Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Library > Story Writers Forum

Old 03-08-2017, 10:34 PM   #26
wrenchboy

wrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 club

My suggestion is for the writers not being able to write short stories.
Try to think in terms of dating. When you first start dating someone you know little to nothing about that person. You maybe have 2 or 3 dates and thats it. It just didnt work out for whatever reason. You get to know that person a little bit. And the rest is a mystery.
Alot of people prefer to read a book instead of seeing it in a movie. We naturally form images in our mind when we read. So when you add in alot of details and character development the reader is still going to add more. So it is a no win situation if your desire is to give a 100% complete story. You just can't do it!
Just my opinion. That and $1.50 will get you a large cup of coffee.
wrenchboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:40 PM   #27
StrugglingWriter

StrugglingWriter carries a lot of weight on this boardStrugglingWriter carries a lot of weight on this boardStrugglingWriter carries a lot of weight on this boardStrugglingWriter carries a lot of weight on this boardStrugglingWriter carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenchboy View Post
I have written a story that contains two plus sized female friends that meet a man. The dilema that I have been having is that what size are they. It is not a weight gain story. It is more of a romantic comedy story. They need to be of different but similar sizes, with their size clearly being an issue. The first time I wrote it the ladies were 160 and 200. Then an edit put them at 250 and 300. Then 200 and 250. And so on. I personally prefer women well over 300. But, and I apologize if I offend anyone, I want the women to be a relatable size . And yes I understand that height and body structure have alot to do with weight. I am trying to come up with a size so the reader can more accurately picture them in their mind.
I appreciate all opinions and suggestions. Thanks
by the way "second chances" is a working title
http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html#.WMD4j_nafIU

Play with some heights, weights and shapes and choose two you like.

By the way, you must drink crappy coffee...

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...d.php?t=102853
StrugglingWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:45 PM   #28
StrugglingWriter

StrugglingWriter carries a lot of weight on this boardStrugglingWriter carries a lot of weight on this boardStrugglingWriter carries a lot of weight on this boardStrugglingWriter carries a lot of weight on this boardStrugglingWriter carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemcduck View Post
I should also mention that I really suck at thinking of titles for stories. I can't even calculate how much time they've been hung up because I couldn't think of what to call it. "Stuff Bob did that day", "The story about the guy who went to the resort", "The one where they meet at the class reunion ", etc.
You didn't happen to write for Friends, did you?

Old 03-09-2017, 05:28 AM   #29
jakemcduck

jakemcduck has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrugglingWriter View Post
You didn't happen to write for Friends, did you?
lol no I didn't. Is that how they named their episodes?
jakemcduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:27 AM   #30
StrugglingWriter

Google "list of Friends episodes."

Old 03-09-2017, 09:57 AM   #31
Jake (JMJ)

Jake (JMJ) has said some nice things

Always felt there should have been an episode with Monica where a girl liked her better when she was fat.

"The One Where Monica Dates A Feeder".
Jake (JMJ) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:58 AM   #32
jakemcduck

jakemcduck has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrugglingWriter View Post
Google "list of Friends episodes."
That's hilarious! I had no idea I would been the perfect person to title their scripts.
jakemcduck is offline   Reply With Quote