Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 12-13-2005, 06:36 AM   #1
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default restaurant pet peeves

Let's share, I'll start.

When the menu states an item costs for example "9". There isn't a dollar, there isn't a decimal followed by two other numbers. It's just one number. Is this a new fangled thing or is it a subliminal reminder that they don't want any proles as clientele?
Old 12-13-2005, 12:17 PM   #2
pinuptami
Model turned slacker

pinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot pics

When they change a menu item, even slightly, but don't change the menu.

For example, about a month ago my guy and I went to Applebees, and I had the most orgasmic meal. Garlic steak and shrimp, parmesian potatos and brocoli, garlic bread...mmm..

We went again a week ago, and of course I wanted it again! Well, this time the steak was smaller, there were less shrimp, the potatos weren't cheesy and they put bread crumbs on my brocoli instead of cheese.

To top it all off, my steak was cooked wrong. Needless to say, I did not eat, nor pay for, that meal.
pinuptami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 02:45 PM   #3
Happy FA
Loving Lovely Large Lady

Happy FA has super-sized repHappy FA has super-sized repHappy FA has super-sized repHappy FA has super-sized rep
Thumbs down Don't get me started....

I'm a regular restaurant visitor and generally a very generous tipper, particularly in places that I frequent. I've always believed that good service should be rewarded.... but .. I have a thing about crummy service. And, I have a thing about getting my food the way I ordered it or the way it was described.

For example.. I like my steak rare or at most between rare and medium rare. When I order steak in a restaurant that I don't know well I always ask what the different degrees of doneness correspond to... pink, red with a warm center, red with a cool center, mooing, etc. Based on that I order appropriately. I can't tell you how many times as "Steak" places they get it wrong. Not just a bit wrong, but not even close wrong. I order it rare and it comes out looking like they cooked to well done and then left it on for another ten minutes. So, I explain that this is not what I ordered and again what I want. If the next time I get a piece that is totally raw I call over the manager. Of course, the people I'm with, often my family, don't enjoy this scene, but if you're paying 20, 25, 30, 40 dollars for a steak it should be done to the way the customer ordered it. I can do it myself on the barbecue or broiler without much difficulty, why shouldn't a professional be able to do the same. If this happens more than once at a place I write it off my list and tell everyone I know to do the same(I assume that its always possible for one mess up).

I also hate places that bring out peoples foods at different times since I'm of the view that its impolite to start eating if others in your party don't yet have their food. This is a sign that the kitchen doesn't have its act together.

I also hate places that bring out the food and its COLD, but the plate is hot because its been sitting under the heat lamp.

I don't like waiters and waitresses who feel free to slap me on the back or otherwise touch the merchandise.. unless they're very sexy ssbbws and they're draped over me..

I could go on.. but I'll let others vent as well..
Happy FA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 02:50 PM   #4
Fallen Angel
On Timeout

Fallen Angel has said some nice things

I suppose I'm probably alone (or one of very few) on this board, but being a vegetarian, I hate it when my only option is to order a salad without the meat!
Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:03 PM   #5
Cynthia

Cynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
I suppose I'm probably alone (or one of very few) on this board, but being a vegetarian, I hate it when my only option is to order a salad without the meat!
When it looks like there’s absolutely nothing you can eat, discretely tell the wait staff person that you’re vegetarian and ask what he or she would recommend. Many times, s/he can offer you something that’s available upon request but not on the menu. If a restaurant staffer provides that extra help, I always offer hearty thanks and leave at least 30% tip.

Large-group luncheons with plated meals are more of a challenge. Mid-sized or larger facilities usually have a few plates on standby, containing everything except the meat. Just ask. (Bland Veggie Tip: Drizzle a few dots of salad dressing on the vegetables to give them some vavoom.)

These options don’t always work (at boxed-lunch events, for example), so carry a backup snack in your bag and make a lighthearted comment to keep your fellow diners from feeling uncomfortable. That usually does the trick.
Cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:17 PM   #6
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My biggest problem with restaurants is the inconsiderate parents who let their kids run around. I've seen kids trip up waitresses, run around screaming, or standing at the salad bar, taking stuff with their hands.

One of the worst places for that was the "Ground Round" restaurants back east. Especially when they were running their "Kids Eat for a Penny a Pound" promotions.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:50 PM   #7
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne_Zitkus
My biggest problem with restaurants is the inconsiderate parents who let their kids run around. I've seen kids trip up waitresses, run around screaming, or standing at the salad bar, taking stuff with their hands.

May I have the non-screaming children section please? (forget about smoking or not! I just want a meal with out the noise)
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 09:32 PM   #8
Fallen Angel
On Timeout

Fallen Angel has said some nice things

Thanks for the tips Cynthia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPrincess
May I have the non-screaming children section please? (forget about smoking or not! I just want a meal with out the noise)
I can't agree more! I only wish it were possible to have a flight without all the noise too...
Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 12:26 AM   #9
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm cursed when it comes to dining out, so my most common pet peeves are that I always want the thing that they just ran out of, or they left on the menu specials today by mistake, or they just ran out of ice cream, or the shake machine is broken. I'm not even kidding, it's absolutely insane. On the days I fully believe in karma, I figure I was a shitty waitress in another life who never gave anyone what they ordered.

But, that isn't really about the general dining out experience. My biggest issue is usually drinks and invisible wait staff.

Make sure I ALWAYS have a drink, always! I don't care if it means you have to bring me two at a time if you don't have time to check back enough, but don't leave me sitting at a restaurant table with an empty glass. That is the worst, and tips will suffer if it's really bad.

When apps are brought out within moments, or at the same time, as my dinner. It's an appetizer, duh! (Unless of course you ask for it that way, completely different.)

Don't bring me my food, and then not check back within a few minutes to make sure that 1) it's what I ordered and how I ordered it, and 2) I don't need anything else to be able to eat. I can't tell you how many times I don't get the condiments for a sandwich, or I get soup brought over, but no spoon to eat it. HUGE pet peeve of mine, because while I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for someone to come by (I'll grab anyone at that point to get me a spoon or some mayo) my food is getting cold and ruined.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:35 AM   #10
Egbert Souse
South America, probably.

Egbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going onEgbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going onEgbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going onEgbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going onEgbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going onEgbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default A WONDERFUL idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPrincess
There's only one thing i hate worse than having screaming kids at the table next to me and that's being the person WITH the screaming kids. I found this so humiliating when my own kids were small that eventually i refused to eat out until they got to a controllable age.

Maybe i'm hyperconsiderate but i don't think so. Not only would providing a "kid's section" make the dining experience more pleasurable for adults, there may be many parents who feel as i did and such an arrangement would prove to be a moneymaker for the restaurant.
Egbert Souse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 06:54 AM   #11
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

diners that claim they don't have mayo

soda without carbonation. I'll stick to water then.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:57 AM   #12
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

We've had generally good experiences in restaurants. Those that annoy us (bad seating, bad food, bad service) simply get checked off our mental notebook and we don't patronize them anymore. If I'm going to maintain my abundant figure, it's gotta be with the good stuff. Heavens knows why, but Toledo supposedly has more restaurants per capita than any other city in the USA, so we have plenty of good choices. Maybe it's the combination of disposable income vs. low cost of living, or because we're statistically among the most average cities in the country so we're a nice stable market.

That said, I do have one pet peeve, and it's when a restaurant that we know and love suddenly turns bad. They might have a new management, or the present managers might decide to cut corners to save money, or other reasons. This happened to one of our favorite places, where we usually ate once a month for years and years. Then one day we got a bad meal. The next month it was still bad, and the service was lackluster too. We could hardly believe that one of our favorite places was in a slump, so twice a year for the next 3 or 4 years we tested it and it was still bad. Then suddenly it was good again, so it returned to its place of honor on our list of favorite restaurants.

Finally we learned the rest of the story. The original owner was in his late 70s and in poor health. He couldn't devote the time and attention the restaurant needed, but he wouldn't let his son take over either. Finally he died and his son stepped in, and the restaurant immediately improved. It might even be better than before.
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:40 AM   #13
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I hate not knowing enough Chinese to get the food that the waiter sets on fire. Or the really freaky stuff not on the menu handed out to the occidentals. I want to eat flaming pythons.

Please do not, ever, take that last sentence out of context.

Just remember that acceptance is 71.4% of size acceptance.
fatlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 01:51 PM   #14
altered states
señor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default asking a new yorker this question is dangerous

Bandwidth around the world could suffer as we all kvetch away....

I hate:

Waitpeople who introduce themselves by name and crouch/sit down so they're at eye level and just in general test out their method acting by pretending they give a rat's ass about diners, don't write orders down and then (inevitably) get something wrong, blame the kitchen or the management, treat you like shit then try to salvage their tip at check time with a warm smile and goodbye, bring dishes out of order or at different times for different people at the same table, make uncorking a bottle of wine seem like something outside their job description, don't know the ingredients of things on the menu, correct diners' pronunciation when they understand what the person said perfectly well...

Chefs who sacrifice taste for presentation, write unbelievably pretentious menu descriptions, put together odd and clumsy combinations, think they should be at Aureole or Per Se or some other 5 star place and try to copy their dishes with subpar ingredients and preparation, leave diners hungry after a 9 course meal while charging $85 (without wine) and calling it a "tasting menu"...

Management who put too many tables too close together, insist on gigantic plates so you can't fit more than one on their tiny tables, try to create "buzzy atmosphere" by combining as many sound-reflecting materials as possible in their decor then pump the (bad) music so diners have to shout at each other, treat their mediocre holes in the wall like a private club by segregating less pretty/rich/famous diners to less desirable parts of the room (aka "Siberia"), take a reservation then make diners wait a half hour at the (packed) bar...
altered states is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 02:22 PM   #15
Jane
Photo (c) Fatlane

Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!

When ordering the drinks, I quickly tell the waitress, "Don't let me dry out."

Two pet peeves, both dealing with the check:

1)They leave the check, see you're paying in cash, and never come back so you give up and leave all the change as a tip, I Don't. (I usually point this out and tell them, you would have have a very good tip, BUT.....and I do tip VERY WELL.)

2)They pick up the check, you're paying in cash, and they way "Do you want change?" I have also been known to point out how much more polite it is to say, "I'll be right back with your change", so the guest can say, "No, that's for you."

You see, I'm a very good cook, and when I dine out, one way or another, it WILL BE a pleasant experience. I have waitpersons for whom I will go to a less than stellar restaurant. That is part of the deal. I sit on my ass, you wait on me. If you're a friend, I'll bus a table for you, but then it's MY turn.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:31 PM   #16
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Pickles.

Every time I order a sandwich, I *specifically* request that there NOT be a pickle on the side. I *emphasize* that I want a sandwich that has not even heard of a pickle, wouldn't know one from a dessert cart.

And, every time I order a sandwich, I get a pickle. Best case, it's only touching a few fries and isn't juicing up the platter yet. Worst case, it or its essence has corrupted my sandwich and most of the fries.

At this point, I'm screwed. Either I send it back and refuse to pay, which means I go hungry, or I insist they do it right, in which case I get a spitty burger with the pickle removed from the plate and nothing done about the contaminated food. What do they think I am, some kind of simp? I KNOW THERE WAS A PICKLE ON MY FOOD BY THE STIGMATA EVIDENT.

I have since resolved to emphasize that any hope of a tip is riding on there not being a pickle within fifteen feet of my sandwich. If there is ANY evidence of picklery, I will invert my glasses of water, unscrew all the salt and pepper shakers within arm's reach and expel their contents to the four winds, and create havoc and a wintry wonderland with every damn packet of sugar in the eatery. Perhaps then I will not have a pickle on my plate. I have but to carry out on that threat once to earn the respect and fear of the waitering community worldwide, of that I am certain.

Old 12-14-2005, 02:50 PM   #17
Jane
Photo (c) Fatlane

Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!

That's me with tomatoes.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:57 PM   #18
fatlane
Starting Arvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane
That's me with tomatoes.
Let's go dine together and raise hell when our food shows up with pickles and tomatoes all over it.

Old 12-14-2005, 11:07 PM   #19
Jack Skellington
Grim Grinning Ghosts

Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!

I hate it when they put the toys in opaque bags and you can't tell which one you are getting. More often than not you end up getting a bunch of the crappy toys and not the really cool one. That sucks!

Goblins and ghoulies, from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine. Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond, let there be music from regions beyond.

Wizards and Witches, wherever you dwell, give us a hint by ringing a bell.

Last edited by Jack Skellington; 12-14-2005 at 11:10 PM.
Jack Skellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 11:08 PM   #20
Venus de Mpls

For me, it's when the wait person leaves the bill and never returns and I need summon the only person on the floor to retrieve the now glowering wait person who inevitably rolls their eyes, sighs and throws the charge card ticket my way. Grrr.

Ususally until that point our server/servee relationship has been wonderful and a stupendous tip awaits the server. The thing is, no restaurant takes a check these days and I don't carry hefty amounts of cash, so one would think they had been inured to the whole end of the dining process.

Just an aside - having been a vegetarian for 30+ years and living in a meat heavy part of the US i have never, ever been without varied options in a restaurant. Chefs and line cooks alike have always accommodated me when asked.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:13 AM   #21
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Maybe it's because I don't dwell on the bad that I really don't have many pet peeves. That's probably why I forgot about an incident from last weekend. Usually Art & I dine out in the middle of the afternoon to avoid the crowds, but last time we had to wait about 5 minutes for a table at T.G.I.Friday's. I unzipped my jacket, and for those 5 minutes the skinny little hostess just *stared* at my belly. She didn't made a rude face or comment or anything, she just stared.

(Naturally I thought about one of my dear mother's favorite comments: "Doesn't it bother you to have that belly of yours hanging out for all the world to see?" Hey Mom, I don't go around with a bare belly! Wellll, except at the beach. )

I probably could have glared at the hostess, as she stared at my belly, but that would only have played into her expectations. Instead I just turned on my big old SMILE! That probably shattered her pre-conceived notions of fat people (snicker snort). Poor thing probably doesn't get nearly as much enjoyment out of life as I do.
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 10:38 AM   #22
Jane
Photo (c) Fatlane

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlane
Let's go dine together and raise hell when our food shows up with pickles and tomatoes all over it.
You bet.

I used to go into Mercardo Juarez in Dallas and ask for the "Smoking, Drinking, Cussing, Carrying on Like White Trash" Section. They knew just where to seat me.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:14 PM   #23
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

Chairs with ARMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean do skinny people even use them?? I have a big ass I need room. It gets me nuts.
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 02:08 PM   #24
MissToodles
dead peasant

more grievances:
When I order a burger medium rare and receive a gray hockey puck. I don't need to satisfy any primal urges complete with blood dripping down my chin I do want to see pink( in the middle of the burger you perverts!)

I also am sick of chicken breasts and pork loins on every menu. We're a country full of fat people and yet we're obessed with eating flavorless "low fat" meat. I like chicken breast in some applications: chicken parmgiana for example or steamed chicken and veggies from my local chinese joint. But otherwise it's rubbery, bland and should be banned from the American culinary lexicon. This includes pork loin. Don't fear the fat.
To quote Arthur Schwartz (food maven) pork is "soy on four legs".
thanks for the contributions everyone.

Last edited by MissToodles; 12-15-2005 at 02:23 PM.
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 04:09 PM   #25
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
I've been a vegetarian my whole life and its always a salad or grilled cheese off the kids menu.. Living in California is wonderful though, most restaurants have some sort of vegetarian option if you eat dairy. (which i do) I just avoid places with the name stakehouse in the name

I hate when i order stuff that appears to be vegetarian (in the description) and i find meat in it or on it. I had cheese manicotti once that said marinara sauce on the menu and it came out with meat chunks here and there in it.. ugg makes me ill (i've been vegetarian my whole life)
HottiMegan is offline   Reply With Quote