Oh no! Witnesses!
i'm writing this down in my notebook for fyoo-cher reference.

Old 03-20-2007, 03:55 PM   #165
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm about to make a baked pasta casserole thingy..I really need someone to come over for dinner so I don't eat the whole darn thing..lol

In other news..I had a really, really hot dream during a nap earlier....... let's just say......well....never mind..LOL
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:59 PM   #166
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Yes, I saw your reply. Don't be confused, Just askin'.
Okay.... I was afeered there was some confusion about something at somepoint in sometime.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:01 PM   #167
philosobear
Thriving circuitously

philosobear can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesphilosobear can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

".....Yes it resonates. I tried Dimensions once and I've never kicked the habit. No, I'm not joking or being facetious. It is fairly benign as addictions go, but damn strait it is an addiction, and I don't like being addicted. And by the way, I was planning not to post for the rest of the week, to give the addiction a break. Hah!

So yes I tend to now shy away from anything I think could be addictive. I resist temptation like total crap (giving in to temptation is a turn on for me), which makes dealing with anything vaguely addictive stupidly hard to do...."

Ed, I was just walking around my house thinking exactly these thoughts...thanks for voicing them...

I think you and Jes are both right...resisting temptation is something about being realistic about how close you can get to it...it's like standing on top of a bell curve...and while the view from the top of St Paul's dome is a privilaged one, the view from too far down it's sides will blur with the speed of one's fall...

I'm not sure yet whether dimensions does more to help me explore my fantasies or to get me indulging them...
philosobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:01 PM   #168
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

I've been home 59 mins and I've eaten a piece of leftover chicken pot pie (last piece) and the last half of a box of Junior Mints (movie size).

Already know what I'm making for dinner later (noodles/chicken) and am going to hit the chips/dip when I finish doing a chore.

Pit? Yes, but still not as bad as it was last week.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:08 PM   #169
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
I've been home 59 mins and I've eaten a piece of leftover chicken pot pie (last piece) and the last half of a box of Junior Mints (movie size).

Already know what I'm making for dinner later (noodles/chicken) and am going to hit the chips/dip when I finish doing a chore.

Pit? Yes, but still not as bad as it was last week.
I have vegetable dip in the fridge but no chips...... THANKS FOR MAKING ME GO OUT AGAIN, ANN MARIE

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:09 PM   #170
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
I have vegetable dip in the fridge but no chips...... THANKS FOR MAKING ME GO OUT AGAIN, ANN MARIE
Sowwy.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:21 PM   #171
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Someone (or is it someones ) has turned me into a dip addict. I found a veggie dill dip, and I just can't get enough of the stuff. With chips, carrot sticks, celery sticks, doritos, broccoli and cauliflower "flowerettes", jicama, green pepper slices, red pepper slices, jalopenos (fresh sliced)... and I'm tempted to try it on lettuce leaves...
Old 03-20-2007, 04:21 PM   #172
Violet_Beauregard

Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've been home 90 minutes and I've had 1/2 a bag of Doritos and about 6 bite-size snickers... and I'm working on a can of Coke.

I should have stopped for dinner.....
Violet_Beauregard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:12 PM   #173
philosobear
Thriving circuitously

philosobear can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesphilosobear can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I thought of the saltiness of Anne-Marie's crisps, and went and ate dirty 9p noodles...and loved it...
Old 03-20-2007, 05:12 PM   #174
philosobear
Thriving circuitously

and that was not, by any means, meant to come out like that....
Old 03-20-2007, 05:22 PM   #175
Waxwing
Reckless Hero

Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosobear View Post
and that was not, by any means, meant to come out like that....
It was, and you know it.