Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 02-15-2017, 03:26 PM   #8076
Leem
Leem

Leem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions community

The spoon is beautiful. I bet it was fun to make.
Leem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 07:28 PM   #8077
kinkykitten
FFA-Property of Von_Pudge

kinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging in

That my hubby is not at work on nights and I get to fall asleep cuddling his belly
kinkykitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 01:51 PM   #8078
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Just recalling an interview with Roberta Bondar from last night. I fucking love Roberta Bondar. Maybe this belongs in the random facts thread.
Old 02-18-2017, 12:59 PM   #8079
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Today I am so genuinely happy. As someone who has struggled with depression, anxiety, and PTSD I treasure these days and it blows my mind that I can be this happy.

I went to a drag and burlesque show with my fiancÚ and some of my coworkers last night, had a delicious brunch in perfect weatherboard morning and now I'm going to go look at a wedding venue.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:09 PM   #8080
LumpySmile

LumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumbling View Post
Today, while walking the dog, I dragged home a branch from the cut brush by the canal.

Then i carved my first spoon.

Very cool! How long did it take? Did you use power tools? I tried woodcarving as a kid and never made anything but scars!

And Lille: I am truly happy for you feeling happy today! Sometimes you just don't need any particular reason Semms like you got a great combination. Glad you got a chance to feel that
LumpySmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 07:53 PM   #8081
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Drinking Vodka Sodas and eating M&M's while chatting with friends on computer and in text. Life is pretty good at the moment.
LeoGibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:56 PM   #8082
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Happy "second saturday" to my fellow federally regulated industry canadians!
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:21 AM   #8083
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Prince on Spotify!!!!!
Prince on Spotify!!!!!
Old 02-19-2017, 08:15 PM   #8084
Crumbling
Distilled Evil

Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpySmile View Post
Very cool! How long did it take? Did you use power tools? I tried woodcarving as a kid and never made anything but scars!
A couple of hours work, no power. The branch was probably cut with a chainsaw... i pulled it out of cut brush/trees beside the canal.

What i brought home was ~6 feet long so theres a few spoons and maybe a pipe bowl or two in there too. I took an 8 inch length off with a handsaw and split it in two (i really need to change the set of the teeth so it will make a cleaner rip cut)

Most of the shaping was done with a pocket knife, i used a small carving gouge to shape the bowl, then sandpaper and a little mineral oil to finish.

I made a spreader with the other half of the stick.

Old 02-20-2017, 05:40 PM   #8085
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leem View Post
Who is your favorite author? I am always on the look out for a good read.

I always clear some time to read when a book is published by one of my favorite authors.
Well let me preface before answering.

In writing here I've realized there is only so many ways the stories can go; almost all have to have a romantic or at least physical element. And so, I looked at the only genre that I feel is pigeonholed similarly - romance.

Kresley Cole's series, although perhaps not the most elegantly written, is earthy, their characters are relatable, and every book contributes to an overarching plot. Yes, it's vampires and demons, but each species has a kicker which adds to the plot.

I read another series recently by Christine Feehan and although better written, every character was basically identical. And no matter what the characters had faced, every single facet of their personality was stripped away by a plot ploy. Didn't matter if she was raped as a kid (it was so sanitized and vague it wasn't real), the minute a specific event occured everything about her 'healed' and she had no issues. It was so formulaic that reading 8 books back to back made it incredibly obvious the plot was pre-formulated. They would meet their partner on page X. The bad guys would come on page Y. Then they would be mated by page Z. I was skimming by the end, desperate to get through it.

But these characters of Cole's were peripherals in her other stories, and I am gleeful to see where their own story goes.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:29 AM   #8086
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leem View Post
Who is your favorite author? I am always on the look out for a good read.

I always clear some time to read when a book is published by one of my favorite authors.
My favorite author would be a terribly difficult question to answer - because it depends on mood and inclination.

I always have running list of the "10 authors I would take to a desert island".

One of them is lately being re-discovered. For one because his writings about the crisis in the world from the 1920's-&-30's reflects many of todays political concerns. And also because the day after tomorrow is the 75th return of his suicide in Brazil, after fleeing from the Nazis. Austrian author

Stefan Zweig

Now I don't know how the translations into English are, but his original German is beautiful to read.

Being a scholar of Freud's he does very interesting psychological analysis of his characters, also of his female protagonists - a rarity in his times.
Especially his writing on actual historic events and protagonists is really good and insightful.

Where to start:

"Decisive Moments in History - 12 Historical Miniatures"
(a very fun read which gives an overview of partially amusing incidents that shaped world history)

"The World of Yesterday" and "Messages from a Lost World - Europe on the Brink" -
the ones currently most covered as they show the deline of Europe and the world between 1900-1930

"Mary Stuart" and "Marie Antoinette - Portrait of an average woman" -
wonderful analysis of the personalities of 2 queens.

He wrote a lot more - but you asked for favorites...
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 02:56 PM   #8087
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Having two cats and not two dogs. I was able to eat my McDonald's in peace, no beggers looking for fries or a bite of my cheeseburger.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:24 PM   #8088
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Here's something else to make you happy: you don't live with rabbits, either. At mealtime, they make dogs look positively reticent. My rabbit Buzzie (short for Beelzebub) not only scratches at my trouser leg, but has been known to nip my ankles if I don't share my toast with him (and it had better be buttered, too).
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 04:13 AM   #8089
Anjula
miss wonderfulamazing

Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've just realized that I have the best boyfriend ever. Since I'm gone for the week I won't be able to have sex with him obviously. So he handed me a bag yesterday at the station and I haven't had a chance to open it yet. Guess what's inside? My Lelo ❤❤❤ not only he knows I'm a horny teen, he also knows that my lelo is my fav lover and he's ok with that.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:49 AM   #8090
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Only problem with the lelo was that awesome space age texture was irrisistable to my dogs...sigh...
Old 02-24-2017, 02:39 PM   #8091
Anjula
miss wonderfulamazing

Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
Only problem with the lelo was that awesome space age texture was irrisistable to my dogs...sigh...
Ouch......
Old 02-24-2017, 08:32 PM   #8092
rabbitislove
24 Carrot Magic

rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Going to the bear bar tonight. I figured you guys would appreciate my shirt. Please forgive the horribly sized picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170224_203007.jpg (163.3 KB, 117 views)
Old 02-24-2017, 08:37 PM   #8093
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitislove View Post
Going to the bear bar tonight. I figured you guys would appreciate my shirt. Please forgive the horribly sized picture.
Looking good, have fun!
Old 03-03-2017, 12:58 PM   #8094
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

One of my work friends who used to work as an event planner is going to be my day of coordinator for my wedding. I am incredibly anxious person and it makes me feel so much better knowing that I have someone I know already and know I can trust handling things on my big day.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 04:43 PM   #8095
DianaSSBBW

DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitislove View Post
Great Shirt!
DianaSSBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:37 PM   #8096
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Vicodin.

(See Unhappy thread for reason for having them)
LeoGibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:59 AM   #8097
LumpySmile

LumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticed

I put my own socks on today!!

I know that sounds idiotic, but I really hurt my back Sunday and I couldn't dress myself yesterday. I felt humiliated having to ask for help to put on my socks and shoes because I've always been so independent...

You never realize how many simple acts of movement you take for granted until you can't do those things due to pain....
LumpySmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 02:49 PM   #8098
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Yay drugs!

And yay socks...i've been there!
Old 03-08-2017, 07:18 PM   #8099
Leem
Leem

Leem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Happy to be getting good sleep for the past year or so, it has made a big difference in my life. Funnily enough I was going to use the word huge or "yuge " but just couldn't
Leem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:47 AM   #8100
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Bit of a mixed one. My director (and direct manager) is leaving the company in two weeks. I really don’t blame him; our VP hired him as a Director, but treated him more like a staff engineer. (no fault of my direct boss, it is just the nature of our VP to delegate and communicate sparingly).

Mostly I’m happy: happy for my boss (he’s a nice guy, wasn’t happy with the situation here, and is excited about where he is going), and happy that it probably gives me more job security here (there isn’t a ton of QA work to do at the moment tbh, but still we need someone in this are). And for that matter hopefully he'd provide a decent job reference if I look at leaving or get laid off if things fall apart here.

But it is also a bit sad because, as I said, my boss is a nice guy. He's also very knowledgeable and quite patient, and I’ll miss him. It is also a reflection of the fact that the company I’m at is quite openly trying to sell itself, and nobody knows what that will mean for anyone here (or if we’ll manage to do so, and what happens if we don’t), and in that way it is an unpleasant reminder of the uncertainties.

Tags
anal warts, happy, opera bhm