Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 03-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #1
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Sartorial colours

This is something I've been thinking about recently.

Do you regularly wear your favourite colour? Does it suit you?
Old 03-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Blue, blue, blue .... my entire warderobe consists only of items that have a tinge of blue-tone in them .... from baby to navy blue, from lilac/mauve to purple or burgundy, from turquoise to teal .... and gray instead of black or brown as mute staple.

And I'm vain enough to think it suits me. Nobody has ever said otherwise - and I get the most compliments when wearing a very dusty jeans blue.

Oh - and I love doing color consulting for others! I guess color fetishism is a bit of a hobby horse of mine.

You asked one of these questions Sassy that can make me go on forever!

Last edited by agouderia; 03-18-2013 at 01:44 PM.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #3
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

I think I manage to wear my favorite color least. Not on purpose. I just don't shop according to color and I guess I don't encounter it that much. Plus I'm pale enough that most colors seem to work.

So...why exactly has this specific topic been on your mind?
Amaranthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #4
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I also wear lots of blue. Thats about all I have to say on the subject, honestly. I like blue and it looks good on me. Yup.
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:52 PM   #5
Shinobi_Hime-Sama
Found Mr. Right...I hope.

Shinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized rep

I have very few coloured clothing; I had to buy nothing but black and white while working at Wal-Mart because it was the dress code. I wouldn't know what colour to wear for my complexion.
Shinobi_Hime-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #6
opheliaswims

opheliaswims can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesopheliaswims can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I wear a lot of my favorite color, green. As a redhead with a fair complexion, it works well for me.

But overall, I just wear a bunch of colors, period. I'm a big vintage clothes girl--I have tons of vintage dresses in tons of colors. You will recognize me by the sheer brightness of my outfit.
opheliaswims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #7
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agouderia
You asked one of these questions Sassy that can make me go on forever!
Glad to have found something you enjoy talking about!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamaface
So...why exactly has this specific topic been on your mind?
Just thinking about my colour scheme. It's grey, black, blue and red. Of course, on a tight budget and at such a size, it's a bit harder finding specific colours.... but just thinking whether I could pull off purple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliaswims
I wear a lot of my favorite color, green. As a redhead with a fair complexion, it works well for me.

But overall, I just wear a bunch of colors, period. I'm a big vintage clothes girl--I have tons of vintage dresses in tons of colors. You will recognize me by the sheer brightness of my outfit.
Green works for you? Let's have a look?

Last edited by Sasquatch!; 03-18-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Sasquatch! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #8
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliaswims View Post

I am derailing a little bit. I just noticed you are from Louisiana. Well, at least you live there currently. I recently moved up here to California from the south and I made some folks a pot of classic red beans and rice with corn bread and big pot of mustard greens and bacon.

I am extremely, EXTREMELY, sad to say that they did not find the appeal of classic red beans and rice. At first I thought maybe I messed it up, but nope, it tasted amazing and was as good and delicious as ever.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #9
opheliaswims

opheliaswims can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesopheliaswims can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch! View Post

Green works for you? Let's have a look?
It does--I always feel pretty in green.

Of course, as I scroll through the pics on my computer, I'm not seeing any where I'm actually wearing green. Can I interest you in another shade?
Old 03-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #10
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Quote:

Of course, as I scroll through the pics on my computer, I'm not seeing any where I'm actually wearing green. Can I interest you in another shade?
Something earthy!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #11
Mordecai
The fire is coming for us

Mordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging in

Most colors work for me, but usually they have to be either darker or very light since my skin tone is tanned.
Mordecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:26 PM   #12
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

Quote:

I would suggest sampling a wide variety of shades for us, and we will make some snap decisions.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #13
opheliaswims

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChaz View Post
I am derailing a little bit. I just noticed you are from Louisiana. Well, at least you live there currently. I recently moved up here to California from the south and I made some folks a pot of classic red beans and rice with corn bread and big pot of mustard greens and bacon.

I am extremely, EXTREMELY, sad to say that they did not find the appeal of classic red beans and rice. At first I thought maybe I messed it up, but nope, it tasted amazing and was as good and delicious as ever.
Those ingrates! I moved to Louisiana from the Midwest three years ago, and although I do sometimes complain about my current home, the food is the best. Ever. EVER. It's crawfish season right now. Glorious, glorious crawfish boils.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #14
opheliaswims

Since y'all asked so nicely, and I have nothing better to do--here you go!

I give you--me in blue. Hold tight, red is coming up next.

(Even more important than the dress, let's take a moment to look at that ice cream cone. Pumpkin! So awesome.)
Old 03-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #15
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

(Even more important than the dress, let's take a moment to look at that ice cream cone. Pumpkin! So awesome.)
It appears that the ice cream cone itself matches your dress. That's some impressive coordination
Amaranthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #16
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Quote:

Ooh, I like your hair!

I can't say I've ever heard of pumpkin ice cream.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #17
opheliaswims

And there is red.

And here is stripes--mostly just because I love that my dog is in this one and I thought y'all needed to see it.

Okay, done shamelessly clogging up the thread with pics.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #18
opheliaswims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
It appears that the ice cream cone itself matches your dress. That's some impressive coordination
Haha, that was a happy accident, but I'll take the coordination credit.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #19
opheliaswims

Quote:
Ooh, I like your hair!

I can't say I've ever heard of pumpkin ice cream.
Thank you! Pumpkin ice cream is pretty fan-freaking-tastic. It's not fall without pumpkin ice cream.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #20
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

I'm getting annoyed at how all the women on this section of the forum are ridiculously cute. Curse you internet, for putting all of these wonderful things in front of me yet making them so hard to find in real life.

Also, that blue dress with the dots is super awesome.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #21
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swims
And here is stripes--mostly just because I love that my dog is in this one and I thought y'all needed to see it. (and something about ice cream)
I think the stripes one looks great. Minus the dog of course.

Ice cream especially for autumn? Heresy!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #22
opheliaswims

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChaz View Post
I'm getting annoyed at how all the women on this section of the forum are ridiculously cute. Curse you internet, for putting all of these wonderful things in front of me yet making them so hard to find in real life.

Also, that blue dress with the dots is super awesome.
That, sir, is a two-way street. Do you know how hard it is to get a big guy's attention?

It's really hard. I'm just sayin'.

And thanks--that dress is one of my favorites.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:48 PM   #23
opheliaswims

Quote:
I think the stripes one looks great. Minus the dog of course.

Ice cream especially for autumn? Heresy!
Aw, the dog is the accessory that makes this outfit!

See, that's why pumpkin ice cream is so genius. It extends ice cream season my several months, and it tastes like heaven.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #24
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Quote:
Aw, the dog is the accessory that makes this outfit!

See, that's why pumpkin ice cream is so genius. It extends ice cream season my several months, and it tastes like heaven.
Surely it tastes like *pumpkin*

Here's the cue for someone to post themselves wearing orange.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #25
Mordecai
The fire is coming for us

Mordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging in

The ink on your left arm distracted me!
Mordecai is offline   Reply With Quote