Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Main Dimensions Board

View Poll Results: Do you think DIMS should have an FA board?
yes 98 54.14%
no 61 33.70%
maybe so 22 12.15%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2009, 03:14 AM   #1
kayrae
doot doot doot

kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Do you think DIMS should have an FA board?

I've been closely watching the Closeted FAs thread as well as the Ambivalence as an [un]closeted FA thread. Seems like there's a bit of clamor for an FA board. I wasn't around when this topic was discussed before and would genuinely like to hear the opposing viewpoints.
kayrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:02 AM   #2
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

Maybe there is a need for one now? I dunno, but Dimensions itself caters to the FA....so it might be a bit redundant to have an FA board.

Although my other half would disagree with me...a lot.
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:12 AM   #3
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

What would an Fa board achieve?
I'm kinna in two minds about the idea..
Old 02-26-2009, 05:17 AM   #4
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Maybe the men want to have a space where they can discuss all things FA, without feeling like they are going to get cut down by a few women here that are very tough on them.

Not popular, but just a thought.

I don't mind if they have an FA board, it would be good for us to have an equivalent board also.

Somehow I don't think Conrad wants a million boards though, even though he has been very accommodating recently with the addition of a few new boards.

Last edited by Shosh; 02-26-2009 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Typo
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:23 AM   #5
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susannah View Post
Maybe the men want to have a space where they can discuss all things FA, without feeling like they are going to get cut down by a few women here that are very tough on them.

Not popular, but just a thought.

I don't mind if they have an FA board, it would be good for us to have an equivalent board also.

Somehow I don't think Conrad wants a million boards though, even though he has been very accommodating recently with the addition of a few new boards.
Aren't the weight board and the fat sexuality board in effect FA boards?
Old 02-26-2009, 05:24 AM   #6
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellySSBBW View Post
Aren't the weight board and the fat sexuality board in effect FA boards?
I am not sure. A BBW board would be good though.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:29 AM   #7
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

Quote:
I am not sure. A BBW board would be good though.
But what would be discussed in the BBW board that isn't discussed in the Health board and the clothes board? I know I am over generalising on both accounts....but if we aren't careful we are going to have boards coming out of our asses and I think it could be very divisive as a community.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:31 AM   #8
Shosh
Susannah

Quote:
But what would be discussed in the BBW board that isn't discussed in the Health board and the clothes board? I know I am over generalising on both accounts....but if we aren't careful we are going to have boards coming out of our asses and I think it could be very divisive as a community.
You are quite right. As I said I doubt Conrad would go for it anyway.

I just want what the guys might get.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:32 AM   #9
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Firstly, its not just men who are Fa's. There are plenty FFA's too who i assume would be using this board too. Its funny you never hear mention of men cutting down ffa's so maby its actually a gender issue. In which case why not just have seperate boards for men and women..when will it end? Would fat non Fa's be allowed to post in Fa boards but keep thoughts that might hurt the feelings of Fa's to themselves?
How would this work? hmmm
Old 02-26-2009, 05:36 AM   #10
mergirl

Quote:
I agree, even though your statements were kinna sweeping there.
In saying that, the fact that there is an lgbt board doesnt stop me from posting elsewhere and it also doesnt stop anyone from posting in the lgbt board.. I feel it would make no difference if we had more forums, it would just mean more places with different rules to get confused about..and like you said it might be divisive.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:36 AM   #11
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

Quote:
You are quite right. As I said I doubt Conrad would go for it anyway.

I just want what the guys might get.
I think Conrad is a sensible man. The FA board thing has been brought up before, and I am sure it will be brought up again.

LOL. I don't think the guys will get an FA board. What on earth could they possibly talk about? LOL. Stan and Mike were on the fighting front the last time it came up. It was shot down then for good reasons. Conrad knows what he is doing
Old 02-26-2009, 05:36 AM   #12
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
I agree, even though your statements were kinna sweeping there.
In saying that, the fact that there is an lgbt board doesnt stop me from posting elsewhere and it also doesnt stop anyone from posting in the lgbt board.. I feel it would make no difference if we had more forums, it would just mean more places with different rules to get confused about..and like you said it might be divisive.
I am the QUEEN of sweeping statements. lol. It takes too much effort to be PC all of the time.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:39 AM   #13
_overture
Throbbing Member

_overture carries a lot of weight on this board_overture carries a lot of weight on this board_overture carries a lot of weight on this board_overture carries a lot of weight on this board_overture carries a lot of weight on this board

you know, I would imagine that an "FA board" would soon enough turn into a generic Men's club. there seems to be plenty of places around here to talk about everything and anything anyway!
_overture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:41 AM   #14
Shosh
Susannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by _overture View Post
you know, I would imagine that an "FA board" would soon enough turn into a generic Men's club. there seems to be plenty of places around here to talk about everything and anything anyway!
You also make a good point.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:43 AM   #15
mergirl

Quote:
I am the QUEEN of sweeping statements. lol. It takes too much effort to be PC all of the time.
haha.. in which case all the bbws should have their own wee forum where they talk about nails and hair and recipies and the Manly Fa's should have their saloon where they spit into a bucket and talk about beer, football and fat chicks.
I would kinna like to be involved in both..well not the spitting and i'm not really all that interested in hair or nails either.. But recipies and fat chick chat sounds great! But hold on a second...maby i could just go have a look at the foodee board or like the whole of dimensions, last time i looked there was a LOT of fat chick talk!! lmao
Old 02-26-2009, 05:45 AM   #16
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

Quote:
haha.. in which case all the bbws should have their own wee forum where they talk about nails and hair and recipies and the Manly Fa's should have their saloon where they spit into a bucket and talk about beer, football and fat chicks.
I would kinna like to be involved in both..well not the spitting and i'm not really all that interested in hair or nails either.. But recipies and fat chick chat sounds great! But hold on a second...maby i could just go have a look at the foodee board or like the whole of dimensions, last time i looked there was a LOT of fat chick talk!! lmao
Exactly, lol. I would be jealous if Mike could oogle fat chicks without me!
Old 02-26-2009, 06:02 AM   #17
NancyGirl74

NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I dunno. I'm torn...

I was talking to a guy in chat the other day who was thrilled to have found Dims. He went on and on about how he can be himself here and isn't it great that people won't belittle his preference for big women and by golly he doesn't have to be embarrasses. And I agree...and yet I kept going back to this nasty little thought that was running 'round in my brain, 'Gee, I'm so sorry it sucked so bad admitting you like fat girls. Try BEING a fat girl. Try BEING a fat girl listening to you drone on about how tough it is for you to own up to liking fat girls." So, while I get what he was saying, I get it, understand it, and appreciate it...I was still hurt by it. I don't know if this makes sense but there you have it.

Anyway, maybe because I have those thoughts in my head when FAs talk about how tough it is to be an FA, it is a good reason to have a board specific to FA issues just for FAs. While I don't think FAs have things as rough as BBWs, perhaps we shouldn't even be comparing the two situations. They are as separate as they are connected. Again I say...I dunno.

On the other hand, I totally agree with people who say Dims IS an FA board. It's made by an FA with FAs in mind, a place for them to go to express their appreciation of BBWs/SSBBWs. Isn't it kind of ungracious for FAs to ask for a specific forum when the whole darn thing is for them?

I don't know if he will at some point but I'd love to hear Conrad's point of view on this topic.
NancyGirl74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:25 AM   #18
Tooz
sweet chocolate christ

Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyGirl74 View Post
Dims IS an FA board. It's made by an FA with FAs in mind, a place for them to go to express their appreciation of BBWs/SSBBWs. Isn't it kind of ungracious for FAs to ask for a specific forum when the whole darn thing is for them?
Exactly. I will be very angry if a "Let's Coddle FAs" board is born.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:36 AM   #19
wrestlingguy
"Bitter Old Man"

wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't need one.

I got here a long time ago, and remember only a small handful of boards where basically everything was discussed.

As time went on, we added boards ad infinitum, and I can barely get to all of them anymore. Part of the reason some of the boards were created was because some people felt they needed to discuss topics without being judged by others.

So, I suppose that we didn't need that when I got here 10 + years ago, and somehow that need has been manifested today. Could it be because people have become more judgmental over the years?

My wife is part of the SSBBW board. She shares none of that with me, although there are probably things discussed in there that I would read with great interest if they were posted in a regular forum. That stratification causes me to miss out on topics that I would truly be interested in.

I think a FA board would do the same. Forget the "mens club" mentality, especially if the intent of the board is to discuss FA "issues". I am sure that whoever would moderate the board would insist that that standard be kept. (although I have to say that I would be interested in moderating that board, regardless of whether I think it should exist or not)

So, we are still men & women here. Can we forget the Venus/Mars syndrome, and allow everyone to actually talk with each other------together?
Old 02-26-2009, 06:38 AM   #20
mergirl

Most Fa's dont need coddled anyway.I am Certain there is no need. To be honest, if there was an Fa board with that as part of the agenda i'm not sure i would want the job of coddling the ones that needed it either.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:40 AM   #21
BothGunsBlazing
Back...ish

BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm torn about it. I can understand why some people want to discuss their inner conflict and what not without being "attacked" but yeah, I recall when I first entered this community and how much I was confused about who I was and my preference and being open and honest about myself and true to myself and I was eventually met with what was basically the equivalent of a gigantic slap upside the head.

I'll always be grateful for that.

I fear that an FA forum would remove the possibility of others being slapped upside the head in such a way.

Fact is, this inner conflict? Yeah, not really that big of a deal and I know this first hand and I know how many people feel hurt by this sort of view and I think many fat women/men are frustrated that they're being made to feel like it's so difficult just for some one to be attracted to them and OK with it. Like, is it really so hard that there is a need for a forum just to talk about it?

Last edited by BothGunsBlazing; 02-26-2009 at 06:48 AM.
BothGunsBlazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:41 AM   #22
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingguy View Post
My wife is part of the SSBBW board. She shares none of that with me, although there are probably things discussed in there that I would read with great interest if they were posted in a regular forum. That stratification causes me to miss out on topics that I would truly be interested in.
If by 'interested in' you mean 'have a wank over' i think that is point in hand (scuse the pun) for the very real need to have a private ssbbw forum.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:49 AM   #23
wrestlingguy
"Bitter Old Man"

wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
If by 'interested in' you mean 'have a wank over' i think that is point in hand (scuse the pun) for the very real need to have a private ssbbw forum.
Ouch! Do I look or sound like a wanker to you???
Old 02-26-2009, 06:56 AM   #24
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yes, and it should be private. I personnally am tired of seeing FA's (men in particular) voicing their opinions only to be ripped to shredds for it. So yeah, let them have one.
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:57 AM   #25
Tooz
sweet chocolate christ

Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingguy View Post
Me too, me too. That's a topic for another time, though.