Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 09-17-2015, 07:14 AM   #26
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Xy.. my mom was very sensitive to perfumes and things like that as well. She didn't get rashes.. but her sense of smell was very sensitive. Even laundry detergent would bother her. Now I am very careful with the scents I use.. from shampoo down to deodorant.. I don't want to have anyone react to something that I am wearing. I pick scents that go with my body chemistry so that 1 light spray is enough to go through the day without it being over powering or effect anyone

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2015, 07:59 AM   #27
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca23v2 View Post
Xy.. my mom was very sensitive to perfumes and things like that as well. She didn't get rashes.. but her sense of smell was very sensitive. Even laundry detergent would bother her. Now I am very careful with the scents I use.. from shampoo down to deodorant.. I don't want to have anyone react to something that I am wearing. I pick scents that go with my body chemistry so that 1 light spray is enough to go through the day without it being over powering or effect anyone
Wow--that's really thoughtful of you, lucca! Kind of like Xyantha, I am sensitive to certain perfumes/colognes, powdered detergents, and aerosols from hot peppers; sometimes these things can give me a rash/hives or cause my airways to constrict.

I don't expect everyone to be as allergy-conscious as you, but it would be nice if some of my family members were a little more considerate about it.
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 07:09 AM   #28
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

When people diet.

Not for the weight loss or anything. But for the complete obsession and incessant talking about it. And the borderline social pressure to make you diet too.

All my coworkers are on various diets and wont stop talking about juicing, couscous, and calories. Its got to the point I am like...don't you have a life or something? I know you have a kid, why don't you bore me by talking about their school project for a bit? Or that TMI medical condition? Anything to take a break from the diet talk.

They are like what diet are you on?? Did you know that an apple has as many calories as a chocolate bar?

Don't even try to beat me at calorie awareness, baby girl. I have a vested interest stronger than yours...and it is the eat whatever the fk I want diet, then I run around to burn off enough calories to justify it. BTW this bread is delicious!!!!
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:48 AM   #29
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
When people diet.

Not for the weight loss or anything. But for the complete obsession and incessant talking about it. And the borderline social pressure to make you diet too.

All my coworkers are on various diets and wont stop talking about juicing, couscous, and calories. Its got to the point I am like...don't you have a life or something? I know you have a kid, why don't you bore me by talking about their school project for a bit? Or that TMI medical condition? Anything to take a break from the diet talk.

They are like what diet are you on?? Did you know that an apple has as many calories as a chocolate bar?

Don't even try to beat me at calorie awareness, baby girl. I have a vested interest stronger than yours...and it is the eat whatever the fk I want diet, then I run around to burn off enough calories to justify it. BTW this bread is delicious!!!!
this part in bold - that is so something i would say/do and so not Canadian...lmfao..
Old 11-30-2015, 06:45 AM   #30
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Urg, I hate diet talk as well. I never quite know what to say and get all awkward. Doesn't help that I used to have an eating disorder so that kind of talk is really agitating to me anyway.

The last time somebody talked about dieting in front of me they ended up getting a double cheeseburger for lunch. I think I am officially a bad influence!
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 07:27 AM   #31
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
When people diet.

Well, you are in the GTA, aren't the other acceptable topics for conversation limited to:
- exercise regimes
- real estate prices
- how people would fix <whichever Toronto sports team is losing, errr playing at the time>
- commute times

????

*ducks and runs before I get the hounds set on me*
Old 11-30-2015, 07:24 PM   #32
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
When people diet.

Infinite reps (but in reality, zero, because I can't rep you yet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Well, you are in the GTA, aren't the other acceptable topics for conversation limited to:
- exercise regimes
- real estate prices
- how people would fix <whichever Toronto sports team is losing, errr playing at the time>
- commute times

????

*ducks and runs before I get the hounds set on me*
That's about right.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:03 PM   #33
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
Infinite reps (but in reality, zero, because I can't rep you yet).
I tried to get her for you but I can't. Reped her too much, I guess I'm a serial repist.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:42 AM   #34
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

People who fail to understand elavator etiquette. You don't stand right in front of the elevator door and step on as soon as it opens. You stand to the side and let the people leaving get off first. Especially if there are several of you getting on.

Also when the elevators are slow and crowded, people who get on going the wrong direction on purpose just to secure their elevator spot.Like they need to go down from 4 to 1, but they get on the almost full elevator going up. Selfish pricks. You prevented the guy going from floor 5-8 and the guy going from floor 9-12 from getting on meanwhile another elevator going down may have already stoped where you got on. And you behaved in this irrational, selfish, anti-social, downright fucking idiotic manner why? Because you needed closure on the hallway waiting situation? Because you like that particular elevator?
Old 12-14-2015, 06:19 AM   #35
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
When people diet.

This!

Apart from the fact that I'm highly skeptical of people who define themselves mainly over their weight, what is increasingly unnerving me is the amount of plain nonsense I'm supposed to accept as face value when listening to diet sermons.

Eating & dieting has turned into a secular ideology - and as with most ideologies, much of it is based on a certain interpretation of (not always correct) facts.

Some of what I've had to listen to lately is so down right stupid and false that it brought out the belligerent archeologist's daughter in me. For some poor paleo-, anti-gluten disciple to be buried under an avalanche of food & demography history - probably wishing he/she had never left their mental cave.....
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 06:40 AM   #36
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

At my last job every time certain people were in the lunch room with me their topic somehow always came around to what diet they are on and how they lost 3 pounds or whatever. It was one large table so there was no way to be there and not hear it. I work in the medical field, I have no problem with the occasional times when someone will want to express their concern for my health long term and directly talk to me about it. They do it once, get out in an adult upfront manner and then move on. But the like proxy preaching approach is really annoying because it just drags and repeats.
Old 12-14-2015, 01:17 PM   #37
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
People who fail to understand elavator etiquette. You don't stand right in front of the elevator door and step on as soon as it opens. You stand to the side and let the people leaving get off first. Especially if there are several of you getting on.

Also when the elevators are slow and crowded, people who get on going the wrong direction on purpose just to secure their elevator spot.Like they need to go down from 4 to 1, but they get on the almost full elevator going up. Selfish pricks. You prevented the guy going from floor 5-8 and the guy going from floor 9-12 from getting on meanwhile another elevator going down may have already stoped where you got on. And you behaved in this irrational, selfish, anti-social, downright fucking idiotic manner why? Because you needed closure on the hallway waiting situation? Because you like that particular elevator?
When that happens, I say full on farting right next to them is fair game.
Old 12-14-2015, 02:11 PM   #38
Fat Molly
hufflepuff hobbit

Fat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticed

When people don't replace a toilet paper roll in the bathroom when the new roll is RIGHT THERE and the roll dispenser is SUPER EASY BECAUSE IT'S LITERALLY THE SAME KIND THAT EVERYONE HAS.

(my boyfriend does this a lot lol)
Old 12-14-2015, 07:36 PM   #39
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Molly View Post
When people don't replace a toilet paper roll in the bathroom when the new roll is RIGHT THERE and the roll dispenser is SUPER EASY BECAUSE IT'S LITERALLY THE SAME KIND THAT EVERYONE HAS.
My wife does this, but she has a good reason. When she was a small girl, a gypsy fortune teller informed her that she (my wife ... well, future wife at that time ... not the gypsy) would die while replacing a toilet paper roll. And since the sibyl was a gypsy, she must have moved around a lot. And that's why so many people don't replace toilet paper rolls.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:24 PM   #40
Fat Molly
hufflepuff hobbit

Fat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
My wife does this, but she has a good reason. When she was a small girl, a gypsy fortune teller informed her that she (my wife ... well, future wife at that time ... not the gypsy) would die while replacing a toilet paper roll. And since the sibyl was a gypsy, she must have moved around a lot. And that's why so many people don't replace toilet paper rolls.
wow ok that makes a lot of sense

i feel like such an asshole now

blessed are those who don't replace the toilet paper rolls

for theirs is the kingdom of not dying whilst replacing toilet paper rolls

Old 12-15-2015, 02:51 PM   #41
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
When that happens, I say full on farting right next to them is fair game.
YES. Farting is the best response in so many situations.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:01 AM   #42
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Molly View Post

(my boyfriend does this a lot lol)
Roll dispenser....? Over here the toilet rolls just sit on top of the toilet or on the floor next to it...
Old 12-17-2015, 11:09 AM   #43
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
Roll dispenser....? Over here the toilet rolls just sit on top of the toilet or on the floor next to it...
But without a toilet paper dispenser you are missing the joy of coming home to this:

Literally this happens as soon as a roll goes on. All of it on the floor.
Old 12-20-2015, 06:37 AM   #44
loopytheone
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
But without a toilet paper dispenser you are missing the joy of coming home to this:

Literally this happens as soon as a roll goes on. All of it on the floor.
Instead, we get the joy of the dogs breaking into the downstairs toilet, stealing the toilet rolls and shredding them everywhere. =p
Old 01-22-2016, 12:10 PM   #45
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

When I mention I do not have,and have not had cable/a tv in seven plus years...and they are aghast. What do you DO with your life!? They cry.

Read a book? Write a book? Look at news, understand history? Talk with people? Watch only the shows i want, with no commercials?

When you do not watch it, Tv is annoying as hell, and dumbs down even intellectual shows to sub par material, spending more than half the show summarizing what happened in the 10 min before the commercial came on.
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 02:45 PM   #46
dblbellybhm
Live, Learn, Grow

dblbellybhm does more than just post hot picsdblbellybhm does more than just post hot picsdblbellybhm does more than just post hot pics

The word is jewelry not "jewlery"! What's the difference you say? Jewelry is made from jewels!

On the checkout lane in the supermarket: get your form of payment ready while the cashier scans your items or even sooner. Don't fumble around while engaging the cashier in conversation as she nervously eyes the growing line behind you.
dblbellybhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:31 PM   #47
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Savers clubs. It seems almost impossible to make a purchase anywhere without being invited to "Join our Sup-R-Sav-R Klub, and you can save money!" All I need to do is give them a lot of personal information which they will sell to everybody and his uncle, who will then pester me for the rest of my days to buy things I do not need and do not want. I'd rather pay a couple more bucks for the privacy.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:33 PM   #48
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Savers clubs. It seems almost impossible to make a purchase anywhere without being invited to "Join our Sup-R-Sav-R Klub, and you can save money!" All I need to do is give them a lot of personal information which they will sell to everybody and his uncle, who will then pester me for the rest of my days to buy things I do not need and do not want. I'd rather pay a couple more bucks for the privacy.
Extra credit bonus pet peeve points: Those programs at pharmacy stores (Walgreen's, Rite-Aid, CVS, etc.). I'd just as soon not provide them with my snack-food, OTC meds, beer, or tobacco purchase history (I don't drink or smoke, but if I did...) to correlate with my prescription meds list (none presently, but...) and my other personally identifying information.

This stuff is creepier than you think.
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:27 AM   #49
Crumbling
Distilled Evil

Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
things I do not need and do not want
Worse is when they start sending you discount coupons for things you do need... BEFORE you know you need them
Old 01-24-2016, 09:53 PM   #50
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

The "why do you want this job" questions on job applications. Because it pays way more than my current gig should be an acceptable answer.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote