Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 04-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #26
Nutty

Nutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized rep

I cannot wait for that it looks so good!
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #27
DitzyBrunette
"I'll never be sorry."

DitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
I very much want to eat this x 3.
Are you going tomorrow?
Old 04-11-2010, 09:33 PM   #28
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DitzyBrunette View Post
Are you going tomorrow?
I'd like to, but there isn't really a KFC that close to me (either home or work)... so I'm not sure I'll make it tomorrow.

Hopefully this week. I was already SOOOOO into the idea of the chicken patty they have that comes in that little paper sleeve, so this is just like ... omg ugh drool, gimme, gimme, gimme. Must stuff in mouth.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #29
Nutty

Nutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post

Hopefully this week. I was already SOOOOO into the idea of the chicken patty they have that comes in that little paper sleeve, so this is just like ... omg ugh drool, gimme, gimme, gimme. Must stuff in mouth.
I feel the same way.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:45 PM   #30
DitzyBrunette
"I'll never be sorry."

DitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions community

KFC is 3 blocks from my house but I'm not a fan of the chicken (too greasy) so I always get popcorn chicken or just a large mac and cheese (and ALWAYS biscuits!), but yeah the filet is SO good. I just had it for the first time last week and loved it. Not greasy, no bones, just all white chicken. So good. So this double down has me so intrigued, the sauce is the only thing I am skeptical of so I need reviews before I try it.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:46 PM   #31
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
KFC is 3 blocks from my house but I'm not a fan of the chicken (too greasy) so I always get popcorn chicken or just a large mac and cheese (and ALWAYS biscuits!), but yeah the filet is SO good. I just had it for the first time last week and loved it. Not greasy, no bones, just all white chicken. So good. So this double down has me so intrigued, the sauce is the only thing I am skeptical of so I need reviews before I try it.
I'm picturing it like a BigMac sauce, but with the pepperjack cheese I'm just not sure. I'm curious too, and now I want that filet even more!! lol
Old 04-11-2010, 09:49 PM   #32
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I will be there tomorrow!
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:49 PM   #33
DitzyBrunette
"I'll never be sorry."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
OH MY CHRIST I HAVE TO GET THAT! THANKS FOR POSTING THAT! THAT LOOKS SOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!
You're welcome lol. It does look good, we're all so anxious to try this, I think there's gonna be a stampede tomorrow at KFCs around the country. They might have record sales for this sandwich.. er, chicken thing.. what do we even call it?
Old 04-11-2010, 09:50 PM   #34
DitzyBrunette
"I'll never be sorry."

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni View Post
I will be there tomorrow!
I had no doubt you would be lol. So please post back here after you try it. I gotta know about the sauce and the spice/hotness factor. Not a fan of hot stuff, hoping it isn't bad!
Old 04-11-2010, 09:55 PM   #35
Nutty

Quote:
You're welcome lol. It does look good, we're all so anxious to try this, I think there's gonna be a stampede tomorrow at KFCs around the country. They might have record sales for this sandwich.. er, chicken thing.. what do we even call it?
I know what to call it.... DELICIOUS!!
Old 04-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #36
DitzyBrunette
"I'll never be sorry."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
I know what to call it.... DELICIOUS!!
Well we'll see. I'm hoping it's like what AnnMarie is thinking, like a BigMac type sauce.. but the pepperjack is scaring me. If it just tastes slightly spicy, then ok.. but light my mouth on fire spicy is no good.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:02 AM   #37
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Who's ready for the Double Down????? I won't have time to go there for the next couple days so I expect reports back on how it was. I especially wanna know about the sauce and whether or not it tastes spicy or mild or what. Looking forward to the reviews!
I really don't like sauce of any kind. The only sauce I will really eat is mayo so I will probably tell them not to put any on mine when I order tonight.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #38
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

What? no reviews?

I had to rely on Slashfood.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:10 PM   #39
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ha! I just finished one. The sauce is actually a pepper jack cheese sauce. I got the original recipe and to tell you the truth I found it to be a bit too salty. Too much flavor. Didn't stop me from eating it though, I was hungry. But yeah, a bit too salty for me. Maybe I'll try the grilled next time but I was afraid the chicken would be too dry.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

@~;~~
Old 04-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #40
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
Ha! I just finished one. The sauce is actually a pepper jack cheese sauce. I got the original recipe and to tell you the truth I found it to be a bit too salty. Too much flavor. Didn't stop me from eating it though, I was hungry. But yeah, a bit too salty for me. Maybe I'll try the grilled next time but I was afraid the chicken would be too dry.
That's exactly what they said in the review I linked to. Too salty. But they thought the sauce might have been a result of the sauce and the slices of cheese that melted mixing together, but they weren't sure. It could have been just a cheese sauce, as you said.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #41
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
That's exactly what they said in the review I linked to. Too salty. But they thought the sauce might have been a result of the sauce and the slices of cheese that melted mixing together, but they weren't sure. It could have been just a cheese sauce, as you said.
When I went to KFC, at first I told them not to put any sauce on it. Then I enquired about it aprehensively and the man at the counter told me it was a pepperjack cheese sauce. Funny after I posted my review I went to the link and saw that the sentiments were the same. I will say though that if you like spicy you will like the double down. But yeah, the salt. Maybe I will try the grilled version next.

@~;~~
Old 04-12-2010, 05:22 PM   #42
BigCutieKennedy

BigCutieKennedy has super-sized repBigCutieKennedy has super-sized repBigCutieKennedy has super-sized repBigCutieKennedy has super-sized rep

Quote:
Yeah really. If my KFC dude hands me a bun with this sandwich I am throwing it back at him. You will see me on the news " crazy fatty assaults KFC cashier with a bun".
Lol you totally made me giggle...love this!
BigCutieKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:00 PM   #43
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I completely forgot.. Grr.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:53 AM   #44
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I can't fit the picture I took of it on this thread.

The salt..I think this was a little less salty then the chicken fillet in a box they came out with last month. I love salt and that thing was ALMOST too salty for me. I had to drown it in honey mustard sauce to make it right.

The double down

I picked mine up at lunch time. Who ever made it did not take the time out to do it right. It was a mess. There was almost no sauce and the cheese was not melted. So, in light of that, I am waiting a few more days to try it again and give a real review.

In the mean time, I will post a review made by one of my friends on facebook. I think he nailed what I want this sandwich to be....

"Ok...so, after hearing about this double down sandwich at KFC, I officially popped my flavor cherry. This is the single greatest food invention known to man."

" This was the greatest food experience of my life. Maybe my greatest experience period. I may have to get another 3 or 4 tonight."

I totally <3 my friends lol
Old 04-13-2010, 08:08 AM   #45
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
I can't fit the picture I took of it on this thread.

The salt..I think this was a little less salty then the chicken fillet in a box they came out with last month. I love salt and that thing was ALMOST too salty for me. I had to drown it in honey mustard sauce to make it right.

The double down

I picked mine up at lunch time. Who ever made it did not take the time out to do it right. It was a mess. There was almost no sauce and the cheese was not melted. So, in light of that, I am waiting a few more days to try it again and give a real review.

In the mean time, I will post a review made by one of my friends on facebook. I think he nailed what I want this sandwich to be....

"Ok...so, after hearing about this double down sandwich at KFC, I officially popped my flavor cherry. This is the single greatest food invention known to man."

" This was the greatest food experience of my life. Maybe my greatest experience period. I may have to get another 3 or 4 tonight."

I totally <3 my friends lol
I'm definitley going back tonight to get a grilled one. I bought an original recipe double down and a ten piece order of fiery wings in case I didn't like it. I put it in my bag, went to the drugstore really quick and then went home to eat it. I washed it all down with a huge jug of diet root beer. By that time the DD was all good and melted and it tasted pretty good but salty for me. I think I might have liked it better if I added lettuce, tomato and mayo. I've always hoped that restaurants would make more Atkins friendly choices for people so I'm glad to see this one come along.

Tonight it's grilled! I can't wait!!

@~;~~
Old 04-13-2010, 05:19 PM   #46
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Lord have mercy on my SOUL. This was damn good! I inhaled it..seriously. After one bite, I couldn't put it down.

The combo of that sauce and the bacon..yummers.

I didn't find mine salty at all..but I do wish it came in extra crispy because that's the type of chicken I like from there..the crunchier the better!

I will have to admit it's a lil expensive. We got one of those and 3 strips and it was like 10 bucks. GAH

If I knew how to make the pepper jack sauce..I'd be ALL OVER THIS at home.

MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:03 PM   #47
DitzyBrunette
"I'll never be sorry."

Does the sauce taste spicy?
Old 04-13-2010, 07:42 PM   #48
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Does the sauce taste spicy?
It wasn't very spicy...zesty maybe..but not spicy.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:22 PM   #49
toni
In the know

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
Lord have mercy on my SOUL. This was damn good! I inhaled it..seriously. After one bite, I couldn't put it down.

The combo of that sauce and the bacon..yummers.

I didn't find mine salty at all..but I do wish it came in extra crispy because that's the type of chicken I like from there..the crunchier the better!

I will have to admit it's a lil expensive. We got one of those and 3 strips and it was like 10 bucks. GAH

If I knew how to make the pepper jack sauce..I'd be ALL OVER THIS at home.

I thought so too. I ordered just the sandwich and it was a few cents shy of 7 bucks. I think this would be the only thing that is worth buying the meal for 7.99.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:57 PM   #50
Nutty

Ok the double down was a HUGGEEEEE let down. All I could taste was the chicken (which wasn't bad), but i could barely taste the bacon, zesty sauce, nor the cheese! THUMBS DOWN!