Welcome to the Dimensions Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Hyde Park
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #26
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtobicokeFA View Post
The fact that Clinton and Obama are (moderate) conservatives would be surprising to you DELIMAN because you are think of conservatives in modern terms. However, back before neo-conservatives move the middle by naming themselves mainstream conservatives, and pretends it always was like that, Clinton and Obama would have been considered to be wandering the line between liberal and conservative.

First you just have to go back to Bush the senior to find a conservative that raised taxes.

Second, unlike Bush the senior, Obama is focus the tax raise to the top 1%, back to rate it was when the economy was good.

Three, we are at war. Bush the junior is the first president liberal or conservative, in a long long time, to not accept the political reality that you can not practically cut taxes when you in a war, let alone four.

So, either let Obama rise taxes to pay for the wars, or let him end the wars. Unless you want our great great grand children paying for them.
Option B please! Wait, what? Obama won't stop warring you say!?
Y'know when he was elected I was genuinely over the moon, I really believed (presumably just like the Nobel committee) that he'd put an end to the US' endless warring... but nope.

Of course, one of the reasons Ron Paul (the only anti-war candidate) has the majority of support among young people is that they know they are going to be stuck with the bill for all this immense military largesse.
- from "Firefly"/"Serenity" - Cpt. Malcolm Reynolds
joswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #27
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Ron Paul only needs 2? more state majority delegate wins to get nominated in Tampa..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWHearts View Post
*snip*

The brokered convention is pretty thin reed to hang hopes on. I think it happen last with FDR. Not likely to happen in today system with overwhelming amount of corporate money in the coffers for the de facto candidate, aka Romney, who is also poised to capture enough delegates in the next few contests.

^Just an N.B.:

As long as Ron Paul gets the majority of delegates in just FIVE states, his supporters can (and will) nominate him from the floor of the National GOP convention in Tampa, forcing the GOP to give him a platform there. That gives him a fighting chance, if not at the final nomination, at least to influence Romney's pledged policy platform (for what that's worth... so much writing on water, IMO).

Ron Paul has already won the majority of delegates in Iowa and Minnesota. That's done.
He probably has Missouri and Washington State as well, and maybe Nevada. He will be campaigning on home turf in Texas, the only State to date to have directly challenged the Federal TSA (supported by Romney and Obama). I predict a win for him (and a drubbing for Romney) there.

Texas and CA together are one third of the remaining delegates. While Ron Paul has been pulling massive crowds in CA universities, CA is huge and there's a whole lot going on there, so I don't know which way to call it for CA.
- from "Firefly"/"Serenity" - Cpt. Malcolm Reynolds
joswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #28
dabdab
Master Member

dabdab knows EXACTLY what's going ondabdab knows EXACTLY what's going ondabdab knows EXACTLY what's going ondabdab knows EXACTLY what's going ondabdab knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by joswitch View Post
^Just an N.B.:

As long as Ron Paul gets the majority of delegates in just FIVE states, his supporters can (and will) nominate him from the floor of the National GOP convention in Tampa, forcing the GOP to give him a platform there. That gives him a fighting chance, if not at the final nomination, at least to influence Romney's pledged policy platform (for what that's worth... so much writing on water, IMO).

Ron Paul has already won the majority of delegates in Iowa and Minnesota. That's done.
He probably has Missouri and Washington State as well, and maybe Nevada. He will be campaigning on home turf in Texas, the only State to date to have directly challenged the Federal TSA (supported by Romney and Obama). I predict a win for him (and a drubbing for Romney) there.

Texas and CA together are one third of the remaining delegates. While Ron Paul has been pulling massive crowds in CA universities, CA is huge and there's a whole lot going on there, so I don't know which way to call it for CA.
I wish it was true . but the hard fact is he has no chance . the GOP won't let that happen .
dabdab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #29
DELIMAN092262
Executive Member

DELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabdab View Post
I wish it was true . but the hard fact is he has no chance . the GOP won't let that happen .
More accurately the members of the Republican party that take part in primaries and caucuses did not allow it.
DELIMAN092262 is offline   Reply With Quote