Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Archives > Hyde Park (Archive Only)

Old 10-06-2016, 06:51 AM   #26
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
Unfortunately we can't do away with people we find annoying

Or another topic for the dog scentric - the montreal dog ban.
Yeah, we're hard to get rid of.

On the dog front -- breed specific bans are BS -- pit bulls are great dogs. Our female brindle died a few months ago after 13 years of being the best family pet and companion imaginable (miss you Coco).
Old 10-06-2016, 07:09 AM   #27
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Yeah, we're hard to get rid of.

On the dog front -- breed specific bans are BS -- pit bulls are great dogs. Our female brindle died a few months ago after 13 years of being the best family pet and companion imaginable (miss you Coco).
Doesn't it get tiresome being where you aren't wanted? I mean, you, Deli and Bio have successfully driven off posters and effectively killed a subforum because all you know how to do is antagonize each other.

You had even agreed to stop with the Deli N Mac back and forth thing at one point (years ago now,) but you absolutely refuse to stop arguing with a brick wall so you dominate whole threads.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:45 AM   #28
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Given that we agree on most issues I've always thought it odd that you compare me to Bio and Deli.

Its my personal philosophy that hate must be confronted. When Bio and Deli espouse hateful messages I feel obligated to respond. Although I've long since stopped addressing Deli's inane arguments point by point.

For far too long conservative haters and blowhards have gotten a free pass because liberals have not called them on their bull shit. The result is that they become ever more bold -- just witness Trump and his deplorables.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:36 AM   #29
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Given that we agree on most issues I've always thought it odd that you compare me to Bio and Deli.
I compare you to Deli and Bio because you are the same sort of wall. The issues are irrelevant. While you can change views occasionally, you are just as willfully obtuse as they are. Being unwilling to see the world beyond your own nose is what puts you in the same class as them. You also use the same tactics they do, which leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I've watched you move goalposts on people who don't agree with you. And don't ask for examples at this stage; I've been gone for two years.

And I missed this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Beautiful Dreamer View Post
Hi, Deven!!!
Hi, BBD!
Old 10-07-2016, 12:37 AM   #30
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deven View Post
It wouldn't be so bad if you could show evidence and they give you credit for a fair point, but rebutt with something of their own.

Nope. They just tell you that you are flat out wrong or stick fingers in their ears. Or refuse to link sources.
But they've got Facebook memes! Really dank ones, even!

Checkmate, Libs!
Old 10-07-2016, 12:59 AM   #31
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

But seriously, I think the real problem (and I'll concede that some folks here might not view it as a problem) is that there really isn't a case beyond simple animosity left to be made that Sec. Clinton is the worse of the two major party candidates. Without that, there's not much point for conservatives in continuing the argument.

There's still (or was until recently; they're not doing well these days) the option of promoting third-party candidates, but that tends toward bad-faith arguments that are hard to sustain.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:12 AM   #32
Big Beautiful Dreamer
ridiculously contented

Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!

Okay, here's what I've been noticing. Around the time of the convention, maybe a little earlier, Bio dropped off the radar as abruptly as he had popped back up.

Deli's been active until recently -- but now, nothing. Total radio silence.

I don't know if they want me to PM them and ask if they're all right and urge them to come back... but I don't respond well to hostage situations, so...

whatever's going on, we are minus Deli and Bio.

I will infract anyone who responds too inappropriately to that news. I do, however, encourage lively conversation to continue in their absence.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:56 AM   #33
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

Quote:
I will infract anyone who responds too inappropriately to that news.
Imagine going through life like this.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:58 AM   #34
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Okay, here's what I've been noticing. Around the time of the convention, maybe a little earlier, Bio dropped off the radar as abruptly as he had popped back up.

I don't know if they want me to PM them and ask if they're all right and urge them to come back... but I don't respond well to hostage situations, so...

I will infract anyone who responds too inappropriately to that news. I do, however, encourage lively conversation to continue in their absence.
Bio comes and goes like a normal internet user.
Deli, hmmm, working more?
Old 10-07-2016, 05:31 PM   #35
Big Beautiful Dreamer
ridiculously contented

Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Verde View Post
Imagine going through life like this.
I don't go through life like this; I manage Hyde Park like this. You have no idea who I am and how I function.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:26 PM   #36
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

Will I get an infraction by saying this news might convince me to come back?
Old 10-08-2016, 07:15 PM   #37
CleverBomb
On Space Out

Quote:

I'm surprised that they left entirely rather than just lurking.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:21 PM   #38
ditzygirl

ditzygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesditzygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesditzygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Why are you upset they left ?
Old 10-08-2016, 11:29 PM   #39
CleverBomb
On Space Out

Upset? "Disappointed" is more like it.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:54 AM   #40
Big Beautiful Dreamer
ridiculously contented

Dromond! Just in time! You brought doughnuts, right?
Old 10-09-2016, 06:28 AM   #41
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Sorry. I misplaced the donuts. (*burp*)
Old 10-09-2016, 11:44 AM   #42
Sculptor

Sculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this board

I'm not a bumper sticker person, but I saw the one yesterday that reads "Everybody Sucks 2016" for the first time and it made me laugh because I feel like I should've seen this more than once.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:21 PM   #43
CleverBomb
On Space Out

This is where I once again wish this board had a better way of embedding Tweets...

Sweet Meteor O'Death
@smod2016
Quote:
1: Is there a way Trump and Hillary can both lose?
2: Yes, but it involves the mass extinction of…
1: <interrupting> You had me at "yes."
10:29 PM - 3 May 2016
Old 10-10-2016, 01:48 PM   #44
Sculptor

Sculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBomb View Post
This is where I once again wish this board had a better way of embedding Tweets...

Sweet Meteor O'Death
@smod2016
10:29 PM - 3 May 2016
LOL
Well, I reckon we're going to get

_________ either way
  1. violated
  2. confused
  3. to pet sting rays
Old 10-10-2016, 03:25 PM   #45
CleverBomb
On Space Out

There's always the option of unspeakable, nameless, and eternal horrors.
Why choose the lesser evil?
Cthulhu 2016 -- Vote Best Evil!

What do you have to lose except your sanity?
Old 10-11-2016, 09:38 AM   #46
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBomb View Post
There's always the option of unspeakable, nameless, and eternal horrors.
Why choose the lesser evil?
Cthulhu 2016 -- Vote Best Evil!

What do you have to lose except your sanity?
I see what you're saying but the annihilation sounds expensive.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:39 AM   #47
Deven
Wendigo

My husband is rotating shirts:

He has one that says "Starscream for President," one that says "Optimus Prime for President," and one that says "Megatron for President. Why vote for a lesser evil?"
Old 10-13-2016, 06:16 AM   #48
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

*ears perk* Bio's gone?

Well this is good news! Hey all, I think I may try to post more again

And I must say I agree with bigmac. Hate must be confronted, or it becomes the status quo.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:37 AM   #49
Deven
Wendigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leishycat View Post

And I must say I agree with bigmac. Hate must be confronted, or it becomes the status quo.
There comes a point where you are wasting your time. I've been on this board 8 years, and I've realized that arguing with either deli or bio is a futile effort and keystrokes better spent elsewhere on people that actually want to debate.

Let them spew their hate because you are just wasting your own time trying to defend your position because they literally don't care to change theirs at all. They are not open to seeing anything else. They are the ones that are on the wrong side of history.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:22 AM   #50
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

It went quiet due to fatigue. Tired of the pissing, moaning, whining, complaining, shit slinging, grandstanding etc. Yeah, some people seem to feed off of that sort of thing but most folks can only take so much of it.

And the problem isn't just the right side of the aisle either.

And one other thing...infracting people for reacting inappropriately? Seriously? Are we in grade school again? Another reason people have left this site.