Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 07-20-2006, 01:45 PM   #1
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default The thread for random foodee confessions

It was only a matter of time.

I seem to have lost my mojo in the kitchen. It seems every experiment here lately has flopped in a major way. And even the mundane tasks (i.e. cooking rice) have not gone unscathed.

Last edited by ScreamingChicken; 07-20-2006 at 01:49 PM.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:58 PM   #2
Esme

Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken
It was only a matter of time.

I seem to have lost my mojo in the kitchen. It seems every experiment here lately has flopped in a major way. And even the mundane tasks (i.e. cooking rice) have not gone unscathed.

Don't feel bad Screaming Chicken... I'm a pretty decent cook and have NEVER been able to make regular rice without messing it up.

My problem is, any time I make a decent steak, I get distracted and burn it. I've turned my last two filets into hockey pucks!
Esme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 02:02 PM   #3
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme

My problem is, any time I make a decent steak, I get distracted and burn it. I've turned my last two filets into hockey pucks!
For some reason, the ability to properly cook a steak has alluded me, too . Pork and chicken I can cook practically blindfolded but beef seems to mock me.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:13 PM   #4
collegeguy2514
Duke of Deli Meats

collegeguy2514 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokescollegeguy2514 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

im a decent cook, and even i cant cook rice in a pot. i normally use a rice cooker, but last time i tryed to do that, it didnt cook right.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:15 PM   #5
CuteyChubb
Queen of Hearts

CuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging in

I just got through talking about this, except I just need to get some mo jo. I love food. Food loves me. I just have to get my skills in order. I watch the food channel a lot hoping something will just sink in. I decided I was just going to make a huge effort and get myself up to speed.

As for your mo jo, maybe it has to do w/how HOT it's been. I don't want to cook when its hot. My sister is so lucky to have a boyfriend who does all the cooking.
CuteyChubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 02:16 PM   #6
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

Cooking rice for me should be a walk in the park. I was shown how to do it by the time I was ten, for Pete's sake. But I seem to be screwing even the basics up.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:43 PM   #7
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken
Cooking rice for me should be a walk in the park. I was shown how to do it by the time I was ten, for Pete's sake. But I seem to be screwing even the basics up.
IC that I have the same problem. So I bought me a rice cooker.

Pour in rice, Pour in water, put on the lid and press the button.
Note: I do NOT use sticky rice, or jasmine rice. I buy the long grain.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:44 PM   #8
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I am Mr. Confidence in the Kitchen.

But I confess that I'm also Mr. SuckEggs when it comes to baking.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:27 AM   #9
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy

I think you're suppose to crack them, not suck them. This should improve your baking!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 05:39 AM   #10
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Sove stole my line. I'll take it out of her hide later, but in the meantime I'll add that I used to think rice cookers were a ridiculous waste of space, but now I wouldn't wanna live without mine. As lobotomized women in TV ads say, "Perfect rice, every time!"

I'll also add...

Fuzzy! I love the pic you had up yesterday, but this is the best avatar ever. (Big Princess Bride fan here.) I'm gonna use it next time I have to fill out one of those name tags.

I have the sort of last name that makes people wanna make an off-color joke (no, not Mulva), so I usually try to beat them to the punch on my name tag. One time, though, instead of ice-breakery reactions, I got odd looks and furrowed brows all night. When I got home and peeled the thing offa me, I saw that much of what I'd intended to write had spilled off the name tag, perhaps onto the next one on the sheet. Somebody else was probably walking around with the rest of my funny.

Comedy's a risky bi'ness.
"If you stand on a soapbox and trade rhetoric with a dictator you never win. That's what they do so well; they seduce people. But if you ridicule them, bring them down with laughter, they can't win." ~ Mel Brooks

"The country is run by extremists, 'cause moderates have shit to do." ~ Jon Stewart

"And she doesn't wear polyester except when she's kidding."~ Egbert Souse
Boteroesque Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:10 AM   #11
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

I feel you on the name pain, BB. My last name is almost always exclusively an African American name. In and of itself, that's fine. But what do my parents name their firstborn boy? Rhett. Oh yeah... That's brilliant.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:11 PM   #12
collegeguy2514
Duke of Deli Meats

collegeguy2514 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokescollegeguy2514 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy

GREATEST. AVATAR. EVER!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2006, 07:23 PM   #13
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

I confess i made rice with dinner..and it was damn good!
Old 07-21-2006, 08:31 PM   #14
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

I love, I Love, I L-O-V-E Arby's Original Roast Beef and Arby's Sauce. I could have it morning, noon, and night. In fact, that's what I did today.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:35 PM   #15
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

I confess that I recycled some stale vanilla flavored sugar wafer by crumbling them up in to a bowl and pour milk over them. VOILA! sugar wafer cereal.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:21 AM   #16
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Last night my dinner was as follows:

organic mac and cheese

one sliver of pizza

peanut butter cup ice cream

Horrible. Just horrible.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:52 AM   #17
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

taco bell equals taco fun and taco yum!
Old 07-27-2006, 06:30 AM   #18
Upstate New York Foodee
Sick of poli-tricks

Upstate New York Foodee can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesUpstate New York Foodee can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I had a major surgar craving the other day and no sweets in the house. So, I had some Betty Crocker Rich and Creamy Butter Cream Frosting straight out of the tub. 3 teaspoons worth on Tuesday and about 4 teaspoons worth yesterday. It got rid of the craving though!
Upstate New York Foodee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:49 AM   #19
CuteyChubb
Queen of Hearts

CuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging in

I acctually like Hamburger Helper.
The shame.
CuteyChubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:42 PM   #20
BBW Betty
Made My Saving Throw

BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteyChubb
I acctually like Hamburger Helper.
The shame.
Don't feel too ashamed. I'm a decent cook, but we have Helper meals 3-4 times a week. Mostly due to my husband's work schedule and wanting handy left-overs for his lunch at work.

I love to bake, and my experiments usually turn out well. However, I can't seem to make a good pie crust anymore. My mom gave me a fool-proof recipe, but I can't make even that one work.
BBW Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 06:50 PM   #21
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBW Betty
Don't feel too ashamed. I'm a decent cook, but we have Helper meals 3-4 times a week. Mostly due to my husband's work schedule and wanting handy left-overs for his lunch at work.

I love to bake, and my experiments usually turn out well. However, I can't seem to make a good pie crust anymore. My mom gave me a fool-proof recipe, but I can't make even that one work.
That's when I buy the Pillsbury Pre-made Pre-Fab pie crusts. Just thaw, unfold(!) and use. Just about the only way I can make a decent pot pie, or breakfast quiche.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:05 PM   #22
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate New York Foodee
I had a major surgar craving the other day and no sweets in the house. So, I had some Betty Crocker Rich and Creamy Butter Cream Frosting straight out of the tub. 3 teaspoons worth on Tuesday and about 4 teaspoons worth yesterday. It got rid of the craving though!

Even better is spoonfuls of cold "hot fudge" from a jar in the fridge.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:45 PM   #23
LJ Rock

LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme
Don't feel bad Screaming Chicken... I'm a pretty decent cook and have NEVER been able to make regular rice without messing it up.
Me too, Esme... my rice almost always comes out just a little bit sticky. Same thing, I forget and get disctracted with other things and I end up cooking it just a little bit too long.

This morning I actually messed up grits! lol How do you mess up grits??? They are the easiest thing in the world to make! But I added too much water (couldn't find my measuring cup, so I used a large coffee cup instead) so they came out super mushy. Its okay though... they were still good.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:49 PM   #24
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

I never have just mac and cheese. I have to put something on it. Like cracked black pepper... or lemon pepper... or Salad Supreme... or Rooster Sauce...

I would drive a purist mad.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:05 PM   #25
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

Three hours after eating TWO fully loaded helpings of Hamburger Helper I was given an offer of a trip to Krystal's, my dad's treat. Seven Krystals w/ cheese and order of fries later I was sated.