Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-24-2007, 10:15 AM   #1
BigCutieSasha
Fatty McFat Fat

BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!
Talking Where are you a regular at??

I have noticed lately, that I have a lot of food establishments I frequent quite often. To the point of the staff knows me.
There is a sushi place where the manager actually knows that I will get sushi pizza every time I order.
The guys over at my favorite mexican food dive now know that I get two orders of chips and salsa and sides of sour cream to go with whatever main course I choose.
The Starbucks in Safeway near my house, I think ALL the girls who work there know me. To a point where I saw one at the mall and she stopped and talked with me for a while.
The Subway near me as well. Foot long roasted chicken breast. Like clockwork

I laugh every time it happens. Doany of you have places like that. Where are a regular and the people already know what you want? Or at least know your name.
BigCutieSasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
Tracy
Fat & Sassy

Tracy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTracy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTracy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Where are you a regular at??

TCBY, Golden Dragon (local Chinese) & a local Mexican place. (all know me by name)

We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do :)
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:24 AM   #3
RevolOggerp

RevolOggerp has said some nice things

I used to be a regular at a local Burger King years ago. There was a guy there who knew that I always ordered 2 cheeseburgers to go.

I also used to be a regular at a local Golden Chick too. One cute gal there knew that I always got the 7 tenders meal with mashed potatoes & mac-n-cheese. On some days, she would sneak in a tender or two and give me my order with a cute smile.

At these places, they would ring up the order and then ask me... "the usual" before telling me how much I owe.

This was years ago when I was living in a nearby apartment complex 8 years ago. Now, the Burger King has been closed. The Golden Chick is still open, but the cute gal that worked there is no longer there. I've been out of state for the last 8 years.
RevolOggerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:58 AM   #4
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

lol My husband and I go to Chipotle enough that the staff can fill our orders without us askign. We often call ourselves the 2 beans because we always ask for 2 scoops of black beans on our burrito bowls. (Two beans comes from us changing a quote from Half Baked when Dave Chapelle shows his butt at the boega and they remember him as "black ass".. so we say 2 beans in the same way they said it.. we're geeky like that)
We are also known almost everywhere we go because our son is so charming that they remember him and us as his accessories. Even our grocery store knows us. Most of the staff at Costco knows us too.. I guess that comes from shoppig int he same stores for almost 10 years and it beign a small town.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:55 PM   #5
Esme

Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Every morning I stop and get a Big Apple Bagel... and they know me. Honey Oat bagel with regular cream cheese. Not toasted. Been getting it for years.

This year I threw them for a loop and changed to honey-cinnamon cream cheeese... but they have me figured out already, so I'm always good to go.
Esme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:32 PM   #6
~da rev~
Call me Axel

~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board

Olga's Kitchen.

http://olgaskitchen.com/

3 Cheese Olga, Plain. Curly Fries.
Cup of Cream of Broccoli Soup w/Snackers and Extra cheese.
Mountain Dew or Orange Cream Cooler to drink.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:43 PM   #7
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

One of the chinese restaurants in town - we get food from then on Thursdays.

Taco Bell.

We don't eat out that much geberally once a week maybe twice.
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:57 PM   #8
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

There are a couple of restaurants that we frequent that know us on sight, one Mexican and one Chinese. They know exactly what drinks and entrees our kids want , therefore, they can start preparing their food immendiately.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:17 PM   #9
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

We've been going to the local Chinese restaurant for ten years. The owner knows we're vegetarian, and she tells us what veggies are the freshest. Sometimes she cooks us dishes that aren't on the menu. We've known the guy who runs the Thai restaurant since he was a kid (it was his mother's place back then); sometimes his mother is back in the kitchen cooking, and when she knows we're there she comes out to say hello (and sometimes we get a hug ).
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:27 PM   #10
sunnie1653
Happiest. Mommy. Ever. :)

sunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Jamba Juice. They don't always know what I'm going to get, but they all know me by name (and I get power-sized smoothies for sixteen-ounce smoothie prices from a couple of the girls that work there.. hey it saves me 2 bucks!!)
sunnie1653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:56 PM   #11
BigCutieSasha
Fatty McFat Fat

BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnie1653 View Post
Jamba Juice. (and I get power-sized smoothies for sixteen-ounce smoothie prices from a couple of the girls that work there.. hey it saves me 2 bucks!!)
Lucky!!
Old 09-24-2007, 07:05 PM   #12
DeniseW
Fat don't crack!!

DeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Acropolis Pizza for my veggie pizza I get once a week as a treat and Wasabi Sushi that we go to a lot. Also in New Haven, Abate Italian restaurant, best calamari ever!!! And I love their eggplant parmigan, I have enough left over for 2 more meals.
DeniseW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:49 PM   #13
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

My regular place, I went there this afternoon, is a local chinese buffet/mongolian BBQ. They have the absolute best won ton soup and sao mai, and I love that they make stir fry right on the spot from fresh veggies and meat. And, they don't hassle me about sitting there for a couple hours while I read my papers.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:13 AM   #14
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Oh this one is funny...

The clerks at Jack in the Box in my neighborhood know my car and when I pull around to the drive through, oftentimes they will come over the speaker and ask if I just want my tea or if I want food too. ROFL! They have THE best iced tea in my little town. (Well, Murphy's Deli is better but they aren't open Sundays and nights). But yes, at least five times a week, I will get a large iced tea, extra lemon, and a half dozen packets of sugar from that particular JITB. Without fail. Every time. The tea is *fresh* but *strong*. Almost coffee dark. I love it! I pretty much gave up on Sonic in my town, they serve tea flavored water. Dear Husband says it is my "liquid crack".

Other than that, a few of the places here in town know us because we go there all the time. Little family owned Italian place (Dear Husband waited tables there when he was in high school), little coffee shop (they know I drink tea but always get a chocolate scone), Murphy's Deli (they remember me because I always get side dishes and salads instead of sandwiches), and I am sure the rest of them remember us too. There aren't that many places to eat in my town, but most of them are pretty good so we go often.

Tracy
Old 09-25-2007, 04:42 AM   #15
William
On Timeout

William makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging in

For Fast Food I vote

Duchess

http://www.duchessrestaurants.com/

or for breakfast a Breakfast Buritto (a full meal) at

Donnie's Deli

http://donniesdeli.com/

William

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseW View Post
Acropolis Pizza for my veggie pizza I get once a week as a treat and Wasabi Sushi that we go to a lot. Also in New Haven, Abate Italian restaurant, best calamari ever!!! And I love their eggplant parmigan, I have enough left over for 2 more meals.

Last edited by William; 09-25-2007 at 04:50 AM.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:23 AM   #16
NancyGirl74

NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Well, I didn't think I was a regular any where until I walked into Arby's the other day on my lunch break, gave the guy my order, and he said to me, "Extra salad dressing, right?"
NancyGirl74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:05 PM   #17
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Living in the city, there are so many choices, and good choices too, that its been hard to try to be a regular anywhere.

When I lived small town a few years ago, it was easier. Both in learning names, and they learned mine. And my favorites. I could say I was a regular at Subway, the Dixie Grill, Peach City, and Taco Time.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:08 PM   #18
troubadours

troubadours has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!troubadours has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!troubadours has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!troubadours has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!troubadours has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!troubadours has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!troubadours has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!troubadours has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!troubadours has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!troubadours has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!troubadours has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

lately - quiznos (chicken carbonara (probably spelling it wrong, too lazy to check ) is one of the best chicken sandwiches i've ever had and i've had quite a few) and burger king... they just put a food court on my campus

when i'm at home, though, i'm all about bertucci's, cheeseburger in paradise, red lobster (i was home this wknd and went there twice!!! yay), panera bread, cosi and chipotle. i love sandwiches and italian food. and cheeseburgers. mmmm.
troubadours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:44 PM   #19
dreamer72fem
hmmm....

dreamer72fem is a member of the 500 clubdreamer72fem is a member of the 500 clubdreamer72fem is a member of the 500 clubdreamer72fem is a member of the 500 clubdreamer72fem is a member of the 500 clubdreamer72fem is a member of the 500 club

Several years ago there was a place called B&L Tavern. Just a small family owned tavern/restaurant me and my friend Fred would go to ALL the time. We always sat at the same table and most times ordered drummie baskets and shared some onion rings. Sometimes I would waver to the hot ham because it was awesome. If our waitress spotted us pulling in, she would already have our drinks at the table for us when we walked in. BUT alas..the family wanted to retire and no one wanted to take it over or anything so they sold it...and now it is a flipping auto parts store. *sobs*
Now I tend to go to Star of India or a chinese place not far from here.
Stacey
Old 09-26-2007, 07:40 AM   #20
curvaluscious

curvaluscious can now change their title

I'll have to try that chicken carbonara sandwich from Quizno's. Sounds yummy. Yeah, I'm a cheeseburger slut myself, especially if bacon's involved.
curvaluscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:44 AM   #21
Zandoz
Highly irregular

Location: Turn left at the Pharos, then right at the library...Alexandria KY
Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The only specific place we went with any regularity (not counting fast food drive-up windows) was the local Fuddruckers. We really can not afford to eat out much, and it WAS our kind of guilty pleasure place. Last week, we discovered it had closed up.

About the only other places we eat out at more than once or twice a year are the Bob Evans and Frisches, but we do not frequent any one specific of those...it's usually one of their places close to where ever we happen to be out and about.

Blessed is he who has learned to laugh at himself, for he shall never cease to be entertained. -- John Boswell

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool -- William Shakespeare, As You Like It, Act II, Scene VII

History doesn't repeat itself - at best it sometimes rhymes -- Mark Twain

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Zandoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:59 AM   #22
Sandie S-R

Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!

Guy and I have a Soup Plantation near us that we just love. We eat there probably once a week. It is an all you eat, soup, salad, bread, pasta and desert bar. Fabulous fresh food! Several of the employees know us and talk to us when we are there.

Sandie S-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:21 AM   #23
BigCutieSasha
Fatty McFat Fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by missaf View Post
Sandie stole my favorite place to go

We also go to the Melting Pot, but I have to admit to not going for a while because of the price. I love fondue, but I'm not allowed to have cheese or sugar anymore! *whine*
I want to go to a place like the Melting Pot. I can't remember if it was that place or another with the same theme. Anyway, I won't go back because I checked city search and it said for reseverations, not needed. So we didn't call. We show up and without reservation in an empty resturant and they turn us away. Skinny snobby girl with her all to powerful seating chart!! But I'm sure had we gotten in I would be a regular there too.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:24 AM   #24
RevolOggerp

RevolOggerp has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
lol My husband and I go to Chipotle enough that the staff can fill our orders without us askign. We often call ourselves the 2 beans because we always ask for 2 scoops of black beans on our burrito bowls. (Two beans comes from us changing a quote from Half Baked when Dave Chapelle shows his butt at the boega and they remember him as "black ass".. so we say 2 beans in the same way they said it.. we're geeky like that)
We are also known almost everywhere we go because our son is so charming that they remember him and us as his accessories. Even our grocery store knows us. Most of the staff at Costco knows us too.. I guess that comes from shoppig int he same stores for almost 10 years and it beign a small town.
Have you and your husband ever had problems after eating at Chipotle?

5 of my friends ate there at different times and all ended up having explosive diarrhea within a couple hours afterwards... except me. I'm fine.

They say that since it didn't happen to me but it happened to all of them, then there's something wrong with me...
RevolOggerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:48 AM   #25
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

We live in a fairly small town but surprisingly we have found a really great chinese place (in this land of the super beffets). It is strictly order off the menu so all the food is fresh and we haven't had a bad item yet..and they always ask if we're having the "usual".

We also have a little hole in the wall Vietnamese place that knows us by name and order too..