Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 06-26-2009, 07:19 AM   #26
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Black/White..Fat/Skinny it makes no difference as long as you are happy in the relationship.Parents can be really mean sometimes when you pick someone they don't think is right for you.
My Daddy said if you love him its OK with me.My Mom is just the opposite nit picks every little thing.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #27
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Lizzy;

When my wife and I were very first dating, she was really worried about having me meet her Dad, for various 'how will he react to/treat my new BF who I don't want to scare off' reasons. I was fairly amused, because I didn't consider myself subject to being scared off, but I figured it was best to bite my tongue and let her work it out.

She first had me meet her mom, when her dad wasn't home. Mom liked me. Then she pretty much made it clear to Mom that we would not be visiting any time soon because she was worried that Dad would not behave well. At which point Mom made Dad understand that he would not scare me off and he would behave well and so forth.

Moms rock that way sometimes

There were never any problems between Dad and I.

I make no guarantee that the same strategy would work for you, but feel free to use it if will help at all.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:33 AM   #28
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleute View Post
Goddamn it Ed, stop saying brilliant things when I can't rep you. It's really annoying.
repped!
Old 07-07-2009, 01:52 PM   #29
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I havn't been the "fat boyfriend" to someones parents yet, but I think (hope?) it will happen some day, haha. I get the lectures from my parents though every time I see them on holidays and whatnot. Too fat to get a girl, too fat to get a good job (even though I already have a great job in my chosen career), etc etc.

I've just learned to let all that kinda stuff roll off my shoulders, it's so much easier to go through life at your own pace.
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:24 AM   #30
fat hiker

fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChaz View Post
I havn't been the "fat boyfriend" to someones parents yet, but I think (hope?) it will happen some day, haha. I get the lectures from my parents though every time I see them on holidays and whatnot. Too fat to get a girl, too fat to get a good job (even though I already have a great job in my chosen career), etc etc.

I've just learned to let all that kinda stuff roll off my shoulders, it's so much easier to go through life at your own pace.
And at your own size!

Old 07-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #31
Starsshine

Starsshine can now change their title

I havent been in this situation.
My mom and dad never gave me hell about anything I would do.
They just accepted it when I came home with a 'fat' guy or girl.
They asked me once why.. and I told them that there was just more to love.

Some parents keep forgetting, that as soon as the kids turn 18, the parents are only there to support them.
You grew up, you've got your own likes and tastes.
A good parent would accept that, knowing they raised you to be a good person, with a good mind.

If they dont, they are not worthy of your time (sounds harsh..I know)

You dont have to explain anything to them.
This is your life and your choice.

If they cant accept it, to bad.. for them.
Because I doubt your tastes will changed because of that.

try not to worry to much... its not worth it.
Starsshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:40 PM   #32
unconventional

unconventional has said some nice things

My parents have made accomodations but at the same time are still getting used to my preference. My last boyfriend was over 400lbs and they were concerned as they call it. I just describe it as saying its like a preference for dark hair over blonde ( i have that too). They have never been rude or said anything to my boyfriends in the past, they are the same as they are to everyone. I just think because my dad is a health nut and my mom is a junk food addict but they both hate being fat they dont see why i prefer it. It doesnt really matter to me what people say to me about my preference, I am quite content and comfortable with who I am and that includes my love for really really big guys!
Old 07-21-2009, 12:06 PM   #33
OneHauteMama

OneHauteMama has super-sized repOneHauteMama has super-sized repOneHauteMama has super-sized repOneHauteMama has super-sized rep

I actually just "came out" to my mom about preferring BHMs...she was kind of surprised (I guess because I'm a BBW, so she assumes I would want someone smaller than myself...but then I just feel like an Amazon lol). She wasn't unsupportive at all and said "As long as he's healthy and it's not going to cause health problems later on". But, a trim guy can have major health problems, too. I don't think she understands my preference, but she's fine with it. I don't know how my dad will react when I bring someone new to meet them (ya know...when I find someone new lol). He won't make fun or anything, I know that. And I know it doesn't matter to him one iota about size...he'll be more of a "You hurt my daughter, I'll kill you...I still owe the last guy a dirty beating..." lol.

Of both of them, I expected my mom to be the picky one...but she wasn't, so I'm glad of that. Either way, I wouldn't change my preference or be with someone who I'm not attracted to just because it's someone else's idea of what I should be with. Screw 'em. Life's too short to live it according to everyone else's opinion.
OneHauteMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:28 AM   #34
escapist
Belt Buster!

escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

This is in reply to the last few post....

Being near 500 lbs (just 7 lbs shy) I've seen parents freakout, and I've seen some be cool. Once I was with a woman who was 103 lbs and cute as a button her family made religion the bigger issue. Another was a bit tweaked that I was big but more tweaked that I'm white. In every case I know I was loved first for who I was second for being the big guy that I am. Even a 5'6" 230 lb. woman is a tiny thing to me when you consider I'm near 6'4" and 500 lbs. Not many make me look small. I'll say this it is nice to be accepted 100% though and through, and I think that's all anybody really wants. Granted it will never happen if you don't accept yourself first.