Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 04-03-2007, 12:30 PM   #1
braveuk28

braveuk28 can now change their title
Default How you know you are getting fatter

So about 6 months ago I joined a local gym. Usual story really: A rare burts of fresh exuberance to get healthy. It rapidly dissolved into a very half arsed volley of excuses why I could no longer make it to the gym sessions I had promised myself not a few weeks prior.

I have spent 300 [50 sucked from my bank account on the same day each month with stellar consistency] - an increasingly depressing item on my bank statement. Out of the last 6 months I have attended 5 sessions, of those only 2 have been in the past 4 months. Oh Lord, I am a disgrace.

The point being, that I attended tonight out of sheer humiliation. When I had origionally joined I was weighed, measured and generally categorized as a fatty by my instructor. The measurements where noted on my gym plan card. Well, tonight I went through the same measureing and weighing ritural and compared myself to me six months past. Oh my, oh my, oooooooh my.

[Confession time: I got a teeny, tiny, secret thrill from the whole thing]
I am 22lbs heavier :-) without even trying - check me out, thats quite an achivement I think, and mostly on the old belly]
braveuk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:53 PM   #2
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I understand what you mean about being weighed and measured...
Why pay so much money if you want to exercise? Walking, jogging, swimming, etc. are all free or low-cost

Btw, I liked your picture and hoped you would post more

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:18 PM   #3
love dubh
douchebag reform school

love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Seriously. Walking, biking, swimming, even cleaning, are cheap n' easy exercise options. Put on some jams and it's a good time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Stewart
Yes, in the Brownback family we teach that boys have a god stick and girls have a shame cave.
Manny: yeah but i could be patient zero to a rabies epidemic
Manny: rabies is as close to zombification as we can get
love dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:24 PM   #4
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

^ What they said.

And you are cute.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:09 PM   #5
love dubh
douchebag reform school

love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadeianLinguist View Post
^ What they said.

And you are cute.
Oh yes. I concur, madame!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Stewart
Yes, in the Brownback family we teach that boys have a god stick and girls have a shame cave.
Manny: yeah but i could be patient zero to a rabies epidemic
Manny: rabies is as close to zombification as we can get
love dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:24 PM   #6
chickadee

chickadee can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeschickadee can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Can you bail out of the contract? If you're not using the gym, no sense in paying $ for it. I trudge to the gym every so often, but I'd much rather go biking or walking.

You look gorgeous- more pics please!
chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:46 PM   #7
rabbitislove
24 Carrot Magic

rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveuk28 View Post
[Confession time: I got a teeny, tiny, secret thrill from the whole thing]
Confession: I get a thrill out of reading stuff like this
Old 04-16-2007, 02:48 PM   #8
mrman1980uk
Bicycling cake-baker

mrman1980uk can now change their title
Lightbulb

Green Eyed Fairy and Love Dubh: why on earth are there not more sane people out there like you? I have no idea why anybody would want to pay dearly pound the dark satanic treadmills and go nowhere when cycling (for example) not only costs nothing (besides the capital cost of the bicycle), but saves on fuel bills compared to using a car? And one gets actual scenery. For free.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:45 PM   #9
Totmacher

Totmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going on
Cool

Well, I'm happy you got a rise out of your membership, braveUK.

I don't understand why a lot of people go to the gym either. I hate treadmills and yet I see legions of chicks running on the darn things for an hour or so a day and then going home. I guess it's a good idea if you live in a truly inhospitable climate or could use the time to socialize and network, but still..!
I can think of one good reason to go to the gym: equipment. There's nowhere else I can find things that weigh 1.25 to 1200 lbs in conveniant increments that are so perfectly shaped or arranged for me to find some way to lift them. Oh.. and you can meet cute girls in tight clothes
Totmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:42 PM   #10
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hi Brave! Well, it's not all money down the drain... you had the naughty thrill of being re-weighed and told you had gained 22lbs Now cancel that membership and standing order and next time you're in Edinburgh pop through here with a cheesecake for two
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote