Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Library > Story Writers Forum

Old 02-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
StrugglingWriter

StrugglingWriter carries a lot of weight on this boardStrugglingWriter carries a lot of weight on this boardStrugglingWriter carries a lot of weight on this boardStrugglingWriter carries a lot of weight on this boardStrugglingWriter carries a lot of weight on this board
Default StrugglingWriter's Thread ("Something's Gotta Give")

Howdy, ya'll.

"Something's Gotta Give" has been running for about a year now, although to me it feels like it's just getting started. I'm loving writing it, and I'm loving even more looking forward to where I plan for it to go.

What I'd like to know from people who would like to respond:

* Other than the obvious (protagonist Kelly gains even more weight), where in your mind do you see this plot headed?

Any other comments regarding what you like about this particular story would be fine, but interested in what reader's might be thinking about the future of the story.
StrugglingWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
StrugglingWriter

StrugglingWriter carries a lot of weight on this boardStrugglingWriter carries a lot of weight on this boardStrugglingWriter carries a lot of weight on this boardStrugglingWriter carries a lot of weight on this boardStrugglingWriter carries a lot of weight on this board

Perusing the forum description, I now consider that perhaps I should not have started this thread?
Old 02-13-2012, 07:56 AM   #3
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Right now I'd say that there is an interesting tension between Kelly having embraced her current pudgy-and-well-endowed figure, and what her professor and tutor are hoping to see from her ('exponential growth' if I recall correctly). With Gail's tutorship she's making things work at her current size, but if she keeps ballooning in weight....I could see that getting harder and harder. Mind you, once Summer term is done and she is, presumably, back in the sorority house, she'd presumably have a hard time keeping up her eating levels.

I guess what I'm getting at is that the story title pretty much suggests that she can't have it all, she can't keep her marks, her figure, her party girl status, and her own happiness, all at the same time. By the end of the story, presumably, something will have to give, and she'll have to make some choices about what is most important to her.

I guess the one thing is that I hope it is a good ending--her choosing, rather than a bad ending -- her spiralling out of control and losing most everything.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #4
StrugglingWriter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Right now I'd say that there is an interesting tension between Kelly having embraced her current pudgy-and-well-endowed figure, and what her professor and tutor are hoping to see from her ('exponential growth' if I recall correctly). With Gail's tutorship she's making things work at her current size, but if she keeps ballooning in weight....I could see that getting harder and harder. Mind you, once Summer term is done and she is, presumably, back in the sorority house, she'd presumably have a hard time keeping up her eating levels.

I guess what I'm getting at is that the story title pretty much suggests that she can't have it all, she can't keep her marks, her figure, her party girl status, and her own happiness, all at the same time. By the end of the story, presumably, something will have to give, and she'll have to make some choices about what is most important to her.

I guess the one thing is that I hope it is a good ending--her choosing, rather than a bad ending -- her spiralling out of control and losing most everything.
I guess, having seen you on these boards for a long time, I'm not surprised your response would be so thoughtful. Thank you. I was wondering how transparent the "exponential growth" conversation might seem. I guarantee you Kelly didn't see through it.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:45 AM   #5
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrugglingWriter View Post
I was wondering how transparent the "exponential growth" conversation might seem. I guarantee you Kelly didn't see through it.
Well, I'm a mathy, so I actually paid attention to those parts.....don't know how much others would have paid attention to it, now that I think of it.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:17 PM   #6
StrugglingWriter

UGH! I've been struggling with this one scene for SO LONG. Block after block after block, line after line, all about getting from here to there, and all of it about, Is that really natural? UGH!

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...d.php?t=102853
Old 10-15-2016, 05:07 AM   #7
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

That's the worst!!
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 05:19 AM   #8
Tad
mostly harmless

Is there any way you can jump past it, and just tease it out in memories / flashbacks etc ... focusing on the impact more than the play by play? Or is it one of those that really needs to be front and centre?

Also: ditto on what Xy said, and I think anybody who writes has hit this sort of block, sooner or later.
Old 10-15-2016, 06:24 AM   #9
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I tend to wrire ahead too, as Tad says, or write a bit of a different story until it clicks.

It sucks when you put it on paper and have to crumple it up!
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:29 AM   #10
ALS Again

ALS Again can now change their title

I feel like I can't write at all. I just have severe writer's block.
ALS Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:29 AM   #11
ALS Again

ALS Again can now change their title

Plus, the story that I wrote last year is incredibly stupid. I can't find a way to revamp the story without starting over.
ALS Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 10:32 PM   #12
StrugglingWriter

Sooooooooooooo, I did it!!

Old 11-10-2017, 03:00 PM   #13
StrugglingWriter

I shot ahead after a long whirlwind of writing. It's going to take a ton of editing before it all gets posted, but I'm happy to share that I've reached the next great milestone in SGG!

Old 11-10-2017, 06:38 PM   #14
jakemcduck

jakemcduck has said some nice things

Awesome! Looking forward to it!
jakemcduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:19 AM   #15
Tad
mostly harmless

Great news
Old 11-27-2017, 08:20 PM   #16
StrugglingWriter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemcduck View Post
Awesome! Looking forward to it!
You know what? Right back atya!

Old 11-27-2017, 08:21 PM   #17
StrugglingWriter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Well, I'm a mathy, so I actually paid attention to those parts.....don't know how much others would have paid attention to it, now that I think of it.
By the way, forgot once I put it up. It was The Code lecture. You think that could have been by flashback?