Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Health Forum

Old 05-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
Dolce
ShapeShifter

Dolce knows EXACTLY what's going onDolce knows EXACTLY what's going onDolce knows EXACTLY what's going onDolce knows EXACTLY what's going onDolce knows EXACTLY what's going onDolce knows EXACTLY what's going onDolce knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default Your favorite healthy foods

I'm talking about clean and simple foods that are eaten close to the way Mother Nature intended.

I have a bit of insulin resistance which I have gained control of by cutting out all processed foods, grains, and simple sugars. The sugar is the worst for me! Today I ate a serving of 85% dark chocolate which only had 5 grams of sugar and within 30 minutes my blood glucose went from 110 to 70 and then back to 110. I hate that feeling of my body chemistry going up and down. What I have noticed, is that even though fruit contains sugar, it does not cause me to have high blood glucose or reactive hypoglycemia. Only processed foods do this to me. I'd love to see what natural foods others are eating! And in my book, butter IS healthy!

Here are some of my favorites

- Gala, Pink Lady, or Fuji apple slices with almond butter
- walnuts and raisins
- baked sweet potato or yam with butter and salt
- oatmeal with raisins, cinnamon, and cocoa powder
- Smoothie: 1 cup So Delicious Coconut Milk, 1/2 cup orange juice, banana, 1 1/2 cup frozen peach, mango, pineapple, and strawberry blend, and 2 tbsp. ground flax
- Smoothie: 1 cup milk or substitute, 1 banana, 2 tbsp. peanut butter (I love trader joe's brand), 1 tbsp. cocoa powder, and ice
- fresh coconut (juice included)
- sliced, boiled potatoes sauteed with garlic, butter, and portobello mushrooms
- kiwis
- vine fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, and avocado with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and oregano
- pears
- bell peppers with cheese
- lamb-burgers
- banana with peanut butter
-juicy navel oranges
- yogurt with wild frozen blueberries and ground flax
- omlets!

OMG I could go on forever! I love food but like I said, my chemistry is so sensitive that I feel like a crazy person if I deviate from whole foods. BTW, if anyone wants or has crazy delicious smoothie recipes, I am your girl!
Old 05-06-2010, 09:04 PM   #2
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Love home made nut granola

apples

raw carrotts

salad for me means lots of yummy raw vegetables and an awesome dressing

my own thai/asian rice noodle salad

I love my veggies and the like am making up veggie curry this weekend and yummm

my all time favourite fresh juice is granny smith apple juice with pineapple and rockmellon

strawberries just on their own yummmmmmmmmmmmm

roast veggies

omg far far too many things

my home made hamburgers

chicken fried rice

steamed veggies

oh my this is making me hungry
ooh and home made stir fries just the best!!
Old 05-06-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
Aurora
Kushy Curves

Aurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging in

Great thread idea!

I'm berry obsessed. Raspberries, blueberries (fresh and omg frozen), strawberries, currants, gooseberries, thimbleberries, and those are just the local crop haha! Sooo good.

I also love beef jerky. Heavy on the salt I know, but I'm a hiker and it's a definite trail staple for me.
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:39 AM   #4
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

add sushi to my list

and the brown rice balls and tofu burgers from IKU a macrobiotic wholefood place

and I love my ham and salad sandwiches on wholegrain bread yummmmmm
Old 05-07-2010, 08:49 AM   #5
Dolce
ShapeShifter

Dolce knows EXACTLY what's going onDolce knows EXACTLY what's going onDolce knows EXACTLY what's going onDolce knows EXACTLY what's going onDolce knows EXACTLY what's going onDolce knows EXACTLY what's going onDolce knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritangel View Post
Love home made nut granola
oh my this is making me hungry
ooh and home made stir fries just the best!!
You're making me hungry, too! I always want to made stir-fry but I have no idea how to make a sauce and when to add it to the veggies so it doesn't all turn into gobblty-goo. Any ideas?
Old 05-07-2010, 08:56 AM   #6
Dolce
ShapeShifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
Great thread idea!

I'm berry obsessed. Raspberries, blueberries (fresh and omg frozen), strawberries, currants, gooseberries, thimbleberries, and those are just the local crop haha! Sooo good.

I also love beef jerky. Heavy on the salt I know, but I'm a hiker and it's a definite trail staple for me.
Have you ever had juneberries? They are kind of tart but very tasty. On my parents property in North Dakota they have wild raspberry growing everywhere and wild asparagus patches. Asparagus tastes so good freshly picked on a walk.

As for hiking... lucky! I miss the hills so much. Hell, I miss warm weather. But beef jerky is not bad! When I was younger I had a friend whose father made beef jerky by having the the butcher thinly slice london broil and then he would cover it in salt and pepper and dehydrate it. He made quite a bit of money selling it, too. Do you ever make it homemade?
Old 05-07-2010, 08:58 AM   #7
spiritangel
AmandaClause

you could always try just a little honey and soy to start with till you gain confidence or look up some recipes

I umm dont measure anything but when I make my chicken fried rice for eg I make the sauce sepperately mix it all together and then stir it through

it depends on what your making and how saucy you want it

as long as you fry your aramatics (garlic, ginger and chilli, you can add stuff like lemongrass and other such things as well here) at the start then do the sauce near the end you are ok

I dont add thickening stuff to my sauces as I preffer to add my rice or noodles and cook them into the sauce to allow them to get the flavour

amount of sauce totally depends on the size of the stir fry, also try reducing your heat if your sauce is turning into a gooey mess then you may well have your heat to high

I like to use a combination of things small amount of fish sauce (one or two shakes of the bottle) some oyster sauce, soy, about 1-2tablespoons of sesame oil and about 1/2 cup of soy is a good place to start, I also add a little sugar to balance the saltiness (although am about to try sweet soy this week)

the trick with stir frys is to cook them fast they are not meant to be cooked for ages and cook them on high heat a good stir fry really needs to have everything prepped before hand then tossed in as you go and I alsways add the sauce last or close to the end

not sure how much help that will be

hugs
Old 05-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #8
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love this time of year because all my favorites are coming into season...
-blueberries
-raspberries
-grapes
-strawberries
-Ranier cherries (i love them more than bing because they seem sweeter and dont stain the boys' clothes)
-snap peas
-vidalia onions
-I could eat loads of artichokes too! (no dips just the artichoke)
-I love to put fresh herbs in my salads: mint, cilantro and basil depending on the flavor salad i want. (i eat salad for at least one meal a day)
-I know it's processed but i love tofu. It's so versatile. it's yum!
-Spinach- only cooked though. i love it indian flavored the most
-broccoli is my all time favorite veggie. I can eat 1 1/2 lbs in one sitting. I like lemon juice on it or some stir fry sauce.
-i love eggplant. Hubby is ho hum about eggplant so i don't eat it nearly as often as i'd like!

It's kind of lame how picky i am about my veggies. I can't stand a lot of them and i'm a vegetarian/vegan! I'm trying to get more used to the variety.

I just love all the fresh produce i can get living in the farming area of California!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #9
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love fresh fruit, just about any fruit, but most particularly any kind of melon, cherries, strawberries, pineapple, mango.

Nuts & raisins mixed with a small amount of dark chocolate

Nearly any kind of cheese (except the processed junk) and milk ... I drink at least 24 oz of milk per day, which is probably not the healthiest thing in the world but a great source of calcium & protein for me.

Brown rice -- I really love this stuff, the mildly nutty flavor & chewy texture, and prefer it rather than plain white rice.

Broiled fish with fresh cloves of garlic and sauteed greens
TraciJo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:43 PM   #10
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraciJo67 View Post
I love fresh fruit, just about any fruit, but most particularly any kind of melon, cherries, strawberries, pineapple, mango.

Nuts & raisins mixed with a small amount of dark chocolate

Nearly any kind of cheese (except the processed junk) and milk ... I drink at least 24 oz of milk per day, which is probably not the healthiest thing in the world but a great source of calcium & protein for me.

Brown rice -- I really love this stuff, the mildly nutty flavor & chewy texture, and prefer it rather than plain white rice.

Broiled fish with fresh cloves of garlic and sauteed greens
Wow, that much milk? I'm finding that as I get older I'm getting increasingly lactose intolerant, but I don't care for even the lactose-free milk, except in cereal. I've been buying that almond milk recently - it's delicious! All creamy, relatively low in fat and calories; price is pretty good, too. I don't know if almond milk has the same cholesterol-lowering benefits of whole almonds, though. That would be a nice bonus.

I love this time of year and into the summer, in part because of the abundance of fruits and vegetables in season now. That's good, healthy eating right there.

We added a few fruit trees to our "orchard" this year - an apricot, a Meyer lemon, and two cherries (they need to cross-pollinate). So, in a couple years we'll have homegrown cherries, one of my favorite fruits! That is, if the birds are willing to share.

Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:11 PM   #11
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

Baby carrots, YUM.

Red pepper hummus. Beefsteak tomatoes. Avocados. Asparagus. Spinach. Yukon Gold potatoes. Red onions.

Rice Cakes.

Raw cashews.

Pineapple, peaches, raspberries.

Cranberry juice. Wine. Japanese matcha green tea.
LoveBHMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:55 PM   #12
Dolce
ShapeShifter

Hi SpiritAngel,

Your suggestions help a great deal! Thank you. I love to experiment in the kitchen, but on occasion ruin food doing it. I'll let you know how it turns out. And thank you for the hug. Here's a big one right back at you!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #13
Dolce
ShapeShifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post
Japanese matcha green tea.
Hard to find, pricey, and oh so delicious. I love it sweetened with steevia.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:46 AM   #14
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolce View Post
Hard to find, pricey, and oh so delicious. I love it sweetened with steevia.
I love love love green tea. I did not used to like tea at all, but i sort of....worked my way up to matcha. It is definitely an acquired taste. I started drinking the more commercial teas like Bigelow and others from the supermarket and got to a point where they were just too bland and weak. A hot cup of the real thing is amazing.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:16 AM   #15
spiritangel
AmandaClause

I love love love green tea but cannot find the true japanese style that you get at japanese resteraunts and it is never quite the same

also really into organic white tea yuummmm
Old 05-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #16
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

I love yogurt. I'll take plain Greek yogurt and mix in chopped up fresh fruit. And also the more liquid Bulgarian style yogurt and add some natural herb seasoning to it to make a dressing for vegetables or salad.

Mediterranean style salads. They're always so fresh and tangy and flavorful. Tabouli, light on the wheat is a favorite. And then the ones with cucumbers, tomatoes, mint, and other herbs too. As well as the lemony cabbage salad.

I've taken to baking with whole grain flours a lot. And just discovered white wheat flour. It is a whole grain flour, but has a lighter color, flavor, and texture in baked goods than traditional whole wheat flour. I really like a honey and molasses sweetened gingerbread I make with it.

We've taken to buying all free-range meats and whenever possible, dairy too. We've got local sources for grass fed pastured beef and pastured chickens and eggs. Pork and lamb too, when it's availible. Also unpasteurized grass grazed milk, butter, cheese, and yogurt. Which is harder to find, but we get it when we can. And we're making less meat go much farther. The free range/grass fed meat has an entirely different texture and flavor, so a little goes a long way.

I guess all in all, we've been cooking from scratch most meals and using ingredients that are as natural as possible. It means that we usually have simpler meals, but that's okay. And there really isn't much I have not been able to find an all natural version of or a recipe to make from scratch with all natural ingredients.

We've got some awesome local farms and farmers markets around Houston, so it's easy to find good food.

Tracy
Old 05-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #17
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

My favourite healthy foods...
butternut squash
red/yellow peppers
brown rice
soya beans
tunafish
sweet potatoes
babystem brocolli
olives (healthyish!)
satsumas
strawberries
blueberries
oranges
cherries
nectarines
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:06 PM   #18
LoveBHMS
default title

Oooh. squash. i forgot all about spaghetti squash. Amazingly good and frankly just a really cool looking vegetable.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:20 PM   #19
Dolce
ShapeShifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post
Oooh. squash. i forgot all about spaghetti squash. Amazingly good and frankly just a really cool looking vegetable.
I have a spaghetti squash sitting on my table. It's been there for 3 weeks. Could you tell me what to do with it? Frankly, I was going to cut it in half, steam it in a pot of water, and eat it with butter and salt. That is if I can get over my fear of it. I'll take all the suggestions I can get.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:24 PM   #20
Dolce
ShapeShifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritangel View Post
I love love love green tea but cannot find the true japanese style that you get at japanese resteraunts and it is never quite the same

also really into organic white tea yuummmm
Hi SpiritAngel! I really love the new avatar, BTW. You are so beautiful. You're beautiful soul really shines through. Next time I go to the international market and pick up green tea I will post the kind you are looking for. It comes in a goldish/bronze tin with black writing and is relatively inexpensive. Now, do you like the kind with the toasted rice?
Old 05-10-2010, 07:33 PM   #21
spiritangel
AmandaClause

Quote:
Hi SpiritAngel! I really love the new avatar, BTW. You are so beautiful. You're beautiful soul really shines through. Next time I go to the international market and pick up green tea I will post the kind you are looking for. It comes in a goldish/bronze tin with black writing and is relatively inexpensive. Now, do you like the kind with the toasted rice?
Huggles wow thanks, I am not sure I know the one I like has like a barley looking grain at the bootom or some such, I am not sure I have had it with the toasted rice so will have to leave that up to you thats such a sweet and generous thing to do

and thanks for the compliments totally made my day :-)
Old 05-10-2010, 10:23 PM   #22
LoveBHMS
default title

Quote:
I have a spaghetti squash sitting on my table. It's been there for 3 weeks. Could you tell me what to do with it? Frankly, I was going to cut it in half, steam it in a pot of water, and eat it with butter and salt. That is if I can get over my fear of it. I'll take all the suggestions I can get.
cut it in half, place it in the oven with the open side down and roast for about 45 minutes-1 hour. Take it out of the oven and run a fork across it which will created spaghetti like strands. Season it as you would any pasta; butter, olive oil, parmesan, marinara sauce, garlic...whatever you like. it's a very easy squash to prepare and it tastes incredible. Just google it and you should be able to find very easy preparation guides.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #23
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

My favorites list:

Asparagus, bell peppers (I like the red ones best), broccoli, legumes - mostly pinto or red kidney beans, spinach (cooked or raw), mushrooms, red/purple cabbage, sweet potatoes, whole green beans, garden fresh tomatoes, avocados and olives. I also love, love, love sundried tomatoes!

Cherries, apricots, green grapes, honeydew melon, apples (red delicious or golden delicious are my favorite), clementines (mandarin oranges), watermelon, pears, figs, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, bananas. I also love pineapple, but can only eat the canned (in it's own juice) variety as fresh tends to break my mouth out in ulcers.

Cheese! Especially fond of mozzerella, colby/jack mix, cream cheese, baby swiss. I love eggs too - especially in mushroom/cheese omelets. Yum, Yum!

Greek yogurt! I eat the plain variety with fruit and nuts mixed in.

Nuts: Cashews are my fav! Also like macadamias, pecans, hazelnuts, filberts and walnuts.

All natural Peanut Butter - I could live on this! I love it with 85% Dark Chocolate, bananas or on sliced apples. Peanut butter with dark chocolate is one of my favorite snacks. Another is string cheese and grapes.

I love green tea too! I drink it iced in the summer and I sweeten it with stevia. I drink it hot too. I love a lot of herbal teas as well and keep stocked on teas from Celestial Seasonings.

I drink Silk Unsweetened Soy milk. I've developed an intolerance to milk and ice cream over the years. I still eat sugar-free ice cream, but have to take lactaid to do so. I've drank Soy Milk so long that Cow's milk no longer has an appeal to me.

Old fashioned oatmeal cooked with raisins! I sprinkle cinnamon and drizzle a bit of McNut oil on the cooked oats and cover it in Soy Milk. This is my breakfast most mornings.

I eat meat too, but can't afford the free range kind. Basically, I stick with chicken breasts. I bake it in the oven and drizzle MacNut Oil (Macadamia nut oil) over it and sprinkle basil, oregano, celery salt and some times garlic salt on it. I often chunk up the baked chicken in a salad mix of spinach, avocado, tomatoes, bell pepper, cubed mozzerella and sometimes I'll toss some nuts in for crunch. I usually make my own vinegrette dressing. I use MacNut Oil, red wine vinegar, a few seasonings and sweetener. (I have cut sugar out of my diet, so my one non-natural compromise is often Splenda.)

My favorite seafood is shrimp. I also love scallops, mahi mahi (any mild white fish), and calamari (habachi style only). I will also eat salmon, if we go out to a restaurant for it. There is a Chinese Restaurant in Abilene that we love called "China Star". They have several shrimp dishes and usually have baked salmon on the buffet.

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke

Last edited by Punkin1024; 06-12-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #24
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I'm talking about clean and simple foods that are eaten close to the way Mother Nature intended.

I have a bit of insulin resistance which I have gained control of by cutting out all processed foods, grains, and simple sugars. The sugar is the worst for me! Today I ate a serving of 85% dark chocolate which only had 5 grams of sugar and within 30 minutes my blood glucose went from 110 to 70 and then back to 110. I hate that feeling of my body chemistry going up and down. What I have noticed, is that even though fruit contains sugar, it does not cause me to have high blood glucose or reactive hypoglycemia. Only processed foods do this to me. I'd love to see what natural foods others are eating! And in my book, butter IS healthy!

OMG I could go on forever! I love food but like I said, my chemistry is so sensitive that I feel like a crazy person if I deviate from whole foods. BTW, if anyone wants or has crazy delicious smoothie recipes, I am your girl!
Dolce, have you tried eating something like natural peanut butter with the dark chocolate? A little protein and fat with carbs will help prevent insulin spikes.

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:30 PM   #25
Resson
On Timeout

Resson has said some nice things

My favorite healthy foods are vegetables and fruits.These foods have lot of vitamins and minerals which are good for human body so i eat these food.I can eat all vegetables and fruits.
Resson is offline   Reply With Quote