Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 01-29-2017, 06:43 AM   #1
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Super Bowl Foods?

There's just one week remaining before the Super Bowl. A lot of people, even if they are not avid football fans, enjoy a good Super Bowl party if for no other reason than the friends and food.

I'm a pretty big football fan, and I love throwing together a good meal, too. My wife and I don't invite the whole neighborhood over but we do have some close friends who've joined us the last couple years and we'll be having them over again this year.

For the main course I am going to be firing up my smoker and doing a pork shoulder. I'll probably have to start it this coming Friday night and it'll take me well into Saturday to finish it. I do mine Carolina style, with a vinegar based mop sauce that includes diced onions and jalapeņos, as well as crush red pepper, sea salt, and brown sugar. It has a nice sweet and spicy flavor to it. Then I lay bacon strips over the top of the meat. Throughout the smoking process those diced onions and jalapeņos pile up on the meat. I finish the last two or three hours in a foil pan, with any unused mop sauce and wrapped in foil on top. The result is when you pull the meat apart you get small bacon chunks as well as onions and jalapeņos mixed in nicely with the meat.

As a side, I'll be doing stuffed jalapeņos. Slice the stems off, then cut the pepper in half, down the length. Remove the white membrane and seeds to make room for the filling. The filling is cream cheese, shredded chicken breast (usually I just buy it canned) garlic powder and Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. Typically 1 8 oz can, 1 1/2 blocks of cream cheese are enough for 20 or so peppers but this depends on the size of the peppers themselves so this isn't an exact science. Mix in the BBQ sauce and garlic until you achieve the taste you like. Stir until it's evenly mixed. Then take thick bacon strips, cutting them to the approximate lengths of your peppers and lay them on top of the filling. Smoke ~50 minutes over apple wood (I use apple exclusively!) or until your bacon is done to your liking. If you're worried about these being too spicy, fear not. When you remove the white membrane and seeds you remove most of the spiciness.

Another side I may do is grilled okra. This is a breeze: just pour olive oil on the okra pods and shake until evenly coated. Then grind pepper and sea salt and stir until evenly distributed. Use a veggie tray for grilling be sure to stir every few minutes. You want the edges of the okra pods to be charred, but not burnt. Larger pods need to grill longer.

I may be able to convince my wife to make mac-n-cheese (real stuff, not out of the box) as well.

As you can see, even though we're not from the south we're doing it southern BBQ style this year. I guess that means we'll be pulling for Atlanta in this year's game.

What are you planning on dialing up for the big game?
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 03:50 PM   #2
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

0I don't "do" superbowl so my fiance goes to his family home and watches it with them.
However, I enjoy making him something to enjoy on the big day
This year will be pizza dip (cream cheese, Italian seasonings, pepperoni, pizza sauce and parmesan cheese nuked for six minutes- soo good!)
Also making brownies with chocolate icing to send over there. He says his family is excited

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 07:37 PM   #3
happily_married

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Am I the only sports fan here?
Old 02-01-2017, 05:29 PM   #4
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I should be offended that you didn't take the opportunity to tell me how awesome I am for making brownies for my guy even though I'm not sporty....

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
Old 02-01-2017, 05:29 PM   #5
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

I mean like....did you catch the word FROSTING with the word brownies?

Old 02-01-2017, 05:30 PM   #6
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

I was even thinking about tossing in some walnuts to the brownie mix....perhaps sprinkle a few on top?

Old 02-01-2017, 05:31 PM   #7
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Oh and I forgot to mention that the pizza dip is served with pita chips.

Old 02-01-2017, 05:32 PM   #8
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

I did debate on making him sausage dip instead....

Old 02-01-2017, 05:32 PM   #9
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Many posts in one thread = win

Old 02-02-2017, 06:06 PM   #10
happily_married

GEF...I suck. I'm an awful conversationalist! I will take a few minutes to pause and reflect on the error of my ways.

And I hope your man loves those brownies!
Old 02-02-2017, 06:51 PM   #11
DianaSSBBW

DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I thing we are ordering Peroegi Pizza.

it is a Pizza with onions, cheese and actually has mashed potatoes on it!
DianaSSBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:47 PM   #12
happily_married

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaSSBBW View Post

A good peroegi is a beautiful thing! We have a couple places in my area that serve them up nicely. But I've never had it as a pizza!
Old 02-03-2017, 06:06 AM   #13
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaSSBBW View Post

I perceive that as being a big no-go here in the south....but personally anything that involves potatoes and bread seems like a win/win to me