Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-15-2007, 12:49 AM   #1
Count Zero
Dethroned Emperor

Count Zero can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCount Zero can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default What's the WORST food you've had?

We've got all these posts about great food, so here's one looking for something a little different: what's the worst thing you've eaten? Because as we all know, you can't have the good without taking the bad as well...

For myself, it would have to be a mystery tentacle I got from a bento box. Me and a friend were playing the game "Hand Count Mystery Food From The Box And Tell Him What It Is After He Eats It", and it was going just smashing. Then I got this disgusting, cold tentacle (I think it was from one of those little squid) and, being an adventurous gourmet, figured "This can't possibly taste worse than it looks. Might even taste good."

Oh, what a fool was I! I ate it, but it was like sucking down a giant slimy worm. I never, ever want to do that again.

And I apologize in advance for any mental pictures the whole worm thing might bring up.

PS: If there is already a thread about this, I'm sorry. Just thought it'd get some good responses.

Last edited by Count Zero; 09-15-2007 at 12:51 AM.
Count Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:09 AM   #2
moniquessbbw
Shake N Bake

moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Any and everything they serve you to eat while in the hospital. I never want to see any creamy soups again, jello or pudding. I won't even mention the soggy green beans.
moniquessbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 06:47 AM   #3
Zandoz
Highly irregular

Location: Turn left at the Pharos, then right at the library...Alexandria KY
Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

cooked carrots <shudder> <gag>

Blessed is he who has learned to laugh at himself, for he shall never cease to be entertained. -- John Boswell

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool -- William Shakespeare, As You Like It, Act II, Scene VII

History doesn't repeat itself - at best it sometimes rhymes -- Mark Twain

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Zandoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:07 AM   #4
Sugar Magnolia
vmilwa :)

Sugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticed

Beets. blech. I will never eat them, in any fashion again. I went on a fad 3-day diet and beets were on the menu. Needless to say, the diet lasted but one day.
Sugar Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:50 AM   #5
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Liver and onions..No Contest. It was my Dad's fave meal, so once way back when I was young my Mom made it for him for a bday dinner. I cried, and I remember my Mom gagging alot. The whole house had a horrible stench for days.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:19 AM   #6
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

My mom is an excellent cook, good basic meat and potatoes kind of food. We always trusted whatever she put on the table, and that was our downfall. She found this fish on sale and decided to try it. I don't know exactly what kind of fish it was, but it was called "butterfish". OH MY GOD, it was the most horrible thing I have ever tasted in my LIFE!! and I have eaten some strange stuff. I can't even describe the nastiness of the butterfish, it was just horrible. Disgusting.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:14 AM   #7
dreamer72fem
hmmm....

dreamer72fem is a member of the 500 clubdreamer72fem is a member of the 500 clubdreamer72fem is a member of the 500 clubdreamer72fem is a member of the 500 clubdreamer72fem is a member of the 500 clubdreamer72fem is a member of the 500 club

I have very few things on my HATE list...but LIVER is right there at the top. I have tried it several times...because you always get that person who begs you to try theirs because I probably had it cooked badly before. Well....NEVER AGAIN will I be suckered into that nasty tasting stuff.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:31 AM   #8
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

MELONS - all types, but cantaloupe and honeydew specifically.

A butterburger from Culver's restaurant. I took two bites and threw it out. I never through food out.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:13 PM   #9
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

CANTALOUPE, yes. It's like eating perfume.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:24 PM   #10
SuperMishe
Single. Wanna mingle?

SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Goat... it's like liver to the tenth power and liver is nasty enough!!
SuperMishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:24 PM   #11
Heavy_Cream

Heavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesHeavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I too, really, really hate liver. I also hate horse radish or is it all one word-horseradish...and hot chili. And wasabi.

Actually something I made myself last night, was so foul, I had to throw it out! I can only eat "diet food" nowdays, and for some reason I thought my fat-free, sugar-free plain white yoghurt would go well on....corn! So I had a big bown of plain yellow salt-free corn in a bowl and poured quite a bit of my yoghurt on the corn. It was horrible! I ate as much of it as I could, and it was making me feel a tiny bit nauseated, it was so awful, I was really surprised by how bad it was. Threw what I couldn't eat down the sink.
Heavy_Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:26 PM   #12
Heavy_Cream

Heavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesHeavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I also don't like the taste of duck meat. I know some people really love it though, including my ex-husband...I seem to recall him saying he liked duck.

I had lamb once and I don't think I cared for the taste of it, either.
Heavy_Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:27 PM   #13
diggers1917
Cynical Romantic

diggers1917 has super-sized repdiggers1917 has super-sized repdiggers1917 has super-sized repdiggers1917 has super-sized rep

A Spaghetti Squash - it was years ago and I can't remember much appart from it being absolutely disgusting and I'll be happy never to see one of these horrible little plants ever again, let alone taste them.

:bow:
diggers1917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:33 PM   #14
Rowan
wickedly delicious

Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Anything with peppers..ruins it...ick

פפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפ

~*~And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
~*~
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:36 PM   #15
Esme

Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

This is sure to be a controversial post, but, I really dislike the green bean casserole soup mush with onion thingies on top. The smell, sight, texture and viscosity of it just squicks me right out.
Esme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:40 PM   #16
Sugar Magnolia
vmilwa :)

Sugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme View Post
This is sure to be a controversial post, but, I really dislike the green bean casserole soup mush with onion thingies on top. The smell, sight, texture and viscosity of it just squicks me right out.

Ughhh! I totally agree with you, Esme. My mom and I get shivers when we think about this. Whenever we have potlucks at work I beg people not to bring that dish. The mere thought of GBC grosses me out as well.
Sugar Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:17 PM   #17
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

When I was a Senior in High School (1970), my father was out of work for a few weeks after an encounter with the lawnmower - the blade pulverized his big toe, and he had to recover for about six weeks. CBS had just started running "The Galloping Gourmet", and Dad would write down the recipes of the things he thought looked interesting.

Some of them were quite good - one was almost inedible.

The recipe required you to hang steaks on hooks in the fridge to "season" them for several days before cooking them. We did that, and they tasted RANCID. It was the last graham Kerr recipe that Dad ever wrote down.

Dad talked about how bad that meal was for years afterwards. And we used to joke about knowing why the Galloping Gourmet was galloping - he was heading for the bathroom....

Old 09-15-2007, 02:31 PM   #18
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My Aunt Marguerite was the worst cook I have ever known. She cooked everything -- meat, vegetables, desserts -- for hours, until they were reduced to tasteless, gray sludge. She even made (I am not kidding) gray coffee and gray pumpkin pie. And she was so nice, so sweet, so earnest that you couldn't refuse her -- you smiled (more of a rictus, really) and choked it down.
But the absolutely worst thing she ever made was chicken and noodles. This was a soft, gray, roughly oval mass that closely resembled a raw human brain. And, for some reason, she was convinced that I, as a small child, had liked it (I had not) and invited me over to sample the mess every time she made it! I did not become a vegetarian solely to escape my aunt's chicken and noodles, but I considered it an ancillary benefit.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 05:43 PM   #19
Half Full

Half Full has super-sized repHalf Full has super-sized repHalf Full has super-sized repHalf Full has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
We've got all these posts about great food, so here's one looking for something a little different: what's the worst thing you've eaten? Because as we all know, you can't have the good without taking the bad as well...

For myself, it would have to be a mystery tentacle I got from a bento box. Me and a friend were playing the game "Hand Count Mystery Food From The Box And Tell Him What It Is After He Eats It", and it was going just smashing. Then I got this disgusting, cold tentacle (I think it was from one of those little squid) and, being an adventurous gourmet, figured "This can't possibly taste worse than it looks. Might even taste good."

Oh, what a fool was I! I ate it, but it was like sucking down a giant slimy worm. I never, ever want to do that again.

And I apologize in advance for any mental pictures the whole worm thing might bring up.

PS: If there is already a thread about this, I'm sorry. Just thought it'd get some good responses.
Mamey!! It's a melon-like fruit popular with Cuban, Mexican and Caribbean cuisine. It's eaten like melon or mixed into a milkshake. It tastes and smells like rotting flesh

Last edited by Half Full; 09-15-2007 at 05:43 PM. Reason: typo
Half Full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 06:17 PM   #20
fatat18

fatat18 has said some nice things
Default Ugh

It's a type of fruit called a Ramutan, it's a wierd looking thing, and it tastes like oil, Disgusting.
fatat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:49 PM   #21
Amarintha

Amarintha can now change their title

Asparagus.

I dont care how its prepared. i hates it >.<
Old 09-15-2007, 08:53 PM   #22
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Oh, I quite agree about this, no controversy with me. I can't stand this stuff, I hate green beans in any form, any way at all. Last Christmas, my sister-in-law made the casserole stuff, and my mom kept trying to make me take some. I politely declined and passed the bowl, but mom kept saying "Try it, you might like the way Michelle makes it". I tried not to make a scene refusing the stuff, but finally I had to turn to mom and say "Look Mom, I am 43 years old. I KNOW what I don't like, and I DO NOT LIKE BEANS!!, SO DROP IT". I felt terrible for cracking, but I really DO NOT LIKE BEANS
Old 09-16-2007, 06:57 AM   #23
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

Anything with maple flavouring....and almond flavouring. I only like almonds as nuts. The flavouring tastes like cherry. oh gross. And well maple just needs to be illegal. lol
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:45 AM   #24
Michelle
Member Schmember

Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
Anything with maple flavouring....and almond flavouring. I only like almonds as nuts. The flavouring tastes like cherry. oh gross. And well maple just needs to be illegal. lol
So funny coming from a Canadian.

For me, it's liver and other organ meats, beets, lima beans, butter beans, kidney beans, brussel sprouts, walnuts, pecans, tea with flavorings or sugar, and sweet pickles. Texture plays a big part in the liver and bean thing.

As for processed or fast foods, there is this Thai food on the grocery shelves that have these noodles that are vacuum packed. Those noodles really, really gross me out and I can't eat them.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:58 AM   #25
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Not controversial at all - I've heard that stuff referred to as "elephant puke".

I remember reading a while back that the recipe for that dish was developed by someone in the Campbell's Soup test kitchens - they were looking for new ways to use soup and came up with that.....

Quote:
Green bean casserole turns 50 this Thanksgiving

MOUNT LAUREL, N.J. (AP) It only seems as if it's been part of Thanksgiving dinner forever.

Green bean casserole, the super-simple dish that is now as much a Thanksgiving fixture as football and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade for many families, turns 50 this year.

The casserole made with green beans and cream of mushroom soup topped with crunchy fried onions is the most popular recipe ever to come out of the corporate kitchen at Camden-based Campbell Soup Co.

Dorcas Reilly, a Campbell Soup kitchen supervisor in 1955, was the driving force behind the dish, company officials say. But Reilly, 79, doesn't remember having a hand in it, saying the dish was among hundreds created (after all, she helped create a tomato soup meatloaf, a tuna noodle casserole and Sloppy Joe-like "souperburgers").

For Campbell, the introduction of green bean casserole was more memorable. The company estimates it sells $20 million worth of cream of mushroom soup each year just to people following Reilly's recipe, or versions of it.

The recipe, created for an Associated Press feature in 1955, is still a fixture on soup cans labels and, this time of year, Campbell television commercials.

<more>

http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifesty...en-beans_x.htm