Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 08-06-2014, 07:51 PM   #101
Tom the pig 8

Tom the pig 8 can now change their title
Default Sweet Dreams

Too bad not all dreams could be sweet dreams.
I'm retired now, but most dreams I remember are about me having big problems at work. My dream work days are always wicked bad... way worse than I remember my actual work days being.
Tom the pig 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:44 AM   #102
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Erm so last night I had a very short sleep, but it produced a rather weird dream.

If I could quote a line "this is why Mr Pistorius is innocent, and you must find him innocent"
Yep I was his lawyer, and I won!

I only remember doing a long closing speach, and a court room celebration.

I do hope this is not a premonition, he is super guilty.
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:46 PM   #103
bayone

bayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglynch View Post
If I could quote a line "this is why Mr Pistorius is innocent, and you must find him innocent"
Yep I was his lawyer, and I won!
Well, if I'm ever on trial for murder, I'll try to get you as my lawyer...
bayone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:20 AM   #104
bayone

bayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Three short music-related dreams:
1. In a bar/club, Iggy Pop was playing the spoons. He was still very rock'n'roll about it.
2. Jughead and The Archies singing a song about a three-digit number, possibly 116.
3. I came across a notice from 2012 that someone was trying to have my childhood home rezoned so they could turn it into a nightclub. I told my brother, who said if they did he wanted to play there with his band. The notice also mentioned a cat, and I felt surprised that my childhood cat could still be alive.

Also, a noir-movie dream, in which a couple find the (relatively small) proceeds of a bank robbery and keep it, managing over the next couple of hours to drink most of it away and get into a fight over the rest.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:46 AM   #105
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayone View Post
Three short music-related dreams:
1. In a bar/club, Iggy Pop was playing the spoons. He was still very rock'n'roll about it.
2. Jughead and The Archies singing a song about a three-digit number, possibly 116.
3. I came across a notice from 2012 that someone was trying to have my childhood home rezoned so they could turn it into a nightclub. I told my brother, who said if they did he wanted to play there with his band. The notice also mentioned a cat, and I felt surprised that my childhood cat could still be alive.

Also, a noir-movie dream, in which a couple find the (relatively small) proceeds of a bank robbery and keep it, managing over the next couple of hours to drink most of it away and get into a fight over the rest.
Lol at the randomness of the bolded one, in particular.

I had a dream night before last about someone here, but it wasn't _that_ kind of dream. I dreamt that I was traveling with this person (Mr. X) to meet another forum member (Ms. Y; who doesn't really exist, as far as I know) so that she could assist Mr. X in writing and submitting a journal article on the new species of freshwater turtle he discovered at a lake near his home from his rowboat. (Sorry that I can't share the delightful mental image that accompanied this bit of the dream. ) I'm pretty sure my dream was inspired by shandyman's mention of the journal article he recently submitted (although, oddly enough, he was not Mr. X in my dream), as well as a manuscript that I am presently editing for someone, and an 8-year-old boy who told me last week that his favorite animal is a turtle. I'm not sure why I didn't offer to help Mr. X with his journal submission, because I actually have a decent amount of experience with that sort of thing. My presence in the dream appeared to be quite superfluous, really. I guess I was just there to lend moral support.
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 12:47 PM   #106
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

So I had a dream about my grandma the other night and I had been missing her for awhile but I don't think about her often, and I think it was her saying hi to me from beyond this world. I last remember seeing her as 11 year old me and not knowing how sick she was or that she was going to die. I barely remember anything long term, but I do remember her being sick in bed and her last moments in that bed with my mom taking care of her. But in this dream, it was good. She was up and walking, she looked like I remembered her, old, but health. She was my grandma. She even said "hi Sherry" which to me was a big deal because I don't remember this stuff from a small age. Maybe it was my subconscious remembering, but who knows... it was her voice though (I've seen old home movies), and it was just nice being able to say hi to my grandma as a grown woman because I didn't get to know her past 11.
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:50 AM   #107
bayone

My dreams have been pretty scattershot of late. I remember fragments of one a few days ago where I was wandering around some post-apocalyptic city -- it had actually all been rebuilt, as it was several generations post-apocalyptic, but at one point a teenager said "radical, dude," and I realized they must have derived their language from old 1980s North American media.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:28 AM   #108
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0emnem0x View Post
So I had a dream about my grandma the other night and I had been missing her for awhile but I don't think about her often, and I think it was her saying hi to me from beyond this world. I last remember seeing her as 11 year old me and not knowing how sick she was or that she was going to die. I barely remember anything long term, but I do remember her being sick in bed and her last moments in that bed with my mom taking care of her. But in this dream, it was good. She was up and walking, she looked like I remembered her, old, but health. She was my grandma. She even said "hi Sherry" which to me was a big deal because I don't remember this stuff from a small age. Maybe it was my subconscious remembering, but who knows... it was her voice though (I've seen old home movies), and it was just nice being able to say hi to my grandma as a grown woman because I didn't get to know her past 11.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostEater View Post
I had a dream once like yours. My mom died when I was nine. Years later when I was in high school I had a dream that she found me and hugged me. She was clothed in white and everything was glowing. When I dream of lost loved ones I usually justify in my head during the dream that everyone didn't realize they were still alive. But in this dream I knew she was gone and it felt like she was coming back to comfort me.
My parents have been deceased for over thirty years, but they occasionally show up in my dreams. We sit around and talk, all very low key, but when I wake up I feel comforted ... and blessed.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:13 AM   #109
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I rarely remember my dreams, but last night was an exception, and since we're sharing dreams of the deceased, they are fitting. I dreamed of my mom and dad last night. They both were happy and we were at my Grandmother's house (also deceased) and she was there too. My pop and myself were watching the Aggies make a last minute comeback in a football game and mom was talking to Grandma. I remember my dad being aggravated with me for something, but he didn't want to go into it and spoil our time together, but later in the dream we sat down in the kitchen and talked and it turned out to be something trivial and we laughed and said we loved each other and the last thing I remember is being so happy and thankful to God that he looked younger and healthier than the last time I had seen him when he was sick and wasting away, that I started crying, and then I woke up with wet eyes and the sadness that it was only a dream, yet the comfort of knowing beyond any rational or scientific way of knowing that they were all ok and happy.

Oh, and for an off the wall, absurd dream. I also remember being single and telling my dog Molly, who was snuggling in my lap at the time that she could be my girlfriend as long as it was an open relationship as I would have to get my other needs met by an actual human.

Last edited by LeoGibson; 10-18-2014 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Punctuation
LeoGibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:22 AM   #110
bayone

Had one of those dreams where you discover a familiar house has rooms you'd never noticed before:
In this one I was at my great-aunt's house -- a number of other of people were staying over and I said "Don't worry, there's more than one guest bedroom (which is true in RL). Then I started wondering how many extra beds there actually were, went upstairs to count and kept finding more and more.
At one point I came across half-a-dozen cousins or friends of cousins I'd never met, who seemed equally puzzled as to who I was. I turned a corner and there was an entire gymnasium; at the other end it led into the upper floor of a shopping mall that I knew had to be down the road. At this point, even in the dream, I began to wonder how this worked -- did the house spill over into the attics of neighbouring houses?
Meanwhile there was a shooting in the shopping mall -- the shooter missed, his intended victim just looked annoyed, but an elderly Asian woman got grazed on the hand, so I offered to help -- we borrowed a phone off another woman to call the cops, and I brought her back to the house to recuperate, but once there I began to explore the house again.
This time I found a room that contained a bunch of my old clothes, paintings I knew were mine but couldn't recall having done, and a wall full of vintage theatrical posters. there was also a small window which I climbed out of, determined to figure out how this building actually worked.
Outside there was a sort of porch which hadn't been walked on in years and which actually consisted only of lathes laid across roof beams without anything to secure them. Nevertheless I made my way around and saw the that the upper storey of Aunt J.'s house did indeed extend into the neighbour's house on one side, and somehow turned into an ancient store (not the shopping mall) on the other; also there were trees growing out of it.
I returned to the window I'd come out of -- for some reason that hadn't been difficult, but to get back in I was going to have to slide through head first. By now I was quite dirty from clambering around out there; also I was suddenly barefoot and in a nightgown. Resigning myself to the fact that I was going to bruise my ribs and stomach on the lower edge of the window frame doing this, I reflected that when I'd lived in the house before as a six-year-old (also true in RL) , I wouldn't have dared any of these things -- just then the alarm went off and I woke up.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:44 AM   #111
GhostEater

GhostEater does more than just post hot picsGhostEater does more than just post hot picsGhostEater does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayone View Post
Had one of those dreams where you discover a familiar house has rooms you'd never noticed before:
I love those dreams. Yours sounds awesome and fun. When it happens to me I usually think,"I can't wait to move into a new bedroom. How did I never notice all these cool rooms before?" Sometimes it'll combine with new pets that I never remember I had. And then I'll feel bad because nobody's fed these dogs in six years apparently.
GhostEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:50 AM   #112
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostEater View Post
Sometimes it'll combine with new pets that I never remember I had. And then I'll feel bad because nobody's fed these dogs in six years apparently.
But would they have eaten? I can't recall having a dream in which anyone else ate anything. And I only had one dream in which I was eating.
The food had no taste whatsoever, possibly because I awoke to find I was chewing on my pillow.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:50 AM   #113
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

I dont remember much from my dream this morning but there was definitely a rabid raccoon. hmmm
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:55 AM   #114
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I was trying to kill an infestation of flying poisonous zabra-striped fish.... yeah, I don't know.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:58 AM   #115
bayone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
The food had no taste whatsoever, possibly because I awoke to find I was chewing on my pillow.
Yeah, my experience with dream food is that either has no taste, has the wrong taste, or, upon closer inspection, turns out to be something else (i.e., the piece of sushi that was actually a piece of silk fabric with fish scales printed on it.)
Old 10-19-2014, 02:38 PM   #116
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellis10 View Post
I was trying to kill an infestation of flying poisonous zabra-striped fish.... yeah, I don't know.
Zebrafish are a commonly used model organism for studies involving genetic manipulation, so you never know--it could happen.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:59 AM   #117
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ugh....woke up painfully horny after dreaming about fucking this fat guy I know all night. Now I'm actually considering getting on a plane and flying for 2h to go fuck him IRL, then flying back for work tomorrow.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:44 AM   #118
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I had a dream about zombies....that didn't scare me. All seemed rather business as usual.
That's what I get for too much time spent talking about The Walking Dead

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:43 AM   #119
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
I had a dream about zombies....that didn't scare me. All seemed rather business as usual.
That's what I get for too much time spent talking about The Walking Dead
Or, perhaps, dealing with bureaucrats.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:07 PM   #120
Goreki
Fairy tales and Woe

Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I had a dream last night about hooking up with someone that I've been thinking about hooking up with for a long time.
It would have been awesome except for the fact that all I dreamed about was us deciding to hook up, and then trying to act normally around the people we were with afterwards.

COMPLETELY MISSING THE GOOD BITS THAT I WANT TO DREAM ABOUT!!
Argh argh arghh!
Old 10-21-2014, 04:08 PM   #121
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I keep dreaming about working with the kids at my internship. I love my internship and all but it's not relaxing to dream about. (I mistyped "love my" and autocorrect made it "log emu")
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:10 PM   #122
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by lille View Post
I keep dreaming about working with the kids at my internship. I love my internship and all but it's not relaxing to dream about. (I mistyped "love my" and autocorrect made it "log emu")
So tonight you can dream about recording large birds at your internship.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:29 PM   #123
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I had a dream last night a man in a striped suit threw a bat(animal) at me. I deflected it and it hit someone's parked truck and broke the window. I knew the owner was going to be mad so I ran because I didn't want to pay for the damage. Then I woke up.
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:20 AM   #124
Ohio Lady

Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I had a dream about meeting with a friend I have wanted to meet for a long time. We were laughing, joking and just talking and then my cell phone went off with a message and wow.. it was the person I was dreaming about.
Ohio Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:38 AM   #125
MsBrightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goreki View Post
I had a dream last night about hooking up with someone that I've been thinking about hooking up with for a long time.
It would have been awesome except for the fact that all I dreamed about was us deciding to hook up, and then trying to act normally around the people we were with afterwards.

COMPLETELY MISSING THE GOOD BITS THAT I WANT TO DREAM ABOUT!!
Argh argh arghh!
That does sound frustrating. I hope you get another chance to enjoy the experience, whether it's in your dreams or somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankyguy View Post
I had a dream last night a man in a striped suit threw a bat(animal) at me. I deflected it and it hit someone's parked truck and broke the window. I knew the owner was going to be mad so I ran because I didn't want to pay for the damage. Then I woke up.
The striped suit makes the guy sound kind of gansterish. Good think he was armed with a bat instead of a tommy gun.

Tags
dream, sleep