Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Archives > Hyde Park (Archive Only)

Old 10-29-2016, 01:38 PM   #1
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Early Voting

I went to the grocery store today. I was stopped by a woman in the parking lot asking if I would support Hilary. When I said yes, she smiled, handed me a flyer with the names of the candidates supported by the Democratic Party. There was also a list on the back of places that were options for early voting.

She then told me something I wasn't aware of...you don't have to go to your designated poling place for early voting. How convenient! I love that...but it makes me wonder: why isn't the voting on November 8th made that easy? What is the difference?
I have been given grief when showing up at the wrong election center in years past because I had moved out of the district. But as long as I go early, then it doesn't matter? I don't get it....

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Old 10-29-2016, 04:19 PM   #2
Big Beautiful Dreamer
ridiculously contented

Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!

Once your address has changed, it is your responsibility to notify your (new) board of elections and get a new voter-registration card, simply because there's no way the board of elections can keep up with everyone moving around.

Likewise, as long as 80%-plus of voters vote on Election Day, the only way the poll workers have the right books with the names, addresses, and bar-code stickers in them is if you show up at the (new) right polling place. I don't know how they can manage it with early voting, but I have early-voted.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:09 PM   #3
Magpie
girly face

Magpie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMagpie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMagpie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

My wife and I tried to do absentee ballots. However, we had them sent to our address in Pittsburgh, thinking they would come before we left for Michigan. They didn't.

So they might be being forwarded on to us in time, or we might try to get to our polling station on election day if we get back to PA in time and she is able to walk far enough to go in... In retrospect, we probably should have tried to vote early.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:31 PM   #4
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post

... why isn't the voting on November 8th made that easy? ...
Some states try to facilitate voting -- others put up road blocks. Its not random -- there are some pretty obvious patterns.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:57 PM   #5
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Dropped off my ballot in the box in front of the county administration building today. No ID required -- no hassle -- just walk up to the box on the sidewalk which is accessible 24/7 for the entire month preceding election day.

Its nice to live in a state that makes voting easy!
Old 10-31-2016, 09:03 AM   #6
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I just go to my voting place on Election Day.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:55 PM   #7
HereticFA

HereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Its nice to live in a state that makes voting easy!
Or maybe a little too easy...
http://www.dailybreeze.com/governmen...s-in-san-pedro

I'm sure any irregularities would have been resolved when they checked the signatures of the ballot against the registration card.
Old 11-04-2016, 12:52 PM   #8
bigmac

Fox (so called) News and other conservative outlets love to present allegations and over-hype unusual situations. However, they never publicize when followup investigations clear things up.

The very well established truth is that voter impersonation fraud is vanishing rare -- so rare that it has absolutely no impact.

A comprehensive investigation of voter impersonation finds 31 credible incidents out of one billion ballots cast

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-ballots-cast/
Old 11-04-2016, 05:26 PM   #9
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/01/politi...ote-switching/

I got a reallllyyyyy good chuckle first thing in the morning when GMA posted this gem...

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Old 11-04-2016, 06:28 PM   #10
HereticFA

HereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Fox (so called) News and other conservative outlets love to present allegations and over-hype unusual situations
Which is why I chose a newspaper local to where the event occured, and one with a liberal history.

I'll check back there in a few weeks to see if there was an investigation and what the outcome was. Considering the lack of interest of the local police (per the article), I suspect no further actions will be taken and the belief of no voting irregularities will continue.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:43 PM   #11
DELIMAN092262

DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Fox (so called) News and other conservative outlets love to present allegations and over-hype unusual situations. However, they never publicize when followup investigations clear things up.

The very well established truth is that voter impersonation fraud is vanishing rare -- so rare that it has absolutely no impact.

A comprehensive investigation of voter impersonation finds 31 credible incidents out of one billion ballots cast

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-ballots-cast/
I started to read your cited article and something seemed familiar. When I saw the date of publication was over two years old; I Googled the name of the author.

This is the second time you have cited the same article written by this same man. Justin Levitt is not some neutral academic/researcher. He is a member of the Obama Administration which means he is biased toward the Democratic Party line.

Second, your “well established truth” is a meaningless statement. Since 9/11/01 millions and millions of people have safely traveled on commercial airliners. The number of terrorist incidents on airliners can be counted on one hand. By your silly logic we don't need any of the enhanced security put into place since the twin towers fell. Doing so would have “absolutely no impact” according to your logic.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:37 AM   #12
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

My husband sent away for his absentee ballot about a month ago because our state does not have early voting. He needed it in today to be able to vote.

Guess what...

and I'm super annoyed. If it was going to be mailed, it needed to be here last weekend, and it didn't arrive. This weekend, I would've had to fill out a whole bunch of forms to be able to drop it off. Now he doesn't get to vote at all.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:00 AM   #13
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Early voting in the key states of Nevada and Florida has broken records, and skews Democratic.
A significant portion of the Latino/Latina voting is from non-likely-voters (young, infrequent/never participation). This will distort polls using likely-voter screens modeled on '08 and '12 turnout.

They're not the only places this is happening.

African-American turnout as a percentage of all (early) voters is down.
This is not because they're not voting, it's because Latinos are voting in much higher numbers and reducing the A-A fraction of the total.

Could Mr. Trump have doomed his own candidacy at the start, with his announcement speech denouncing "Mexican" immigrants?
Old 11-07-2016, 07:35 AM   #14
bigmac

Yeah -- looks like working class Mexicans in Nevada may have saved America.

https://trofire.com/2016/11/06/thank...y-dead-nevada/
Old 11-07-2016, 08:03 AM   #15
DELIMAN092262

DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBomb View Post
Early voting in the key states of Nevada and Florida has broken records, and skews Democratic.
A significant portion of the Latino/Latina voting is from non-likely-voters (young, infrequent/never participation). This will distort polls using likely-voter screens modeled on '08 and '12 turnout.

They're not the only places this is happening.

African-American turnout as a percentage of all (early) voters is down.
This is not because they're not voting, it's because Latinos are voting in much higher numbers and reducing the A-A fraction of the total.

Could Mr. Trump have doomed his own candidacy at the start, with his announcement speech denouncing "Mexican" immigrants?
How exactly do we know this about early voters? Exit polling at early voting stations? You do understand that people lie to pollsters? Also, who is pushing this idea? People that support Hillary Clinton?
Old 11-07-2016, 09:02 AM   #16
bigmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELIMAN092262 View Post
How exactly do we know this about early voters? Exit polling at early voting stations? You do understand that people lie to pollsters? Also, who is pushing this idea? People that support Hillary Clinton?
Hard to imagine undercover Trump voters -- they don't seem the sort to keep quite.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:54 PM   #17
DELIMAN092262

Quote:
Hard to imagine undercover Trump voters -- they don't seem the sort to keep quite.
Actually, for someone that claims Donald Trump supporters are “deplorables”; it is hard to imagine you would have a clue about what Trump supporters think.

The truth it is the arrogant liberal Hillary Clinton supporters that must tell everyone who they are voting for. I have seen and heard some of these people in person. They are so pig-headed that their view of reality is the only one allowed that they feel that justifies insulting those people with a different view.

In my experience, many of Trump's supporters are more mature and understand that the only place their voice really counts is in the voting booth.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:12 PM   #18
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

trump and some of his people(s) .....

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
Old 11-07-2016, 09:12 PM   #19
biodieselman

biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
trump and some of his people(s) .....

Seriously!!!

Photoshopped images manufactured by progressive hate sites is "proof" to the "superior liberal intelligence" Trump supports the Klan???

In your third image...
did you not notice the two "Klansmen" wearing their "Klan" outfits holding the two signs...
have black hands and are black?
Aren't we just a wee bit desperate?

You want real proof of up close and personal associations with the Klan?

Look no further than the DemoKrat Kandidate Klinton.

The YUGE difference between your 'photos' and mine...

your's are faked mine are FACT!
Old 11-07-2016, 10:10 PM   #20
bigmac

Bio complaining about Photoshopped images -- fucking rich!
Old 11-07-2016, 11:19 PM   #21
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELIMAN092262 View Post
Exit polling plus the publicly available information on voters who have cast ballots (which at least includes party affiliation, gender, and how many of the last few elections they've voted in), plus other data gathered from other publicly available or commercial sources to profile voters.

And to the point of lying to pollsters, I recall posting the results of a survey that indicated that a substantial number of male Trump voters mistakenly think their wives are also planning to for Mr. Trump. That is, either intentionally or by omission, these women were lying to their husbands about their voting intent. If you're honest with yourself, you might understand why some of them would. (The mildest version is to preserve domestic harmony...)

Trump voters might be concerned about being embarrassed.
Clinton voters might be concerned about being threatened -- note that it's not liberals who are known as Second Amendment enthusiasts...

That said, you bring up a fair point. It's theorized that a lot of the apparent polling variations are less a matter of people changing their minds and more a matter of willingness to respond to polls -- which makes polls at least partly a measure of voter enthusiasm rather than strictly of voter opinion. That is, according to that theory, few people actually change their choice of candidate; what changes is whether they're firm enough in their choices at the time they're contacted that they'll actually respond to the poll rather than hanging up.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:15 AM   #22
Magpie
girly face

Magpie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMagpie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMagpie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Bio complaining about Photoshopped images -- fucking rich!
Bio is nothing if not ironic. And also a massive dick.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:05 AM   #23
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodieselman View Post

Seriously!!!

Photoshopped images manufactured by progressive hate sites is "proof" to the "superior liberal intelligence" Trump supports the Klan???

In your third image...
did you not notice the two "Klansmen" wearing their "Klan" outfits holding the two signs...
have black hands and are black?
Aren't we just a wee bit desperate?

You want real proof of up close and personal associations with the Klan?

Look no further than the DemoKrat Kandidate Klinton.

The YUGE difference between your 'photos' and mine...

your's are faked mine are FACT!
You seem to gloss over the fact that Byrd dropped out of the KKK by 1952.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:20 AM   #24
bigmac

Also, it says quite a bit about a person if they can admit they were wrong and then work to undue the system they once supported.
Old 11-08-2016, 10:10 AM   #25
DELIMAN092262

Quote:
Also, it says quite a bit about a person if they can admit they were wrong and then work to undue the system they once supported.
Do you mean someone like Ronald Reagan who was a liberal Democrat until he “evolved” and became a conservative Republican?

Do you mean someone like Donald Trump who gave money to Democrats and was a friend of Bill and Hillary Clinton?