Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 05-02-2007, 08:55 AM   #1
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Arrow Iron Foodee Challenge for May 2007

Wow, it's harder than I thought to come up with the ingredient....so many choices! But, after a couple cocktails and much deliberation, the new ingredient is........EGGS!

I will qualify this by saying it should be a dish in which eggs are featured, or a main component. Which is to say, something like a cake, or a meatloaf (where it's just used as a binder) is not what I'm going for. If that's too confusing, just let me know, and I'll go with a different ingredient.

Ladies and Gentlemen...start your Cuisinarts!
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:18 AM   #2
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lypeaches View Post
Wow, it's harder than I thought to come up with the ingredient....so many choices! But, after a couple cocktails and much deliberation, the new ingredient is........EGGS!
Awesome choice! I am a bit biased as I adore the incredible edible egg...can't wait to find something new.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:44 AM   #3
Cat
Gone baby gone

Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Oooh...I'm definitely going to have to participate this month. Our chickens are over-producing eggs these days. I've got about 6 dozen in the fridge ready to rumble!
Old 05-02-2007, 04:51 PM   #4
BBW Betty
Made My Saving Throw

BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Quiche (sort of)

2 cooked bratwursts
6- 8 eggs
1/2 large onion, chopped
1/2 green pepper chopped
1 small can mushrooms
shredded cheddar cheese

Spray bottom of a glass 9 x 13 pan
chop up brats and spread over bottom of pan. beat eggs, mix in onion, pepper and mushrooms, and pour over brats. sprinkle cheese on top. Bake at 350 until done (25-30 minutes).

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi
BBW Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:04 PM   #5
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oh My! I better get my entry in soon before someonelse does it!
Old 05-05-2007, 04:33 PM   #6
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Hawaiian Bread Strata

Hawaiian Bread Strata

1 lb. pork sausage (Jimmy Dean)
Hawaiian sweet bread, cubed (enough to cover 7" by 11" pan)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
6 eggs
2 cups milk
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Crumble sausage and cook in non-stick skillet; drain fat
Layer in order--bread, sausage and cheese in lightly greased 7x11 pan
Whisk together eggs, milk, salt , dry mustard and nutmeg; pour over bread,
sausage and cheese mixture
Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight
Remove from fridge at least 30 minutes before baking
Heat oven to 325 and bake about 45 minutes. Cover and bake additional 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
ValentineBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:32 PM   #7
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValentineBBW View Post
Hawaiian Bread Strata

1 lb. pork sausage (Jimmy Dean)
Hawaiian sweet bread, cubed (enough to cover 7" by 11" pan)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
6 eggs
2 cups milk
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Crumble sausage and cook in non-stick skillet; drain fat
Layer in order--bread, sausage and cheese in lightly greased 7x11 pan
Whisk together eggs, milk, salt , dry mustard and nutmeg; pour over bread,
sausage and cheese mixture
Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight
Remove from fridge at least 30 minutes before baking
Heat oven to 325 and bake about 45 minutes. Cover and bake additional 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Sounds good!! What is Hawaiian sweet bread and where does one find it?
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 06:56 PM   #8
mybluice

mybluice does more than just post hot picsmybluice does more than just post hot picsmybluice does more than just post hot picsmybluice does more than just post hot pics
Default My entry

Eggs Mornay:
8 hard boiled eggs
Fresh mushrooms; cooked and finely chopped
4 tablespoons soft butter
4 tablespoons mornay sauce
Grated parmesan cheese

Halve 8 hard boiled eggs length-wise. Remove yolks (put in bowl to mash). Set aside whites. Mash yolks until finely chopped. Mix yolks with an equal amount of cooked/chopped mushrooms, butter and mornay sauce. Fill egg whites with mixture, mounding it high. Spread a layer of mornay sauce in bottom of casserole pan. Arrange eggs in sauce. Coat with more sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake in 350 degree oven until warmed.

Mornay sauce:
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup white pepper
2 cups hot milk
4 tablespoons swiss cheese
4 tablespoons parmesan cheese

Cook until thickened.

This is traditionaly our Christmas morning breakfast. I only make it that day. I don't have any pics to share. Hope that I can still enter the contest sans pic.
mybluice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:02 AM   #9
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't know if this should count as an entry since it's a lot like Valentine's, but there are some differences and it's what I intended to enter anyway so here goes.

We always had this for Christmas breakfast since it could bake while everyone opened presents and the grown ups got thier caffeine fix. It makes a big pan full so is always good when you have overnight guests. My Mom just called it...

Breakfast Junk

1 large loaf French bread, sliced and diced into cubes (it helps if you start with presliced bread, I'd love to try it with challah sometime)
2 lbs sausage, browned (well broken up), or 2-3 cups cubed ham
2-3 cups shredded cheddar (or I've used Swiss with the ham)
12 eggs, beaten
3 cups milk and 3/4 cup milk next morning
3 Tbsp dried minced onion
1 tsp dry mustard
1 can mushroom soup.

Give a large baking pan (mine is 11x14) a shot of cooking spray. Put in half the cubed bread. Layer the meat on top of bread and sprinkle with half the cheese. Layer on the rest of the bread and cheese and sprinkle the onion over the top. Beat the dozen eggs and the dry mustard with 3 cups of milk and pour over the top of the bread. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. In the morning mix the can of soup and 3/4 cup of milk and pour over top before placing in a 325 oven for 1 hours. You may need to cover it with foil the last 15-20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

I'll post pics after it comes out of the oven this afternoon.

One of these days when I have turkey I'm going to try this with stuffing I've pre-moistened with broth and Havarti cheese in place of the cheddar. Then I'll skip the soup part and put gravy on the table to spoon over it when it's served.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:30 AM   #10
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
Sounds good!! What is Hawaiian sweet bread and where does one find it?

I found mine at my local Walmart, back in the deli. The brand is King's Hawaiian. It comes in a round loaf and is super soft and just a little bit sweet. I bread and found this is a new addiction. If you love bread, I hope you can find this in your area.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:43 AM   #11
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

Betty: Your quiche sounds very good. I love brats and love eggs. I think I'll be making this yet this week, i believe I have some brats in the freezer.

Blu: Your recipe intrigues me the most. I don't believe I've ever had anything like this before. About how long does it take to heat the eggs?

Friday: Your recipe sounds very good, I like the addition of the cream of mushroom soup. I've never had a strata like that, but it makes sense.

Good job ladies, I believe I have my meals planned for most of the week....except I have to shopping for more eggs
Old 05-06-2007, 03:45 PM   #12
mybluice

mybluice does more than just post hot picsmybluice does more than just post hot picsmybluice does more than just post hot picsmybluice does more than just post hot pics

I assemble mine the day before and refrigerate. I put it in the oven before we start opening presents with the foil over it. I would say about 25 minutes or so. You really just want them to heat through.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:16 PM   #13
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!

Pictures of the Breakfast Junk.

Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:24 PM   #14
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

OMG, Friday, that looks fabulicious!

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:25 PM   #15
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

Bacon and Eggs Pasta (simple and delicious)

1 pound pasta
4 eggs
half a pound of bacon.
Garlin and basil to taste

Cook the bacon first as crispy as you like. Let cool on paper towel.

Cook pasta as per instructions on box.

Drain pasta put it back in the same hot pot.
Place back on stove.
Scramble eggs in a dish.
While stirring the pasta slowly pour the eggs into the hot pasta.
Keep stirring until all the eggs look cooked. (You can use a very low flame if you need to)

Then put basil (fresh or dry) to taste and garlic powder to taste. Black pepper and salt to taste (I like a lot of black pepper)

(Optional - red pepper flakes)

Sprinkle some olive oil on top of pasta - crumble bacon on top - mix and serve hot with grated cheese!!!!

YUMMY
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:40 PM   #16
mybluice

My entry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eggs Mornay:
8 hard boiled eggs
Fresh mushrooms; cooked and finely chopped
4 tablespoons soft butter
4 tablespoons mornay sauce
Grated parmesan cheese

Halve 8 hard boiled eggs length-wise. Remove yolks (put in bowl to mash). Set aside whites. Mash yolks until finely chopped. Mix yolks with an equal amount of cooked/chopped mushrooms, butter and mornay sauce. Fill egg whites with mixture, mounding it high. Spread a layer of mornay sauce in bottom of casserole pan. Arrange eggs in sauce. Coat with more sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake in 350 degree oven until warmed.

Mornay sauce:
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup white pepper
2 cups hot milk
4 tablespoons swiss cheese
4 tablespoons parmesan cheese

Cook until thickened.

This is traditionaly our Christmas morning breakfast. I only make it that day. I don't have any pics to share. Hope that I can still enter the contest sans pic.

I ended up making a small pan here are the pics......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hot out of the oven1.jpg (22.0 KB, 209 views)
Old 05-09-2007, 07:41 AM   #17
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Wow...these all look and sound delicious, love those breakfast casserole concoctions, but Mybluice, yours has me the most intrigued so far...points for uniqueness!
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:59 PM   #18
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default German Pancakes

(from the Fuzzy Family Cookbook)

8 eggs, beaten
1 cup sifted flour
1 cup milk
1/2 cube butter

Put metal cake pan (or Pyrex glass) in oven at 400 for 7 minutes. While it is heating, mix ingredients except butter. After seven minutes, put butter in pan and heat until butter is melted, don't let it burn. (Preheating the butter makes the cake rise higher)

Pour ingredients on hot pan (like cake batter) and bake for 20 minutes. The sides will get very high and curl at the edges.

Serves 4 - 6.

( Serve like pancakes, with maple syrup, or blueberries and whipped cream )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg done.jpg (32.1 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg suggest.jpg (29.8 KB, 139 views)
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:38 PM   #19
Mechelle
On Timeout

Mechelle can now change their title

1 Kelbasa
1 Bell Pepper
1/2 Sweet Onion
1 Large leftover baked potato "refrigerated over night"
6 Eggs

Wisk eggs to add some fluff
Cut up potato with skin into cubes fry with a bit of olive oil bell pepper, onion and kelbasa. Once kelbasa and potato start to brown pour eggs over top and scramble in. Sprinkle with cheese if you like, serve with toast!
Mechelle is offline   Reply With Quote