Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 04-27-2010, 07:14 PM   #26
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_FFA View Post
Hi, screenwriter here!
thinking we should work on creating a movie:-) that is filled with sexy dimms women
spiritangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:47 AM   #27
balletguy

balletguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durin View Post
We FA's live in a world where Women are constantly splashed from print and screen that I could care less about.

I just wish that sometime the Book, Comic Book, TV, Movie sweatheart is one that I could enjoy.

It just gets old after a while. I would like a fat leading woman.
Agreed 100%. Not everyone likes people who look like a skelton.
balletguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:01 PM   #28
GTAFA

GTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
We FA's live in a world where Women are constantly splashed from print and screen that I could care less about.

I just wish that sometime the Book, Comic Book, TV, Movie sweatheart is one that I could enjoy.

I agree completely, but would be more vehement about it. Imagine turning on the TV to watch a show supposedly depicting American life, where all of the main characters are walking on crutches, or all shouting, or all carrying weapons (no wait... that last one describes half the shows on primetime). Wouldn't people think this is odd, that it simply isn't like real life?

Yet people accept this bizarre misrepresentation. Super thin people portray a disproportionate number of the people in drama & comedy on TV & film. If you were watching a movie about the 1st world war, you wouldn't accept characters who use hip hop slang: unless of course that's an intentional effect (eg the way they put modern music into A Knight's Tale or Moulin Rouge). At one time many of the actors in Hollywood played as if they were on stage (big projected voices), partly because that helped record their voices, partly because it was expected that actors would have that kind of training. And nowadays actors are expected to be superthin and superfit, even though the reality that is depicted is a distorted reality.

The distortion is bad enough when it's just an absence noticed by a horny man, looking for excitement. We're going to complain, the way we get upset if the store runs out of coke or some other consumable product. Boo hoo. But we have such riches. That pales beside the damage on the psyche of people who fail to see THEMSELVES represented. If you go to movies and all you see are buff marines, sexy beach bunnies, rich baby-boomers, token members of a few ethnic groups..then what's left? The almost complete absence of SSBBWs & BHM from any kind of visible public discourse is partly remedied by sites such as this one, where some of us come for a breath of fresh air. It's as if one of the primary colours is simply MISSING. Shit, there's no RED. So we'll make due with the other two.

The funny thing is almost every really interesting thread on dimensions leads me back to wanting to say THANK YOU to Dimensions for existing.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:12 PM   #29
Bafta1

Bafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:

I SOOO agree with this statement!!!
Bafta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:59 PM   #30
CurvaceousBBWLover
Primordial

CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Thumbs up

Quote:

Be patient. Fatness is becoming mainstream.

Check out the movie You Don't Mess With the Zohan. Lainie Kazan is in that movie and she is a fine, fat woman.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:52 PM   #31
LinCanDo66

LinCanDo66 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLinCanDo66 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLinCanDo66 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Melissa McCarthy

It's a shame "Samantha Who?" on ABC was cancelled. It starred Christina Applegate and one of her friends was played by Melissa McCarthy (I believe she's Jenny McCarthy's cousin). She also played Sookie on "The Gilmore Girls", though I never watched that show.

Her character in "Samantha Who?" began dating Sam's boss because from the moment he saw her he was in love. It was a cute storyline and I think she's such a cute woman.
LinCanDo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:14 PM   #32
indy500tchr
I am here!

indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I can't wait for Drop Dead Diva to come back. I loved the relationship she was starting w/ that lawyer. HE is smokin' HOT

"Growing Old Is Mandatory. Growing Up Is Optional"

"BBWs aren't exactly built for speed. There's something luxurious about it." ~bdog
indy500tchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:23 PM   #33
PeanutButterfly

PeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy500tchr View Post
I can't wait for Drop Dead Diva to come back. I loved the relationship she was starting w/ that lawyer. HE is smokin' HOT

Agreed!! It comes back June 6th and I'm so excited. The lawyer is such a cutie, I believe the same actor was in the Office too .

I'd be interested to see if the actress who plays Jane (I'm blanking on her name) actually retains BBW status as she becomes more famous and hollywood influenced. America Ferrera was my role model for the longest time because she was a big girl and always played rolls that challenged society's view of size. My favorite was her movie "Real Women Have Curves", I just like that she openly embraced her curviness. But lately she's lost so much weight (she's pretty average now, not even really chubby) and while I'm sure she's worked very hard to do it, it's kind of a bummer. This has happened quite a few times with my Hollywood BBW idols...
PeanutButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:43 AM   #34
Russ2d

Russ2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButterfly View Post
Agreed!! It comes back June 6th and I'm so excited. The lawyer is such a cutie, I believe the same actor was in the Office too .

I'd be interested to see if the actress who plays Jane (I'm blanking on her name) actually retains BBW status as she becomes more famous and hollywood influenced. America Ferrera was my role model for the longest time because she was a big girl and always played rolls that challenged society's view of size. My favorite was her movie "Real Women Have Curves", I just like that she openly embraced her curviness. But lately she's lost so much weight (she's pretty average now, not even really chubby) and while I'm sure she's worked very hard to do it, it's kind of a bummer. This has happened quite a few times with my Hollywood BBW idols...

Hollywood hates a womanly woman for a variety of sick reasons and most actresses unfortunately jump through hoops to conform... a wonderful exception I remember was Patricia Arquette who refused to lose weight when told by the producer of Medium to do so

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/pe...to_lose_weight
Russ2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:57 AM   #35
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ2d View Post
Hollywood hates a womanly woman for a variety of sick reasons and most actresses unfortunately jump through hoops to conform... a wonderful exception I remember was Patricia Arquette who refused to lose weight when told by the producer of Medium to do so

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/pe...to_lose_weight
Isn't the term 'womanly woman' a redundancy? Or are you suggesting that only fat women are 'womanly'?
TraciJo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:33 AM   #36
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!

not every man is manly either
exile in thighville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:26 PM   #37
Russ2d

Russ2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Isn't the term 'womanly woman' a redundancy?
No

Quote:
not every man is manly
Agreed
Russ2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:40 PM   #38
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButterfly View Post

I'd be interested to see if the actress who plays Jane (I'm blanking on her name) *snip*
Brooke Elliott... http://www.google.co.uk/images?um=1&...=&oq=&gs_rfai=
Old 05-08-2010, 03:16 PM   #39
GTAFA

GTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticed
Default it depends

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraciJo67 View Post
Isn't the term 'womanly woman' a redundancy? Or are you suggesting that only fat women are 'womanly'?
It may be dependent on context. For me --a person who expects the genders to be different, one from the other--"womanly" means someone who resembles my ideal of woman. When I see the typical female athlete, which is to say a woman with no subcutaneous fat, lots of muscle, and a shape that at first glance is indistinguishable from most men, I am sometimes confused, and see that woman as a man. I am, to be honest, a bit creeped out. I have tried dating thin women and they leave me absolutely cold.

Womanly may come to mean something else in time, particularly if you extrapolate some current cultural trends. If boys grow up surrounded by hard-bodied girls, and nobody has any fat on their bodies, the notion of what it is to be a man or woman will change. I recall hearing that during the first part of the gay plague --before AIDS had been identified-- I heard that there was a vogue for bears. BHM were seen to be more attractive because thinness was being correlated with the sick people in the gay community. Similarly, in the 19th century there was a kind of mystique attached to the waif-like look of women dying of TB (which suggests a perverse attraction to illness rather than repulsion,... go figure). Even now being an FA is somewhat exceptional. Perhaps the time may come when even being a bit plus-sized doesn't connect any longer with femininity.

But even should that come to pass (scary thought) some people will reject the norm and be attracted in the opposite direction (like the example in the victorian era).

What strange times we live in.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:32 PM   #40
JimBob
Wondering Where You Are

JimBob can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJimBob can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJimBob can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

There's the excellent webcomic called Intragalactic, where the main character, Capt. Ben Glee, is a sexually voracious, swashbuckling adventure-seeker, and also a BBW, but without making a huge gratuitous thing about it. The author is a female FA who likes that kind of thing.

Go check it out!

Last edited by JimBob; 05-12-2010 at 04:36 PM.
JimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:43 PM   #41
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBob View Post
There's the excellent webcomic called Intragalactic, where the main character, Capt. Ben Glee, is a sexually voracious, swashbuckling adventure-seeker, and also a BBW, but without making a huge gratuitous thing about it. The author is a female FA who likes that kind of thing.
Holy shit, so that's where Stephen Sakurai went! He used to have a webcomic based around BBW way back when, too. Can't remember what it was called, though. Must be like six years since I last checked it out.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:48 PM   #42
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Gavin and Stacey - by Ruth Jones and James Cordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBob View Post

*snip*

Go check it out!
Oh yes, Intragalactic rules! Buuuut... the author's pseudonym of Steph Cherrywell is misleading - It's one of S. Sakurai's pen-names... And he, is a he... He's done a lot of other stuff over the years, but I won't link it here, cos although it's not hentai and is very much on the silly / satirical side, I'm sure it'd make a lot of peoples heads explode on here, and I can do without the great big fights....

Speaking of heads exploding - I just watched the first two series of the comedy show Gavin and Stacey (or as I think of it: "Nessa and Smithy").... And I bought it partly cos of all the samples played on Radio 1, but let's face it mainly cos of the lovely, talented BBW Ruth Jones character: Nessa - she's a woman in charge of her own sexual destiny, she's been all over the world and taken many lovers, she takes no shit, speaks italian and can drive a truck... Of course, some people would call Nessa "trashy"...
Pics in character:

Oh and for the FFAs - there's BHM James Cordon as Smithy too:

James and Ruth actually write the show as well as starring in it! Personally I think it's hella funny and they're both ace, smart and funny and Ruth is "lush" as Nessa would say...
Here they are together, out of character:

A few clips - although I think it's a show that works best in context...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr4zmMfz3pE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhvbEh8Dv5g
And this one with the KFC and the lust is especially awesome :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqIin0KSinE
Old 05-12-2010, 05:52 PM   #43
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
Holy shit, so that's where Stephen Sakurai went! He used to have a webcomic based around BBW way back when, too. Can't remember what it was called, though. Must be like six years since I last checked it out.
Ah, screw it I'll risk it...
Maybe you're thinking of:
http://creamybeamy.comicgenesis.com/
or
http://muertitos.comicgenesis.com/
or maybe even Flying Suit Reiko! But it looks like Sakurai has decided to pull the archive of that... I didn't think the art on it was that bad! http://www.flyingsuitreiko.com/

Yes, I am a TOTAL web-comic nerd / addict... :P
Old 05-12-2010, 05:56 PM   #44
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joswitch View Post
or maybe even Flying Suit Reiko! But it looks like Sakurai has decided to pull the archive of that... I didn't think the art on it was that bad! http://www.flyingsuitreiko.com/
THAT'S what it was! I knew it was something Suit something.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:00 PM   #45
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
THAT'S what it was! I knew it was something Suit something.
Yeah, his new(er) stuff is even better - check out them archives!